Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game

Old 11-11-2015, 02:29 PM   #1
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr
Default TWG Game Building Thread

So, we had been discussing the concept of a game-building thread a while back, and personally would like to see it revived. I believe there was an old one, but it probably died off when the game slowed down. I also messaged Manti about this, but didn't get a response, so let's see how it goes!
This thread is for potential hosts to discuss their game's mechanics and balance, to share ideas and feedback with other hosts/players, and to prepare games for sign ups so that the sign up thread for new games doesn't take forever to get posted. Hopefully, some of the TWGers here can utilize this tool to vamp up some of our ideas. Hope ya like em!
I've posted 4 games that I've created over the last few months, some of you guys are familiar with a few of them, the top one being a game I created more recently.

I'm not in charge of anything, but if I had to make a rule for this thread it would simply be not to be a closed-minded douche and stay open to suggestions, both with your feedback and as a potential host.
===========================================================================
Trying to put together a few options for some games so you guys have more choice from me, put together this small game I think is balanced, but would like some feedback.

12 Players

2 3rd Party Masons/Lovers - Your wincon is to get through the game, alive, with your partner. You will have a QT. One Mason/Lover will have the ability to do a 1 shot guard, the other Mason/Lover will have a 1 shot seering.

2 wolves - 1 godfatherwolf the other a Wolf Seer

1 Doctor - Chooses on n1 to be 1 shot bullet proof himself, or protect others nightly throughout the game

1 Seer - basic investivation role, but seers red to Mason/Wolf

I think it's balanced, but it might be able to use a little more scum-power.
==============================================================================

13 Player (this was my mystery game)

Rzr's Mysterious Comeback Game
Mystery Game: Theme - The Walking Dead

1. Vote counts will not be published by me to avoid outing Morgan
2. night talk is off
3. card flips are off since there's more than enough ways to get info
4. oot comm is off except for wolf/mason chat

1, 2 Glenn/Maggie - counterparts, if one dies both die, if one is seered both roles are revealed, if one is guarded both get guarded, do not know each other

3, 4 Abraham/Rosita - lovers, one dies both die, do not know each other

5 Morgan - seer reading always comes back true, but Morgan's vote never seems to hold any weight

6 Miccone - guard (odd) switches guard shifts with rick to allow each other to rest, do not know each other, will not be successful if Carol and Daryl are busy

7 Rick - guard (even) switches guard shifts with miccone to allow each other to rest, do not know each other, will not be successful if Carol and Daryl are busy

8 Carol - psychic, will always receive reading, if Rick and Daryl are busy (using their powers) this will not be accurate

9 Daryl - vigilante, but mustreturn at night to watch over his people. vigi will not be successful if Carol and Rick are busy (using their powers)

10 Sasha - If Tyreese dies, Sasha is privately informed of his role

11 Tyreese - Tyreese is a wolf who, if Sasha dies, will Kamakaze and kill another player along with himself out of grief.

12 Eugene - God Father wolf

13 Priest - lone wolf

=========================================================================

Here is the game I had been proposing for 16 with items, would love feedback here. If it seems poopular I'll personally track down some additional players.

