Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-9-2012, 12:43 AM   #41
i love you
Live a wonderful life~
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Community Pack Summer 2012 (Submissions Open)

Okay so I opened up the stepping editor for the first time in a long time. I place a step and I was bored so then I exited stepmania and watched Nisemonogatari.

rip
i love you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-9-2012, 01:12 AM   #42
00Razor00
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 00Razor00 Send a message via Skype™ to 00Razor00

will have something for this (o:

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus
00Razor00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-9-2012, 04:13 PM   #43
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profraine View Post
I'll finish something up for this; it'll have a lot of holds and be sorta repetitive. And kommi, I hope you like parades.
Yes it was amzin
Old 05-9-2012, 06:42 PM   #44
Strum
FFR Player

I really want to finish Save Me but I don't have the motivation to step a 10 minute song.
Strum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-9-2012, 07:08 PM   #45
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

ooh I think I'll make another chart for Invincible, this one'll have holds and maybe mines depending on how I feel

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
yo man im awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #46
XxMidigamixX
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to XxMidigamixX Send a message via Skype™ to XxMidigamixX

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love you View Post
Okay so I opened up the stepping editor for the first time in a long time. I place a step and I was bored so then I exited stepmania and watched Nisemonogatari.

rip
rip byron

XxMidigamixX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:15 PM   #47
Gundam-Dude
`~`

Champion's Horizon (Route #26) (eiddiM)
Easier difficulties
- Alright for the most part except for the Medium chart which should be revamped according to the Hard chart's notes for more chart relevancy and consistency.
Hard
- My issue with this is that there is essentially no other prominent layers present other than the guitar up until M71+ (Beat 280+). Considering the song in itself is long, make it interesting by layering more via percussive jumps, jump accents, whatever floats your boat.
- Holds are consistently used however it's unnecessary to be this thorough with the usage—only keep the holds you need to accent. The shorter, less significant holds can be removed completely to reduce the amount of visual density you're presented with and to avoid some semi-awkward hold-streaming patterns.
- To add onto the hold comment, the lengths of the holds do not need to be as long as the sound it layers—as long as a hold is present, anybody playing your file can pick up what it goes to instantaneously. Shorten the lengths by way more than half the current length and select only the significant sounding holds that need to be placed while completely abandoning the shorter, less significant ones and layering them as regular notes.
- M71+ (Beat 280+) I have an issue with the hand usages purely based on the fact that your file lacks a quantitative amount of jump usages to counterbalance the hands. Jump and hand usage ratios should be usually kept at about 2:1 and what you have now currently is imbalanced.
- M75+ (Beat 296+) is a nice layering change. However, the patterns in themselves are a slight issue since there are no other jacks present in the file to better prepare the player for this particular section. The majority of the file is hold-stream in itself yet this one section with jacks just seems out of place, even if it fits with the song. My suggestion would be to sparsely layer some jacks to the guitar prior to this section in order to both prepare the player and give the file a much better structural relevance.
- Beat 326.25, [13] 16th jump was completely out of no where. What you layered isn't too obvious to hear and frankly seems randomly placed.
- M124+ (Beat 492+) I'm not sure why you ignored the piano chord jumps—They would've been excellent layering additions.
- M132+ (Beat 525+) decent attempt at syncing vocals however they're quite offbeat. Look into the note intervals more if you wish to layer the vocals more accurately.
- Overall, I don't have any real issue with the note layering in itself. My problems with this file are mostly the hold and jump/hand usages—you definitely need to experiment with selective layering. If you can revamp all that, this chart will be solid and ready to go. Until then...
No

24th Century BOY (LegendaryHawk)
Hard
- Refer to the notes below. As an easier chart, shorten the length of the holds even further.
Expert
- M7 (Beat 24), your note intervals are incorrect. Rather than 4th[24]->8th[13]->16th[12], it is actually supposed to be 4th->16th->8th. Simple solution is shift the [13] and [12] jumps down a 16th.
- 16th note long holds are very dense when layered to 16th stream like this. Shorten the length of the holds by half (32nd long) would be my suggestion.
- M38+ (Beat 148+) the holds are unnecessary as what you're following isn't too obvious and prominent. Remove them completely would be my suggestion.
- Overall, acceptable with tweaks to the above.
Maybe

