Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-9-2009, 10:04 PM   #1
i love you
Live a wonderful life~
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Rebound Vibrajacking Pack III Submissions!

Rebound Vibrajacking Pack III Submissions are here!

The second pack actually got some decent reviews but still wasn't as good as I planned it to be so now, i am going to be an asshole in this pack to make sure all files are at least fun to play.

Before you submit to this pack, remember one thing: Do not submit a file if the simfile is off-sync, boring, repetitive as hell, unpassable, or has any note syndromes. It will be auto-rejected on the spot, no questions asked.

Send all files to Reboundpacks@gmail.com

Judges:
Rebound
DossarLX
Bluearrowll
Gundam-Dude

To view my notes, click here!

To view Bluearrowll's notes, click here!

To view DossarLX ODI's notes, click here!

To view Gundam-Dude's notes, click here!

Here are the basic guidelines for this pack:

1) You must have single (4 panel) charts only with a difficulty minimum of 10.

2) Make sure your files are on sync, passable, not too repetitive and has no note syndromes.

3) You can step any genre songs you want but keep in mind that it has to make sense with the file you're trying to step. For example, don't step a 200 bpm pop file with constant 64th notes when it could be less complex with 16th notes.

4) If you're going to step a wrist jacking file, do not overuse the long jacks or make it like Jackhammer madness or Divorce. The bpm range i want for jacks 4 notes or longer is between 120-180 bpm and the range I want for mini jacks is between 150-250 bpm. I will not mind if it goes slightly pass the range but I will keep more of an eye on it.

5) No modified holds. An example would be in Stepmania 3.95 or 4.0, which can also be called by "rolls." 64th Roll walls like those in One Minutes Edit are acceptable, but modified hold "rolls" are not acceptable as they can crash earlier versions of Stepmania like 3.9.

6) Please try to send a cd-title since we're most likely not going to make a decent one for you. We can also make the graphics like the banner and background, but it will be much more convenient if you can provide them with your stepfile.

7) The file has to be somewhat fun to play. Jackhammer Madness is an example of a boring song and will not be accepted anymore. The best combination for a stepfile in this pack would be something like a stream that leads into jacks or applying some jack theory.

8) No unnecessary mines! If I see any simfile with horrible mines placements that does not make any sense at all, the file will either be auto-rejected or we will get rid of all of your mines. A small amount of mines on certain parts that makes sense are perfectly fine.

9) Please put your "EDIT" files to beginner before you submit please.

10) Before you submit your file, make sure the folder name looks exactly like this:

"Songs name" [Your SM name]

Example: "One minutes [Rebound]" not "[Rebound] One minutes"

Here's a Screenshot if you're confused:

*Try uploading the files to megaupload or some file hosting site where we can test the file. However, do not use rapidshare since the file can only be downloaded ten times there and then after that it can't be downloaded anymore.

*You can send the files via PM or on AIM. (I Prefer PM) My aim is ReboundsanX, and Dossar's is reborndossar.

*Do NOT post your simfile links on this thread. PM it to me instead. It can be a released simfile that I haven't taken notice of, but try to make new files as old files tend to be more "casual" if you know what I mean.

Submitted files: (57 Files)
Adcar (Samurai7694)
Be Alive (IcyWorld)
Binedump (Oubliette)
Hell Girl (Spitfire)
In the Hall of the Mountain King (Samurai7694)
Lady Gaga Electrocuted During a Show (Samurai7694)
Lie (WTFBrandon)
NFD's OP (Dossar)
Sajtban (Moonlight X)
St.Kickyourlegsintheairhand (Spitfire)
Star Wars (Patashu)
Tageri (Moonlight X)
The Storm (0)
What is Love (Bluearrowll)
888 v2 (Samurai7694)
Bad Apple !! (Yesssssss)
Ballad of Black Mesa (T-Rogdor)
Chicks with Dicks (IcyWorld)
CrunkStream (Bluearrowll)
Eradication (Dossar)
For Sean (Alexdestructions)
Fuck DJ (._Spitfire_.)
Girl Boy Song (Moonlight X)
Hardcore Juggernaut! (Customstuff)
Haya Nagila (Samurai7694)
Horatio (Extremex)
Impromptu No. 4 (Bluearrowll)
Licky (Rin-Dude)
MrRubix's OP (Samurai7694)
Now & Forever (Bluearrowll)
Oh Lawd Your Wife Got Hit By An Ice Cream Truck (T-Rogdor)
Slap Chop Rap (Samurai7694)
Trisection vGTFO (Cyrenics)
Suggestion Diabolique (HighAndr0id)
Legend of the Moon (Bluearrowll)
Mortal Kombat (T-Rogdor)
Tetris BreakBeat v2 (T-Rogdor)
Crazy Loop (T-Rogdor)
Beat It (HaloODST)
BOOZEHOUND (Gundam-Dude)
The Dark Blowhole (Gundam-Dude)
Turtle Eggs and Mumblety Pegs (IcyWorld)
Nemetron (Masuat)
Flyswatter's OP (Dossar)
Nibiiro (Haru-ko)
Tocatta Op. 11 (Bluearrowll)
Pure Hatred (Dossar)
Open Your Mind (Gundam-Dude)
Smooooch (SKG_Scintill)
You Spin Me Right Round (Bluearrowll)
NaiNai 69 (samurai7694)
Nemo (Bluearrowll and MinaciousGrace)
Ice Cap Zone Act 1 (SKG_Scintill)
Blood is Pumpin -Speedy Mix- (L0NEvvolf)
Fareast Hardstylerz (T-Rodgor)
BlythE (Haru-ko)

Accepted Wrist Jacking files:
1. Hell Girl (_.Spitfire._)
2. Star Wars (Patashu)
3. Bad Apple !! (Yesssss)
4. Licky (Rin-Dude)
5. World Fabrication (Yesssss)
6. Dark Blowhole (Gundam-Dude)
7. Suggestion Diabolique (HighAndr0id)
8. For Sean (Alexdestructions)
9. Nibiiro (Haru-ko)
10. St.Kickyourlegsintheairhand (_.Spitfire._)
11. You Spin Me Right Round (Bluearrowll)
12. Ballad Of Black Mesa (T-Rogdor)
13. What is Love (Bluearrowll)
14. Tocatta Op. 11 (Bluearrowll)
15. Boozehound (Gundam-Dude)
16. Nemetron (Masuat)

Accepted Vibrating files:
1. Binedump (Oubliette)
2. Legend of the Moon (Bluearrrowll)
3. Impromptu No. 4 (Bluearrowll)
4. Fuck DJ (_.Spitfire._)
5. Fareast Hardstylerz (T-Rogdor)
6. Open Your Trills (Gundam-Dude)
7. Blythe (Haru-ko)
8. ?????????? (Rebound)

BOSS File:
CrunkStream (Bluearrowll)

All Rejected Files: (23 Files)
888 v2 (Samurai7694)
Adcar (Samurai7694)
Ballad of Black Mesa (T-Rogdor)
Be Alive (IcyWorld)
Beat It (Master Chief)
Chicks with Dicks (IcyWorld)
Crazy Loop (T-Rogdor)
Eradication (Dossar)
Girl Boy Song (Moonlight X)
Horatio (Extremex)
I Hate Doing Laundry (T-Rogdor)
Lady Gaga Electrocuted During a Show (Samurai7694)
Left 4 Dead Theme Song (samurai7694)
Lie (WTFBrandon)
Narcicism's OP (T-Rogdor)
Tageri (Moonlight X)
Tetris Breakbeat (T-Rogdor)
The Storm (0)
Trisection vGTFO (Cyrenics)

There is NO limit how many simfiles you submit. You can submit as many as you please! ^_^

Deadline: When we get 16 wrist jacking files, 8 vibrating files, and one boss file!

