Old 06-13-2008, 01:43 PM   #1
Corbin Wells
FFR Player

Default Something I am working on tirelessly

This little piece is not the beginning of my story but a rather important part of it because it explains the whole universe of my (What I hope to be SOON) animation sometime in the future. I hope by the end of my second college year to at least start working on a comic strip for this:

Corbin sat down quietly and listened as the Phoenix told him her story. He listened as she explained to him the role she had decided to play while here on earth, she told him of the beginnings of life and the mysterious illness that has befallen the god of time, Chronus. And she told him about the effects this has had on existence.
“I have been roaming the earth since it's birth. I was one of the first gods to be born after Chronus who, due to an unknown condition had fallen under a state of inanimateness. Chronus was in charge of time and kept it locked away within himself preventing the decay of things. With Chronus suddenly stricken by a strange illness time had been freed and has split our world into that of the mortals and immortals. This splitting of our worlds was recorded by your scientists as 'the big bang'. Because of time there are mortals, and mortals die. Because mortals die we needed a god to organize the dead and return them home. This task was given to Anubis.
“Anubis, another Egyptian god, right?” Corbin asked.
“Yes.”
“So did Egypt have the right idea when it came to gods and stuff? Or is this something that all cultures have a hit and miss with?”
“No culture has been truly correct with their interpretations of the afterlife and gods, but a lot of them had some ideas because of things they have experienced. In Egypt for example, Anubis was discovered because he was usually around the deceased. Egyptians see him as 'the one who guides the dead.' And it was a good guess on their part. Other people for example, Jesus, was just on a quest for peace but people embellished his deeds and as a result birthed Christianity with him as god. But back to Chronus, none of us really understand what has happened to Chronus. Because of his shutting down, time has gone wild. Time is the only drawback with the creation of anything. We fear that if we cannot contain time, it will ruin all things mortal as well as us gods and soon everything will be nothing again.”

Corbin took a moment to absorb this thought then asked, “So while you and the other gods are dealing with trying to figure out what has happened to Chronus and how to deal with time, you figure you can just visit us earthlings in your free time. Right?”
“ We do as we please just like any other living creature. But we do take great pride and care in our responsibilities to those who have some form of involvement in our works.”
“I see. So tell me, what do you do on earth? Why do you hang around here so much?”
“I'm quite fascinated with your societies and the ways you handle certain situations. It's also a curious thing to see the wars you start and end. Not to mention there are just some truly amazing people that I have met in my life: Socrates, Niccolo Machiavelli, Plato, Aristotle, Jesus, Buddha and you Corbin.”
He tried to fight it but couldn't help but grin widely at being coupled with such people.
“What of me?”
“When you were a baby, you died of accidental poisoning, but I begged Anubis to allow me to restore your life, which he did. I felt something deep within you that I haven't felt in such a long time. You remind me a lot of Socrates, Nietzsche and many others. Although these people had very conflicting views, you have a very unique thought pattern that reminded me of earlier great thinkers. And I couldn't have been more correct. You almost flawlessly bend and shift your actions in ways that would fit almost any given scenario blending the ideas and beliefs of many great thinkers. I saw you and peered into your consciousness and saw a social genius. I couldn't let the world continue turning without first experiencing such a treasure.”

He lowered his head smiling shyly.

“So the religions of our world do have some truth to them after all, at least in terms of figures, but as far as the stories behind these figures go...?”
“The closest ones to truth were about Buddha's teachings and Anubis being a guide for the dead. Any other stories regarding Jesus as a god or any other figure are just false. All religions were formed because of experiences that people have had in the past that made them question their purposes in life as well as the origins.
Corbin accepted her explanation with a calm demeanor. He was drunk with many emotions. The first and most apparent was a feeling of calm but deeper still were thoughts of how heavy the knowledge given to him was. He almost felt obliged to have to uphold the responsibilities of a god. But he then asked himself, “Do I really put everything around me before myself? Are the choices I make really about finding what will be the highest good for all involved?”
“Yes” she replied. “You're a lot like those leaders who felt it necessary to teach others what they believe to know. And I know that you will stop at nothing to be sure that what you are doing is for the good of others and it is for this I find you to be a highly virtuous figure worthy of honor and respect.”
“So how many gods are there currently?”
“There are a little over two dozen gods. Some Greek, some Egyptian, some Asian.”
“What about wars and punishments and such?”
“Those are decided upon by the gods and dealt with when the offenders have reached their end.”
“I meant for supernatural enemies, do you have any?”
“Oh yes there are plenty of those. In fact there are a few roaming about this earth right now. I don't yet know their purposes. There are almost no limits to our worlds. And some constantly break the rules by interfering with the lives of you mortals.”
“So did you ever play body guard for us earthlings?”
“I do so often and have put certain threats in check. In fact I have a favor to ask of you?”
“You want me to protect the people, right?”
“Of course.”
“Fine. I guess it would be good for me considering I just forced my way into the mayors home, am now living here and whatnot. Not to mention I'm still grieving from the complete wipeout of my town.”
“I am aware you are still grieving and I will keep that in mind. But I want to thank you for your accepting my request.”
“I guess I don't have much to lose.”

download my sims now =3:
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...h=Corbin+Wells

FFR Furry, NYC
Corbin Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 01:51 PM   #2
arrekusuof93
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to arrekusuof93 Send a message via MSN to arrekusuof93 Send a message via Yahoo to arrekusuof93
Default Re: Something I am working on tirelessly

Sounds very interesting. Can we assume that Corbin will be made a God or something similar?
arrekusuof93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 02:44 PM   #3
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds

I think it would work better in comic form. Some people are expressive with their words, others are expressive with their pictures. Description doesn't seem to be your bag, really. It also sounds very similar to Neil Gaiman's "American Gods", which is about Norse Gods roaming around fighting modern Gods (Internet, Television, etc.)

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:14 PM   #4
Corbin Wells
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds View Post
I think it would work better in comic form. Some people are expressive with their words, others are expressive with their pictures. Description doesn't seem to be your bag, really. It also sounds very similar to Neil Gaiman's "American Gods", which is about Norse Gods roaming around fighting modern Gods (Internet, Television, etc.)

I used to be more descriptive but these are just really packed notes. It's something I really didn't want to forget so I just jammed it like a sloppy story. I do have a much more refined version in my head. This is just something to help me remember for a longer time and I thought it'd be good to share some.

download my sims now =3:
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...h=Corbin+Wells

FFR Furry, NYC
Corbin Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:25 PM   #5
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GamerShadow

Well, let me know when your refined version hits either the shelves, a thread on this forum, or wherever else it might appear. I am interested in reading something like this.