Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-7-2009, 10:58 AM   #1541
vantilburg
lol internet
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to vantilburg Send a message via MSN to vantilburg
Default Re: FFR's Top One Handers

Ohh? I've almost gotten back to my original skill without a flat key keyboard - Although they're kind of slanted so that sliding from down to up is no problem, I get stuck if I slide from up to down.. Which is why I use my index for down half the time. I actually don't play with my hand straight towards the keys, my arm's slanted at about a 45 degree angle to the right to give my index equal opportunity to hit the down key. I also use two fingers for up/down doubles - I don't think I could get good PA any other way, but do you think that's a bad habit?
And as for the tensing hand/arm, I have that problem too. So I'm trying a new thing - keeping my wrist completely flat on the desk. It definitely hurts less, and it works to warm up until it doesn't hurt anymore to play otherwise - I just have to be sure to play songs I can FC like that, or otherwise I'll get a hell of a lot of mind blocks on the song.
And the only thing I can think of for getting to 2.25 speed is to practice with it all the time.. But I'm not a subscriber so I'm not sure how difficult that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaguchiTheCat View Post
You are an ultimate humafag. Calling you an ultimate humafag is an understatement. You are a complete loonatic huma****! You should be shot with a bazooka for thinking this.
You've been hanging around the wrong furries, then. Most furries are nice people. ALL humafags are huge jerks. Environmentalists are good people who care about this planet, unlike you, Squeek.
vantilburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-7-2009, 11:03 AM   #1542
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantilburg View Post
Ohh? I've almost gotten back to my original skill without a flat key keyboard - Although they're kind of slanted so that sliding from down to up is no problem, I get stuck if I slide from up to down.. Which is why I use my index for down half the time. I actually don't play with my hand straight towards the keys, my arm's slanted at about a 45 degree angle to the right to give my index equal opportunity to hit the down key. I also use two fingers for up/down doubles - I don't think I could get good PA any other way, but do you think that's a bad habit?
My playing style developed around sliding on flat keys - I'd have to completely re-learn one handing if I wanted to play on raised keys, and that's not something I'm prepared to do.

Hitting up-down jumps is alright if you use your index for the down/left keys, so in your case it's actually a good habit.

Quote:
And as for the tensing hand/arm, I have that problem too. So I'm trying a new thing - keeping my wrist completely flat on the desk. It definitely hurts less, and it works to warm up until it doesn't hurt anymore to play otherwise - I just have to be sure to play songs I can FC like that, or otherwise I'll get a hell of a lot of mind blocks on the song.
I notice it helps as well, but I try not to do that given that it will greatly increase the risk of carpal tunnel due to the bad position of your wrist. I try to avoid it unless I'm doing hardcore wristjacking (e.g Sandstorm). Besides, I couldn't do that anyways being that I hit up-down jumps with 2 fingers, and it's basically impossible to play with your wrist in that position if you use just your middle finger for up and down arrows.

Quote:
And the only thing I can think of for getting to 2.25 speed is to practice with it all the time.. But I'm not a subscriber so I'm not sure how difficult that is.
It's pretty tough - 2.25 is both fast and choppy. I can probably adjust, but seeing myself get horrible PA when it's normally beastly is too much for me to handle. ._.

~Bynary Fission

https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/tell-us-who-you-are-battle-tower-royale-character-creation-screen
Bynary Fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-7-2009, 11:15 AM   #1543
vantilburg
lol internet
FFR Veteran

Ahhh so many different sub-styles beyond 3 fingers one handed. From what I hear how everyone else plays, maybe mine's just really unorthodox. We all simply adapt to what kind of keyboards we have, and what we're best at. I try to even out the load on my fingers since I'm really not that fast - which is why jumpstream's easy for me, they generally aren't all on 2 or 3 keys. You've AAA'd AIM Anthem which is just ludicrous tapping speed IMO so I guess letting your middle finger tackle two keys is easy for you, haha.
Also, I didn't know that raised the risk of CTS.. Although I haven't heard of any FFR players yet who have gotten it.
And yes, I would always go with whatever scroll speed gives you the best PA.. But that's just me.

Quote:
You are an ultimate humafag. Calling you an ultimate humafag is an understatement. You are a complete loonatic huma****! You should be shot with a bazooka for thinking this.
You've been hanging around the wrong furries, then. Most furries are nice people. ALL humafags are huge jerks. Environmentalists are good people who care about this planet, unlike you, Squeek.
Old 02-8-2009, 05:29 PM   #1544
Card Man
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I am sick of you saying there is no competition Bynary. I am sure all the one-handers including myself are trying to get up there. Having you up there breaking records keeps me from going spread because sometimes one-handing seems to lose its point. No competition....look at all the spread players with avg ranks 100 and below. There is your competition.

