Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2013, 06:01 PM   #81
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10
Default Re: ODIPack3 Released! Download inside

Okay IT'S REVIEW TIME

Aegis: Umm...I dunno if anyone had this issue but some parts were WAAAYYYY offsync. I had to go in and fix it for 3.95 Lowered a few stops and stuff and now it's good. will edit this post when I play it

EDIT: Holy shit those streams were fun as fuck, You balanced out hand stream and jumpstream very well, the 32nds were fucking AWESOME too. The offsync of the file was probably something you couldn't have known so I won't hold that against you 8/10

Apocynthion Drive: This file raped my fingers...those 24th bursts ate me alive lmfao. Quite a song though, the steps flowed beautifully even though they raped me! good job dude! 8/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you

Last edited by Shadow_God_10; 05-26-2013 at 06:33 PM..
Shadow_God_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:03 PM   #82
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Reviews: (same scale as FFRCP4)

Requien for a Team - fun and solid. song gets grating after a while but that's just personal opinion 8/10

Wooly Mammoth Stomp - I saw nero's day etc and I thought I would kill myself, but it turned out to be really fun. 7.5/10

Space is Key - really hard what the hell lol. patterns are just, uh, patterns I guess 7/10

asdfmovie6 Song - super fun actually, didn't expect that. patterns are super solid 8.5/10

Die Winnipeg Die Die Die Fuckers Die - nothing too special, patterns flow ok. 7.5/10

(i wanna give you) Devotion - not a fan of the polyrhythms here but otherwise kinda fun 7.5/10

HAERETICUS - what the heck this is hard. I don't find the rhythms in this song particularly fun to play, but there are fun sections 7/10

Salieri Strikes Back - really fun ride all the way through to the coda, with extended solo sections <3 8.5/10

Fatal Tragedy - solos everywhere ahhhhhhhh 8.5/10

In the Name of God - the only critique that I can really say apart from it being frickin awesome is that I would've liked to see more dissonant patterns to compliment dissonant melodies, which would made the whole thing come to life 9/10

Insect Digestion Melancholy - done really well, but song is weird as hell 8/10

Jordan - really insane chart to go with a pretty cool song, but once again dissonant patterns would've made some sections a lot more vivid 8.5/10

Lawn Wake II - fun, took advantage of a lot of the things in this song 8/10

MarioStep - not too sure about the polyrhythms but overall not too bad 7/10

Five Regrets - almost flawless 8.5/10

Howling - solid. got a few cool tricks in here 8/10

Innocent Walls - flows well, jacks are fun, chart follows the percussion very clearly 8/10

New Lights - really beautiful implementation of the effects into the chart, though the end feels a bit empty 8/10

Red Nikita - unfortunately disagreed with a lot of stuff in this chart 7/10

Autoprocess - short and sweet 7.5/10

karmafied, blue rose, kona-yta, plasmatextor - all mine

Don't Say Anything -

Narcolepsy - sweet. 8/10

Sports! - Sports! 8/10

Dishevel - glitchy with lots of fun varied rhythms and patterns 8.5/10

Earthquake - pretty damn cool 7.5/10

Toki - beautiful manipulation of textures, simple and effective, generally superb. only complaint is that the difficulty spikes at the end, making it difficult for less skilled players to enjoy this 8.5/10

Echo of Forever - sweet and funky, though a few patterns here and there are hilarious 8/10

Fallen World - first dragonforce chart I enjoyed. only complaint is the pretty significant difficulty inconsistency of the beginning and end 8/10

fffff - some technical quirks, but otherwise a fun chart 7/10

Bambous - it's got quite a lot of special tricks which fit the textures of the song really well, and while the swing naturally makes it groovy, it's made even more so by the patterns 8.5/10

Contact - very strong grasp on the percussion focus, and somehow it works well throughout the entire song 8/10

Swing Set - absolutely beautiful. from the pattern choices to the color theory, everything about this was done right and done well 9/10

Nth degree - welp karma-fied just got knocked out of the water 9.5/10

SIN - interesting take. much more percussion-focused than other versions that I've played, but I think towards the end it might be a bit overdone 7.5/10

TO BE FINISHED

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music

Last edited by stargroup100; 05-27-2013 at 08:47 PM..
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:13 PM   #83
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to FissionMailed1

I had to quit out of Fallen World Oni mid-play...

...to say it is easily one of my favorite files in the pack. Holy fuck, it's so fun to play. Absolutely phenomenal chart, Nick.

YOUR THROBBING MULTIFARIOUS LUSTFUL DESIRES ARE COMPLETED N YOUR HYPER-ORANGE SELF, YOU MAKE ME LOVE AGAIN, YOU'VE CHANGED MY HEART, MY MELANCHOLIA DISAPPEARS WHEN YOU ARE INSIDE OF ME, MY HUMAN RAGE IS TEMPERED WHEN I AM INSIDE YOU, THE SECRET IS COMMUNICATION, LONGEVITY, STAMINA, REPETITION, FURY, SOULFUL KISSING, EARPLUGS. YOU FUCKING CORPORATE COCKS AND CUNTS.

MY ANXIETY COMPLETE, MY DESIRE REPLETE, THE TASTE OF ORANGE BLOOD AND CUM AND GREENBACKS RUNNING DOWN MY FACE. THE STREETS WILL RUN ORANGE WITH YOUR MIXTURE OF CHEETOS AND HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLS REGURGITATED AND EATEN AND SHIT OUT AGAIN AND EATEN AGAIN.

