Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events > Tournaments

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2010, 07:56 PM   #1
Sprite-
HAVE ME WITH VODKA
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Sprite's Super Speedmodless Avmiss Showdown - Results

To celebrate FFR's revival, I am going to hold a classic retro FFR tournament. This tournament will use one of the first FFR engines, before speedmods were added or average misses were fixed.

*Signups will end on October 26th.

Rules

This tournament MUST be played from this link:
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...erwayTourn.swf

Using any other link will result in at least disqualification.
I recommend that you download FFR Keymap, since this version of the swf does not allow custom keymapping.

If, for some reason, you cannot get FFR Keymap to work, I have compiled an autohotkey script that will remap your arrow keys to askl.

When the first round of the tournament starts and with each new round after that, I will announce the new song. Your goal is to get and submit the highest score you can get on the round's song. Scores will be based on total score.

- Each round will be one day long, and there will be a total of 10 rounds.

- There will be no eliminations. Players will earn points for each round. Points will be calculated as such:
N players
1st place receives N points
2nd place receives N-1 points
3rd place receives N-2 points, and so on.

- If you do not submit a score by the end of the round, you will receive 0 points for that round.

- There will be only one division. Since there is no way to accurately divide people into divisions based on skill level using 1x and average-misses, this is how I have decided to do it.

- No cheating, obviously. This includes but is not limited to using a different engine, not using the correct link, etc.
- Cheating by signing up with more than one account will result in a ban from the site for any amount of time based on what mood I am in when I find out. If, for some reason, I don't find out until the end of the tournament, I will then take away twice as many credits as you were supposed to win, instead of awarding them to you. I really hate cheating.

Prizes

-Prizes will be done a little differently than usual. The total number of points that you have accumulated by the end of the tournament will determine the amount of credits that you receive.
The formula for credits will be [Total Points * 500].
For example, if you accumulate 300 points by the end of the tournament, you will win 150,000 credits.
So, everybody who participates gets credits!

Submissions

- Submissions must either be posted in this thread, or sent to me via private message.
- Submissions will be in the form of screenshots. There are strict rules regarding the way the screenshot should be taken.

An example of an acceptable screeenshot:

Standalone:

- includes the username, and member count as a form of timestamp.
- this method is recommended since it is known to minimize lag, especially when using the Flash 9 version. Here is the link for Windows, and the link for Mac. I'm not too sure how it works on Mac, but in order to use a standalone on Windows, you must be logged into Internet Explorer (Remember me checked) first for it to log you into the standalone.

FFR site:

- includes the username, and date/time for the time-stamp. PLEASE, if you have a large image - resize it.
- URL MUST be shown in this type of screenshot. It must say http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/ffrndanotherwayTourn.swf

- Also, the score must have recorded, meaning that your high score, best rank, current rank and FFR best score on the song should show in the swf. If it doesn't record, then unfortunately I cannot accept it.

- Remember, every person that you pass = 500 credits!

If there is anything I have forgotten, please let me know. Good luck and have fun!

Last edited by Sprite-; 11-8-2010 at 09:40 AM..