Card Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-8-2009, 08:00 PM   #1545
vantilburg
lol internet
FFR Veteran

One question: Do you accept old scores? If so, I have an old Silence 40-1-0-6.
=3

Quote:
Old 02-10-2009, 07:55 PM   #1546
Redorigami
Call me Massive Swallow
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Redorigami Send a message via MSN to Redorigami Send a message via Yahoo to Redorigami

IT HAS COME TO MY ATTENTION I HAVE BEEN FORGOTTEN BY YOU GUYS
Rly guys that hurts ;_;
Quote:
Originally Posted by spreadNv View Post
Got dibs on La Camp.
Oh right, Im not any good.
Got dibs on Pita.
Redorigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:18 PM   #1547
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

lol hehe
Old 02-10-2009, 08:21 PM   #1548
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Bluearrowll Send a message via MSN to Bluearrowll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redorigami View Post
Rly guys that hurts ;_;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth mannn View Post
lol hehe
That's not very nice.
5th in Phynx's Unofficial FFR Tournament
9th in D3 of the 2008-2009 4th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D5 of the 2010 5th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D6 of the 2011-2012 6th Official FFR Tournament

FMO AAA Count: 71
FGO AAA Count: 10

Bluearrowll = The Canadian player who can not detect awkward patterns. If it's awkward for most people, it's normal for Terry. If the file is difficult but super straight forward, he has issues. If he's AAAing a FGO but then heard that his favorite Hockey team was losing by a point, Hockey > FFR
PS: Cool AAA's Terry
- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Bluearrowll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:30 PM   #1549
Card Man
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redorigami View Post
Rly guys that hurts ;_;
Forgotten? Meh. I wouldn't say that. Then again, I barely remember your one-handed days. I was not around then. I remember seeing an old video of you and then talking about you and someone told me you switched to spread and this was before I knew ANYONE else who was a one-hander and I was like....why would someone so good switch? It makes me wonder how long everyone here will be a one-hander. Will everyone switch eventually? Sometimes I feel like I will switch EVENTUALLY. Many times I feel like I will NEVER switch.

EDIT: This was the video I am talking about. I remember seeing the pencils jumping around and I was like....WOW. This is what inspired me when I first started playing one-hand. You are not forgotten Red; you are just missed as a one-hander.
HERE

EDIT: I want all of us to ask ourselves these questions. Why are we one-handers? Will we switch to spread ever? Why do we make things so hard and be one-handers? Think about it guys; I want to know what you guys say. I mostly do it for the challenge but sometimes I question whether it is really worth it. >_< sometimes.... >_<

Last edited by Card Man; 02-10-2009 at 08:49 PM.. Reason: Video. Question for Future.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:33 PM   #1550
vantilburg
lol internet
FFR Veteran

Yeah Redorigami was a one handed beast. Now he's a two handed beast >.>

Quote:
Old 02-10-2009, 08:59 PM   #1551
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

Quote:
Yeah Redorigami was a one handed beast. Now he's a two handed beast >.>
Reminds me of someone I know named EAGAMES. :/

Edit: I play 1 handed cuz I'm too lazy as **** to change to spread. I dun want to invest time, etc...
Old 02-10-2009, 09:05 PM   #1552
vantilburg
lol internet
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zageron View Post
I play 1 handed cuz I'm too lazy as **** to change to spread. I dun want to invest time, etc...
Actually, I've been to the dark side for like a month when my old keyboard broke and I didn't have a decent one for one handed play.. It really only takes like 5-10 days to get back to your original skill, but it really does take the fun out of anything that isn't hand heavy.

Quote:
Old 02-10-2009, 09:15 PM   #1553
Redorigami
Call me Massive Swallow
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Redorigami Send a message via MSN to Redorigami Send a message via Yahoo to Redorigami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zageron View Post
Reminds me of someone I know named EAGAMES. :/

Edit: I play 1 handed cuz I'm too lazy as **** to change to spread. I dun want to invest time, etc...
BACK WHEN EA WAS NUB
I PLAYED HIM IN MP
We played Divinity
Both one handed
I owned him
Good times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spreadNv View Post
Got dibs on La Camp.
Oh right, Im not any good.
Got dibs on Pita.
Redorigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:05 PM   #1554
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Card Man View Post
EDIT: I want all of us to ask ourselves these questions. Why are we one-handers? Will we switch to spread ever? Why do we make things so hard and be one-handers? Think about it guys; I want to know what you guys say. I mostly do it for the challenge but sometimes I question whether it is really worth it. >_< sometimes.... >_<
hmm good question, the main reason im a one hander is because of my keyboard posistion when i first started (it was basically behind me so i could only use one hand) and i got used to it. as i got better i got more accurate. im starting to think its not worth it, i have been practicing spread quite a lot lately. i have already FCd a lvl 8 song spread after only 4 days of playing spread...ive almost caught up to my one handing abilities of half a year, in 4 days, with spread.