Submissions are officially CLOSED!

Last edited by i love you; 10-26-2009 at 08:26 PM..
i love you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-9-2009, 10:05 PM   #2
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Bluearrowll Send a message via MSN to Bluearrowll
Default Re: Rebound Vibrajacking Pack III Submissions!

And btw I ain't taking garbage files into this.

This post is reserved for notes, btw.

Current note reviews;

7 No Weight - 19 accept - 9 conditional accept - 36 reject / 70 files

Notes:

888 v2 (Samurai7694) - Considering I stepped v1, I won't weigh in my review to stop bias. Though you based your steps off mine lmao; ps: Why would you color the end; it was already on sync ?_?
No Weight.

Adcar (Samurai7694) - This actually looks like something you'd find in a midare pack, except it's not fun. There were alot of the places that were overlayered. (24ths with 32nds to a laser? sound in the background would probably be better off as just a 48th or maybe 64th burst to make it less awkward). Those 192nd freezes at the end; are they really necessary? Very miniscule problem but.. really? lol. The couple long freezes before that were not PR.
There are other PR issues found in this, but the main issue I have with this song is that it is not fun. Try to fix it up a bit so that it flows better and just overall feels fun while still being PR, and i'll accept; but for now, Rejected.

Bad Apple !! (Yesssssss) - Nothing bad about this file, really fun too. Probably one of the better files that will be in this pack. Strongly Accepted.

Ballad of Black Mesa (T-Rogdor) - Gets really boring after awhile, needs a cut. LOTS of unnecessary freezes; the only ones in the beginning that should be there are the minifreezes at the hand due to a crash and the first loong freeze a way in. Take all the others out rofl. Its the type of song that gets really boring. And thats not what this pack wants. Rejected.

Ballad of Black Mesa (Resubmit) (T-Rogdor) - It's acceptable now. Wow i'm accepting a T-Rogdor file what the hell. Accepted.

Ballad of Black Mesa (Re-ReSubmit) (T-Rogdor) - Had no problems with the other one so accept.

Be Alive (IcyWorld) - For a dump file its ok, but theres a couple REALLLLLY dumb parts in it. The ending is NOT a 64th wall. Take those 48th trills out. 32nds and 48ths to 16th what-should-be minijacks is lol. And that 16th quadjack near the beginning is totally unnecessary even if this is a dump. Lots of PR issues in your easy parts. Also, congrats on making the easiest 48th stream in stepman existence. Cool mine usage, but the above ruin this song. Rejected.

Beat it (Master Chief) - Aw come on I had high hopes for this, this is a good song man. Bad freeze usage and PR is what killed this one. The solo is really overstepped too. This can make an adequate jacking file without dumping it up. PS: The solo isn't hard, I shouldn't sightread FC the song. Rejected.
Edit: Did you resubmit this? If you did, you sent the same file.

Binedump (Oubliette) - File had many problems with the 64ths bursts.
For example, in m28 you have a 64th roll that has 2 sounds. The higher pitched sound dies out on the 8th note, while the second sound continues to the 4th jump. You can fix this by either changing the roll (4321 to 4312) or put a freeze arrow for the 2nd sound.
M34 last 8th jump should be part of the freeze arrow before it. You made the same mistake in the 2nd 4th jump in m35.
M77-mid78 should only have 3 jumps going to the percussion with it. You do what im talking about around m85ish but the freezes in this section could be replaced by another note (For example; a jump becomes a hand etc.)
M116 should really be your last measure. Cut it after that 64th roll in M116, the rest of the file makes it too long and boring.
Rejected for now.

Binedump (Cut) (Resubmit) (Oubliette) - Okay, I don't know how this happened between here and the origional but perhaps when you cut the song you messed with the offsync? The entire thing is offsync by about a 16th. You can fix that by changing to offset to ~ -1.150. That should be good. Fix that and this should be an enjoyable vibrating file. Conditional Accept that you fix this.

Blood is Pumpin' (Speedy Mix) (L0nevvolf) - The preview sounded fun, but the actual simfile wasn't. There's alot of extra notes; example is m12, and anywhere that repeats (and that's alot of repeats). M30, what are those freezes following? Those freezes aren't a good idea to have at that part anyway becuase it clutters up the file. M35/36 - bad freeze usage, leaves no space for the minijacks. You could layer in jumps to the beat of the minijacks to make it harder, this song has potential but the steps are pretty bad. Rejected.

Blythe (Haru-Ko) - You're inconsistent with the use of the buzzing noise; The first buzzing noise is stepped but the rest are freezes; the end should end in a roll like you did with the first buzz noise; I did not like the freeze usage and jump usage was hard to follow throughout the song. Rejected.

Blythe v2 (Haru-ko) - much better. Accepted.

Boozehound (Gundam-Dude) - It's no blowhole but I still find it enjoyable. Excessive use of freezes but it doesn't deter from the file imo. Seems like an alright minijacky file. Accepted.

Chicks with Dicks (IcyWorld) - No. Never again. Offsync, patterns are not accurate, and the song itself isn't even enjoyable. Just, no. Rejected.

Crazy Loop (T-Rogdor) - Unfun dump. That's really all this is. Nothing more to say. Rejected.

CrunkStream (Bluearrowll) - Own File.

Eradication (Dossar) - I like how you cut the song, but there are alot of inconsistencies to it. For example, m6's drum blast is inconsistent with m9s, and this repeats throughout the song. M28 is offsync. It's really just a 16th jumptrill and im not sure you want to keep it as a jumptrill. M38 - M46 make the effort to layer this, cause it really shouldn't just be a 12th guitar. There's so much going on at this part that you have to do this. First jump of m47, freeze in 47 missed a grace note. Around the last 8th of m52 you missed alot of notes, same with the end of m53. M53-M54 you stop layering the main guitar; put that back in there. M60 if you wanna be consistent iwth the rest of the jacks put these are 12 jump jacks or 34 jumpjacks doesn't really matter. Too many things wrong with this. Rejected.

Fareast Hardstylerz (T-Rogdor) - I saw the preview and was like "oh god, BZZ BZZ BZZ BZZ BZZ BZZZZZZZZ" then I looked at the simfile and saw negative tricks, and was like "K this won't be AA'able". On a serious note though, m85 - m96 is empty, and really boring! You should probably make a cut so that this part is taken out, along with up to m100 probably. the ending is lol. The only thing stopping me from rejecting this hands down is that you used xmod tricks and I kinda like the dumpy ending. The main problem with this file is song choice, i'm unsure what I want to do with it. I'll wait 'till I hear from other judges and see what they say, for now, No Weight.

Fareast Hardstylerz v2 (T-Rogdor) - This new version is better; not as boring. Couple minor things in it but that's no problem. We also need vibrating files haha. Accepted.

