Old 02-27-2020, 12:21 AM   #1681
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
his move wasn't helpful as either alignment but that's just not the move that someone would do if they were on a team. an avoidable lynch is much more damning for wolves than for town, you know?

granted i'm not freezin and idk what he was really up to but ik as a wolf i wouldn't pull that shit
what you would normally do as a wolf has no bearing on what happened
that being said, what's stopping freezin, who was very much the vote majority leader, to not do something to spew clear on a random person? it's definitely a possibility. obviously we know he's town now, but we had no idea of truly knowing his alignment at that point in time

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
You and Round where preaching it.
I think there's more then a passing chance it was opportunistic

At this time he needs to be pressured because he has little to show for 2 phases, I just wish Haku's slot was gone because between the claim and Funny basically doing nothing but throwing a child's fit the slot really fucks with me wanting to entertain not voting it to the great ether
it was a hot opportunity. KITB was becoming a possibility if the three of them (Gradiant, funny, freezin) swapped onto DBP
funny/freezin are definitely not a team (thanks flip)

why didn't people really respond/engage to me yesterday about dabackpack? it seemed like only plop and gradiant were talking about it at some point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
did you end up believing any amount that you were going for possible scum here, or were you just voting for someone you thought was town because the dbp you had left wasn't going anywhere?
yes, I did believe dabackpack was scum at that point in time
I got cold feet from the CFD, and I wanted to have a viable vote this time since it was going to be pretty much 5-5 freezin/fg at that point in time and me having a random-ass vote on dabackpack was just stupid as hell. the CFD made me think something shady was going in with some potential partner relationship between fg/freezi/storn. freezi had voted storn, so that spew clear earlier thing felt like a possibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfuck42 View Post
As for teams, gradiant/angel/[round,raeko,dap,duk] or round/dap/[angel,raeko,duk,gradiant] is where I'm at.
me and backpack? the fuck are you on about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
not sure why I as a wolf here would be the only one up to this point to point out possible dbp/rb pairing if I'm also their teammate. Neither of them have really been possible lynch candidates aside from dbp last phase but I'm not really counting that shitshow of vote switches. With how game's gone so far, it'd certainly be way easier to just coast and keep throwing lynches on the people that have already been show to be easy to wagon rather than point out a pair based on a hard tinfoil.
people were floating me d1 (psycho/xiz), so it's not that far out of the realm of possibility

in the span of typing this post, I saw that backpack posted a ton of shit
sup
Old 02-27-2020, 12:28 AM   #1682
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post

yes, I did believe dabackpack was scum at that point in time
I got cold feet from the CFD, and I wanted to have a viable vote this time since it was going to be pretty much 5-5 freezin/fg at that point in time and me having a random-ass vote on dabackpack was just stupid as hell.
OH LOOK, he directly confessed to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
So this is a fun bit of maneuvering too, but it did exactly what needed to. It stole STORN'S and FREEZIN'S vote off of FG and on to me. That is the only thing that needed to happen to keep FG alive, and it allowed roundbox to move to freezin.

Funnygurl was posed to have 5 votes, which could have put her in KITB which was too risky. So Funnygurl moved her vote off of Freezin as a gamble, initially putting her at a +2/+1 lead on freezin, instead of +1/0. But she convinced Storn and Freezin to swap OFF of herself, bringing her to 0/-1, and when roundbox swapped back to freezin, it created -1/-2 against freezin, which guaranteed her survival.

There you go. Game is 2/3 solved
Quote:

There's a glaring contradiction here. Remember how roundbox originally was going to vote for me? And how he had me as scummy but somehow landed on freezinice.

If these two weren't paired together, wouldn't it make more sense for roundbox to vote for ME instead of for freezin? After all, his actual scumlean (me) is gaining traction in a CFD. Why swap to Freezin instead?

