Old 07-21-2007, 05:33 PM   #21
sjoecool1991
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: whats better,ps3 or the nintendo wii

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeyjake7 View Post
okay better for the money = wii more money for awesome features=ps3
i have a ps3 and it rocks. but i think the wii is just as good so idk what to choose but just because i have one i'll go with ps3. another thing that is bad about the wii is: WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY! THERE IS I THINK A BIGGER SHORTAGE OF WIIS THAN PS3s! I SAW LITERALLY 20 PS3s STACKED UP AT MY LOCAL BEST BUY!
There are only 2 features PS3 has over the Wii, and that is Blu-ray, and graphics.
Wii is more fun, and there are already a bunch of good games one it.
PS3 has no good games so far, I have tried them all, they are really good looking, but game play wise, they are not that fun.

Elebits for Wii is one of the most fun games I have ever played, mostly because you can interact with basically everything.

PS: I also have an Xbox 360.
I will never get a PS3 even if I get enough money.
sjoecool1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 08:44 AM   #22
Chief0678
FFR Player

Location: Planet Earth, beating up all of the Covenant forces
Send a message via Yahoo to Chief0678

Well, I think the Wii is better due to the fact it isn't such a high price and because it's more fun to play with it. It's cool playing a system that has a unique controller.
Chief0678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 08:45 AM   #23
gattsta
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

wii is better then ps3, it is amazingly fun, and ps3 cost wayyy to much like cheif0678 said, and the wii graphics arent as perfect as ps3 but still pretty damn good =), wii's rock
gattsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 08:52 AM   #24
fido123
FFR Player

I think the PS3 is the superior system. It has better graphics and is of higher quality. The Wii is pretty sweet but the novelty wears off, my friend has one and after two months he found the remote really annoying. He even bought a new game for it and it didn't help. The graphics also have no advancement, they are still Gamecube quality. Also I know the PS3 doesn't have many games but that's because the release date was actually support to be THIS September and most games won't start coming out until then or Winter. They released it earlier so people wouldn't already have bought there system but sadly the price would still be the same as they are hardly making enough profit as it is.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:25 AM   #25
toxicninja
FFR Player

i prefer my ps3 at the moment. wii's novelty wore off and it needs more in depth games now i've beaten zelda.
toxicninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:51 AM   #26
devilsdeviousdancer
FFR Player

they both have their ups and downs, i happen to own a wii, got it a a week or so ago, it's alot of fun, its a great party thing, problem is it only comes with one controller and to get a new controller it's like $45 to get the main controller and like $25 for the nunchuck.. so $70 for one controller like what the heck. and yes before i get flamed i know it's the whole thing about being able to register the movement and everything but still $70 bucks holy crap! yes the graphics aren't great on the Wii but i've found gameplay is pretty good for the games i've played, though wii sports get's tedious and annoyingly repetative and everything, but good stress releiver, punching Mii's is alot of fun. I haven't ever played PS3 but some friends have said it's good others have said it's not, so i dont' know what to tell you for the PS3. Though all my friends who have come over to my house and played the wii want to trade in some of their older systems and games etc. and get a wii. but yes after a while the novelty of the wii wears off... but really doesn't that happen with all gaming systems? the gamecube came out and people were like woo gamecube and youg ot it and played it for a few weeks/months and then you were like i don't want to play it anymore, it's happened to me multiple times. and it's starting to happen to me with the wii now to.
Edit: and the wrist straps, well in the games i've played including sports there is no need to let go of the controller, even so i've let it slip out of my hand accidentally during bowling and tennis and such and i've never had the cord break on me or anything. ok i know some people have really hard swings and all but seriously just have a good grip on the controller and all is fine.

Last edited by devilsdeviousdancer; 07-25-2007 at 12:15 PM.. Reason: forgot something oops
devilsdeviousdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:21 PM   #27
Tibs
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Tibs

Both systems are aimed at completely different audiences. Anyone who tries to imply either is superior is a fucking moron.
Tibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:34 PM   #28
buttonmasher0
FFR Player

i would pick the Wii except for the fact that while the Wii is maxing out it's potential PS3 hasn't even been used to 30% of what it can do which implies that its not the PS3 but rather the game makers that make the PS3 look bad, for example if Halo 3, Resistence, Gears of War, Devil May Cry 4, and other games(i could go on) all came out on the PS3 the PS3 would own, if they all would have came out for the 360 the 360 would've owned and if they would've came out for the Wii the Wii wouldn't owned, it's all a matter of perspective.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:43 PM   #29
Shamo0
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Shamo0

The Wii lacks in potential and depth. I just don't see a point in owning one other than Super Smash Brothers Brawl. It's going to be like the DS, weird games like cooking mama and WiiFitness that no one gives a **** about.

