Old 08-29-2011, 10:01 PM   #1201
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Default Re: FFR Suggestions

Game booster didn't really do anything for me the lag was about the same on and off. The only difference is if it was framer death or mini spikes all over the chart. Both of which annoy me to no end.

I also tried standalone 9 with Velocity's engine and SA 8 with IE on legacy and while they both don't framer death lag, they still mini spike all over causing misc goods. I'm kinda ****ed either way.

PS:
1. Yes I tried turning the settings down.
2. I even turned off mirror which is almost always on for me.
3. I used all standard settings - Key map and speedmod.
4. I even tried resizing the window and it didn't help.
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:23 PM   #1202
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

A suggestion for the FFR rules: top players (anyone who is AAAing FMOs and above) shouldn't be allowed to get good scores on more than one account. The reasoning is that it's simply unfair to other people who are below them in the ranks. Without this rule, there's really nothing to stop someone from making the AAA count of a song shoot up, and ruin everyone's rank.

I think the penalty should be to blacklist the alt. The player should be allowed to transfer the scores to their main if they want, but the alt should definitely be blacklisted. If the alt is that of another actual player, any scores that look like they were gotten by the good player should be removed, but they shouldn't be blacklisted (it might not be their fault).
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:24 PM   #1203
-zeroSKILL-
Fuc Da Police
FFR Veteran

Location: It's grossly inappropriate and borderline bannable. --Guido
Send a message via AIM to -zeroSKILL-

I don't understand why everyone gives so much praise to Flash SA 8 and 9. I have 8, 9, and 10 on my desktop. I far and above prefer Flash SA 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duddychuck@yahoo.com View Post
God is a ******. Go away Jesus freak and read the bible --->
-zeroSKILL- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:46 PM   #1204
MaxGhost
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MaxGhost

Quote:
Originally Posted by -zeroSKILL- View Post
I don't understand why everyone gives so much praise to Flash SA 8 and 9. I have 8, 9, and 10 on my desktop. I far and above prefer Flash SA 10.
Plain and simple, F10 has worse support for old versions of flash and actionscript, in favor of support for AS3, the new standard for flash. Flash 8/9 run AS2 much better, and that's a fact, not fiction. Generally, Flash 10 SA runs FFR fine for me as well, but it'll periodically crash, which is absolutely unbearable.
MaxGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:46 PM   #1205
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra

Send a message via AIM to Netjet! Send a message via Skype™ to Netjet!

Flash 10 is nice, but as far as I know it doesn't go well with FFR because FFR is coded with AS2, which is not as fully supported on flash 10 than it is on FL9 or 8
Old 08-29-2011, 10:58 PM   #1206
Velocity
Doing the wrong thing the right way since 2010.
Site and Game Administrator
AdministratorRetired StaffDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I use flash 10, works better then flash 8/9.
Velocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:59 PM   #1207
MaxGhost
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
I use flash 10, works better then flash 8/9.
I'm sorry but I have to call BS on that, cause it crashes ALL THE TIME for me.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:01 PM   #1208
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqwref View Post
A suggestion for the FFR rules: top players (anyone who is AAAing FMOs and above) shouldn't be allowed to get good scores on more than one account. The reasoning is that it's simply unfair to other people who are below them in the ranks. Without this rule, there's really nothing to stop someone from making the AAA count of a song shoot up, and ruin everyone's rank.

I think the penalty should be to blacklist the alt. The player should be allowed to transfer the scores to their main if they want, but the alt should definitely be blacklisted. If the alt is that of another actual player, any scores that look like they were gotten by the good player should be removed, but they shouldn't be blacklisted (it might not be their fault).
A quadrillion times yes!

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:15 PM   #1209
-zeroSKILL-
Fuc Da Police
FFR Veteran

Location: It's grossly inappropriate and borderline bannable. --Guido
Send a message via AIM to -zeroSKILL-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxGhost View Post
I'm sorry but I have to call BS on that, cause it crashes ALL THE TIME for me.
I have *never* had FFR crash on me with Flash 10. *NEVER*.

The framerate is noticeably better on Flash 10 as well.

Flash 8 and 9 both seem to have very poor framerate, and Flash 8 will even occasionally have a "hiccup" and lag momentarily. That is unbearable to me.

Flash 10 is just better all around for me. And I really feel bad that everyone who advocates using a Flash SA player recommends 8 or 9 over Flash 10.

Give them all a try and see which one works for you.

Quote:

also, a
BIG +1
to this as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by duddychuck@yahoo.com View Post
God is a ******. Go away Jesus freak and read the bible --->
-zeroSKILL- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:16 PM   #1210
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:

I made this suggestion before, and the response I got was: "it's not a big deal, the percentage of people being affected are the top players, which is a really small amount. Most people wouldn't be affected."