It's easy---- roundbox needed to guarantee that "somebody" that wasn't FG was going to get majority. By roundbox's own words "DBP should be the lynch", but his actions say "I can't take my vote away from Freezin because that puts FG at risk."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 02-27-2020, 12:28 AM   #1683
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Man I don't wanna just agree with DaBackPack by default because he's preaching what I want to hear

But that is a compelling argument.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 02-27-2020, 12:33 AM   #1684
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

@round I personally feel like me saying DBP should be solved after we see how he handles EoD and we resolve Haku's slot as engaging the topic, but I guess it wasn't what you wanted to hear

Old 02-27-2020, 12:34 AM   #1685
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Man I don't wanna just agree with DaBackPack by default because he's preaching what I want to hear

But that is a compelling argument.
The most important thing here is that FG needs to die today, period. My post train indicts roundbox as a FG partner and also serves to explain exactly what happened at EoD, but it isn't going to be perfect and you don't have to agree with every step in the process. A FG flip gives us crucial information and if she flips wolf then we can really dig in to what I wrote above to evaluate roundbox.

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 02-27-2020, 12:36 AM   #1686
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
There's a glaring contradiction here. Remember how roundbox originally was going to vote for me? And how he had me as scummy but somehow landed on freezinice.
yes, sure did bubaroo
this point is so laser-focused on EOD and ignores the interactions of the rest of the day, so you can rightly buzz off

see my most recent post on viable lynches at the time + voteswap bullshit; there was no real indication of ANYONE talking about you other than me for the entire day, minus plop/gradiant (other people either said nothing or mentioned it as a side thought)

Quote:
If these two weren't paired together, wouldn't it make more sense for roundbox to vote for ME instead of for freezin? After all, his actual scumlean (me) is gaining traction in a CFD. Why swap to Freezin instead?

It's easy---- roundbox needed to guarantee that "somebody" that wasn't FG was going to get majority. By roundbox's own words "DBP should be the lynch", but his actions say "I can't take my vote away from Freezin because that puts FG at risk."
as I mentioned, viable lynches + voteswap bullshit

I had a sour taste in my mouth on freezin after his reentry before the first EOD and jumping right back into bolth
I gave a vote on him the next day to apply pressure to ask him for more, and lar and haku jumped on it in that order
I found some greasy shit he did during the first EOD (along with some other people) as well as you
I floated both of you as potential scum/lynch opportunities (see post 1078)

maybe if you read more than EOD you would understand the context of my vote, rather than, once again, force some fake bullshit on me that completely ignores the context of the whole phase
Old 02-27-2020, 12:38 AM   #1687
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
The most important thing here is that FG needs to die today, period. My post train indicts roundbox as a FG partner and also serves to explain exactly what happened at EoD, but it isn't going to be perfect and you don't have to agree with every step in the process. A FG flip gives us crucial information and if she flips wolf then we can really dig in to what I wrote above to evaluate roundbox.
Oh I've been preaching that slot needed to go for like 2 phases now.

But the pushback has been real af man. Shit, look at the mental gymnastics Plop had to do to justify Funny voting me. It's a goddamn mess in here.

Old 02-27-2020, 12:40 AM   #1688
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

I appreciate this Round v DBP debate so much gonna make dinner and read it from the sidelines

Old 02-27-2020, 12:43 AM   #1689
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
yes, sure did bubaroo
this point is so laser-focused on EOD and ignores the interactions of the rest of the day, so you can rightly buzz off

see my most recent post on viable lynches at the time + voteswap bullshit; there was no real indication of ANYONE talking about you other than me for the entire day, minus plop/gradiant (other people either said nothing or mentioned it as a side thought)

as I mentioned, viable lynches + voteswap bullshit

I had a sour taste in my mouth on freezin after his reentry before the first EOD and jumping right back into bolth
I gave a vote on him the next day to apply pressure to ask him for more, and lar and haku jumped on it in that order
I found some greasy shit he did during the first EOD (along with some other people) as well as you
I floated both of you as potential scum/lynch opportunities (see post 1078)

maybe if you read more than EOD you would understand the context of my vote, rather than, once again, force some fake bullshit on me that completely ignores the context of the whole phase
I don't doubt that you had freezin in your sights early on

I also don't doubt that you cast suspicion on me as well--- fypov, either lynch would be fine

but it is specifically THAT a wagon on me didn't happen that you chose Freezin as the lynch target. You said it yourself. This doesn't automatically exonerate you as town, though, since it is NAI by itself. The opposite world could have happened where DBP was the lynch instead of Freezin. We'd be in the same place, having the same discussion (well I guess freezin would)

what do you think about FG now?

