Old 02-8-2013, 12:00 AM   #2681
Bobogoobo
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR's Top One Handers

Heck yeah! Most nervous I've ever been on a song. But so worth it. My previous best was 9-0-0-2 so I wasn't expecting this but by halfway I could tell I could do it. Also yay SKSK I'd probably say this is my best AAA now.

Best AAAs: Enchanting Venus [50], Yukitsuki-yashou [49], Faces [47], Lunar Eclipse [47], Pulling Through [46], Pinkie's Castle (<3) [41].

Two-handed alt = Viisbyxa.
Bobogoobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-8-2013, 12:09 AM   #2682
infinity.
sideways 8
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to infinity.

aaa'd a 61 today

oni sometime soon?

nerds
infinity. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-8-2013, 12:21 AM   #2683
Bobogoobo
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinity. View Post
aaa'd a 61 today

oni sometime soon?
Is this still three-finger? If so, teach me your secrets of improving so rapidly / being good :/

Best AAAs: Enchanting Venus [50], Yukitsuki-yashou [49], Faces [47], Lunar Eclipse [47], Pulling Through [46], Pinkie's Castle (<3) [41].

Old 02-8-2013, 02:09 AM   #2684
Magicturbo
Beatrix~
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobogoobo View Post
Is this still three-finger? If so, teach me your secrets of improving so rapidly / being good :/
Get a super super super flat keyboard so you can slide your middle finger back and forth on the up and down arrow keys
Old 02-8-2013, 03:57 AM   #2685
Bobogoobo
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicturbo View Post
Get a super super super flat keyboard so you can slide your middle finger back and forth on the up and down arrow keys
I'm using one of these Mac keyboards (random image I found) - I don't really have a problem with sliding my finger, though occasionally it'll get stuck but usually not. I think it's more just the ability to read the arrows and the speed/stamina to hit more complex patterns.

Old 02-8-2013, 04:37 AM   #2686
Magicturbo
Beatrix~
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobogoobo View Post
I'm using one of these Mac keyboards (random image I found) - I don't really have a problem with sliding my finger, though occasionally it'll get stuck but usually not. I think it's more just the ability to read the arrows and the speed/stamina to hit more complex patterns.
That wouldn't work for me, in an ideal keyboard for this, the space between the keys would be barely present and there'd be a very tiny but present down slope on all the edges of each key, so when your finger slides from up to down, rather than your finger getting caught on the raised key itself, it slides down the ridge of the first key, then up the ridge of the second key, making it optimal. Basically most laptop keyboards tend to have a better chance at having this.

If you're trilling 232323232323 fast, or doing fast streams, "occasionally" is way too often, sorry

As for basic advice for getting better with one-hand 3 fingers, I found pushing my limits constantly with fast streamy (and eventually started venturing into jumpstreamy) songs, really helped improve my overall speed. Technical patterns will be technical with spread, but with one-hand you're really going to need that speed a bit more than anything.

Last edited by Magicturbo; 02-8-2013 at 04:43 AM..
Magicturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:44 PM   #2687
Bobogoobo
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Wasn't expecting this to happen, but hey, I'll take it. Was using this as part of warm-up so I have no idea how I made it without boos. Fun song though, stuff like this lends itself to good one-handed charts as long as the difficulty doesn't go too high. Top five AAAs all in the 40s now, whoo. Now to work on those low 50s.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pulling Through AAA.jpg (43.9 KB, 0 views)

Old 03-8-2013, 10:03 PM   #2688
Bobogoobo
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Ffff I was so close to AAAing We Will Fly finally but I guess it was not meant to be, had a finger slip or something and got 0-1-0-1. Another time then.

Just to update everyone (all my loving fans, lolol), I decided I'll be more of a casual player, only play when I really have time. I might not be able to improve as much but at least I'll still play and also get my homework done, hopefully.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #2689
Bobogoobo
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Finally! Whoohoo. Almost had a BF, got an avoidable good at the end due to being really nervous I guess. This is in my top five most-played songs. So yay. Not that I'll be able to play v2, judging by its difficulty.

EDIT: AAAd Enchanting Venus, HEAVY GET. Posting it in the tourney thread, don't want to cross-post. It's not a very hard song, I like it. But haha wow wasn't expecting Heavy.

Edit2: updated my BF count for the first time in a while, it went up by 15 hahaha.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Electro Rush get.jpg (38.7 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Bobogoobo; 03-10-2013 at 10:55 PM..
Old 03-25-2013, 06:22 AM   #2690
Mourningfall
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I've been one handing in my free time on SM lately. I plan on using the play style to keep me engaged and interested
while I tackle songs in the lower end of FFRs difficulty spectrum.

