Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events > Tournaments

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 11:24 AM   #1021
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Unofficial Tournament 2018 Feat. RamenBox [Get2.5thPlace pastebin.com/tvm28W8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK8R43 View Post
So youre basically just being elitist, rushy?.
get real dude

Old 01-13-2019, 11:24 AM   #1022
SK8R43
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Unofficial Tournament 2018 Feat. RamenBox [Get2.5thPlace pastebin.com/tvm28W8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SputnikOwns View Post
Let's give the same prize to an elementary school track star that we do for an Olympic gold medalist.
Im okay with that
Old 01-13-2019, 11:53 AM   #1023
GhostieGoBoo
FFR Player

lol D7 should be same credit prize as D1 sick

however i do think the 1st place prize should have probably been distributed D4-D7 and the last card raffled between the winners of D1-3 if the logic is that prizes should be given to higher div players on the basis that they've put more effort.
(RIP D6 winner suicidaln00b)

Edit: I'm not really saying we should switch up the prize distribution, but if we're going to be arguing about this we should keep the logic consistent in the arguments.
reuben_tate's Ramen Box Tourney (D6) - 4th

Last edited by GhostieGoBoo; 01-13-2019 at 11:57 AM..
Old 01-13-2019, 12:29 PM   #1024
qrrbrbirbel
FFR Veteran
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Also, since there are now 2 people that have waived the ramen prizes (and that op won a steam card (sorry mang )) D5 and D6 first place I think would be the best candidates for the transfer. Should anyone else waive their prize, it will go to the next first place that didn't receive a steam card.

So at this point, Demerai and suicidalnoob can pm me for their much better than a steam card anyway prize
Old 01-13-2019, 06:23 PM   #1025
Solarlake
FFR Player

D2 Tiebreaker

Old 01-13-2019, 09:29 PM   #1026
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

D2 tiebreaker -> Gets strongest score of all time in 6 gameplayers :P

Welcome to D3!

Last edited by devonin; 01-13-2019 at 09:29 PM..
Old 01-14-2019, 02:08 AM   #1027
SK8R43
D7 Elite Keymasher

Its called sandbagging. 😳
Old 01-14-2019, 02:42 AM   #1028
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Quote:
>welcome to d3
LUL

Last edited by Dinglesberry; 01-14-2019 at 02:44 AM..
Old 01-14-2019, 02:44 AM   #1029
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

also yes im fuckd up enough to quote my own avatar

FIGHT ME I DARE U
Old 01-14-2019, 03:28 AM   #1030
Antori
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK8R43 View Post
Why arent the credits distributed evenly? I think the d1 winners deserve just as many as the d7 players. If anything the d1 players had to try harder...
Cred pot should be the same for each division winner, each second, and each third. Amirite?

I mean everyone who participated gets the same amount whether theyre d1, d7, tried as hard as they could, didnt try and barely submitted scores, etc.
if we all got the same prizes as everyone else then there is literally no reason to try hard to be the best

it doesn't matter how hard you tried we're not ranking people based on their will power or determination we're ranking them based on pure skill and everyone in D7 is alot higher skill then everyone in D1

Old 01-14-2019, 12:43 PM   #1031
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

There are a few reasons why the credit distributions are different for different reasons. Although this first one is not necessarily the best reason, such a practice has been done for most tournaments on FFR. And even looking at other tournaments/competitions outside of FFR that have competitions at different divisions of skill (say like a amateur and a pro bracket), usually there is a difference in prizes there as well.

Next, one can argue that D7 players have worked harder to get to where they are at. You might say that the D_1 players have worked just as hard as some as D_7 players throughout the duration of this particular tournament and that's a fair point. However, those that have worked very hard will likely be on their way to entering into a higher division which will have the promise of higher prizes anyways. Also, it's perfectly "fair" in the sense that everyone has started off as a D1 player to begin with (perhaps inside or outside of FFR) so current D7 players were getting smaller prizes earlier on in their rhythm gaming journey. Imagine a parent trying to figure out gifts for two children of their children that are 6 years apart in age. A gift that's suitable for a 14 year old likely wouldn't be suitable for an 8 year old. However, if the 8 year old got the same/similar gift as their sibling did when their sibling was 8, then that's perfectly fine.