Flyswatter's OP (Dossar) - Boring and too short; waste of a space in the Vibrajacking III slots. Rejected.

For Sean (Alexdestructions) - This was a tough one, its not that jacky, minus the 8th jacks at the end; however I had a file like this in Vibra II (Beat it). It's really fun to play and I love the beginning, the freezes at the beginning don't bother me too much. If I had to reject this it would be because it was not jacky enough, but this file is really fun, so who cares. I'd replay it. Accepted.

For Sean v3 (Alexdestructions) - I accepted v1 so this is just for the pass. Accepted.

For Sean v83294325225935023905923890238903 (Alexdestructions) - Accepted.

For Sean v∞ (Alexdestructions) - You've submitted this more times than I have files in this pack. Accepted.

**** DJ (._Spitfire_.) - You are a very very cruel man. But well it's a good vibratin' file. Accepted.

Girl Boy Song (Moonlight X) - Too many unnecessary freezes, especially in the beginning, though it persists throughout the song. It's also quite underlayered, you have simple 16th stream when you could have js with bursts in it. The layering you have right now is inconsistent; really hard to follow what you are doing. The 4th jumps in around m65 are not PR at all. The same sound is in m67 but you don't have a jump there (this is what I mean by inconsistent) Bottom of m72, that is not 16ths. Slow the music down. M91, the first blue note is a 64th. Look for technical things like this if you want me to think about accepting this. Rejected.

Hardcore Juggernaut! (Customstuff) - This song breaks 2 things that i'm really against. Freeze abuse and boring. It's just the same thing over and over, there's nothing exciting. and also you have hundreds and hundreds of freezes to the talking. You could technically quad mash the entire song without looking and pass due to the amount of freezes in this. No replay value at all either. yeah, This isn't getting in the pack i'll tell you that. Rejected.

Haya Nagila (Samurai7694) - So hardstyle songs like this generally make boring and long songs. This one is no exception. Although there is not much wrong in this file, theres unneccessary freezes in the beginning. It's also really boring, and generic. I'm rejecting this because it's not fun at all. It's also pretty damn long. Rejected.

Hell Girl (Spitfire) - I loved the minifreeze usage in this; only problem I have with it is the talking at the end - is it really necessary? Other than that, a good file. Accepted.

Horatio (Extremex) - Seemed really plain. I would have liked you to layer the entire jack sections, instead you choose only to layer the breaks in between; making the file inconsistent. Also those break sections are not very PR. 121 patterns should be 123 etc. Unless stepped 100% right, a file like this would be really boring. And even then it'd only be Misiriou v2 or whatever. Rejected.

I Hate Doing Laundry (T-Rogdor) - Terrible song choice and terrible steps to match it, lots of things wrong with it and ontop of that it's too short to be any fun even if it was fully stepped lmao. No. Rejected.

Ice Cap Zone (SKG_Scintill) - This one has alot of copy / paste, and you have alot of extra notes because of it; M22, that 16th note below the (12) jump does not exist, and since it was copy pasted this repeats several times. Although it was probably good to cut the song, you cut out a really good minijacky portion of it. This version is really boring, unfortuneately and this pack is looking for good, fun files. Rejected.

Impromptu No. 4 (Bluearrowll) - Own File.

In the Hall of the Mountain King (Samurai7694) - This song has got potential, the green beginning was creative, but it also makes things slightly offsync in this case. The beginning is also not PR.
Fix the PR in the beginning, you should be jacking up the jumps; not making (12)(34)(12) patterns and such like in m8.
Up to m11 is offsync! At times you're off by as much as a 32nd.
The ending trill doesn't feel right according to the sound; fix it up.
I really want to see this song in the pack, because it's perfect for this kind of pack, so i'm going to conditionally accept ; as in i'm only accepting if you fix the above.

In the Hall of the Mountain King (resubmit) (Samurai7694) - Nope, up to m27, starting at m35 to m90 is offsync. Patterns are better but still can't accept due to the amount of offsync. I recommend not using stops to try to sync it as the bpm is still wrong , and also you are early the entire time to the point where you consistently hit goods and boos. Try headphones if you have them. Rejected until fixed.

Lady Gaga Electrocuted During a Show (Samurai7694) - LOL. no. Go send this to midare megapack as 48th stream or something. Rejected.

Left 4 Dead (Samurai7694) - If this is your definition of a fun dump you need to rethink your dumps. Stop thinkin' down the sh!tter and start doing patterns that flow well and overall are fun, that at least relate to what's going on in the song. The most intense part of the song should have the most intense steps, etc. Rejected.

Licky (Rin-Dude) - Wow this song is gonna be stuck in my head 'till I never play it again, and wow there's something AAA'able. Pretty fun, but also probably gonna be one of the easiest songs in the pack lmao. No complaints really except that song is A-C-Licky-C-E-Licky-P-T-Licky-E-D.

Lie (WTFBrandon) - 2 edit charts wtf? lol. Is there even a difference between all the 3 charts?
Anyway. Freeze abuse; in the beginning, only keep the first freeze, the freeze in m21, and get rid of all the else, but keep the long ones in m28.
All the freezes in the chains get rid of.
Nice stops. Starting in m57, only put minifreezes to the clap sound, get rid of the freezes going to the vocals.
It was hard to tell where the jumps go to, but that's alright.
Conditional Accept provided you fix all the above.

MrRubix's OP (Samurai7694) - Yes I have a sense of humour, but this ain't the kind of steps you use for an mp3 like this; needs to be more accurate. Can't just roll spazz everything. Rejected.

Nainai69 (Samurai7694) - Everyone steps this song lol. Well I don't think there's anything bothering me with it, it was ok fun, would I replay it again, maybe. So I'm accepting this but I dunno I just don't like this song. haha.

Narcicism's OP (T-Rogdor) - C-C-C-Combo Breaker! What is climax theory? You should look that up and not hand dump everything. Spend more time on your files. Check the sync of the 24ths in the ending left jack. Rejected.

Nemetron (Masuat) - Pretty nice file with some minor flaws; m7 the (23) jump is not a jump, that sound is the 8th note that follows it. M58 the pattern you are following, the last 16th note doesn't exist; take it out. Just fix these and i'll accept 100%, pretty good though. Conditional accept on terms that you fix these two.

Nemetron (Masuat) - I love the song but m37 offers such an awesome jack section and you don't use that. The file is still pretty fun though, so i'll accept this very lightly.

Nemetron v3 (Masuat) - Accepted but you missed a jump on the first note of m18 and the last 16th note in m54 does not exist.

NFD's Op (Dossar) - Okay, m4 after the 32nd jumptrill to about M9 is not PR - (12) jumps should be (34) and I guess if you want to make it flow better make the 8th notes a 1 arrow.
Throughout the entire file you have freeze arrows going to the synths I believe they are, but you also have jumps that go through them. The freezes you use are not there throughout the whole file, making it inconsistent, which isn't good. Just get rid of all the freezes really.
Because of the freezes you seem to have PR issues during this section.
Starting around M45 vocals come in - instead you have 1(234)1(234) patterns; instead, layer the vocals it'd be more interesting and correct.
M68 - M74, those freezes are just, no.
Overall, too many errors that take away from the file.
Rejected.

