OrganisM
FFR Player

Default Re: Fasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafandriel View Post
im already skinny enough, haha, that won't help cleanse the mind

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fasting
Quote:
Glucose is the body's primary fuel source and is essential for the brain's functioning. When denied glucose for more than 4-8 hours, the body will turn to the liver for glycogen, a storage form of glucose, to be used for fuel. A process called glycogenolysis converts glycogen into a usable form of fuel. At this point, the body will also use small amounts of protein to supplement this fuel. This fuel will last for up to 12 hours before the body needs to turn to muscle stores of glycogen, lasting for a few more days. If glucose is still denied at this point, muscle wasting is prevented by temporarily switching to fat as the fuel source, meaning fat is converted into ketone through catabolism. Ketones, while not sugars, are able to be used by the brain as a fuel source as long as glucose is denied.
As a byproduct of metabolism, some toxins are captured in adipose tissue. During fat catabolism these toxins are released into the blood stream[1] and present the body with a second challenge for their elimination. The body will continue to use fat for as long as there is fat to consume. The body will generally indicate to the faster when fat levels are running extremely low (less than 7% of bodyweight for males 10% for females) with an increased urge for food. Fasts are usually broken long before this point. If the fast is not broken, starvation will begin to occur, as the body begins to use protein for fuel. Death can occur if fasting is pursued to the point of complete starvation.

Thanks for the link.

Originally Posted by jewpinthethird[link]:
"If you get stung by enough bees you turn into a bee,
because the venom gets into the blood stream which
spreads bee DNA throughout your entire body...
changing your genetic structure into a bee's.

Every year roughly 125 people in America are turned into bees this way."

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:
"Do you basically bukkake-paint your walls every time you jack it?"

Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz[link]:
"My pity-sex depreciates at a rate of 5% annually."
Old 03-7-2009, 02:46 PM   #22
passivegirl
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Doesn't religion repeatedly state that your body is a temple? So... Completely depriving yourself of necessary nutrition sounded like a fantastic method of worshipping how?

I agree with foil -- fasting FFR, or just banning the Internet entirely during that time, would have been a much better route.

Old 03-7-2009, 02:48 PM   #23
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Yes, I have found enlightenment. Fasting is a lot like the string around your finger. You do it because you want to have a constant reminder of something. In my life, that thing is trying to get my life back in order. I am constantly hungry, right? So when im hungry, I'm consciously thinking about the reason im hungry. Giving a large percentage of my attention over this period of time to trying to change myself. To find out what I like about me, what I don't like about me. To just - change -

Like Organism said, to each their own
Sure, to each their own, but I don't think you understand how ridiculous this sounds from an outside perspective.

Quote:
I am constantly hungry, right? So when im hungry, I'm consciously thinking about the reason im hungry. Giving a large percentage of my attention over this period of time to trying to change myself.
Where is the connection here? How the hell did you make it? Because the logic is escaping me here. Maybe it's your sentence structure or something, but I'm confused. I think only in a nutrition deprived state could you make some bizarre conclusion like this. Instead of eating...you're thinking about eating...and all of the sudden you're thinking about changing yourself?

Last edited by foilman8805; 03-7-2009 at 02:50 PM..
Old 03-7-2009, 02:49 PM   #24
[Falcata]
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Guys are dicks.
-_-

Try eating crackers. Jello too.
Old 03-7-2009, 02:50 PM   #25
robertsona
missa in h-moll
FFR Simfile Author

Thanks For Your Contribution To This Thread And Enjoy Your Stay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: hahaha he changed it gj bro
Old 03-7-2009, 02:51 PM   #26
gafandriel
All the world is at war
FFR Veteran

I don't think you understand the point of sacrifice , haha. It probably sounds crazy to you. But it's what I do. It's what millions of people world wide do.
Old 03-7-2009, 02:53 PM   #27
Phynx
I'm Forever
FFR Veteran

Fasting is destructive dude. Few reasons

1. Destroys cells. EVERY kind of cell, your brain starts shutting down and eliminating its own cells to allow for the remaining resources to be processed in the more dominant cells. Your blood cells diminish AND decrease in size therefore your body isn't getting the proper amount of nutrients and oxygen to the rest of your system. And skin, fasting speeds up aging. If you fast it causes your skin to "eat" itself by shedding skin cells faster. VERY destructive on the cellular level. DO NOT EVER FAST!

2. Mentality. You may "find" yourself in doing this because fasting for over 72 hours causes your mind to start into a state enduced only to help survival. The side effects of this are delusional behavior even though you may or may not be aware of it. It also causes your body to release certain chemicals in higher amounts(can't remember their names but they are vital to survival and if you use them up you can die) and if it releases them enough you WILL run out since your body isn't getting any intake to produce more of these chemicals. Also, your mind will begin to shut down the minor organs and systems of your body causing massive fatigue and a further destruction of your bodies tissue.

3. Shock. This is an effect that can happen both during and after fasting. Your body could go into shock and cause seizures if you are deprived for too long. ALSO, as for introducing food into your system again after so long, DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT eat more than a few ounces every 12 hours for the next few days. SLOWLY work your system back into the regular food cycle cause if you go eat like a ****in' triple whopper from burger king, your brain becomes confused by the sudden rush of intake that it can shut down your stomach and bowel systems, causing your body to not even take in the nutrients from the food you just ate. This is the shock after fasting effect. Also, I HIGHLY recommend nibbling, not eat, just barely snack on high protein snacks like jerky and high natural sugar snacks like various fruits.

