Old 03-31-2004, 10:54 PM   #1
jazzmosis
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to jazzmosis
Default Forum observations

I don't expect this thread to be open very long, but here goes.

In my time here on the boards, I've discovered a lot of different kinds of people. Some good, some bad.

However, it's just my observation that a ton of the regular posters need to grow the hell up. What's so cool about flaming other members? Does it give you idiots some satisfaction that you can annoy the hell out of people you don't know in reality? Or do you think you're a badass because you "won't get caught".

As a result, there aren't many people that have earned my respect (the first three I can think of that HAVE earned it are Synthlight, Arch0wl and Specforces). Honestly people, if sitting here and posting one word responces makes you think you're cool, then you really, really need a life.

You may not care about what I think about certain members or if you want my respect, but on a whole it's really annoying and boring to sift through 14 responces of crap until I can read something worthwhile on any thread.

Nobody probably cares and I'll probably be flamed for this anyways because you think it's funny that you can piss me off over something so irrelevant in life.

If you people are bored, get off your ass and do something worthwhile instead of one-line responses like "yeah" or "stfu noob".

These boards would be may more interesting if you acted like you had a brain - after all these boards are for DISCUSSING things, not post trolling.

My two cents - now go ahead and prove your immaturity by flaming me.

Thanks.

-Jazzmosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
<3 Jazzoo.
Old 03-31-2004, 11:08 PM   #2
ananana
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ananana Send a message via MSN to ananana Send a message via Skype™ to ananana

I liked what you had to say.
Old 04-1-2004, 04:34 PM   #3
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

yeah stfu noob

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Old 04-1-2004, 04:37 PM   #4
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lupin_the_3rd

Moogy, what would you do if you were modding the forums and you saw that message? Quit being so hypocritical. Sorry for being so very critical of you and your actions, but if you thought that Arch0wl was a change for the better, you're not exactly helping.
Old 04-1-2004, 04:40 PM   #5
VxDx
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to VxDx
Default Re: Forum observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzmosis
However, it's just my observation that a ton of the regular posters need to grow the hell up. What's so cool about flaming other members? Does it give you idiots some satisfaction that you can annoy the hell out of people you don't know in reality? Or do you think you're a badass because you "won't get caught".

As a result, there aren't many people that have earned my respect (the first three I can think of that HAVE earned it are Synthlight, Arch0wl and Specforces). Honestly people, if sitting here and posting one word responces makes you think you're cool, then you really, really need a life.
Stop whining.

You complain about flaming, and then you say that Arch has earned your respect? He flames quite a bit just like other people.
Old 04-1-2004, 04:44 PM   #6
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin_the_3rd
Moogy, what would you do if you were modding the forums and you saw that message? Quit being so hypocritical. Sorry for being so very critical of you and your actions, but if you thought that Arch0wl was a change for the better, you're not exactly helping.
If I was a mod, this whole topic would be deleted immediately, for being stupid.

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Old 04-1-2004, 04:46 PM   #7
COBOL
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to COBOL

Really, theres always going to be assholes and nice people so get over it, it's life.
Old 04-1-2004, 04:47 PM   #8
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

ohhh ohhh vxdx, the best ones are these kind:

STFU N00B YOU ARE FUCKING RETARTED. GO CASTRATE YOURSELF WITH A SPOON.

oh, and btw Moogy, you would suck at as a mod, considering you'd be deleting a topic about someone's opinion. Regardless if you like that opinion or not, you must respect it.
Old 04-1-2004, 04:55 PM   #9
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

Jassmosis, i agree
i admit, i flame people sometimes, mainly vxdx because he is a jerk when i need help from other people. Also some times people ask the same question OVER AND OVER and i get frustrated, and i will pop. So, here is my April resolution, do not flame a single person from here on in
Old 04-1-2004, 05:02 PM   #10
hEaLiNgViSiOnAnGeLicMiX
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to hEaLiNgViSiOnAnGeLicMiX