NFD's Op Resubmit (Dossar) - Much better than the origional, but m48 - m72 is really boring. I strongly recommend you do something there to make it more interesting; perhaps make 8th jump jacks in there with the vocals? Just find something to do with these. Pretty alright other than that, but I want that fixed. Conditional Accept.

Nibiiro (Haru-ko) - This was a cool file, those mines are going to give people hell haha. The only thing that really bothered me was putting freezes to the secondary piano, wtf? But it isn't annoying enough for me to reject it, fix it if you want, it doesn't really matter; I guess it's fine as it is but it'd probably be better if you layered them as jumps instead. Accepted.

Now & Forever (Bluearrowll) - Own File.

Oh Lawd Your Wife Got Hit By An Ice Cream Truck (T-Rogdor) - Hey this song has bpm changes did you know that? File is offsync at parts. There are some parts that really do not feel right. Like those 32nd jacks that repeat. Fix the PR issues. Rejected.

Open Your Trills (Gundam-Dude) - Beginner chart is good, accepted. Although there is nothing wrong with the heavy chart, you have to remember that this is a vibrajacking pack and Open your Heavy has literally 0 jacks. For Sean had more jacks then that. xd But because this is a jack pack, I have to reject heavy.

Pure Hatred (Dossar) - Alright there are alot of things that bug me in this one. M13 - M15, those freezes make that part feel empty; should change those to mini freezes and stay with 8th jacks there. M28-M49, this area needs layering. I don't care whether its vocals with the guitar , it just feels to empty for the intensity of the song. The freezes aren't PR either; its probably better if you just get rid of them though, or make them minifreezes. M53, this is inconsistent with the trills in the file; change these to trills and do the same for any repeating area. M55 - M58 this area again feels too empty. Probably should stay with the 8th guitar imo. Too many buggy problems like this. Rejected.

Riverdance (SKG_Scintill) - Your best file yet, it's overlayed though. You have jumps everywhere when single arrows would do. Quads should be hands though that isn't really a problem. I would conditional accept this but unfortuneately the wrist jack section is full . Maybe you can send it to another pack? Rejected.

Sajtban (Moonlight X) - Almost all the freeze arrows were unnecessary. Hand usage such as that in m18 is not right; anywhere this repeats just make a higher PR pattern; in this case it'd be (14) Jumps. M36 - end of M40 is inconsistent with M113 - M117. It's best to make them all minijacks.
Ontop of that there are a few PR issues. Fix these.
Rejected for now.

Sajtban (Resubmit) (Moonlight X) - Much better, though in the minijack sections you still have it open with a 4 note minitrill. Change that to minijacks as well. The minijacks also need better PR. I'm being tough on this since it's such a key part of the song; and it repeats. Just fix these though and i'll accept, this is a Conditional Accept though.

Slap Chop Rap (Samurai7694) - Started off fun but got really boring; nothing really wrong with it but i'd try cutting around end of m69, or earlier if you can; it's really boring after this point. Conditional Accept.

Smooooooooch (Skg_Skntill) - The big problem with this file; freeze abuse, and lots of it. You put jumps on vocals and add freezes ontop of that; thats too much layering for just one thing; take those freezes out. All the freezes throughout the file clutter up the file and make it unfun. Take out all the unnecessary freezes; which is basically all of them. Also at the end of m58 you missed a 24th 1234 pattern. Fix these if you want me to consider accepting. Rejected.

Smoooooooooch (Skg_Skntill) - Much better, but there's still things that bug me. M18 - mid M25, what do those minijacks follow? There's no sound there to warrant a minijack, let alone any note. M17, M58, M78, M80 still miss that 4 note 24th pattern. For m17 you could cut out the last 4 32nds and add in that 24th pattern. The 24ths you have should be varied since they are at different levels of sound. A few places like m43 could have used stops, but that's optional. Alot better, but not enough for me to accept yet. Rejected.

St. Justanotherhandfilethathasanabsurdlylongnamehand (Spitfire) - At first I was skeptical to what the 8th jumps went to in the handstream but then I realized they were fine. The minifreeze section i'm a bit iffy on whether they are necessary or not but it does not bug me much. Main concern was file didn't have jacks appropriate for a Vibrajacking pack, but I guess the end makes it qualify, just barely imo though. I'm accepting it but i'm a bit skeptical due to jacks being a rarity until the end. Handstream is fun!

Star Wars (Patashu) - Song and steps are too catchy lmao. Its like a G Tell v2 but has fun handstream. Good wrist jack file. Accepted.

Suggestion Diabolique (HighAndr0id) - Good file, is fun, definitely replayable. Song is pretty ominous for a piano song. It's enjoyable however. The 64ths are really fun to hit. Accepted.

Tageri (Moonlight X) - Ending is very understepped. PR issues (4 note jacks on what should be 4 different notes), freeze abuse everywhere, I can't even go to measures in this because i'd be outlining the entire thing.
You had opportunities to use jacks, but you chose not to; plus this song does not need a re-step, the one in FFRCP is good enough already, and is already jacky lol. Rejected.

Tetris Breakbeat (T-Rogdor) - This isn't that fun, and I don't think it needs a v2. It already exists in a previous vibrajacking pack. Unless this was amazing I wasn't going to accept it, and it's not amazing. Needs to be more consistent. Rejected.

The Dark Blowhole (Gundam-Dude) - This file is really one to blow you away. haha. I wasn't expecting such a colorful interpretation of a touhou remix. I really don't know what to say about this one except .. actually no I don't know what to say. That's impossible! Accepted of course.

The Storm (0) - Violin Mania! Okay, so this file has 2 main issues that bug me:
PR - the first set of long jacks are not PR. Fix this up so that they rise from lowest pitch to highest pitch accordingly. There are a couple areas also that could use this touch up.
M4's last freezes up to the last freeze before the 160bpm part is offsync. Not by much but it's noticable enough. Also in this part, it shouldn't be hands and jumps, but jumps and single notes.
M34 - that is not a 32nd jump that is a 4th note jump. Fix that pattern accordingly.
M44 - about M60 you should have jumps going to the drum; the jumps you have now are inconsistent and hard to follow.
In your long jacks, your hand usage is inconsistent; either make all the drum "Crashes" hands or none of them.
All of this is enough for me to lose my interest in the file. Sorry.
Rejected.

Tocatta Op. 11 (Bluearrowll) - Own File.

Trisection v239052 (Cyrenics) - First of all why would you restep this rofl. Also, are you trying to submit this to FFR? I didn't see a single freeze or mine in there. This song needs freezes and it's obvious where they go. On top of that, that 48th wall was totally unnecessary. You also ended with 4 64 notes. I don't know about you but I sure don't hear 64ths in there. Pick songs that have not been stepped yet. Rejected.

Turtle Eggs (IcyWorld) - File is ok at best, the freezes take away from the file. Alot of the freezes can be taken out and replaced with jumps. Fix this if you want me to accept it. For now, Rejected.

Turtle Eggs (IcyWorld) - M41-End - Best thing to do here would be to copy what you did in the beginning. It makes the file less boring and takes away alot of the freezes which you still overuse. I'm not too big on this file , but if you fix that i'll lightly accept it. So this is a conditional accept.

What is Love (Bluearrowll) - Own File.