I hope something will be done, regardless of this response.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:27 AM   #1211
MaxGhost
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -zeroSKILL- View Post
I have *never* had FFR crash on me with Flash 10. *NEVER*.

The framerate is noticeably better on Flash 10 as well.

Flash 8 and 9 both seem to have very poor framerate, and Flash 8 will even occasionally have a "hiccup" and lag momentarily. That is unbearable to me.

Flash 10 is just better all around for me. And I really feel bad that everyone who advocates using a Flash SA player recommends 8 or 9 over Flash 10.

Give them all a try and see which one works for you.
Just went back to try Flash 10 SA, it's lagging every 2nd game for me. Accuracy also seems to suffer compared to Flash 9 SA.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:28 AM   #1212
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Quote:

plus 1 from me too. I mean part of this game is trying to move up in the ranks. Every alt there is of a top player AAAing things, is another rank we lower players are losing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:34 AM   #1213
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

I say don't even allow them to move the score. Make them re obtain it.
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:59 AM   #1214
jimerax
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jimerax Send a message via MSN to jimerax Send a message via Skype™ to jimerax

The definition of "top player" is kinda vague and unfair imo, so to be clear:
"getting a TOP 100 (this number can be lowered tho) score or an AAA on 2 or more account in a song is not allowed"

We have to deal with whole things about this manually so this might be the biggest issue though.
jimerax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:11 AM   #1215
Poison-
Nope
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
Game booster is useless. It's a low graphics flash game ffs, game booster is just a program people use to try and make themselves better at the game.
I'm sorry but I completely disagree. Gamebooster makes this game playable for me. Without it I just lag like crazy.
Poison- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:05 PM   #1216
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

You all argue Standalone details and Gamebooster effectiveness as if it's a science with reoccuring results that never change. Lol. Everyone's computer is going to run it differently...to a lot of people, myself included, Gamebooster isn't going to do anything helpful. I don't run very much outside of FFR when I play FFR, so GB is just a waste of time for me. I play on Flash 9, because it runs smoother on my computer with the current FFR engine. That doesn't mean somebody else's won't run it faster or better on Flash 10... 10 doesn't ever crash for me. It just lags. Therefore I choose not to use it. I can totally believe that some of you have no issues with 10 whatsoever. Why do we need to argue about it? It's as simple as this:

Download Flash 8, Flash 9, and Flash 10. Run the swf in each of them and play a few songs. Pick which one works best. Still having problems? Try Gamebooster. Doesn't work? Get rid of it and move on. Nobody can look through your computer specs and say "Oh, yeah, you'll need Flash 9 and Gamebooster." It's not a standard or anything we can set without the computer sitting in front of us to test it.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:16 PM   #1217
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:

I definitely agree and was hoping that something would be done with my alt already. I mean, there's not an army of people with alts who can AAA FMOs and higher. If that was done on the whole difficulty scale I could understand that it's overdoing it, but if we start here it's not so bad.
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #1218
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimerax View Post
"getting a TOP 100 (this number can be lowered tho) score or an AAA on 2 or more account in a song is not allowed"

We have to deal with whole things about this manually so this might be the biggest issue though.
100 sounds pretty reasonable.

BTW: Ziergdsx = Reimu- = Cirno- = Yukari- = Yuyuko-sama (new main account?)
there's also Etylukah/Hakulyte, Dragon Shot/Velocity, FR_Zappy/Zap_Track/Xayphon, OhiImMasterOfTheTaco/MasterOfTheTaco (guessing both are BS), V-Ormix/TC_ORMIX/FR_ORMIX(probably)
and other alts: WTF WRECKED, ~ 5~, .-., hakase(?), STEPMANIA POLICE, samurai7694_VC, ffdfadsdasd2, Yuyuko- (not zierg), youbad
Feel free to dispute any of these, I don't have IP checking or anything like that.

EDIT: Another one: Herogashix(main)/FGO/Travis deJong
EDIT: Cataclysmt (= krunkykai22?)

Last edited by qqwref; 08-30-2011 at 02:19 PM..
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:56 PM   #1219
PaperclipGames
Mrow~
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to PaperclipGames Send a message via Skype™ to PaperclipGames

Quote:

I second this, although the line can get quite unclear this way. If you only give a penalty to alts that AAAs FMOs and higher but not to people who are slightly less pro, that would be unfair.

Shouldn't it be forbidden to even have an alt in the first place?
PaperclipGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:06 PM   #1220
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimerax View Post

I'd say top 200 for the simple fact that the FFR leaderboards show the top 200 players on any given song.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote