Old 08-25-2012, 06:01 PM   #2621
ice_lazer3
ICE ICE BABY
FFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR's Top One Handers

Holy cow nice AAA! And yeah you need 380 total AAAs for a tier point, which is quite a lot (I'm 30 short sighhhh). But I think there have been plans to redo the whole tier point system, but I don't know when that's being implemented.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #2622
Bobogoobo
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Oh, I'm pretty far off from that then. Oh yeah, that tier point restructure has been in progress for so long that I completely forgot about it. Will be fun if/when it comes out.

Edit: FFFFFFUUUUUUUUU

Balanced by new AAAs on Skellybones and Lesson, so far. Hooray \o/
Blackflagged Get Ready 2 Rokk right at the end for like the fifth time, agh. Oh well, at least it's a fun song. Same with Build God, Then We'll Talk, but that good wasn't even justifiable >_>

Edit: well this is weird...apparently I got a 2-0-0-0 on Water Like Pudding earlier today, and yet I don't remember playing it before at all, and I've only been playing for about an hour so it's not like it would get lost in the mess of memories. I just got a 4-0-0-0 and I thought that was pretty good. Wish I could see all my recent plays more easily so I figure out whether I've lost my mind or the site is messed up somehow :S Actually, now that I think about it, I'm pretty I've lost my mind. Oh well.

Best AAAs: Enchanting Venus [50], Yukitsuki-yashou [49], Faces [47], Lunar Eclipse [47], Pulling Through [46], Pinkie's Castle (<3) [41].

Two-handed alt = Viisbyxa.

Last edited by Bobogoobo; 08-26-2012 at 12:27 AM..
Bobogoobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:25 AM   #2623
Frans813
Valkyrion
FFR Veteran

Does anyone know if/when there is gonna be a new list of AAA'ers or a new threat perhaps? (for legacy reasons ) since some have quit and some new ones have rissen, anyone think that's a good idea or is it already being worked on?
Frans813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:41 PM   #2624
Bobogoobo
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I don't think it's in progress. Bynary hasn't posted in a while. There isn't really enough interest.

Best AAAs: Enchanting Venus [50], Yukitsuki-yashou [49], Faces [47], Lunar Eclipse [47], Pulling Through [46], Pinkie's Castle (<3) [41].

Old 08-30-2012, 12:22 AM   #2625
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

I haven't dropped off of the face of the Earth, don't worry. But it does seem like there is less interest than in the past, such as me seeing as how I'm taking a break for the time being. For the most part it seems like it's just you two posting scores at least semi-regularly (which warms my heart greatly). But as I've always said, if more people show up then you better bet I'll start up updates again.

https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/battle-tower-royale-title-theme
Bynary Fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:13 AM   #2626
Frans813
Valkyrion
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynary Fission View Post
I haven't dropped off of the face of the Earth, don't worry. But it does seem like there is less interest than in the past, such as me seeing as how I'm taking a break for the time being. For the most part it seems like it's just you two posting scores at least semi-regularly (which warms my heart greatly). But as I've always said, if more people show up then you better bet I'll start up updates again.
Hmm maybe get some OH Awareness on the boards, hmm might try to think of something during school.
TTYL
Old 08-30-2012, 03:04 AM   #2627
SapphireYoshi
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to SapphireYoshi

I prefer playing ffr one handed, I cant see how anyone can play spread well.
SapphireYoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:29 AM   #2628
Frans813
Valkyrion
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireYoshi View Post
I can see how people manage to play spread it's basically just a different playstyle and you just need to addapt to it.
It's the same as learning a new dance, you have to get used to the movement and concentrate on the timing.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #2629
Guest15937
One-handed elite
FFR Veteran

Finally made it!
Old 08-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #2630
Pseudo Enigma
ごめんなさい (/ω\)
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireYoshi View Post
Why not both?

Has anyone tried One Hand Spread and gotten far with it? I'm going to start playing with it more once my hands heal..
Pseudo Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #2631
Bobogoobo
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Congrats, Guest!

Comparing our stats is interesting. I have 3.25 times the average points per game, but you have a better AAA:FC ratio at 0.470 compared to my 0.408.

One hand spread? Sounds difficult, since the first two fingers are a lot stronger and easier to control than are the last two.

I haven't played in several days since I've been settling into college and stuff, and today I derped and hurt my hand so it might be another couple days if it still hurts. I hope I don't get too terrible :P

Last edited by Bobogoobo; 08-30-2012 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: edit
Old 08-31-2012, 02:25 AM   #2632
Frans813
Valkyrion
FFR Veteran

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...photos/361086/
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...photos/361087/
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...photos/361088/

Played these on the way to school on the bus ^.^ pretty fun though might be able to improve a bit more...
Hmm might go for difficulty 5 soon I gues
Old 09-1-2012, 12:50 PM   #2633
Guest15937
One-handed elite
FFR Veteran

I don't care how many misses I got. This score is still awesome...for me.

Edit:

Oh wow...I didn't know I was capable of this.

Last edited by Guest15937; 09-1-2012 at 01:00 PM..
Guest15937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-3-2012, 07:59 PM   #2634
Bobogoobo
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest15937 View Post
Edit:

Oh wow...I didn't know I was capable of this.
Nice one! I only managed 10 clean. That song is fun.

I haven't played in a week because of starting college, but I'm doing well on my return so far. Finally AAAd Flutter, improved We Will Fly to 4g (coming for you ice :P).

Also, how well can you guys do on False Strawberry? I have a lot of trouble with the rhythms/patterns, though at least on mirror I can usually get it without boos.

Last edited by Bobogoobo; 09-3-2012 at 08:03 PM..
Old 09-9-2012, 12:12 AM   #2635
Bobogoobo
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Bleh, finally new songs and it's an annoying 4 (thank goodness I sightread AAAd that, hate those white arrows) and a bunch of 60s. And then there's this, which who knows if I'll ever be able to match it:

^.^

Edit: just watched the replay and lol. By the end of every play session I'm always too tired even to FC Pinkie's Castle, so it's quite a contrast. I didn't realize that all the goods were in one little area around 75% in, in two sets.

Last edited by Bobogoobo; 09-9-2012 at 01:07 AM..
Old 09-11-2012, 01:20 AM   #2636
SapphireYoshi
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Enigma View Post
Why not both?

Has anyone tried One Hand Spread and gotten far with it? I'm going to start playing with it more once my hands heal..
Sorry i did not see this for a bit, but I just have tried spread for a few games, just to see what it is like, and I just cannot do it. I like using one hand because then I get a much better feel which key is which when I play. And I personally see it more fun in general to play with. Especially when it comes to streams and staircases
Old 09-13-2012, 11:31 PM   #2637
Bobogoobo
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

This is either my first average-flag or one of very few. There aren't any others currently on my levelranks. Interesting. It was on one of the rolls, lol. Usually I can do those pretty well, but I was nervous (since this is for a tourney). Not sure if the song would be easier overall on mirror to get those rolls, but at that speed they aren't too bad anyway.

EDIT: FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU (any more Us and it breaks it into a separate word :P)

2678/2717 combo.
Well, at least now I have enough stamina that I did it without mashing (though my fingers were numbing for the last set of trills, which is where the miss came in). Also, first score over 4mil. That's pretty awesome. It's been a while since the last time, but I guess I'll have to play it again soon...

Today has been awesome. One more: how well can you guys do on Hybrid? It's really fun for me, I've been trying to BF it and I really should be able to. Maybe soon. For now, 3g-->2g. Somehow, on my last play of the day when I should be dead tired.

EDIT2: yay. That was fun except the trills I had to mash >.>

Last edited by Bobogoobo; 09-15-2012 at 07:40 PM..
Old 09-15-2012, 08:24 PM   #2638
Bobogoobo
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Don't feel like editing my post again...I guess I post too much. Anyway, this is probably the worst ending-stretch score screwup I've ever had. I had a blackflag (which was silly, it was on the fifth note and I could have fixed it) until around note 850, and ended with this. Horror stories...and I don't think I can even do any better. Might try again just for fun and to get a replay with a AAA up until that part.

Edit: haha holy ****. It could've been an SDG, a few of the goods were from the one bit that has 121 minitrills with jumps and I was doing them too fast.

My previous best was 37-2-1-1 (1078 combo)...I'm guessing a lot of goods in that were from the part that was like Coactive but worse. Did really well on that this time somehow.

Last edited by Bobogoobo; 09-16-2012 at 10:51 PM..
Old 09-18-2012, 09:05 AM   #2639
SapphireYoshi
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I feel like a total noob compared to most people on here, my best fc is a 35 and best AAA is a 9.... yeah... i fail...
Old 09-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #2640
Bobogoobo
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Just keep practicing it takes a while to build up skill, and it's kind of like an asymptote, increases less the better you get.