World Fabrication (Yesssss) - Hey a Capsule song that was fun; 24th swings are fun. Nice file. Accepted.
5th in Phynx's Unofficial FFR Tournament
9th in D3 of the 2008-2009 4th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D5 of the 2010 5th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D6 of the 2011-2012 6th Official FFR Tournament

FMO AAA Count: 71
FGO AAA Count: 10

Bluearrowll = The Canadian player who can not detect awkward patterns. If it's awkward for most people, it's normal for Terry. If the file is difficult but super straight forward, he has issues. If he's AAAing a FGO but then heard that his favorite Hockey team was losing by a point, Hockey > FFR
PS: Cool AAA's Terry
- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol

Last edited by Bluearrowll; 10-26-2009 at 07:53 PM..
Bluearrowll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-9-2009, 10:05 PM   #3
i love you
Live a wonderful life~

888 v2 (Samurai7694) - Much more patterns and beats than bluearrow's version but it felt like this file was way to dumpy and weird. Seems like you copied some parts from bluearrow's original file. Make the 32nd bursts more organized and put more effort in this file. I will reject this for now until it's fixed. Rejected

Adcar (Samurai7694) - This file wasn't too bad for a dump but it needs to flow a bit better with the song. Also, you overused some parts in the song which make it a bit boring and annoying. Maybe

Bad Apple !! (Yesssssss) - This blew my mind. You friggin rock dude. Accepted

Ballad of Black Mesa (T-Rogdor) - Very boring. I wasn't able to even finish this file because i got tired of it. Needs a cut for sure. Rejected

Ballad of Black Mesa (Resubmit) (T-Rogdor) - The beginning was pretty good but after that, it got rather boring. Some parts were offsync and you missed some jump placements. I didn't enjoy this file. Rejected

Ballad of Black Mesa (Resubmit v3) (T-Rogdor) - Sightly better so i'll take it. Accepted

Be Alive (IcyWorld) - This one was meh. A lot of overstepped crap and the ending was dumb. Rejected

Beat it (Master Chief) - The part after the freeze arrows were too overstepped and random. Not what this pack is looking for. Rejected

Binedump (Oubliette) - Boring, repetitive, needs a cut. Rejected

Binedump (cut) (Resubmission) (Oubliette) - Still a few errors but overall, you fixed a lot of problems in it and so, I accept. Accepted

Blood is Pumpin' (Speedy Mix) (L0nevvolf) - Just listen what Bluearrow said and i'll take it. For now rejected. Rejected

Blythe (Haru-Ko)

BOOZEHOUND (Gundam-Dude) - Meh, this file was alright. I'm not a big fan of freeze arrows but overall, it was decent enough for the pass. Accepted

Chicks with Dicks (IcyWorld) - No, just no. Rejected

Crazy Loop (T-Rogdor) - THEY CALL ME CRAZY enough to reject this file. Rejected

CrunkStream (Bluearrowll) - I'm surprised you submitted a vibrating file. Nice use of PR and everything else. I see no mistakes on this file. Accepted

Eradication (Dossar) - This file has potential, too many weird patterns on some parts. The cut was really nice though and the file was somewhat fun in some parts but still needs some fixing. Maybe

Fareast Hardstylerz (T-Rogdor) -

Fareast Hardstylerz v2 (T-Rogdor) -

Flyswatter's OP (Dossar) - Your worst file yet. Rejected

For Sean (Alexdestructions) - Barely any jacks but cool file. I will accept this but try to make a file with more jacks to it. Accepted

For Sean [Resubmission] (Alexdestructions) - Better than the first submission. Accepted

For Sean [Resubmission v3] (Alexdestructions) - Better than the second submission. Accepted

For Sean [Resubmission v4] (Alexdestructions) - Why so many submissions? Accepted

For Sean [Resubmission v5] (Alexdestructions) - Rejected. Accepted

Fuck DJ (._Spitfire_.) - You suck! Accepted

Girl Boy Song (Moonlight X) - You overused the freeze arrows in the beginning and you missed a lot of beats on some parts of the song. More could be done to this file. Also, I don't think stepping another version of this song is a good idea either. Rejected

Hardcore Juggernaut! (Customstuff) - Boring, mp3 make the file laggy. Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Rejected

Haya Nagila (Samurai7694) - This song was so boring and repetitive, steps were okay but please don't step hardstyle songs like this as it tends to be very repetitive and boring. Rejected

Hell Girl (Spitfire) - This file was fun to play. I enjoyed it throughout the song and the way you used the jacks made it that much fun. The only thing that kinda bothered me was the end part. Personally, i think the part were they're talking or whatever needs to be cut. Not really that much of an issue though. Accepted

Horatio (Extremex) - Off-sync, boring, and the file looked like an easier version of jackhammer madness. Rejected

I Hate Doing Laundry (T-Rogdor) - Horrible song choice is mainly the reason why i'm not accepting this. Also, the color notes at the beginning felt wrong and the random jumps you added after that just killed this file. Rejected

Ice Cap Zone (SKG_Scintill) - 32nd note syndrome. Rejected

Impromptu No. 4 (Bluearrowll) - Your best file yet. Loved the PR you used in this song and I really enjoyed how well it flowed throughout the song. Accepted

In the Hall of the Mountain King (Samurai7694) - Has some syncing problems but this file was really fun and i would love to have this in my pack. Please fix the sync then submit again. Maybe

In the Hall of the Mountain King (Resubmission) (Samurai7694) - Worse than before. Rejected

In the Hall of the Mountain King (Resubmission v3) (Samurai7694) - I'm accepting this. Screw you guys! Accepted

Lady Gaga Electrocuted During a Show (Samurai7694) - No. Rejected

Left 4 Dead (Samurai7694) - The steps did not go with anything in the song. The random 24th jacks at the beginning was pointless and so as most of the steps throughout the file. Rejected

Legend of the Moon (Bluearrowll) - Awesome file, awesome steps but the file got off sync on some parts. Fix the sync and submit again. Maybe

Licky (Rin-Dude) - Lol. Accepted

Lie (WTFBrandon) - Has potential. There were some parts I felt that was overused like the freeze arrows in the beginning and some other parts in the song. Also, why do you have 2 edits? There should be no edits when you submit a file into this pack. Move your edits to oni or beginner. Maybe

MrRubix's OP (Samurai7694) - LOLOLOLOL! Rejected

Nainai69 (Samurai7694) - Too many people stepped this. Still a good file but i don't if i want to accept it since i don't really like this song. I'll give it a maybe. Maybe

Narcicism's OP (T-Rogdor) - OH great! ANOTHER MORTAL KOMBAT FILE! First off, the triples and quads you added to the main chorus of the song didn't make sense, PR in the beginning was used decently but not good enough to get though the pass. Also, don't bother submitting this song again. I've heard this like a thousand times. Rejected

Nemetron (Masuat) - This was fun but had some errors. Just do what Bluearrow said and i'll take it. Maybe

Nemetron v2 (Masuat) - Much better, still has a few errors but awesome file. Accepted

Nemetron v3 (Masuat) - Slighty better but still has a few errors. Accepted

NFD's Op (Dossar) - I would love this file to get into this pack but there's a few stuff that could be fixed. You tend to overuse the (234) triple arrows a lot and repeat some of the other patterns in the song. The file was still fun though so I'll give it a maybe. Maybe

