Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-5-2004, 08:23 PM   #21
BluE_MeaniE
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to BluE_MeaniE Send a message via MSN to BluE_MeaniE

Yes, there are idiots in real life, as well as on the internet, but many people who are idiots on the internet are not idiots in real life.
What I mean is, you're going to find a lot more idiots on the internet.
And I'm not saying this is acceptable. I think it's terrible. I always try to write non-stupid because I think it makes everything easier. Other people do that too, which is good. And I think even more people should just try a little harder. I'm not saying you have to totally change everything. But just...you know. I think you get what I'm saying. Put some thought into your post, and if you don't have any thought, you don't need to post.

And I do agree with you on most of your points.
Old 04-5-2004, 08:24 PM   #22
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lupin_the_3rd

Quote:
Yes Lupin, I have no life because I take these forums seriously. Which is definitely why I'm always online and have 3000 posts. Take a look at my profile - posts per day: less than 1. Post count has no meaning to me - especially since there's no rank here. All I want is to have intelligent conversations about topical subjects. Not have intelligent conversations that range 17 pages because some idiot flames the topic with pointless posts.
um...what was the point of bringing up postcounts again?
Old 04-5-2004, 09:29 PM   #23
hydrojakep
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to hydrojakep Send a message via AIM to hydrojakep Send a message via MSN to hydrojakep Send a message via Yahoo to hydrojakep

If forums were too serious, they wouldnt be as much fun to post on.
Sometimes, flamers are really funny, and making a point.

Old 04-5-2004, 10:27 PM   #24
jazzmosis
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to jazzmosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin_the_3rd
um...what was the point of bringing up postcounts again?
I was making the point that I actually have a life - which you said I didn't because I was, according to you, describing myself (my post about taking things seriously, and how idiots don't do it.). You indicated I had no life because of this:

Quote:
I said:
What it comes down to is that most of the dumbasses on this forum have no life so they come on this board to prove they have no life. Well good job, point taken, go to hell.

You said:
considering you're taking the forums so seriously, I believe you're basically describing yourself
I don't know if you caught my drift, but I was referring to that most of the idiots schill post, and then you said that I was describing myself. Clearly I don't schill post since I've been here since September and I've got less then 200 posts. I probably could have made myself more clear on that.

Moving on, I understand your point Specforces and Blue Meanie, but I had to get it off my chest - I knew I wasn't the only person tired of sifting through the crap posts on the topics and this was the most efficeint way to make it clear that most people aren't impressed by the idiots' schill posts - they just look stupid.

And I'm not saying let's all be serious all the time, I just wish the idiots would ruin good topics with useless posts. Perhaps I'm bitter, but I just think these forums would be so much better if we all showed more respect.

I guess that's the bottom line: respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
<3 Jazzoo.
Old 04-6-2004, 01:27 AM   #25
Feuergeist
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Feuergeist

These forums suck.

Wer noch nie einen Fehler gemacht hat, hat sich noch nie an etwas Neuem versucht.
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
Old 04-6-2004, 06:40 AM   #26
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feuergeist
These forums suck.
SAD!!!!11!

(OMFG I R TEH OVERUSE OF SMILIES OLOLOOOOL)
Old 04-6-2004, 07:13 AM   #27
fusi0n
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to fusi0n

this forum is just causing more forum drama
Old 04-6-2004, 10:18 AM   #28
1-4-4
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 1-4-4

Yeah, and it's Enough about Flame. It's turn worthless topic and waste of time.

Purple Player
Old 04-6-2004, 02:33 PM   #29
VxDx
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to VxDx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzmosis
Anyways, some of you call me whiners (and I care because why?)... but I make a valid point.
you can't validate your own point like that... but you should care since you are the one who is whining about others who "flame" (and I care because why?)...

Quote:
and I've stopped reading what's his ass Dx's posts because they're just (#$%.
who is this Dx? becasue last time I checked you can't shorten names like that osis. Oh, my posts are gay? Well genius, that's kinda like a flame there isn't it? Hypocrite.

