Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 02:22 PM   #61
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean
Default Re: TWG XXIX Crack Dens and Avenging Angels

Tass, it's my experience that most players are only accusatory as humans. Only the best of wolves can pull off being extremely accusatory without worry and without giving themselves away.

I think Fish's comments are more to keep people talking. They seem totally fine to me.

I did notice the thing about Jurs saying she'd be innactive. Wouldn't say it's indicitive of wolfiness, but it's definitely not good. The Guido thing was incredibly weak; Guido just misunderstood the rules of the role (It's role, by the way, not 'roll').

Wilkin's recent post is definitely a step up from him posts last time. They don't throw off such a wolfy vibe. Then again, kind of irrelevent since he was human before when he looked wolfy to me.

Also, when does day end? I want to be sure to get a vote in and I won't be on the forums as much tonight, as I'll be playing MS as much as I can to make up for having such a bad night last night.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:28 PM   #62
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18

so nothing's been said about anything except

"rawr I'm tass i'm so much smarter then any of you"
"rawr I'm guido I don't know the rules, oops, this must mean i'm too ignorant to be a wolf"
"rawr I'm vash and...durrrrrr"

Iggy I expect something more from you.. people come talk to me on AIM so I can see through your very souls and find out what's going on

Old 03-29-2006, 03:57 PM   #63
mead1
Cerebellumberjack
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to mead1 Send a message via Skype™ to mead1

Voting ends tomorrow at 6 PM

25 hours
Old 03-29-2006, 04:38 PM   #64
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

So now that it seems that there's been enough time for another interrogator to come out (if one was going to), if you have any brilliant ideas for sets of questions for the interrogator to ask it would probably be a good idea to send them to tps. I know I've had a few convos brainstorming up ideas with people (iggy, fish, blah) that I'll probably send his way for him and the angel to look over.

In general though, it's been pretty difficult to figure out a foolproof set of three questions that doesn't break any of the rules. At most we've come up with 2 solid questions (aka "are you a wolf?" followed by a brilliant second question followed by "are you a special role at all?") it's getting that second question to be one that a wolf would have to lie to without breaking the rules that's been the hard part.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:03 PM   #65
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter

Blah I don't know what you're expecting from me, there's not too much more to go on. I've posted just as much as anyone else, what more do you need?

And you did the same stupid thing vash did where you sum up the obvious without puting any of your own input in. Something I find very wasteful. Even saying "yea I agree with this, this, but not that." is good but just saying, "Ok so the past 3 or so pages were this, this, and this." is not helpful at all.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:02 PM   #66
mead1
Cerebellumberjack
FFR Simfile Author

I have been contacted by Vash. He has a personal emergency and needs to be replaced. From now on Gamepro will be taking his place.

So it has been said, so it shall be done.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:04 PM   #67
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

sup first TWG in 8 months.

15 people IM me and tell me what's going on.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:18 PM   #68
Tasuke
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tasuke Send a message via MSN to Tasuke

So, the interrogator is going to be gaurded by the angel for the
whole game right? Andif the wolves attempt to kill the interrogator
the angel, after successfully gaurding the interrogator, kills whomever
they feel is being wolfy. But they have no idea if the gaurd was
successful until morning.
And, since I'm pretty sure the wolves wouldn't bother with attempting to wolf any interrogator because of the off chance that one of the wolves could be killed as a result. But, in the same sense, couldn't the wolves benifit from attempting to kill TPS because the chances of killing a human are far greater?

Also, since I'm not totally up to date with TWG favortism, is there anyone that Nforcer would come out to? I know that it would be a very foolish thing to do, but isn't it possible that Nforcer told someone he really trusts, who is actually the MW, that he is the interrogator, so that the MW tells one of the wolves to come out as the interrogator since there would e no opposition? I know the chances are incredibly slim, but it's just been something on my mind. With no offence to TPS, of course.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:11 PM   #69
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Wtf.

I was playing MS with Vash earlier.

He mentioned nothing of having to be replaced.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:44 PM   #70
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky

Probably has something to do with the emergency part.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:44 PM   #71
MiniNeo
FFR Player

Afro's point is why would he be playing MS when he has an emergency?
Old 03-29-2006, 09:55 PM   #72
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Yeah, he was on MS right before that post was made about him being removed. He said nothing at the time in game.