Nibiiro (Haru-ko) - Very smooth, relaxing and fun file. Accepted

Now & Forever (Bluearrowll) - Another dump file but hella fun. The x-mod tricks you added to it was lol. I suck at x-mod so i'm not going to judge that against you. I'm accepting this. Accepted

Oh Lawd Your Wife Got Hit By An Ice Cream Truck (T-Rogdor) - Rejected but I always wonder why you pick the most randomest songs ever! This also had bpm changes. Rejected

Open Your Trills (Gundam-Dude) - Heavy version was cool. Oni version was sex. Accepted

Pure Hatred (Dossar) - About time you submit a decent file. You didn't abuse the jacking this time and personally, I think you put a lot of effort into this so i will take it. It had slightly few errors but i am sure it won't hurt you too much? Accepted

Sajtban (Moonlight X) - This song has potential but it still have some errors that needs fixing. The song might need a cut on some parts that repeats because that made the simfile much more boring. Some of your PR were wrong but it wasn't too bad. I will reject this for now until you fix most of these issues. Rejected

Sajtban (Resubmit) (Moonlight X) - Huge improvement, I thought that was good. Still a few errors but I enjoyed this file. Accepted

Slap Chop Rap (Samurai7694) - Needs a cut. Otherwise, pretty fun. Maybe

Smooooooooch (Skg_Skntill) - VERY inconsistent. You also abused the freeze arrows. Needs work. Rejected

Smooooooooch v2 (Skg_Skntill) - A lot better but you are still being inconsistent. It's hard to tell what you are following when you layer your notes. Try to make it flow more so that it will be less of a pain for people to see what you are trying to follow. Rejected

St.Kickyourlegsintheairhand (Spitfire) - Good sync, loved the PR at the beginning and enjoyed the jumpstream patterns throughout the song. Accepted

Star Wars (Patashu) - what can i say? This simfile blew my mind. Awesome wrist jack file. Accepted

Suggestion Diabolique (HighAndr0id) - One word. Beautiful. Accepted

Tageri (Moonlight X) - A lot of PR problems. A crapload of overused freeze arrows and the beginning was very understepped. Rejected

Tetris Breakbeat (T-Rogdor) - Who_cares version was a ton better sorry. Rejected

The Dark Blowhole (Gundam-Dude) - Oh my god, this file was fun. Definitely replayable. Accepted

The Storm (0) - Heavy chart was alright but it had a lot of PR issues. Oni chart was dumb. You overused the long jacks and it got boring rather quick. Rejected

Tocatta Op. 11 (Bluearrowll) - Typicial Bluearrow file. This is probably the 3rd classic song you submitted to this pack with a lot of bpm changes. The Mp3 had a low volume so it was kinda hard to hear the music and the handclap at the same time when I was testing for sync. A lot of copy paste patterns but it was a legit file. Just please try not to submit more classic songs! Accepted

Trisection vBS (Cyrenics) - Rejected

Turtle Eggs and Mumblety Pegs (IcyWorld) - Those long freeze arrows near the end tend to get very annoying. Please make the freeze arrows a little smaller in size so that it doesn't make the file look crappy. Other than that, it was a pretty fun file. Maybe

Turtle Eggs and Mumblety Pegs v2 (IcyWorld) -

What is Love (Bluearrowll) - Pretty good for a dump file. There were some parts during the song that felt unneeded like that one 48th short stream. This file looks like it would be in a midare pack rofl. This file was fun and the PR was pretty good so i'll take it. Accepted

World Fabrication (Yesssss) - Another one of those barely wristjacking files. Song is awesome and so are the steps. I see no errors! Accepted

KEY:
Accepted = Passed
Maybe = Passed but has syncing problems and 1 or 2 errors.
Maybe = Has potential but needs to be fixed a bit
Rejected = Kill yourself

Last edited by i love you; 10-26-2009 at 07:43 PM..
Old 09-9-2009, 10:11 PM   #4
kommisar[os]
Banned

Send a message via AIM to kommisar[os] Send a message via MSN to kommisar[os]

stepping i hate you bcoz i love you

yep.
kommisar[os] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-9-2009, 10:13 PM   #5
leonid
I am leonid
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Would Dog of Flanders still be accepted if it was sent to this pack instead of the previous one?

Proud member of Team No
leonid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-9-2009, 10:13 PM   #6
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Bluearrowll Send a message via MSN to Bluearrowll

no.
5th in Phynx's Unofficial FFR Tournament
9th in D3 of the 2008-2009 4th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D5 of the 2010 5th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D6 of the 2011-2012 6th Official FFR Tournament

FMO AAA Count: 71
FGO AAA Count: 10

Bluearrowll = The Canadian player who can not detect awkward patterns. If it's awkward for most people, it's normal for Terry. If the file is difficult but super straight forward, he has issues. If he's AAAing a FGO but then heard that his favorite Hockey team was losing by a point, Hockey > FFR
PS: Cool AAA's Terry
- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Bluearrowll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-9-2009, 10:14 PM   #7
leonid
I am leonid
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

damnit

Proud member of Team No
leonid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-9-2009, 10:19 PM   #8
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Crap I guess my homework took longer than I expected.

Anyways, this is going to be my post about the files being submitted.

Notes: At the moment there are no submitted files.

888 v2 (samurai7694):
-This song doesn't need a v2 actually, mind changed. The main difference is the annoying rolls in between the jumpstreams.

Adcar (samurai7694):
-This file is pretty hard
-Might be the boss song of this pack
-Minijack Mania
-Seriously, I think this stepfile is pretty epic.... Maybe some slight misrhythms but there shouldn't be any more steps in this file.

Bad Apple !! (Yessssss however many s's lol):
-These Touhou songs sound all the same
-Jackfest
-This made me lmfao

Ballad of Black Mesa [resubmitted] (t-rogdor):
-I seriously have no idea what you guys mean by the "jump placements" unless each gunshot is a jump, and the mines weren't that bad. I guess the sync may be just a bit off but that shouldn't be much of a problem.
-I like this file.

Be Alive (IcyWorld):
-lol no
-Overstepped, 48th arrows and 32nds to 16th minijack notes. Seriously?

Binedump (Oubliette) Resubmit:
-The 48th jack at measure 76 is unnecessary.
-The 48th roll entering the 64th roll at measure 76 is 32nds, not 48ths.
-Other than that, I think this file is ok. It can make a tough vibrating file. Next time you should pick a song less repetitive.

Blood is pumpin Speedy Mix (L0NEvvolf):
-The layering after measure 20 was great. The only problem with the first 20 measures is that they're "inconsistent". The first two doubles should be single notes, since there's only the vocals
-In sections like measure 30, the freeze arrows that go along with the "blip" noise shouldn't be holds in the first place. The sound is very short and is nowhere near that long (not to mention it wasn't pitch relevant for them lolol). However, the holds to the synths are fine.
-In measure 43, that single 8th note should be a double. Minor mistake, but nothing too bad.
-Excellent use of minijacks, goes along with the file really well. If you make the above changes, I'll accept this file.

Boozehound (Gundam-Dude)
-Pretty repetitive
-Freezes ;_;
-This is a light accept.

Eradication (Dossar):
-Own file

Feet of Flames (SKG_Scintill)
- This song is pretty slow. All the "jacks" are minijacks that are either slow 16ths or short 24th minijacks. Plus, the wristjacking slots are practically full now.
- In measures 5-11 you used 48th notes when there should have been 12ths? This also occured throughout the song. This song does not have a constant BPM by the way, which is probably why you did that.
- What do the 32nds at measure 36 go to? The next few measures have extra notes that don't seem to go to anything as well. (I'm saying this because I'm assuming that this is not an overstepped dump)

For Sean (alexdestructions):
-This file has practically zero jacks but the 8ths are at Zero-G's speed so I guess that'll suffice by just a tiny bit

Note that I'd like to make: Wristjacking slots are practically all taken at this point. More vibrating files should be made.

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 10-25-2009 at 12:50 PM..
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-9-2009, 10:23 PM   #9
i love you
Live a wonderful life~

I should probably go test out the early submissions now lol.

Also, get on AIM Dossar.
Old 09-9-2009, 10:29 PM   #10
WTFBrandon
Shout out to Hades
FFR Veteran

Add me on MSN Rebound
As for Kommi...
I already steppt that. B)
Sorry brah
Old 09-9-2009, 10:33 PM   #11
Moonlight_X
Hates Boo Flags
FFR Veteran

add me on msn. ( moonlight-x@hotmail.com )
Moonlight_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-9-2009, 10:41 PM   #12
i love you
Live a wonderful life~

I had you added wtfbrandon, i will add you in a sec moonlight

EDIT: Moonlight, try adding me because for some reason, it's not letting me add you.

Last edited by i love you; 09-9-2009 at 10:48 PM..
Old 09-9-2009, 10:55 PM   #13
AniMeowzerz
#TeamAnimal
FFR Veteran

Blue told me to step songs for this

But do I WANT to? HMMMMMM....
Something to ponder as I wander out yonder... flounder?
AniMeowzerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-9-2009, 11:02 PM   #14
Oubliette
FFR Player

Sent in one of my other files, might make one more file.
Old 09-9-2009, 11:03 PM   #15
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

can i submit ron pauls op to this

or clipo preferably clipo
Old 09-9-2009, 11:22 PM   #16
Gundam-Dude
`~`

Boozehound (Gundam-Dude)
file sucks ass compared to my new stuff peace

The Dark Blowhole (Gundam-Dude)
Greatest and my last Dark Phoenix file I'll ever step I promise. Auto-Accepted.

Bad Apple!! (Yesssss)
Never thought the original ZUN song could make a pretty nice file. Accepted.

Impromptu No.4 (Bluearrowll)
File drags on but it was stepped well. Pitch relevancy was off in some sections and your choice in patterns weren't great, especially measures 25-26 where you just took a dump on your file. Accepted.

Legend of the Moon (Bluearrowll)
Didn't like this much when you sent it into Xoon 4. gonna copy pasta my review from Xoon 4.
Quote:
Measure 80, a 32nd roll would've worked better than a trill because it's a piano roll. There were a lot of useless mini-freezes (for the most part freezes layering the main melody during 16th stream parts. Rather than using freezes, jumps would've been a better substitute) and it's also kind of inconsistent when you all of sudden stop layering those mini-freezes to the melody near the end. 32nd trills transitioning to the 192nds were rather creative but other than that there was no other artistic value. Overall, file is very repetitive (even when you change up patterns, it still feels repetitive) mostly due to the song repeating over and over again.
But I'll be lenient for judging this pack and lightly Accept this.

Now and Forever (Bluearrowll)
Too overlayered. Stop gimmicks were the only appealing thing, otherwise my chart for this is better and doesn't really need to be turned into a vibradump. Rejected

World Fabrication (Yesssss)
You stepped Capsule what the ****, lmfao. Typical Yesssss file. Very swingy. Accepted.

888 V2 (Samurai7694)
Never played V1 of this but this was pretty overlayered. Your choice in patterns during the 32nd bursts were absolutely terrible. Rainbow notes at the end are off sync. Rejected.

Ballad of Black Mesa V2 (T-Rogdor)
Measures 25 - 27, yellow notes are off sync. You were missing jump placements throughout that can layer bass and other sounds (mostly on 4th notes). Mine placements were terrible. Rejected.

Beat It (Master Chief)
Absolutely terrible freeze usage. Pitch relevancy was off throughout the entire file. Layering is inconsistent, solo is overlayered and your choice in patterns are bad. Rejected.

Binedump V2 (Oubliette)
Decently structured. Choice in patterns weren't great throughout the file. Only good for scoring and that's about it. Lightly accepting.

Crazy Loop (T-Rogdor)
**** your song choice. Good job stealing Xiao's graphics too. I can't really judge dumpfiles but I'm going to Reject this based off of Bluearrow's judging.

Crunkstream (Bluearrow)
What the **** is this, lmfao. N/A

Eradication (Dossar)
See Bluearrow's notes. He nailed it right on the head. In summary, way too many technical and layering errors and inconsistencies. Although I'm being semi-lenient with judging for this pack, this still doesn't warrant an accept from me. Rejected.

For Sean (Alexdestructions)
Already reviewed this before when you sent me it. Not a very jacky file. You didn't layer the 16th trills throughout the file (would've been better with them). Measures 92-97, you can layer in jumps to follow bass since you just copied and pasted the same patterns over and over again. Structured fairly well but not enough to warrant an accept from me. Rejected.

**** DJ (_.Spitfire._)
Typical dumpy Spitfire file. Layered well and is enjoyable to some extent. Accepted.

Freezes are abused and weren't very innovative. File is repetitive and boring as ****. Rejected.

Not the best choice to step the whole song. File drags on and becomes fairly repetitive. If you're going to use freezes to layer the fading "hey" sound samples, then atleast make it so the freezes get shorter to represent it better. Rejected.

Horatio (Extremex)
Did I just play another Misirlou? Inconsistent with layering for certain sections. As Bluearrow mentioned already, the 121 and mini trills should be layered as triplets instead of trills. Rejected

I Hate Doing Laundry (T-Rogdor)
Bad song choice. Terribly structured and too short of a file. Rejected

In the Hall of the Mountain King (Samurai7694)
What are those mines in the beginning supposed to represent or layer? What exactly do the 64th notes in the beginning accent for the song? If you're going to play around with rainbow notes for artistry, at least do it right by accenting certain noises. The rest you can see Bluearrow's notes. However still not good enough to warrant and accept from me. Rejected

Left 4 Dead Theme (Samurai7694)
Dumpfile so I can't really judge this. N/A

Dumpfile so I can't really judge this but as far as I can tell your rainbow notes were mostly off sync or terribly used so I'm going to Reject.

Narcicism's OP (T-Rogdor)
Your usage of hands were terrible. You're overlayering with them. Check the ending for sync and layering. Rejected.

Off sync in a several sections. Choice in patterns are bad for the most part and it was pretty generic. Rejected.

Suggestion Diabolique (HighAndr0id)
You're missing several jump and hand placements that layer piano chords. After Measure 23, the piano becomes more intense and dominant therefore you can layer the jacks as jumpjacks. Despite some technical errors, I'll pass this since it's enjoyable and structured well. Accepted.