As the universe trembled with the might of planets colliding you can hear the winds whisper, a new beginning.
Seemingly alone, [char1] wonders towards a hill staring up at the sky. Flashes of bright red and turquoise lit up the night, with the colossal thunder you would think the world was ending. From around a corner to the south a small group stood collected. Cloaks and jackets violently swaying in the wind, they clung to each other to not get lifted from their feet. [char1] sprints toward them, he'd been out all night hunting and sought the comfort of his group.
Again, in the sky the flashes continue. The group huddles closer together, and the universe with a roar and a whisper all at once, went quiet.
Suddenly, the leaves stopped stirring, the gentle squeaks and clamor of wildlife ceased, and the group found themselves in a foreign land. The ground below them was hot with ash. As the rubber on their boots began to melt they ran. They were on the edge of a volcano. The sky was still flashing, but quietly. One of the younger lads lost his footing and slipped down the narrow steep slope toward the lava. The rest of the group kept moving, and faster.
As they neared the outskirts of the volcano's rim the ground cooled down, and they could slow down.
[char 2] "How the hell did we get here? This is ass backwards"
[char 2] "The sky is still the same, I don't like this."
[char 1] "We should go back,"
[char 2] "How the hell do we get back!?"
[char 3] "I don't think we can"
[char 2] "Then how are we going to get home"
A haunting silence ensued.
[char 1] "I think we should split up. Half of us will go north, half of us will go south. We need to find a road or a platform to get a good look from"
[char 3] "I don't know if it's such a good idea to split the group up so early. This might not even be Earth anymore.."
[char 1] "I'm going south. [char 2], take the other group. [char 3] do what you see fitting. I trust you.
[char 3] "I'm staying here. I'll get a camp set up for the night. Everyone meet back here by sundown."
And with a swift step [char 1] turned with his half of the group and walked away.

16 players - Negotiable
4:1 human/wolf ratio
Items : on
Night talk : on
OOT : off
Card flipping : on
Phantoms : on (vote you fuckers)

4 Wolves

1 God Father wolf- seers human

1 Were Wolf - If this wolf is the last one remaining his role will be revealed publicly in the thread going into the night, after lynch.

1 Cursed Wolf - If this wolf is seered the identity of the lone wolf is revealed to the seer also. Only player to know they are cursed.

1 Lone Wolf - During first phase LW will PM host with numbers 1 or 2, which will curse either the first or second of each Power Role (seer/guard) respectively. Does not know other wolves and vice versa. If he is last wolf alive he converts to God Father wolf.

11 humans

2 cursed seers - 2 separate roles. Only one of them will be cursed, neither will know if it is them or not. If you are cursed ALL readings from you will come in wrong, even if that role states otherwise.

2 cursed guardians - Same rules as cursed seers, only one of them is cursed. Whichever guard is cursed will find that their guard pick dies, regardless of if he is attacked. Use this curse wisely.

5 cursed humans – Do not know they are cursed and function normally.

2 - Normal humans

1 Third party

Shop Keeper has full access to the Store. Keeper must give away at least 1 item per phase. The Keeper may give away as many items as they choose, as long as the desired quantity is in stock . If Keeper fails to do their duties they are fired and replaced by a random VT. The fired Shop Keeper will become a VT. If Keeper is killed they are replaced by VT. At no point in the game will there not be a Keeper, meaning blue/red roles might eventually find themselves with the ability to pass items, however if this happens to a wolf they will remain red. Shop Keeper can not be cursed. Keeper may not use items on themselves. Items may not be passed, they are used or discarded by EoP, and no player will know who they receive an item from. Shop Keeper has access to the following items:

Elder Wand - 1 Shooting, if you are cursed the vigi will not work

Force Holocron- 1 shot seering, will always receive a reading, if you are cursed this reading will not be correct

Genie's Lamp - Rubbing this lamp will grant you 1 wish. This wish allows for the lamp to act as any other item, but be careful, there is a 33% chance it will explode due to high levels of pressure in the lamp.

Lucky the Leprechaun - Our favorite cereal character has come to give you a little luck. Take this item to uncurse your desired player, this may include yourself. If that player was not cursed and you uncurse them, they now become cursed.

Sonic Rings - Unlike other items the Sonic Rings do nothing. However, if you are fortunate to gain them twice in a row, this will result in you becoming invincible for the following phase.

Golden Wonka Ticket – As per request we have a new item in stock. Flashing the ticket to Wonka's Factory will publicly reveal a players curse status. It will not say any role details, only whether they are cursed or not.