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 02-27-2020, 12:44 AM   #1690
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
OH LOOK, he directly confessed to:
Quote:
hey at least we're mindmelding

and gradiant I'm just gonna vote freezin, I think going to a KITB is a silly idea
you're twisting this particular post out of context

see these two posts beforehand

Quote:
I'm not voting for fg/haku

freezin has made some opportunistic votes (psycho, xiz)
it's kinda fucking with my head now that he did that iso on haku

why is he putting that much work into believing a vote when he could just self-pres against the slot and be done? his stubbornness is also reminding me of the last FE mystery game where his stubbornness and bullheadedness really frustrated me. I see some minor parallels with that and how psychoangel is reacting

am I doing the same shit now with freezin as I did last phase with shadowgod
is this my life now
Quote:
I vote freezin over FG here even if I'm not feeling it
just stating my intentions
I indicated I was switching off of you way before gradiant responded to me saying that he might swap

b r u h
Old 02-27-2020, 12:45 AM   #1691
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

I need to sleep
I was up too late looking for dumb bullshit tickets (fuck airplanes btw)
I'll respond to lar/you tomorrow backpack
Old 02-27-2020, 12:46 AM   #1692
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

to quickly respond: I haven't been too impressed with fg's posting this phase

most of my read on her, if not all of it beforehand, came from haku
Old 02-27-2020, 12:46 AM   #1693
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

ok bye
Old 02-27-2020, 12:46 AM   #1694
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

TL;DR you could literally have swapped Freezin and me and things would have gone comparably. I'm not indicting you for not having a scumlean on Freezin, it's more that all of your actions in the last 20 mins of the phase enable FG to survive like she did.

There's a possibility you're town and you really believed what you said and just so happened to serve as FG's pawn in the above fashion, but that's why you're not in the spotlight (yet). FG needs to be resolved before you get lynched.

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 02-27-2020, 12:53 AM   #1695
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
you're twisting this particular post out of context

see these two posts beforehand

I indicated I was switching off of you way before gradiant responded to me saying that he might swap

b r u h
None of this changes anything, the situation is the same regardless of when you hinted these things

The things that matter are

you had both me and Freezin as wolves

your actual SWAP to freezin occurred AFTER Funnygurl voted me

the reason it was Freezin is because Freezin was "winning" against FG

you brought up the CFD/Funnygurl KitB as a reason why you didn't vote me

---the EoD plays out the same

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 02-27-2020, 12:54 AM   #1696
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
to quickly respond: I haven't been too impressed with fg's posting this phase

most of my read on her, if not all of it beforehand, came from haku
then I'm going to force you to evaluate the FG slot this phase, in a more holistic sense

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 02-27-2020, 01:00 AM   #1697
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

I'll admit I was wrong about Haku. I guess in the end they decided that committing to the claim was bad for the long-term, despite Haku's general playstyle

From a wagonomics perspective yesterday's EoD doesn't happen without wolf intervention. The most obvious choice is that this was a defensive maneuver. If town is lynching T/T, the wolves sit back and let it happen. The only time I have ever fucked with a T/T wagon as a wolf is in my first champs game, when I pretended to defend a wolf partner by starting a new wagon, so when that person flipped green later, I was clear.

That is a process that I had to set up an entire day in advance though, not one that you can tie together in the last 30 minutes of the phase without looking crooked

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 02-27-2020, 01:06 AM   #1698
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

by "T/T wagon" I mean "both leading wagons were towns" btw

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 02-27-2020, 01:08 AM   #1699
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Regardless of all that.

Resolve the counterwagon when a wagon flips town. Almost always. That shouldn't be a controversial opinion.

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 02-27-2020, 01:31 AM   #1700
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

DBP you got time to read Duk3 and Plop this phase and give me thoughts?

Closed Thread