Star Wars (Patashu)
Typical ~Tim Stiles~ file. Accepted

Tetris Breakbeat (T-Rogdor)
Lack of hold usage. Jump and hand usage weren't very good and same goes for the layering. Rejected.

Will O' The Wisp (Extremex)
Hand usages is bad. You're overlayering with them. Mini-freezes weren't innovative at all. Rejected.

Turtle Eggs (IcyWorld)
Your freeze usage wasn't executed very well and leads to freeze abuse. Your hand usage is all over place and a lot of the time you're overlayering sounds with them. You had opportunities to put in stop gimmicks to the song which would've fit the song well but you avoided that. Layering is semi-decent but not enough to warrant a pass. Rejected.

For Sean V2 (Alexdestructions)
The long freezes from Measures 41 - 55 weren't necessarily needed. What you're trying to layer with them is pretty inaudible and it just makes your file look cluttered. You're still missing 16th trills/streams on the following Measures:
45.5-46 and 53.5-54.
Also you're missing a bass jump on Measure 93. Measures 96-97, each 4th note should be a bass jump as well. Accepting on the condition that these fixes are made, otherwise Rejected.

Flyswatter's OP (Dossar)
Too short of a file and too generic. Found absolutely no replay value in this. Rejected.

Nemeton (Masuat)
Overlayering with hands during the handstream section. You're missing jump placements throughout the file for what you're trying to follow. Overall, layering and structure is OK. Rejected. Playtest your file several times. Check for all your missing jump placements and get rid of the handstream section and I might lightly pass this.

For Sean V3 (alexdestructions)
Measures 41-55 are inconsistent with the measures before it since you stop layering the mini freezes. Other than that, file is passable now. Accepted.

Nibiiro (Haru-ko)
A lot of copy and paste with the 16th streams. A thing that bugged me was that from measures 24-32 you layered the high pitched piano roll or whatever with freezes. IMO would've worked better as jumps. Piano chord hands were nicely executed and mini freezes add a nice touch. Mine placements are pretty random so I don't quite understand the use of them. Overall, file is structured well and is enjoyable to some extent. Accepted.

Pure Hatred (Dossar)
For starters, your entire beginning is stepped wrong. The trills should be alternating if you're following the drum because it is not a single trill. Measures 13~16 is empty and inconsistent with the rest of the file. I understand wanting to change the layering but all in all there isn't anything worth accenting during that part that requires the section to be empty. After Meaure 29, for whatever reason you completely stop layering in the percussion/drum hits on the 4th notes which is once again inconsistent with the rest of your file. Measures 45-47, why are you layering the guitar as a descending scale? It's the same note being played therefore the first 3 freezes should be on the exact same note. Measures 49 and 53, your long jacks should be trills *OR* the trills before the long jacks should be jacks to keep it consistent. Measures 54-59 are inconsistent with how you layer directly right afterwards. After Measure 59, you stop layering the percussion/drum hits once again. Measures 63-65, you change up layering once again and completely avoid layering in the long 4th freezes. After Measure 64, once again you're not following the percussion/drum hits again. Measures 71-73, once again the first 3 freezes should be on the same note. Immediately noticed your copy and paste job afterwards. Overall, you tend to change up your layering every few measures which isn't necessarily a bad thing but the way in which you transition the layering and steps destroys the flow of the file and makes no sense. It's nice to have variation but only when you know how to execute it well. In this case, it does not work. The file as a whole is far too repetitive and I found absolutely no replay value in this. Rejected.

Tocatta Op.11 (Bluearrowll)
Measures 24-25 you're missing some jumps that layer piano chords. After Measure 30, your notes aren't pitch relevant. The piano is ascending and then descending so you should do something similar to a staircase pattern [1234321]. Measures 55-56 the BPM changes are off and the notes fall off sync. Measure 74, it actually starts a 16th before the 4th note. Afterwards, the same deal with the staircase thing mentioned. Check the sync after Measure 106 because the 8th note up jack is off sync. Rejected.

Smooooch (SKG_Scintill)
Freeze abuse. Some invisible layering/ghost stepping which didn't quite fit the song. Usage of jumps and hands were inconsistent for sections of the file. Rejected.

Turtle Eggs V2 (IcyWorld)
Still some freeze abuse. Still don't understand your hand usage and what exactly do they accent because they're pretty much randomly thrown in. Still missing stop gimmicks that would fit better with the song. Rejected.
- Measures 8-9, what exactly do those hands accent. I don't hear anything that warrants hand usage. The quad on Measure 9, I understand however should be a 3 note hand.
- Measures 10.75 and 11, what are those hands. You're layering vocals I see, but you're overlayering with the hand usage.
- Measure 11, what is that 8th note hand doing there.
- Measures 12-13, you avoided using stop gimmicks which would've fit perfectly.
- Measures 14.75 and 15, what are those hands. You're layering vocals I see, but you're overlayering with the hand usage.
- Measure 15, what is that 8th note hand doing there.
- Measure 16.75-17, should be a jack.
- Measures 20-21, you avoided using stop gimmicks which would've fit perfectly.
- Measures 24-25, hands are overlayered once again.

You Spin Me Right Round (Bluearrowll)
Nice yellow note syndrome. lol spin theory. Spins are actually kinda fun to hit. N/A.

Ballad of Black Mesa V3 (T-Rogdor)
Measure 39, you missed two notes that should layer the voice directly after the 16th note. Usage of hands were OK. Quads seem a bit overused. Lightly Accepted.

Fareat Hardstylez (T-Rogdor)
From Measures 5-9 you're layering the clapping noise or whatever in the background with jumps. After Measure 9, you stop layering it which leaves an inconsistency. Before Measure 14, the 16th stream actually starts on the [23] jump. Measure 17 you literally took a dump on your file. Measure 19, the sound you're layering should be on the same note rather than a descending 4321 scale pattern. After Measure 56, what you can do is layer jumps for the crashing noises. Measure 85-96 is totally empty. You could atleast put mine placements to let the player know that the file hasn't ended yet. Measures 138-141 you literally took a dump on your file a second time. Negative BPMs were actually decently executed. Rejected. If you fix up pretty much everything I mentioned, I might lightly pass this.

NaiNai 69 (Samurai7694)
Measures 132-133, you took a dump on your file. Song choice is pretty bad. File gets fairly repetitive and you have a whole bunch of awkward patterns. Song has been stepped way too many times. Rejected.

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)

Last edited by Gundam-Dude; 10-12-2009 at 12:06 AM..
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:10 AM   #17
Cj_leonine
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Anyone want to fix up one of mine?

Best FC Before Avmiss Fix: . Be Princess . Hellbeat . End Night
Cj_leonine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:49 AM   #18
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

I have a quick throwaway file I can make for this

edit: oops done already

maybe I should step punkture but that would take effort
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png

Last edited by Patashu; 09-10-2009 at 03:05 AM..
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:05 AM   #19
kommisar[os]
Banned

Send a message via AIM to kommisar[os] Send a message via MSN to kommisar[os]

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFBrandon View Post
Add me on MSN Rebound
As for Kommi...
I already steppt that. B)
Sorry brah
so did scylaax.

im makin justice
kommisar[os] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:39 AM   #20
Jimmy K
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Jimmy K Send a message via MSN to Jimmy K

I'm working on my OP, will that be acceptable?
Jimmy K is offline   Reply With Quote