The PS3 has power, functionality and potential. Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy 13, Heavenly Sword, Killzone 2(which actually lived up to the trailer), Unreal Tournament 3 with MOD SUPPORT on a console. Get real. Yea the PS3 is expensive but it's not overpriced. It's totally worth the value if you plan to invest in it.

Not only that, but Nintendo sucks and will always suck in the online compartment compared to the Sony and Microsoft.

Nintendo Network ID: BigBadShamoo
Shamo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:54 PM   #30
nintendorules
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamo0 View Post
The Wii lacks in potential and depth. I just don't see a point in owning one other than Super Smash Brothers Brawl. It's going to be like the DS, weird games like cooking mama and WiiFitness that no one gives a **** about.

The PS3 has power, functionality and potential. Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy 13, Heavenly Sword, Killzone 2(which actually lived up to the trailer), Unreal Tournament 3 with MOD SUPPORT on a console. Get real. Yea the PS3 is expensive but it's not overpriced. It's totally worth the value if you plan to invest in it.

Not only that, but Nintendo sucks and will always suck in the online compartment compared to the Sony and Microsoft.
WiiFit board detects your entire body motion.
Those games listed are all sequals exept for one i see.
Who cares about online if the online games suck?
BTW page one was in january.
nintendorules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:15 PM   #31
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Wii Fit was made because literally tons of people were asking Nintendo to make a game similar to Wii Sports that helped people lose weight and have fun at the same time.

I don't think you understand what you're saying. You claim that NOBODY wants Wii Fit or Cooking Mama or "crap like that". If that were the case, then the developers simply would not make those games.

Fact of the matter is, people DO want those games. More people than those who want Generic RPG 13 or PS3-port-of-Good-PC-Games #12908. Those games you mentioned above... how many people do you reckon will enjoy it? I'd wager to say only people in the 16-24 Male demographic. Do you know how limiting that is, when a Wii game is marketed for... 6-100 genderless demographics?

Geez man. My mom is like 60 years old. Do you think she'd be caught playing KILLZONE TWO with all of her clanmates over PS3? Or, do you think she'd be interested in a fun game that keeps her healthy when she can't go out walking in the Winter?

PS - I'm in the 16-24 Male demographic. Not interested in FF13, not interested in MGS4, not interested in DMC4, not interested in Killzone, not interested in Heavenly Sword. I am interested in Unreal Tournament 3 for the system it was designed for: the PC. I also want Cooking Mama because the DS game was pretty sweet. I don't limit myself to BLOOD GORE KILLING YES THIS IS WHAT MAKES A GAME.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:46 PM   #32
Shamo0
FFR Player

I honestly don't care if your mom or my mom doesn't enjoy playing Killzone or any other traditional game for that matter because to simply put it, not all games are for everyone.

I just don't see the justification in purchasing a 40$ wii game when you can completely blow thru it in one day. It's sickening, and it's only going to create lazy developers that feed off the mainstreamers stupidity. Sorry If I support games that actually are worth supporting and move technology forward. Such as Unreal Tournament 3 and Final Fantasy 13 where billions of dollars are put into various graphics departments and orchestral outlets. That is something I want to support, something that strives for success.

Games like Cooking Mama and WiiPlay are going to saturate the market till it's impossible to find a quality game. Nintendo has been deviant from traditional games ever since they were getting there butts handed to them on a silver platter since the days of the N64.

Yes, I respect that everyone likes different games. But this is just going to continue a downward spiral for the videogame business as a whole. Where success in creating a successful game that sells well is achieved in devoting a game purely to the non gamers than in actual dedication and work ethic from developers.

I'll support Cooking Mama when it actually let's you create your own foods, then afterwards shows all the nutrional facts afterwards. This at least helps someone somehow in the world and also provides enjoyment to players.