- Replenish rate at +2 items per 24 hours.
- Every morning the items in stock are revealed to town
- If you are cursed all actions perform uner curse conditions. If cursed seer seers cursed wolf, rather than getting false readings for both wolves (LW and CW) they will only receive false readings on the CW.
- All items come in effect by end of phase
- To use an item PM me your item and target, esp for lamp
- Normal wincon for town/scum
Notes: If this game is too large or too complicated I have three options:
A. I can bring the player count down.
B. I can request a co host.
C. I can eliminate the ShopKeeper and create a rule to disperse items at random.
Questions?

Godfather Wolf - You are the Godfather wolf. Your the leader of your faction, possessing no special power besides the uncanny ability to seer as a human. Be wary, if you are cursed you will seer as a wolf. Team mates [x][y] and [wolfchat].

Werewolf - You are the Werewolf. You seer red. You cannot control your transformation, and a full moon will rise if you are the last player. If this happens your role will be outed publicly at the end of the day phase. Team mates [x][y] and [wolfchat].

Cursed Wolf - You are the Cursed Wolf. You seer red. Your curse cannot be undone. If you are seered the identity of the lone wolf is also revealed to the seer. Team mates [x][y] and [wolfchat].

Lone Wolf - You are the Lone Wolf. You are alone. Upon receiving this PM you are to pick a number, 1 or 2. This will determine which seer/guard is cursed. If the cursed wolf is seered your role will be given to the seer also, without your knowledge. If you out-live the other wolves you will convert to Godfather Wolf.

Cursed Guardian - You are a Guardian. As you should be aware, this power does not come free. There is a 50/50 chance you are cursed. If you are cursed you will find that your guard pick drops dead, regardless of a wolf attack. Use this curse wisely.

Cursed Seer - You are the Seer. As you should be aware, this power does not come free. There is a 50/50 chance you are cursed. If you are cursed your seering results will not come in properly.

Human - You are a VT. No special powers. Either fight defending your village or fall to the invading wolf party. Remember knowledge is your most powerful weapon.

Shop Keeper - You're hired. After reviewing your resume we have concluded you are more than qualified to run our store. Please, do not disappoint us. There are currently 2 of each item. You are required to send out a minimum of one item per phase both night and day. If you fail to do the job you will be fired. If you are fired you will become a normal human, and replaced by one. Neither of you will know the other. You cannot be cursed, and your sole objective is to stay alive bringing either side to victory as long as you don't die.

Shop Keeper (replacement) - You're hired. The previous keeper has been fired due to job negligence. You have been given the duties to fulfill. If you were a human of any sorts you are now the Shop Keeper. If you were a wolf you still are, but are in charge of dispensing items. The chances of this will be slim as all replacements will be VT at first.

Item PM - You have received [item]. Its uses are [uses]. You may use this item any time from now until the end of phase. If it is not used it is discarded.

Item PM Results - The seering results are [results].
Alt PM - You have received Sonic Rings twice in a row! You will be invincible for the following phase [phase].

==========================================================================
And here is my 9 player Rapid Game with 3 different teams (3 of 3)
9 players
3 groups of 3 players

3 Teams:
Team Inception:
Team Illuminati:
Team Rocket:

Team Set Up:
1. VT
2. WOLF
3. VT

All teams have the following 4 items from the start of the game, and can be used at any time:
1 seer item
1 vigi item
1 Ouija board - resurrection
1 Styx river - keeps the dead dead.

Team PM:
VT: You are on team [team]. Your team mates are [mate1] and [mate2]. Your primary objective is to eliminate team [team x]. Your secondary objective is to eliminate all threats to town.