A little bit of light flaming doesn't hurt, even some harsher flaming is ok (specifically towards AlternateOblivion...is that bastard gone yet?) but I do see what you're getting at. It's true that we really do have a whole bunch of big whiny babies around here, and they either need to stop their pathetic attitude or just leave, no body will miss them. This is the type of thing that's been brought up before by other members/mods/ or even admins, and there's nothing they can really do about it since this IS a public forum for everyone. No where in the rules does it say "you can't be immature" but I still agree with you on the fact that we should get some peoples acts together. Perhaps we can do what they do at DDRFreak? Give out warning points...when someone gets to (insert number here) amount of points, they get an automatic ban.
Old 04-1-2004, 05:05 PM   #11
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

Quote:
Give out warning points...when someone gets to (insert number here) amount of points, they get an automatic ban.
why do i somehow feel that a certain mod would abuse this?
Old 04-1-2004, 05:31 PM   #12
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

What Jazz said is right. I am sick of bullsh*t posts.

And they arent assholes, they are idiots.
Old 04-1-2004, 05:47 PM   #13
hEaLiNgViSiOnAnGeLicMiX
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to hEaLiNgViSiOnAnGeLicMiX

Well then Lupin...if you're worried about...*cough* you know who *end cough* abusing these points (which I in fact am not worried about at all) you can always just simply give this ability to the admins only. Either way works.
Old 04-1-2004, 05:51 PM   #14
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

Arch0wl is an admin
Old 04-5-2004, 07:36 PM   #15
jazzmosis
FFR Player

Anyways, some of you call me whiners (and I care because why?)... but I make a valid point. There's 30K members on these forums, and a lot of the posters don't actually care about adding to the conversation (cough Moogy, VxDx, etc) but adding to their post counts. Sure Arch0wl has flamed a bit, but who hasn't? It's not the occasional flaming I'm bothered by, it's the incessant crap that I have to keep going through. I think I've taken 2 of Moogy's posts seriously, and I've stopped reading what's his ass Dx's posts because they're just shit.

And you all must think I'm a dumbass if you think I don't know that this goes on in tons of forums. What it comes down to is that most of the dumbasses on this forum have no life so they come on this board to prove they have no life. Well good job, point taken, go to hell.

Thanks.

Quote:
<3 Jazzoo.
Old 04-5-2004, 07:48 PM   #16
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

Quote:
What it comes down to is that most of the dumbasses on this forum have no life so they come on this board to prove they have no life. Well good job, point taken, go to hell.
considering you're taking the forums so seriously, I believe you're basically describing yourself
Old 04-5-2004, 07:49 PM   #17
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

You get an A+ for idea but C- for presentation. You see, I agreed with you for the majority of that, and I completely understand what you're trying to say - I've had thoughts similar to yours. But your problem is the way that you get it across. You see, nobody's going to listen to problems if you're telling them that they're the ones with the problems. They'll feel aggresive toward you, and flame back, taking it as an insult. You see, this comes across as a flame - an intelligent flame, with reasoning behind it - but a flame nonetheless.
Old 04-5-2004, 08:07 PM   #18
jazzmosis
FFR Player

Actually my last post bofore this was the first time I mentioned names. Okay agreed it wasn't the best way to present but it was the most effective. If I say "this is what you should do" the idiots won't listen because they're trying to further enrage me (failing to do so - I'm not mad, just annoyed.)

Yes Lupin, I have no life because I take these forums seriously. Which is definitely why I'm always online and have 3000 posts. Take a look at my profile - posts per day: less than 1. Post count has no meaning to me - especially since there's no rank here. All I want is to have intelligent conversations about topical subjects. Not have intelligent conversations that range 17 pages because some idiot flames the topic with pointless posts.

Quote:
<3 Jazzoo.
Old 04-5-2004, 08:16 PM   #19
Specforces
Yes
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Specforces

Edit: double post accident.
Old 04-5-2004, 08:16 PM   #20
Specforces
Yes
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Specforces

Forums are forums, that's the bottom line, you come here to talk. As in real life there are idiots and then there are people who want to add something to the conversation. I understand why you made the thread jazzmosis, but was it really necessary? I realize that seeing other people take advantage of something you enjoy can be frustrating, trust me, I sometimes want to be verbally abusive to some of the idiots that post here, but I try to restrain myself. See, by posting this topic you are just feeding idiots something else that to take advantage of and post some non-sensical BS in order to further convey their stupidity. Just ignore them. Let the mods and admins do their jobs.

Specforces