Old 03-7-2009, 02:53 PM   #28
x After Dawn x
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I know somebody who hasn't eaten food in a week now (I don't know the specifics of anything, all I know is that she only drinks water). I think she's doing it for personal reasons as she won't tell me why, but it's stupid because if she's doing it to lose weight, she won't lose any weight in the long run.

P.S. Fasting is stupid. I don't care what religion you believe, fasting still harms your body and if you're at the point of starvation, you're taking things too far. I understand there is something called discipline, but there are other ways of achieving it without harming your body (as much, at least). You can't worship a god without your own body...
Drink for forget you are retard and this bring you more retard.
Just take nicotine patch lol

Last edited by x After Dawn x; 03-7-2009 at 02:56 PM..
Old 03-7-2009, 02:56 PM   #29
gafandriel
All the world is at war
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phynx View Post
Fasting is destructive dude. Few reasons

ALSO, as for introducing food into your system again after so long, DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT eat more than a few ounces every 12 hours for the next few days. SLOWLY work your system back into the regular food cycle cause if you go eat like a ****in' triple whopper from burger king, your brain becomes confused by the sudden rush of intake that it can shut down your stomach and bowel systems, causing your body to not even take in the nutrients from the food you just ate. This is the shock after fasting effect. Also, I HIGHLY recommend nibbling, not eat, just barely snack on high protein snacks like jerky and high natural sugar snacks like various fruits.
Thank you =-) See how easy that was?
Old 03-7-2009, 03:01 PM   #30
passivegirl
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Thank you =-) See how easy that was?
This is a forum. You made a post and we gave you responses. Please don't be so close-minded to what we've said here. Your blatant refusal to even consider our words is awfully detrimental to yourself.

Old 03-7-2009, 03:01 PM   #31
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
I don't think you understand the point of sacrifice , haha. It probably sounds crazy to you. But it's what I do. It's what millions of people world wide do.
I understand this type of 'cleansing' about as much as I understand 'ethnic cleansing', and 'religious cleansing'.

I suppose that these things are beyond my scope of understanding because they produce no real benefits, and while the latter two are certainly more destructive on a worldwide scale, the former is destructive to the individual seeking to 'cleanse' themselves.
Old 03-7-2009, 03:04 PM   #32
gafandriel
All the world is at war
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by passivegirl View Post
This is a forum. You made a post and we gave you responses. Please don't be so close-minded to what we've said here. Your blatant refusal to even consider our words is awfully detrimental to yourself.
I'm about as open to considering your words as you are to considering mine.
Old 03-7-2009, 03:07 PM   #33
OrganisM
FFR Player

Sacrifice in the name of sacrifice based on a conjecture that deprivation cleanses you..?

Hmm.

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:

Old 03-7-2009, 03:13 PM   #34
Phynx
I'm Forever
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by passivegirl View Post
Lol you're alive on FFR what?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foilman8805 View Post
I understand this type of 'cleansing' about as much as I understand 'ethnic cleansing', and 'religious cleansing'.

I suppose that these things are beyond my scope of understanding because they produce no real benefits, and while the latter two are certainly more destructive on a worldwide scale, the former is destructive to the individual seeking to 'cleanse' themselves.
Agreed 110% with Foil here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganisM View Post
Sacrifice in the name of sacrifice based on a conjecture that deprivation cleanses you..?

Hmm.
LOLLLLL

Old 03-7-2009, 03:21 PM   #35
Phynx
I'm Forever
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KgZ View Post
you have no idea how wrong this is

I would suggest eating light foods, drink plenty of water, and a decent amount of protein.

Don't eat alot of acidy or greasy foods yet until you body adjusts again.
Basically what I said. Also, if you've deprived yourself of water as well, even in small amounts but still did drink less, DO NOT drink "plenty" of water. It could cause your body to think it needs all this water and will store it all without releasing any in your waste systems and a common problem with many athletes who just drink way too much, your cells store too much water and effectively burst.

And your lungs can fill up and you can drown in your own fluids.

tl;dr

Okay I'm done providing info from my highschool AP health class ****...

Old 03-7-2009, 03:22 PM   #36
robertsona
missa in h-moll
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phynx View Post
AP
omfg...........

also yeah what i said before was wrong as hell rofl idk why i said it ??????
Old 03-7-2009, 03:31 PM   #37
Phynx
I'm Forever
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsona View Post
omfg...........

also yeah what i said before was wrong as hell rofl idk why i said it ??????
If I think I understand what you're trying to do, then lol. Robert needs to get off its highchair.

Old 03-7-2009, 03:33 PM   #38
OrganisM
FFR Player

I believe the best response in this context is, "no, u"...

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:

Old 03-7-2009, 03:33 PM   #39
robertsona
missa in h-moll
FFR Simfile Author

Wait what?

Seriously speaking though, I think I did it for the sake of argument; what with the "Why post this on FFR?" etc.

I actually don't really have a problem with this duder fasting for his religion (even if I'm an atheist and would never fast for any reason really), unlike some people (hehe).
Although I do think fasting's kind of a bad idea.

:dead thread:
Old 03-7-2009, 03:36 PM   #40
Phynx
I'm Forever
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganisM View Post
I believe the best response in this context is, "no, u"...
Yeah I'm confused. Lol Anyway, I gave advice. Fasting has no beneficial attributes at all. Sacrificing health for religious atonement is much like a double negative, or better a paradox in a sense. Lol.... monks who set themselves on fire in protest... stuff never makes any sense to me...

Closed Thread