WOLF PM: You are on team [team]. Your team mates are [mate1] and [mate2]. Your primary objective is to eliminate team [team x]. Your secondary objective is to remain alive and bring the wolves to victory

- Whoever sends in the seering PM will receive the results, not the whole team.
- If the Ouija board is used the targeted player will resurrect the next phase.
- Items may be used at any phase, once it's used it's gone.
- Wolves will not know who each other are.
- If a Styx river is used to block a Ouija board this means that player can not ever be revived
- Wolf win con is to win with other wolves or eliminate rival team.
- VT will know only who is on their team.
- There will be 3 separate Quick Topic chats for each team.
- In order to use an item all 3 team members must PM host. This is to ensure agreement on item use. If a majority of the team vote to use an item and PM it to host it will be used. Majority is also 1 in the event only 1 PM is received. If 2 separate items are used by 2 separate players on the same team they will both be used. No one person's vote counts for more than another person's.
- Psychic reading will be given at start of day stating how many members of each group are left. card flipping is off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 02:33 PM   #2
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG Game Building Thread

For some reason, this reminds me of that one time where I wanted to make this crazy DBZ themed one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 02:36 PM   #3
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

Ay that sounds awesome, I'm almost tempted myself now! Any idea where you'd start? Android series would probably offer the best antagonists as wolves

Quote:
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

Old 11-11-2015, 02:45 PM   #4
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

faction games are always really weird, and the win cons being all mixed up like that (at least from the one game i played where something like this happened *cough*mashi invited*cough*) kinda was a little too much. idk.

setup 1 looks like a fairly 'standard' setup as far as interesting setups can get

walking dead is complicated as shit, and it makes all blues give kinda no information because of the semantics revolving around them which sucks

items is also complicated, and power lies in the shop keeper's decision making. It's nice to have a central figure of power to kinda glance at every once in a while (like an innocent child) but having someone pretty much dictate the outcome of the game feels wrong

----

you seem to like roles that are like "you can do this, BUT YOU DONT KNOW IF IT WORKS PROPERLY HAUHAUHAU" which removes (i think) the point of the role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

Last edited by YoshL; 11-11-2015 at 02:46 PM..
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 02:56 PM   #5
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

i also have a flame wars re-re-re-redux that's been in the works

Quote:
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 11-11-2015, 03:40 PM   #6
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

here's the proposed idea, i haven't balanced or fixed any of the power spots yet so it's still a work in progress

Introducing, "The Flame Wars Part 4? How many of these have there been"

A Night at the museum. Multiple nights.

The mafia have locked everyone in. And what's worse...they have access to the control room. T-they... can shut the security gates... T-They.... can turn down the AC for specific rooms?

Oh god no.

During the night, the mafia will turn down the air conditioning so far, that it'll give people hypothermia in the night, causing them to die. Oh god.

This isn't the Flame wars anymore.

This is...The Freeze wars.
#plottwist

You as the innocent civilians stuck here can visit and hide out in one of the rooms at night. Be forewarned though - as you sleep, the mafia may choose to close the security door to that area, and freeze you to death.
====================================

The main exhibits are as follows:

1) The Dinosaur Den
2) The Ancient Archives
3) The Rockin' Rocks
4) The Art Alley
5) The Big Bang Burrow
6) The Space Space

Once the security door is sealed on any of these exhibits, it will never open again.
All of the above exhibits have an AC unit

Then there is:

7) Main Hall

The Main Hall will never be sealed off
However, the Main Hall has an AC unit. you can die of cold.

The non-exhibit rooms are as follows,

8) The IMAX Movie Theater - No Hypothermia risk
The first night that this is visited will show the movie to them! A night showing! What's this movie about? Something about the history of TWG...what even is that? Does anyone really even care?
the following day, a posting of how many were in attendance of the movie will be shown.
Since the air-conditioning is pre-set to "uncomfortably cold", as are all movie theaters, you're guaranteed to not die of hypothermia in this room.
Seals after first use

9) The Kidz Zone - No Hypothermia risk
collapses if more than 2 people hide here at the same time, killing them all
has no air-conditioning unit to keep kids miserable, and your butt alive as you hide in the dirty jungle gym climbing thing
Does not seal

10) The Food Court
first person to come here will pick up the one can of soup that's left (determined by pm order)
they will be able to eat the soup (automatically) to avoid death from hypothermia
has an AC unit. You may die coming here.
Seals upon freezing

11) The Security Booth
If more than one person accesses the security booth, the security system ejects them into the main hall. You may view the footage, looking for 1 specific player in the footage. You know that every room except for the AC CONTROL Room has working security cameras. You only will be able to check if you can see that one person in the security cam footage. You will be pmed the location that they're at, at the end of the night. If they can't be found, they will be "nowhere to be found"

12) The Bathrooms - No Hypothermia risk
Will be innaccessabile the night following its usage due to horrid stench. If you attempt to use, you will stagger back into the main hall
Does not seal, unless there's a poopy leftover from the previous night

========================================================================================================================================================================================================================

There are 3 mafia among 13 people.

The mafia are:
2 Normal Mafia Goons
1 Mafia Movie Stalker
This mafia will sit in the movie theater each night until the movie shows. When the movie does show, he will be able to kill one of the moviegoers during the movie. Does not count as a movie "attendee" since he doesn't actually have a ticket to the movie! Becomes a normal mafia goon afterwards

The mafia each choose a place to hide for the night. One of the normal mafia goons will be able to choose the "AC CONTROL ROOM" as their hiding location, as well as a room to crank it up on

Quote:

Last edited by YoshL; 11-11-2015 at 03:55 PM..
Old 11-11-2015, 03:42 PM   #7
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan

@plop
I think running the simultaneous games works if its not a race.
A race still might work to be completely honest, I just see the same problem you do with people either sabotaging one side of the game or like focusing ALL of their efforts on one game.
Also, certain setups in matrix6 are more likely to take less time than others, so rolling the game twice gives a bit of luck to one game over another. (Ie, games with the 1-shot bulletproof setup without any informative roles will take longer if enough games are run)

Very interesting concept though, and one I think can and does work, although it just has some kinks
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

Last edited by thesunfan; 11-11-2015 at 03:46 PM..
thesunfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 04:00 PM   #8
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan

If C9++ was run, that also would not work unless there was a sk in both games or there is not a sk in both games, which is kinda awkward
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
thesunfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 04:10 PM   #9
rzr
TWG Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
you seem to like roles that are like "you can do this, BUT YOU DONT KNOW IF IT WORKS PROPERLY HAUHAUHAU" which removes (i think) the point of the role.
I like to make the info hard to interpret haha. With the Walking Dead game, the goal of the 3 roles that alternate power is that I was thinking they would be forced to try and form an alliance to assure info accuracy, which would directly affect scum power. How could I alternate this to assure power balance?

Also, in regards to my faction game, it is a huge WiP, I heard some positive feedback but it needs to be severely balanced.
Now I'm gonna check your cool lookin game!

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 11-11-2015, 04:28 PM   #10
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

a 3 power role alliance that you're trying to force feels broken. like, it sounds cool in theory i guess, but in practice, large confirmed alliances of townies that are confirmed with each other don't work.

also playing a themed game where there's obvious people who are scum/town/etc. are also questionable. It's a cool niche thing, but as soon as you have people be like "so who are you" then it's like "welp". You can deter that as the host, however, i do think that the host shouldn't have to specify that kind of thing for the sake of the setup.

Quote:

Last edited by YoshL; 11-11-2015 at 04:30 PM..
Old 11-11-2015, 04:30 PM   #11
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
a 3 power role alliance that you're trying to force feels broken.
This.

Sunfan and I discussed how broken it is even to have a cop/doc combo allied let alone three PRs being allied together.

I would imagine in a randomized setup that it would be even more past broken.

Last edited by _Zenith_; 11-11-2015 at 04:30 PM..
_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 04:31 PM   #12
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

in a randomized setup it's not that bad, because in the setups, you often don't know if there's a cop and doctor both confirmed in the roles that game, and there's usually a mafia check (a roleblocker for instance) to prevent follow the cop from happening

Quote:
Old 11-11-2015, 04:40 PM   #13
rzr
TWG Veteran

Quote:
here's the proposed idea, i haven't balanced or fixed any of the power spots yet so it's still a work in progress

Introducing, "The Flame Wars Part 4? How many of these have there been"

A Night at the museum. Multiple nights.