Couple Breaking (LegendaryHawk)
Hard
- M29+ (Beat 112+) the mines are overkill and add a difficulty factor. Cut back on the amount of usage in this section.
Expert
- M29+ (Beat 112+) layering the 16th percussion you ignored would be a nice addition because it better transitions into M37+ (Beat 144+).
- M45+ (Beat 176+) a suggestion for this would be at M50-51 (Beat 196-200) and M58-59 (Beat 228-232) change the patterns into 16th trill patterns for musical relevance. It better captures the song than having straight 16th stream that never changes.
- Overall, acceptable. I highly encourage making the above tweaks for a much more stronger file.
Yes

Freedom Dive (rparty89)
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah. Until you make a **** ton of easier charts (and by easy I mean >>>>>EASY<<<<<) I'm probably not accepting this at the moment. Maybe when the pack's almost complete will I consider accepting this, like the previous pack's Maniera.
Maybe

Trixie The Pony Troll (Hammar's Theme) (MsM)
- M18 (Beat 68) remove the 24th [3] jack.
- M24 (Beat 92) missing a jump.
- M54+ (Beat 212+) you should've continued to thoroughly layer the 8th synth jumps for consistency.
- M57 (Beat 224) change [12] 16th jump to [14] to avoid the jump-jack. It's a huge difficulty spike. Also, the mines are way too close to the notes following.
- Beat 286 and 288, shorten the length of the holds by way more than half.
- M90 (Beat 356) avoid the jump-jack. turn [12] into just [2] or simplify the [134] into [34]. I'm being anal about this because of the speed.
- Beat 378 remove mini-jack. Completely randomly placed.
- Overall, decent. Fix above notes and make easier charts (I encourage to make more than 1).
No

Activation Synthesis Theory (BynaryFission)
No real commentary for all 3 charts. Good work.
Yes

Divided By Three (BynaryFission)
No real commentary for both charts. Good work.
Yes

SoC (BynaryFission)
Yes

Magewind (BynaryFission)
Yes

Devil May Cry 3 (Total Cover) (Midigami)
Medium
- Acceptable.
Hard
- Beat 87, make into a jump.
- Beat 111, make into a jump.
- Beat 144, make into a hand.
- Beat 164, make into a hand.
- Beat 199, make into a jump.
- Beat 223, make into a jump.
- Reconsider some hand usages and try to minimize them to only the obvious chords. I found a few sparse hands to be unnecessary and you should keep the jump to hand ratio to around 2:1
- Overall well layered but very underwhelming and boring, even for beginners. I suggest sending something else with all honesty, lol.
Maybe

Ninur (Strum)
Hard
- Acceptable.
Expert
- Beat 70 missing 4th note?
- I suggest placing jumps to layer the dubstep percussion. It better represents dubstep as a file and makes for interesting layering.
- The lengths of the holds do not need to be as long as the sound it layers—as long as a hold is present, anybody playing your file can pick up what it goes to instantaneously. Shorten the lengths by way more than half the current length would be my suggestion.
- Overall, decent. I don't have an issue with the layering in itself, however I strongly recommend thoroughly layering the dubstep percussion with jumps. Holds you can adjust if you wish to.
Maybe

You & Me (Breeze Mix) (xVaLoRx)
Global offset issue. Had to re-adjust to 0.180.
Hard
- This isn't simplified enough. Simplify, simplify, simplify.
- Also tone down the hold usage by a lot.
Expert
- M49+ (Beat 192+) the holds aren't really necessary. My suggestion would be to remove them completely and keep the notes as they are.
- M57+ (Beat 224+) piano chord jump captures the piano much better than piano holds. It would also tone down your hold usage. Consider changing the layering style here.
- M65+ (Beat 256+) awkward layering transition. My suggestion would be to continue layering in the piano chords (as jumps like above note).
- Holds are consistently used however it's unnecessary to be this thorough with the usage—only keep the holds you need to accent. The shorter, less significant holds can be removed completely to reduce the amount of visual density you're presented with and to avoid some semi-awkward hold-streaming patterns.
- The lengths of the holds do not need to be as long as the sound it layers—as long as a hold is present, anybody playing your file can pick up what it goes to instantaneously. Shorten the lengths by way more than half the current length would be my suggestion.
- Overall, well layered. I strongly encourage to take the above notes into consideration to make the file stronger, but this chart is acceptable as it is now. The easier chart on the other hand needs reworking. Until then...
Maybe

File queue is at 8 files. Rough start, but for the good.

@Bynary: You're pretty much at your limit for submissions, lol. If you plan on sending anymore files later, consult with me if you want a file to be replaced by something else. Depending on the submission flow later on, I may allow you one more file into the queue. Likewise, my own files aren't set in stone either—I'm bound to replace them later if I make something better, lol.