Quote:
What it comes down to is that most of the dumbasses on this forum have no life so they come on this board to prove they have no life. Well good job, point taken, go to hell.
oh the hypocracy is overwhelming. Since the majority of the rest of the post seemed aimed partially at myself, I assume you mean that I have no life. Nice assumption, but you're a bit off. Assuming shit like this is what makes you look like an idiot. Please take note, whining about people flaming and then posting like this makes you look like an idiot.
Old 04-6-2004, 02:43 PM   #30
makaveli121212
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to makaveli121212

at first i didnt think jazz was so bad, but then he makes a stupid thread like this...what the hell were you thinking...you make a thread about how you hate all these immature flamers, and then you go and do it yourself...did you think at all before you started this
Old 04-6-2004, 03:26 PM   #31
jazzmosis
FFR Player

Actually VxDx, the sensored word is sh¡t. Not gäy.

And I wasn't referring to you personally other than when I called you out, I was really referring in general to the pointless "stfu" and "lol" and "noob" and one-word posts that are so frequent on the forums. To me, that's flaming.

This thread is not a flame; it's an argument. If I wanted to flame the members, I'd post 20 times on this thread and say "user X is a ****". Regardless of whether you hate me or think I'm a hypocrite (fine, it's your opinion.) I've backed up absolutely everything I've posted here, and I've not just made random claims. How is that flaming?

What really pissed me off (read the first post on the thread again) was the pointless one word posts - hey, if you want to argue with me, go ahead - I'll argue back any point (unless I agree) but I won't insult you (apart from the "what's his ass Dx" comment I've made, I haven't). To me, too many users care more about post counts then having a discussion/argument/whatever. And when they're told to tone it down because they ruin a topic, it's the mods fault and then they flame more. That's not mature, and it's pointless.

See, I don't even mind this topic with all the intelligent arguments/responses I've been getting. At least it proves to me that one of the culprits I accused has a brain.

Yes, makaveli I did think before I started this. And it's not like I didn't anticipate this kind of response (go and read the first post again).

Here's an example of the kind of posts that piss me off.

Quote:
SAD!!!!11!

(OMFG I R TEH OVERUSE OF SMILIES OLOLOOOOL)
Tell me how this adds to the conversation in any way?

Quote:
<3 Jazzoo.
Old 04-6-2004, 03:38 PM   #32
RobbyZero
FFR Player

Moogy can't mod shit. He doesn't know right from wrong on these forums anyway. You have to have that sense of matturity to have a position like Cenright.
Old 04-6-2004, 03:58 PM   #33
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

Gee, Jazz, let's think here...might that have been called "making a joke"? I notice that you didn't include the real reason I wrote that, which was because Feurgeist said:
Quote:
These Forums suck
I figured he was kidding, but even if he wasn't that's his opinion. My whole point was that was to JOKE. It's FUNNY. Gettit? Jazz, you obviously completely missed the point of my last post. I didn't want to say anything because I figured it'd blow over, but you keep saying "I'm not a hypocrite, this isn't a flame." But whatever your observations may be, the way that you presented them sounded LIKE a flame. Let's pretend that you do something I find annoying like say, you post a lot of one word answers (this is hypothetical). What I would do if I really just wanted to post my observations would be to say something like:

I've noticed something on the boards lately...a lot of people are posting a lot of one word answers. I just think that's kind of annoying...I mean seriously, you should take the extra ten seconds to write out a complete thought. This isn't a chat room, people, so don't treat it like one.

Here's how your post sounded to us, with my situation:

There's a big problem on the boards lately. All these freaking idiots keep posting these stupid one word answers. How annoying is that? I mean are you people so devoid of intelligent thought that all you can say is "yeah" as response? If you don't have something important to say, shut the hell up and go away, nobody cares what you have to say anyway.

See the difference?