The mafia have locked everyone in. And what's worse...they have access to the control room. T-they... can shut the security gates... T-They.... can turn down the AC for specific rooms?

Oh god no.

During the night, the mafia will turn down the air conditioning so far, that it'll give people hypothermia in the night, causing them to die. Oh god.

This isn't the Flame wars anymore.

This is...The Freeze wars.
#plottwist

You as the innocent civilians stuck here can visit and hide out in one of the rooms at night. Be forewarned though - as you sleep, the mafia may choose to close the security door to that area, and freeze you to death.

The main exhibits are as follows:

1) The Dinosaur Den
2) The Ancient Archives
3) The Rockin' Rocks
4) The Art Alley
5) The Big Bang Burrow
6) The Space Space

Once the security door is sealed on any of these exhibits, it will never open again.
All of the above exhibits have an AC unit

Then there is:

7) Main Hall

The Main Hall will never be sealed off
However, the Main Hall has an AC unit. you can die of cold.

The non-exhibit rooms are as follows,

8) The IMAX Movie Theater - No Hypothermia risk
The first night that this is visited will show the movie to them! A night showing! What's this movie about? Something about the history of TWG...what even is that? Does anyone really even care?
the following day, a posting of how many were in attendance of the movie will be shown.
Since the air-conditioning is pre-set to "uncomfortably cold", as are all movie theaters, you're guaranteed to not die of hypothermia in this room.
Seals after first use

9) The Kidz Zone - No Hypothermia risk
collapses if more than 2 people hide here at the same time, killing them all
has no air-conditioning unit to keep kids miserable, and your butt alive as you hide in the dirty jungle gym climbing thing
Does not seal

10) The Food Court
first person to come here will pick up the one can of soup that's left (determined by pm order)
they will be able to eat the soup (automatically) to avoid death from hypothermia
has an AC unit. You may die coming here.
Seals upon freezing

11) The Security Booth
If more than one person accesses the security booth, the security system ejects them into the main hall. You may view the footage, looking for 1 specific player in the footage. You know that every room except for the AC CONTROL Room has working security cameras. You only will be able to check if you can see that one person in the security cam footage. You will be pmed the location that they're at, at the end of the night. If they can't be found, they will be "nowhere to be found"

12) The Bathrooms - No Hypothermia risk
Will be innaccessabile the night following its usage due to horrid stench. If you attempt to use, you will stagger back into the main hall
Does not seal, unless there's a poopy leftover from the previous night

========================================================================================================================================================================================================================

There are 3 mafia among 13 people.

The mafia are:
2 Normal Mafia Goons
1 Mafia Movie Stalker
This mafia will sit in the movie theater each night until the movie shows. When the movie does show, he will be able to kill one of the moviegoers during the movie. Does not count as a movie "attendee" since he doesn't actually have a ticket to the movie! Becomes a normal mafia goon afterwards

The mafia each choose a place to hide for the night. One of the normal mafia goons will be able to choose the "AC CONTROL ROOM" as their hiding location, as well as a room to crank it up on
Holy shit, please post this I would vote in a heart beat!!

Also, I'm tame to ditch the 3x3 game, would you be more open to the Mystery Game if names were detached from the roles? Checkin plops now, but I think we chatted awhile ago about that.
Seriously though, the concept of different rooms reminds me of reading roundbox's mystery game, and that looked cool as all hell

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 11-11-2015, 04:43 PM   #14
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

it still needs balance work rn (food court is one thing)

Quote:
Old 11-11-2015, 06:24 PM   #15
Rex96
FFR Player

He hey...
I'm new here, but let's just say I'm making a setup

It's an easy and simple setup

There's only Humans (and mason) and Werewolves. no Seer, Guardian Angel, or Alpha, Role-blocker, Driver, or Serial Killer, Cult, Baker whatsoever.