i want it to be known, i now play spread AND one handing, one handing (for now) is if i want to get a good score) until i get really good at spread, then i will be permanent spread, only switching to one hand for the fun of it. so if you want to take me off the list, i dont really care. ive made the top 10 on a top player list so that makes me very happy, i have also achieved lvl 7 AAAs one handed, tht is a lot better than most one handers can do, and i am happy to achieve that, but i am not purely one handed anymore.

great knowing you all guys keep in touch lol
Old 02-11-2009, 07:40 PM   #1555
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Bluearrowll Send a message via MSN to Bluearrowll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth mannn View Post
, i have also achieved lvl 7 AAAs one handed, tht is a lot better than most one handers can do, and i am happy to achieve that, but i am not purely one handed anymore.

great knowing you all guys keep in touch lol

Bynary got level 11 AAAs one handed, which is better than a level 7. Meaning you won't live to be the best one hander now that you switch. :P
5th in Phynx's Unofficial FFR Tournament
9th in D3 of the 2008-2009 4th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D5 of the 2010 5th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D6 of the 2011-2012 6th Official FFR Tournament

FMO AAA Count: 71
FGO AAA Count: 10

Bluearrowll = The Canadian player who can not detect awkward patterns. If it's awkward for most people, it's normal for Terry. If the file is difficult but super straight forward, he has issues. If he's AAAing a FGO but then heard that his favorite Hockey team was losing by a point, Hockey > FFR
PS: Cool AAA's Terry
- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Bluearrowll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:46 PM   #1556
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluearrowll View Post
Bynary got level 11 AAAs one handed, which is better than a level 7. Meaning you won't live to be the best one hander now that you switch. :P

lolwut?

im saying i am happy to have achieved what i have achieved, not that i am the best lol. i am happy to have achieved what i have achieved and i am now training spread to get myself as good as i can.

EDIT: tongue twister ftw
Old 02-11-2009, 08:21 PM   #1557
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

Aww, you were getting really good at one hand bolth. :/ Good luck with spread, though. It's a shame that every one hander who switches to spread gives up one hand permanently instead of mastering both.

Also, had an amazing night of SM. I didn't SS a lot of stuff, so here's what I've got.

****ing sick for a -one hander-. I wish my best run had my best of 230 perfects, but no...

Worse PA/MA, better MS.

First pass - finally had the stamina to pass the song, and if I didn't nearly drop from exhaustion throughout the last half of the song and cb rush everything, this run would have been SICK. Great combo, though.

Also got 96.2 million on Genocide, but didn't think it was worth SSing. I'm starting to actually enjoy playing again. I can't wait until I can play FFR again.

~Bynary Fission

https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/tell-us-who-you-are-battle-tower-royale-character-creation-screen
Bynary Fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:24 PM   #1558
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

[quote=Bynary Fission;2979659]Aww, you were getting really good at one hand bolth. :/ Good luck with spread, though. It's a shame that every one hander who switches to spread gives up one hand permanently instead of mastering both.QUOTE]

im not giving up one hand permanently, ill probably do one handing a lot in MP and stuff, i just want to master spread so i can get better. im just learning spread to play songs that i cant as a one hander.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:46 PM   #1559
Card Man
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

QUESTION: With all these guys switching to spread; should I as well? Why and why not? TELL ME PEOPLE!!! LOL I am dieing here Everyone switching....there aren't enough one-handers to keep this any interesting. It is like the whole list is totally inaccurate. Everyone has their own excuse. "I never work on my avg rank" "I am not active" BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!

Last edited by Card Man; 02-11-2009 at 08:55 PM.. Reason: ROFL
Old 02-11-2009, 09:17 PM   #1560
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Card Man View Post
QUESTION: With all these guys switching to spread; should I as well? Why and why not? TELL ME PEOPLE!!! LOL I am dieing here Everyone switching....there aren't enough one-handers to keep this any interesting. It is like the whole list is totally inaccurate. Everyone has their own excuse. "I never work on my avg rank" "I am not active" BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!

hmm its hard to say, im guessing you enjoy one handing, but you gotta look at the bigger picture, eventually you'll get to a stage where you cant get any better, in this case you will either switch to spread or quit. if you switch to spread NOW you will get to be as best as you can possibly be a LOT faster.

just cause you switch to spread doesnt mean you CANT play one handed, im just opening up my possibilities so i can play as good as i can possibly play. ultimately its up to you, but if i were you, id switch. you can STILL enjoy playing one handed even if your main style is spread. irionman is a good example, he only plays spread when he has to. but he still does it. you should too.