Oh, and just for the record, I stopped caring about my post count after I hit 100. I kind of realized then that it matters jack how many posts you have, people will still listen to you. And I'd be willing to bet most of the other forum regs would agree with me. There's a difference between being an active poster and postwhoring, you know.
Old 04-6-2004, 04:02 PM   #34
DJ_Weasel
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to DJ_Weasel Send a message via Yahoo to DJ_Weasel

Is there a point to this topic? I'm suprised it got this far without being locked. It's a forum,get over it.
Old 04-6-2004, 04:08 PM   #35
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyZero
Moogy can't mod (#$%. He doesn't know right from wrong on these forums anyway. You have to have that sense of matturity to have a position like Cenright.
Retard.

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Old 04-6-2004, 04:32 PM   #36
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lupin_the_3rd

Moogy, you're one of the biggest hypocrites on this site. You go off on how you would like the forums to be nazi modded because ffr forums are mostly crap. Then you turn around and post useless, irrelevant junk which is most of the time not even funny.
Old 04-6-2004, 11:42 PM   #37
jazzmosis
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticrombie0909
Gee, Jazz, let's think here...might that have been called "making a joke"? I notice that you didn't include the real reason I wrote that, which was because Feurgeist said:
Quote:
These Forums suck
I figured he was kidding, but even if he wasn't that's his opinion. My whole point was that was to JOKE. It's FUNNY. Gettit? Jazz, you obviously completely missed the point of my last post. I didn't want to say anything because I figured it'd blow over, but you keep saying "I'm not a hypocrite, this isn't a flame." But whatever your observations may be, the way that you presented them sounded LIKE a flame. Let's pretend that you do something I find annoying like say, you post a lot of one word answers (this is hypothetical). What I would do if I really just wanted to post my observations would be to say something like:

I've noticed something on the boards lately...a lot of people are posting a lot of one word answers. I just think that's kind of annoying...I mean seriously, you should take the extra ten seconds to write out a complete thought. This isn't a chat room, people, so don't treat it like one.

Here's how your post sounded to us, with my situation:

There's a big problem on the boards lately. All these freaking idiots keep posting these stupid one word answers. How annoying is that? I mean are you people so devoid of intelligent thought that all you can say is "yeah" as response? If you don't have something important to say, shut the hell up and go away, nobody cares what you have to say anyway.

See the difference?

Oh, and just for the record, I stopped caring about my post count after I hit 100. I kind of realized then that it matters jack how many posts you have, people will still listen to you. And I'd be willing to bet most of the other forum regs would agree with me. There's a difference between being an active poster and postwhoring, you know.
Okay, I'll agree my first post wasn't the best tone to use, but you have to admit it got my point across. I didn't feel the way my post sounded (angry), but that's a handicap of the internet.

I didn't include the other post Feuerguest made cause at the very least, he was stating his opinion - I disagree with it (joke or not) but it does give some opinion or thought backing in it. Just because a post is SHORT (not one word - short.) doesn't mean I don't see it as valid. My thing with your post was that I didn't find it funny. Maybe others did, but to me that was just irrelevant - I've never found the humour in a keyboard mash and mispelled words.

You probably think I'm some humour tightwad, but on the contrary - I have a very off-the-wall sense of humour in reality.

Either way, that's a moot point. This topic really evolved from how the boards have bad apples to how I presented my first post.

So I apologize to you for my quote of you. But it did support my argument, especially since it was on a thread that I was complaining about just that.

As for post counts, I know plenty of regulars don't care, but it's obvious to see those who do - we had a problem like that on another board I mod, so we just hid post counts to inside the profiles. It seemed to work, although I'm not suggesting it would here.

The whole point of this thread is, and always will be, that there needs to be a tad more respect given by everyone around here - especially given to Synth & the team that created everything on the site (I don't know who they all are), because it just is clear most people take that for granted and act like they own the place.

Quote:
<3 Jazzoo.
Old 04-7-2004, 12:05 AM   #38
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

WTF is this flamewar.

locked.
Closed Thread