Putting morals and stuff aside, it also makes sense from a pragmatic perspective. Higher prizes for higher divisions helps to disincentive sandbagging and helps to incentive people to play their best.

The participation prize is the same for each division since all it is supposed to represent is a token of appreciation for completing the tournament. I don't particularly have a reason to appreciate D7's participation more than that of D1's participation.

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
Old 01-14-2019, 01:05 PM   #1032
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I also wanted to return to the topic of flashflash account and the whole D0 thing.

To reiterate, D0 wasn't really a division but more of a pilot program for low D1 players so that way they could play for fun, still be rewarded for participating, and play files that are suitable for their skill level. I didn't have any prizes for D0 for multiple reasons, some of which were because of logistic reasons and some of which were due to the idea that there should be some initial bar that players need to pass in order, i.e. like a right of passage, before being able to compete for real prizes.

Currently, the divisions with the highest range of skill are D1 and D7. When it comes to D1, the range of skill in that division is pretty insane. At the top of the division you have people that can AAA some files in the 20's. On the lower end, you have people that can't even pass Power (I've seen people fail Power with my own two eyes).

The reason why I started D0 in the first place is because there were a handful of participants that were completely new to FFR but still wanted to join in the tournament and have some fun. When asked for the difficulty ranges, some of these players were discouraged from playing seeing that the estimated difficulty of Round 1 was way out of their league. It'd be like asking a D2 player to play the D6 songs. Yes, they could play them, but it wouldn't be suitable for their skill level.

Lastly, it's probably been awhile since a lot of us have been in D1. However, we shouldn't dismiss their achievements and improvements. Just because a player hasn't yet achieved a particular milestone that skilled players would find "easy peasy" (like doing well on Policy in the Sky) doesn't mean that that player hasn't been improving nonetheless. I've been watching FFA's scores throughout the duration of this tournament and I will certainly say that he has indeed improved over the course of this tournament.

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
Old 01-14-2019, 04:59 PM   #1033
flashflash account
FFR Player

i agree

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
Old 01-14-2019, 05:03 PM   #1034
SputnikOwns
The Frog
FFR Veteran

I just want to point out that flashflash account has more forum posts than he has plays (including 52 on excite bike) LOL

The way you improve is by playing the game with some frequency, meaning more than one play every two days.

Good luck to him.

Last edited by SputnikOwns; 01-14-2019 at 05:04 PM..
Old 01-14-2019, 05:11 PM   #1035
flashflash account
FFR Player

I was introduced to this community through TWG, not rhythm gaming. Many of the TWGers I know and tolerate love are part of the community, so I'm here too

-----

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
Old 01-14-2019, 07:31 PM   #1036
mrpreggers
D7 Elite Keymasher

i expect my 20k credits soon
Old 01-14-2019, 07:46 PM   #1037
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
I was introduced to this community through TWG, not rhythm gaming. Many of the TWGers I know and tolerate love are part of the community, so I'm here too
tolerate you too man
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Old 01-14-2019, 09:11 PM   #1038
flashflash account
FFR Player

clearly otherwise id probably be banned

-----

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-14-2019, 10:14 PM   #1039
qrrbrbirbel
FFR Veteran
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Whoa now, let's not get off topic, especially when only 5 people have claimed their ramen (and 1 more person has waived their noodles).

At this point if anyone else wants to forgo their prize, I'll eat it myself lol
Old 01-14-2019, 11:45 PM   #1040
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
clearly otherwise id probably be banned
f'real, i think you're cool (even though half the shit you do confuses me lmao). glad you're playing twg

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrrbrbirbel View Post
Whoa now, let's not get off topic, especially when only 5 people have claimed their ramen (and 1 more person has waived their noodles).

At this point if anyone else wants to forgo their prize, I'll eat it myself lol
if you need someone to eat ramen :P
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Last edited by Funnygurl555; 01-14-2019 at 11:46 PM..
Closed Thread