And afterwards, I asked noah and someone else (I forget who else was on at the time) what was with vash and they had no idea. I'll see if I can find out what this emergency is next chance I get.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:04 PM   #73
MiniNeo
FFR Player

Sounds like he is really in a hurry.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:35 PM   #74
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

What would it matter anyways? Are you thinking he was a wolf who couldn't handle it and therefore faked an emergency?

He must have had SOMETHING come up, and even though it would be nice to know what that was, I don't think it has anything to do with the further progress of the game so let's not worry too much about it anyways and focus the discussion on something else.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:09 AM   #75
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

A. I would hope that Mead wouldn't let him out of the game on some BS reason, purely because he's a wolf and scared.

B1. to Tasuke: please go back and re-read my post on why you all are stupid and don't appreciate the power of the angel role. It clearly explained why the angel kill is MUCH MUCH better for the humans, and much much worse for the wolves. Most certainly not something the wolves would want.

B2. to Tasuke: way to finally show up. Please post more and/or be active on AIM. Thanks.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:34 AM   #76
mead1
Cerebellumberjack
FFR Simfile Author

Yeah, he told me what it was, I just didn't mention it for Vash's Privacy. Rest assured, it's no BS.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:09 AM   #77
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Yahoo to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Skype™ to FishFishRevolution

Let me quickly address Tass's post before I go get lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot
Or maybe its Fish trying hard to push for weak targets? The pot-shot at Vash, the comment towards Guido, and now the one on Jurs. Seems awful accusatory (is that a word?) of you.
I didn't push for vash, I was making fun of his posts. I don't know why you're calling Guido a weak target, but I certainly wouldn't categorize him that way. As far as Jurs, it was mostly a statement to her, and I mentioned at the end that it could be her playing us, but I certainly didn't push for her. Afro pretty much had it correctly saying I was trying to generate discussion. Not only that, but it's not out of character of me at all!

In other news, I don't like minineo's posts at all. They seem too much like an uneasy wolf. His posts are mostly contentless and early on kept mentioning who hadn't posted yet like it really mattered at that point. I guess he was trying to narrow down who the interrogator was but...it really wouldn't have mattered either way. His lack of knowledge of the angel role would also play into why nforcer was killed; fear of what the role was capable of.

I'm going to go get some lunch. I'll vote later when I get to work.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:23 PM   #78
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Not to say I disagree with you Fish...

but, the past two games Mini has played (the only 2 TWGs), he has been a behind-the-scenes alliance pawn. With Hans and myself telling him to STFU and stay out of trouble. He doesn't have that this game.

To counteract that... he is being awfully jumpy and quick with short and fairly meaningless posts.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:24 PM   #79
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Wait. That would leave me to believe he's human.

If he was a wolf, he would STILL be a behind-the-scenes alliance pawn and 2 other people telling him to STFU.

At least, I would hope that would be the case.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:45 PM   #80
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

With the angel guarding tps though, I don't foresee any guarding/smiting anyways.

I'm gonna throw down a vote on mini though. I haven't been talking much on AIM (mostly becasue I get one usually past 11pm and everyone is done talking by then) so I don't have much to go on anyways.

He fits the noob MW I talked about earlier, explains why he went for nforcer instead of tass or talisman or someone higher on the ranks. I just think that a better wolf would go for them because yes there's that chance of them being guarded and being a human, but that would stop right there since it was pretty much given that the interrogator would come out and the angel would focus on him.

Plus even if mini would have thought of going for a top player, he would most likely know that the angel would pick him as a smite target so that too also explains why nforcer was wolfed.

I know I said that the wolves would be higher players beforehand, and I still think that to some extent. Really the MW has final say on who ultimately gets wolfed, and I think the two wolves picked someone higher but MW ended up picking lower because mini was a good smite target and they didn't want to risk it.

Fairly narrow I noticed yes, but like I said I have nothing else and will not hesitate to change if something better came up.

Day ends at 6pm tonight me thinks.
Closed Thread