Graphic Intensive games also help in more ways than only providing quality gaming. It greatly pushes technology forward which is always a good thing. An example is the PS3's cell processor that is so fast it's actually a extremely valuable component in helping researchers to tackle more difficult problems and solve existing research faster by using the Folding@home technology. The power of the PS3 is being used to figure out ways to cure or slow down cancer while at the same time providing a great experience in terms of quality gaming and fun.

And yes I realize that somebody wants these games obvisouly, the price just doesn't jusitfy what it's doing though.

Old 07-25-2007, 02:48 PM   #33
customstuff
♥C.S. + A.M.♥
FFR Veteran

It's just an opinion...but in my opinion, I'd want a ps3, the wii is fun because of the motion sensor thing but that's about it...the ps3 has good graphics and will be able to have more games...the wii is a better deal but the ps3 is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic5239 View Post
Placements are final, custom will not be moved to D6, just because he is good at jacks, and mediocre at just about every other FMO in the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by customstuff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic5239 View Post
welcome to D6

start playing
customstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:52 PM   #34
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Then... don't buy games you can finish in one day?

There are a ton of them, though. And not on Wii. God of War? 10 hours. Devil May Cry? 15. Katamari Damacy was like 6.

Don't just downplay a game based on its overall completion time. Wii isn't the home of them. It's just how they're made.

But just so you know, I have 100 hours on Elebits and I still haven't 100% completed it. I have 75 on Trauma Center and I'm working on 100% on that as well. 30 on Super Monkey Ball and I'm not even close to unlocking everything. 40 on Zelda and it's done. 20 on WarioWare and it's done. 30 on Super Paper Mario and, again, not even close.

Regardless, I don't know why you blame Nintendo for a game that Majesco made.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:00 PM   #35
buttonmasher0
FFR Player

In reality people don't buy gaming consoles for what they have, they buy them for the games they play which is why the consoles have different audiences, if the PS3 didn't have killzone or FF or other good titles then be assured it would be abandoned on a Ebgames shelf or sold for its parts.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:15 PM   #36
Shamo0
FFR Player

Yes I know not not to buy low quality games. But the problem is that the majority of people don't. Which is why it's going to have a negative effect on fans and existing games that made the gaming industry what it is today.

I'm not blaming Nintendo in any way. Nintendo simply makes a device. If I were to blame Nintendo it'd be just as stupid as blaming gunsmiths for gun related crimes. I blame the developers that are going to take advantage of everyday consumers. And majority of those games are going to be on the Wii and DS simply because they just work on those platforms control wise.

Old 07-25-2007, 03:21 PM   #37
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

But that's been happening for years.

Anyway, who's to say it's a bad thing? I see people buying crappy games all the time. They're called sports games. I'm not going to go out of my way to stop them from purchasing them. That's what they want, so let them have it.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:42 PM   #38
Shamo0
FFR Player

Just because it's been happening for years doesn't necessarily make it a good thing or that it should continue.

Of course you're not going to stop people from getting what they want, it's a free country(depending on location :P). Just like I'm not going to tell lazy developers to stop swindling money. It's freedom of speech for them, I mean I could say something but it would just contradict everything. The best I can do is simply be used as an aid if people want my opinion.

I'm just trying to move everything forward and save people money and telling whoever wants to listen where to get the most bang for their buck.

It is a bad thing though when developers aren't imaginative and simply want a cash in. We just don't need more E.T. quality games.

Last edited by Shamo0; 07-25-2007 at 03:45 PM..
Old 07-25-2007, 03:50 PM   #39
OnixRose
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I have both and although I'm a nintendo fanboy I love playing resistance online but right now there are no really good games that I like playing on the ps3 besides resistance and nintendo will/has come out with some great titles for the wii (zelda, metroid prime 3!) so right now my vote is for the wii but when the ps3 starts getting better games I think it'll be even more amazing, but if the wii gets good 3rd party support it may be a hard consol to beat.
ps. I use no punctuation
ps. http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...75504838642038

1000% supporter of FFR character additions
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonid View Post
FFR should implement a form of CAPTCHA that filters out not only spambots but also retards.
OnixRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:14 PM   #40
bmxant
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to bmxant

360 :P
bmxant is offline   Reply With Quote