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)

Last edited by Gundam-Dude; 05-10-2012 at 08:30 PM..
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:01 PM   #48
Strum
FFR Player

Lmfao, ironically I thought the heavy chart was awful.
Strum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #49
rparty89
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude View Post
[b
Freedom Dive (rparty89)
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah. Until you make a **** ton of easier charts (and by easy I mean >>>>>EASY<<<<<) I'm probably not accepting this at the moment. Maybe when the pack's almost complete will I consider accepting this, like the previous pack's Maniera.
Maybe
LOL

I'll make 3 or 4 maybe 5 charts :P
EDIT: woohoo!
Old 05-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #50
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

why don't you find an easier song to step in general than Freedom Dive or Diavolo lmfao
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:38 PM   #51
sticklydude
r.i.p. tiny hippo
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to sticklydude

lets rename this to GD vs Bynary Fission minipack 8)

I'll see if I can find a decent song to step for this.
sticklydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:46 PM   #52
Gundam-Dude
`~`

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
why don't you find an easier song to step in general than Freedom Dive or Diavolo lmfao
listen to this man

Old 05-10-2012, 10:47 PM   #53
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

can I step diavolo
Old 05-10-2012, 10:57 PM   #54
Gundam-Dude
`~`

as long as rparty doesn't step it go ahead

Old 05-10-2012, 11:18 PM   #55
XxMidigamixX
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to XxMidigamixX Send a message via Skype™ to XxMidigamixX

Quote:
Devil May Cry 3 (Total Cover) (Midigami)
Medium
- Acceptable.
Hard
- Beat 87, make into a jump.
- Beat 111, make into a jump.
- Beat 144, make into a hand.
- Beat 164, make into a hand.
- Beat 199, make into a jump.
- Beat 223, make into a jump.
- Reconsider some hand usages and try to minimize them to only the obvious chords. I found a few sparse hands to be unnecessary and you should keep the jump to hand ratio to around 2:1
- Overall well layered but very underwhelming and boring, even for beginners. I suggest sending something else with all honesty, lol.
Maybe
I'll try to step something else lmao. I tried to give the file some "oomph" to it but oh well xP. zZzZ music is zZzZ music hehu

Old 05-11-2012, 02:08 AM   #56
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Activation Synthesis Theory (BynaryFission)
Yes

Divided By Three (BynaryFission)
Yes

SoC (BynaryFission)
Yes

Magewind (BynaryFission)
Yes

Quote:
@Bynary: You're pretty much at your limit for submissions, lol. If you plan on sending anymore files later, consult with me if you want a file to be replaced by something else. Depending on the submission flow later on, I may allow you one more file into the queue. Likewise, my own files aren't set in stone either—I'm bound to replace them later if I make something better, lol.
Haha, sure thing - my intention was to cap out at 4 so that's definitely cool. If you need that extra file, don't hesitate to ask - I've got plenty more in my folder and certainly would not mind having them sent as some of them have been languishing in there for years, rofl.

https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/tell-us-who-you-are-battle-tower-royale-character-creation-screen
Bynary Fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:15 AM   #57
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Quote:
Champion's Horizon (Route #26) (eiddiM)
Easier difficulties
- Alright for the most part except for the Medium chart which should be revamped according to the Hard chart's notes for more chart relevancy and consistency.
I don't mean to be rude or anything, but the medium chart is literally a watered down [Heavy] chart with minimal changes...

But thank you for the review / feedback, will try and put it to use.
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:45 AM   #58
rparty89
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
Quote:
listen to this man
tbh i have no idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers View Post
can I step diavolo
Quote:
as long as rparty doesn't step it go ahead
O.o lol
Old 05-11-2012, 06:48 AM   #59
kjwkjw
>w<
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Gotta step something for this...

Goodbye and good riddance, military service (February 23, 2015 ~ February 22, 2017)
Project Sekai 437 / Princess Connect! ReDive 265
kjwkjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:38 AM   #60
XxMidigamixX
FFR Player

Finishing Up:

Speed Highway (Power Sneakers) by Sonic Generations Sound Team
Burning in Fighting Spirit - Shunsuke Tsuchiya (If I don't become lazy with it LOL. been in my WIPs for eons lmfao)
Le Coeur Noir - Clonepa (that is if I don't become lazy with the file lmfao. Had it in my WIPs for months lol)
Rising Sun - Nemesis Theory (Collab)

will probably send those by either the end of the weekend or later on next week