But there is Vigilante.

Basicly, during the day phase, all the players alive vote someone among them to become a vigilante. During the night vigilante can kill a player.

If a werewolf targeting the vigilante, both dies.
Rex96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:33 PM   #16
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

so in your setup, detail:
how many total players?
how many mason pairs?
how many werewolves?
what happens if a werewolf is given a vigilante power, do the werewolves get two kills in the night?

an immediate problem i see:
masons claim that they're masons with each other, and then the gun will go to that mason every single time, preventing werewolves from killing a confirmed human for the entire game. Then the game devolves into normal TWG almost, so the novelty is lost really quickly

Quote:

Last edited by YoshL; 11-11-2015 at 06:34 PM..
Old 11-11-2015, 07:03 PM   #17
Rex96
FFR Player

Quote:
so in your setup, detail:
how many total players?
how many mason pairs?
how many werewolves?
what happens if a werewolf is given a vigilante power, do the werewolves get two kills in the night?

an immediate problem i see:
masons claim that they're masons with each other, and then the gun will go to that mason every single time, preventing werewolves from killing a confirmed human for the entire game. Then the game devolves into normal TWG almost, so the novelty is lost really quickly
It can go with 12, 16 and 20 players.

12 Players : 2 Mason, 3 Werewolves
16 Players : 3 Mason, 4 Werewolves
20 Players : 3 Mason, 5 Werewolves

Yes, if werewolves got the gun, they can get another kill during the night.

How can the gun go to the mason every single time ?
how can someone be confirmed human if there's no seer ? unless the mason got lucky and kill the werewolves.

Last edited by Rex96; 11-11-2015 at 07:06 PM.. Reason: just thinking something
Old 11-11-2015, 07:41 PM   #18
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

the masons can claim that they're masons. if anyone else counterclaims, then there would have to be that many counterclaims at least for it to even be considered. you get confirmed humans through that, giving a mason the gun every single time

even with 3 masons claiming a masonry, and 3 wolves out of 5 in a game of 20 counterclaiming, you simply give the gun to someone in that group. best case scenario is that you have 2 masons dead the next morning because a werewolf gets the gun, otherwise you have a mason and werewolf dead.
worst case = 1 confirmed mason, and 5 wolves, with 18 players. you take out 3 townies and the 3 confirmed wolves, and it's a game of 1 confirmed town, 2 wolves, 12 people total, which is worse off for the wolves, and is very heavily town sided
best case, you have 2 confirmed masons, and 4 wolves, with 18 players. you take out 1 of the confirmed masons, 1 town, and 2 more wolves, leaving a game of 14 total - 2 wolves, and 1 confirmed town, which is even more horridly town sided

with 4 werewolves and 16 players
worst case
1 confirmed mason, 1 werewolf, 8 players.
best case
1 confirmed mason, 1 werewolf, 10 players.

with 3 werewolves, 2 masons and 12 players, this is the only one where you may lose all confirmed humans with 2 werewolves, however it's still lol. having a game revolve around this is really dumb

Quote:

Last edited by YoshL; 11-11-2015 at 07:50 PM..
Old 11-11-2015, 07:48 PM   #19
Rex96
FFR Player

Quote:
the masons can claim that they're masons. if anyone else counterclaims, then there would have to be that many counterclaims at least for it to even be considered. you get confirmed humans through that, giving a mason the gun every single time
Oh, I did not think about that..

Yes, if there's only 1 Counterclaim ( from werewolves) then it's obvious..

I'll think about it later, maybe I should remove the mason role or change the gun mechanism
Old 11-11-2015, 07:52 PM   #20
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

if you wanted to do something like ->if you lynch a townsperson, they will die, but they get a vigi during the night.
if you lynch a wolf, they die and wolves get a nightkill

or something like that. it still leaves 1 kill per phase

although i think this is an already existing setup lol

Quote: