Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-8-2020, 06:36 PM   #301
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

I'd like to point out that Chief has wolf leans but no town leans in the reads list. Everyone not a wolf lean is either solid town or null. Just something to ponder what what
Old 03-8-2020, 06:44 PM   #302
TWG Dora
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Chief View Post
Your response I assume is coming?
Don't really feel like it needs one. My posts having no value is just, like, your opinion man.

And I think Ive done a good enough job explaining why I'm voting for who I'm voting for.
Old 03-8-2020, 06:47 PM   #303
TWG Dora
FFR Player

Reads lists d0 are jokes, your push on me was decent I guess.

What I'm really interested in seeing is if you park your vote on me for the rest of the day and do nothing else to look at other people.
Old 03-8-2020, 06:59 PM   #304
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Apollo View Post
Guys do you hear this? This is interesting
Hmm, I think it's quite *odd* that Apollo here is so aggressively insistent on getting this acquisitioner read pushed on Agent S. It's just very annoying and weak, considering it came from nowhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Julian View Post
friends, i find it quite odd that Agent S has yet to address the rumors Apollo is spreading about him! doesn't everyone love getting attention? how could you avoid the spotlight like that? unthinkable, and frankly disrespectful to all of us who try so hard to be in the limelight!
I don't agree with that, mrmpht. The read from Apollo was a full-on gutread, and probably has no clout. I don't see it as very odd for Agent S to not respond, friend. It's some weak bait, methinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dora View Post
Acquisitioner will probably go after the least active people to ease the difficulty of maintaining a fake persona so be active and towny and youll be fine.
Yes, but now you've invoked WIFOM with the acquisitioner's choice. I hope you're happy with pointing out this strategy, mrmpht.

Quote:
Everyone voting an inactive here is just outright lazy and looking for an easy town read. Disgusting.
Chief, you seem not to like a lot of things. Are you alright? Want a bowl of ramen, on me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Del View Post
don't evict me, I quite like my home in this quaint little community. thanks! I'll be back later hoping there's anything relevant by then.
I don't like how Del claims there's nothing relevant in the thread. It really shows that they're not really putting too much effort checking the rest of the thread, as there was plenty of relevant discussion beforehand, mrmpht.

Quote:
this is true...

well, if it's just us, my dear neighbor, let me ask you what your take on apollo pushing the acquisitioner read on you is. where'd he get it from? why's he repeatedly calling attention to it?
It looks like you changed your mind a bit, friend. Why did you change your tone here? Just because you were talking directly to Agent S?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Flurry View Post
The main idea is that lynching inactives help wolves in this specific setup because they just need to post like 2 times or more to be fine.
It's also making the acquisitioner's life harder by reducing their pool of targets.

So, I was wondering if being pro inactive would go against the wolf agenda and motivate them to defend the stance that inactives must be gone.

I'm curious about how others approach this.
I have no idea what the heck this post is trying to say. Can you try again, except not sound like you've just got off of a really fast merry-go-round?

Quote:
Im going to have to ummmmmm HARD DISAGREE with ya there.

It doesn't feel good but it absolutely has to be done. Its a poisoned slot that gets worse thre farther the game goes. D0 is really thre only good time to kill inactives because its not like we have other solid leads.

But our goddess Isabelle is going to smite them so its moot.

What isn't moot is defending inactivity.

Im not cherry but what what?
Yes, mrmpht. I think lynching inactives is a good idea. Since we should be focusing on wolves d0, lynching inactives seems to be the best way to do that on FFR currently if you want to look away from voting for someone you think is suspicious for a post they made. Trying to find the acquisitioner right now is like trying to find a coelacanth when it's not raining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Agent S View Post
Appreciate someone picking up on that.

My hot take is that we are living in the best timeline when Flurry/Dora/Julian are all town. But, it's not the biggest thing to think about right now with so many people below minimum post requirement, and being less than 8 hours out from the first possible eviction.
But why do you like Dora? I can see why you like Flurry and Julian from your posting history, but I'm missing your read on Dora here. Also, it seems like you're ignoring Julian's direct question of you about the acquisitioner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Phil View Post
Iso'd chief to make sure my feelings were remembered correctly
He can die
0 progress in reads that I can really follow, the one thing that got the closest was him telling someone they can hang (which I think doesnt mean hang from a noose)

Also made fun of me for voting the person who talk woke this but also said they want to see them off the island
Hey, you're stealing thoughts right out of my head! Does that mean we should be closer friends? I can ask the mayor to move my tent closer to yours. Then we could share some food, mrmpht. Dreams of sushi...

Quote:
Sure, but do any of those play into right now? I think not. It makes it irrelevant. The setting up of gimmicks and posting styles is enough in regards to the Aquisitioner. Pointing them out, or tunneling people for them is unproductive. Lynching an inactive puts us at an information deficit. We net negative both of these paths. You can agree to that much, yes?
I think you're overestimating the impact people discussing gimmicks has on the acquisitioner. If they're a smart player, they'll do whatever they can to jump into a slot they think is easy to emulate. I think you're being a bit too nervous about this acquisitioner. Is someone worried about being acquired, mrmpht??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Apollo View Post
D0 read list? Must be a wolf chief
Apollo, you look dirty here! You didn't really look at anything else in the thread and are just jumping straight onto voting for Chief. Seems opportunistic, I would say. Did Agent S slip your mind?
Old 03-8-2020, 07:04 PM   #305
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

Oh, goodness, that was quite the big speech! I think I'm gonna grab a bite to eat before returning to the meeting. I hope people read through that post, mrmpht. If not, I'll be upset!

Apollo, let's chat when I'm back!
Old 03-8-2020, 07:11 PM   #306
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

Did I scare everyone off, mrmpht?
Old 03-8-2020, 07:13 PM   #307
TWG Boomer
FFR Player

apparently
Old 03-8-2020, 07:20 PM   #308
TWG Rolf
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Punchy View Post
I think you're overestimating the impact people discussing gimmicks has on the acquisitioner. If they're a smart player, they'll do whatever they can to jump into a slot they think is easy to emulate. I think you're being a bit too nervous about this acquisitioner. Is someone worried about being acquired, mrmpht??

Apollo, you look dirty here! You didn't really look at anything else in the thread and are just jumping straight onto voting for Chief. Seems opportunistic, I would say. Did Agent S slip your mind?
Taking by the bolded portion that you're suspicious of Chief? But then obviously suspicious of Apollo from your vote, so would you believe Apollo's vote is sort of distancing?
Old 03-8-2020, 07:24 PM   #309
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
I have no idea what the heck this post is trying to say. Can you try again, except not sound like you've just got off of a really fast merry-go-round?
We currently have 12 players with less than 15 posts out of 20 players.

This mean that inactives had a much larger pool than there are wolves/acq combined.

At the time I posted what you quoted, it looked even more discouraging.

My point is that you could gun down inactives and just kill townies over and over losing the game before even reaching an acceptable outcome.

I think the ideal way to play this game is to make a giant town circle and lynch everything that's outside of it.

It's a bit sad, but we have to wait things out to artificially help us filter which inactive to vote.

That's part of my conflict toward inactives.
Old 03-8-2020, 07:31 PM   #310
TWG Mathilda
FFR Player

Ugh, too many pages to read
Old 03-8-2020, 07:31 PM   #311
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Agent S View Post
Appreciate someone picking up on that.

My hot take is that we are living in the best timeline when Flurry/Dora/Julian are all town. But, it's not the biggest thing to think about right now with so many people below minimum post requirement, and being less than 8 hours out from the first possible eviction.
But why do you like Dora? I can see why you like Flurry and Julian from your posting history, but I'm missing your read on Dora here. Also, it seems like you're ignoring Julian's direct question of you about the acquisitioner.
In my opinion, there was a lot of mindmelding between the three across pages 11 and 12 of the thread that kickstarted a lot of premature thinking and thought processing of what's been thrown down in the thread, and I really liked that. It's moving the town forward in a positive direction for a d0.

Acq was a 10/10 quality joke toss. Don't have really much to contribute on that discussion other than I do have a posting gimmick in-case of acq, and they most likely won't figure it out, sidekick.
Old 03-8-2020, 07:32 PM   #312
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

three pages = 11 - 13 m'bad.
Old 03-8-2020, 07:35 PM   #313
TWG Dora
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mathilda View Post
Ugh, too many pages to read
How nice of you to join us.

Interested in hearing some quality thoughts in the next 3 posts
Old 03-8-2020, 07:35 PM   #314
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
i'd bet my horn that molly is a wolf!

check out this post history (pretty much every other post is irrelevant horsing around). aside from the post about apollo, none of this seems like it's coming from a townie mindset. answering for tank is wolfy, and posts like the last one are sooooooo commentary mode. in fact, their whole tone seems almost robotic, or at least overly formal. even the townie stuff (asking questions and following up when someone doesn't answer, making your vote match your convictions) is surface level and awkward. there's nothing genuine behind it. this is someone who knows what others look for when they try to townread someone and is following that "code of conduct." their endgoal isn't solving the game: it's to look townie.
I cannot help, but read this as if this is Julian's game plan rather than what he's seeing into Molly.
I have trouble to see a town player stop themselves from answering for someone else as wolfy.
Non committal commentary posts are common in D0 because players don't know exactly what to do.
I can understand what you're trying to say with the tone, but I feel like it could be wrong.
Players following their own convictions and try to play safe in D0 is very common as well.
If anything, I feel like I'm struggling more with your intentions than anything else.
Quote:
i'm glad my case is resonating with people and the pressure is being put on molly, but let's be careful not to get tunnel vision either! it's just a hunch at this point!
I understand that there's a chance you could be wrong, but I thought you'd be more enthusiastic about your own post.

It's like I don't understand your progression rather than if it looks good or not.
Old 03-8-2020, 07:39 PM   #315
TWG Mathilda
FFR Player

Quote:
How nice of you to join us.

Interested in hearing some quality thoughts in the next 3 posts
Unlikely, d0 rarely comes with quality thoughts
Old 03-8-2020, 07:42 PM   #316
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
Unlikely, d0 rarely comes with quality thoughts
Do you think you could help us read you by looking into anything that attracts your attention ?
Old 03-8-2020, 07:43 PM   #317
TWG Mathilda
FFR Player

Quote:
Do you think you could help us read you by looking into anything that attracts your attention ?
Majority of what's been posted is people playing into their characters. I'm more interested in what's to come in the next few hours as people start to get more serious.
Old 03-8-2020, 07:45 PM   #318
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
Majority of what's been posted is people playing into their characters. I'm more interested in what's to come in the next few hours as people start to get more serious.
You've read everything already ?
Old 03-8-2020, 07:45 PM   #319
TWG Mathilda
FFR Player

Quote:
I took some time, mostly to reread the game.
01) Agent S NULL
02) Apollo TOWN
03) Boomer TOWN
04) Cherry NULL
05) Chief TOWN
06) Del NULL
07) Dora W LEAN
08) Dotty NULL
09) Fauna NULL
10) Flurry TOWN
11) Julian W LEAN
12) Maple NULL
13) Mathilda NULL
14) Melba NULL
15) Molly NULL
16) Phil TOWN
17) Punchy TOWN
18) Rolf NULL
19) Tank TOWN
20) Zucker NULL
Would equally like to point out this particular post.
This is garbage though "I took time to re-read the game and make some bs list but then didn't say why I felt any of these things"
Old 03-8-2020, 07:46 PM   #320
TWG Mathilda
FFR Player

Quote:
You've read everything already ?
Skimmed
Closed Thread