So if all goes well, you'll probably be seeing quite a few scores here from me in the upcoming weeks.
Mourningfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:30 AM   #2691
LongGone
-
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

tried 1hand
(left ring, middle, index, thumb)
(A S D [Spacebar])

??idk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers View Post
people age at a rate of about 1 year per year

Last edited by LongGone; 03-25-2013 at 06:08 PM..
LongGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #2692
Bobogoobo
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall View Post
I've been one handing in my free time on SM lately. I plan on using the play style to keep me engaged and interested
while I tackle songs in the lower end of FFRs difficulty spectrum.

So if all goes well, you'll probably be seeing quite a few scores here from me in the upcoming weeks.
Yay!

Nice scores, LongGone! I've never been able to FC the intro to Brooks :/ I'll have to try Yoshi's Cookie again. I wouldn't be able to get anything near that good on K8107 especially with all those 23 trills everywhere. What style of one-hand are you playing? That's pretty darn impressive, especially if you haven't done it before...

Edit: yeah, 79-9-25-14 (341 combo) on K8107. Couldn't do the end at all. I keep messing up on Yoshi's Cookie, but I figure I could get a 1 or 2g on it. Still can't manage that opening staircase on Brooks. Just isn't happening without senseless mashing. And I doubt I could do as well on the rest of the song with mirror, but I guess I'll try it sometime.

Last edited by Bobogoobo; 03-25-2013 at 09:27 PM..
Old 03-26-2013, 12:20 AM   #2693
Mourningfall
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

1 handing is hard.
I'm using ZXCV because it feels like a more comfortable transition from the old guitar hero days, but I have no idea what I'm doing on jumpstream, because I avoid using my pinky; moving from [24][3][24] patterns my main finger (the one on 4) slides down to 3 as I would hammering off from a chord in GH, but FFR has a really funny way of making me forget where I've put my hand, so I'm dropping silly boo's and good's all over the place :c
I'm jealous of anyone who can AAA one handed.
Anyways I fc'd a 54, which I'm happy about.

Reverse choked the beginning, :c
but got it on the next run!
Old 03-26-2013, 03:51 AM   #2694
Bobogoobo
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Ah, both interesting. I just use an arrow keys-like setup, 0 . 3 Enter on numpad. It's just how I always played. I can see how it can be limiting, though.

I'll have to try 101 Kittens, I doubt I can get very close to that though...I guess I really do need to stat a different playstyle, because apparently what I'm doing just won't cut it when people can switch to one hand and immediately do better than I can. When I started trying spread on a new account progress was very slow. Maybe I just suck and should resign myself to trying to be the best low-D3 bad one-hand player ever known. Someone's gotta fill the niche.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:59 AM   #2695
Mourningfall
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Aha, I think you're great; I didn't immediately transition from spread to index, I was whoring SM for hours before I even attempted that haha. Plus countless years of FoF and GH tends to give an advantage for certain songs :3
Old 03-26-2013, 05:35 AM   #2696
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

Wow, very nice scores Mourningfall. You play like the way korny does (one of the best one handed players ever). I wonder - how do you hit trills with, say, your index finger and thumb? That actually sounds very difficult to do, though given your really good K8107 score you don't seem to have an issue with it.

https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/battle-tower-royale-title-theme
Bynary Fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:03 AM   #2697
Viisbyxa
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

One thing I'm missing about one-handing is that my OCD(?) didn't have a chance to act up so much...it's really a problem sometimes. The other side of the situation is that there are a lot of files that are more comfortable (and therefore more fun) to play, stuff like that.

Best AAAs: Gacha Gacha Cute Figu atto Mate [56], Song of the second moon [52], Musicmaker RX [52], Wish (Reprise) [51], Nyanyanyanyanyanyanya! [51], Exogenesis [51]
Quest for Scarhand: 3+ blackflags on Pure In Asia, blackflag on Iced Innocence
2020 update: all of these got bumped up 4 (rip Scarhand unlock), rusty, new AAA Power Rocket [56?]
2021 semiannual return: Connect (HOUSE SOUL REMIX) [57] (was blackflag from 2013), second blackflag on Call Upon the Seaponies; 2023: Polar 240 [56]
BFs: 127 and counting (as of 2013-11-10)
Viisbyxa is offline   Reply With Quote