YOU ARE MY SCULPTURE, MY SCULPTRA, MY SELF-DEFINITION. MY DEFINITION OF HUMANITY, MY HARMONY. MY HEART AND MY MIND.

YOU ARE SO ORANGE. SO CRUNCHY. SO CONSUMABLE.

THE NEW ORANGE UNDERGROUND IS THE ORANGE UP MY ASS. AND YOUR ASS.

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.
FissionMailed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:16 PM   #84
EzExZeRo7497
FFR Veteran

EzExZeRo7497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:21 PM   #85
BeatofIke
Forum User

Sweet! I'm so downloading this pack!
BeatofIke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #86
James May
FFR Player

reviews from captain slow zzz

Aegis (rparty vs. brent) - k...the file was offsync but nevermind that. to be honest I didn't find the file fun for my tastes but its a well made file so there isn't really much that I can complain on. gimmicks were a nice touch up to it.
Apocynthion Drive (Kommi's flamboyant vocaloid cousin) - oh god this file wasn't fun to play on x.x had to quit out iirc after the 337 bpm js. @_@
asdfmoviesong6 (alexdest) - fun file, flowed well, and I could just play this song endlessly <3
Autoprocess (cbr) - 10 cbr points has been awarded. just up my alley with jacks and shit. I demand more Eric. More <3
Bambous (wayward_cares973_vagabond) - you know how I feel about the file.
Battle! Team Plasma! Televisions (Patashoe) - gotta wipe that rust man. decent file but not one of your better files.
Bit Howl (rog vs. detri) - a+ collab file. would play again...and again...and again
Blue Rose (bufang) - couldn't play it because room started while I was preparing ice cream zzz
BSpower explosion (Mexican Sonic vs. GlovE) - This is what happens when you cram all the barn animals into one song. Also, this is 10% cows
Captain Murasa's Ketsu Anchor (gd) - Dammit Nazrin stop blocking the view
Chaotic White (moches) - easy mode korean file. not bad.
ge4ce (yoshl) -

will do more later zzz

James May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:34 PM   #87
Tarrik
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tarrik Send a message via Skype™ to Tarrik

Guess i'll stop Indexing to play this pack from how good it's being sounded out to be Lol
Tarrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:36 PM   #88
xNiX
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to xNiX

Empty Skydiving is terrible.
xNiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:38 PM   #89
Dj_Ossa
SMGroove

Send a message via Skype™ to Dj_Ossa

Just logged in on SMO and see nobody there... Is anybody having an online SMO party? stepmaniaonline.net server?
Old 05-26-2013, 06:39 PM   #90
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

There was one... but it kind of died and people are just playing by themselves, doho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:39 PM   #91
xNiX
FFR Player

Hosting another Odi3 party on SMO if anyone is interested.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:43 PM   #92
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to FissionMailed1

I'd like to thank AlexDest for some parts he stepped in Synaptic Plasticity. I didn't credit it as a collab because he didn't step as much as we had originally planned to.

It was rude of me to not acknowledge him in any way, so, I'm doing it now. Thanks Alex, and my apologies for not doing so beforehand.

YOUR THROBBING MULTIFARIOUS LUSTFUL DESIRES ARE COMPLETED N YOUR HYPER-ORANGE SELF, YOU MAKE ME LOVE AGAIN, YOU'VE CHANGED MY HEART, MY MELANCHOLIA DISAPPEARS WHEN YOU ARE INSIDE OF ME, MY HUMAN RAGE IS TEMPERED WHEN I AM INSIDE YOU, THE SECRET IS COMMUNICATION, LONGEVITY, STAMINA, REPETITION, FURY, SOULFUL KISSING, EARPLUGS. YOU FUCKING CORPORATE COCKS AND CUNTS.

MY ANXIETY COMPLETE, MY DESIRE REPLETE, THE TASTE OF ORANGE BLOOD AND CUM AND GREENBACKS RUNNING DOWN MY FACE. THE STREETS WILL RUN ORANGE WITH YOUR MIXTURE OF CHEETOS AND HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLS REGURGITATED AND EATEN AND SHIT OUT AGAIN AND EATEN AGAIN.

YOU ARE MY SCULPTURE, MY SCULPTRA, MY SELF-DEFINITION. MY DEFINITION OF HUMANITY, MY HARMONY. MY HEART AND MY MIND.

YOU ARE SO ORANGE. SO CRUNCHY. SO CONSUMABLE.

THE NEW ORANGE UNDERGROUND IS THE ORANGE UP MY ASS. AND YOUR ASS.

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.
FissionMailed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:49 PM   #93
DefTeaMachine
beatboxing ninja hobo

Pack's pretty good.

Just dont play my file.
DefTeaMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:50 PM   #94
xNiX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefTeaMachine View Post
Pack's pretty good.

Just dont play my file.
Just played yours. Holy shit.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #95
i love you
Live a wonderful life~
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

God damn it, I regret not finishing my file for this.
i love you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:54 PM   #96
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

asdfmovie6 song- I. LOVE. the way you did this file. I couldn't see any issues except...well..nothing. Nice file Alex. this is definitely on my replay list 10/10

Autoprocess- JACKS but this file was good, I can't speak for the song itself but you did it a fair amount of justice, some patterns flow a little awkwardly for me though 6/10

Bambous- Why does this song remind me of Ewoks trying to have sex? I LOOOVED the tapdancing shoes section, that was especially VERY well done. and the rest of the file flowed beautifully! you get -1 for the sexual ewoks xD 9/10

Battle! Team Plasma- This file was a little awkward for me, I could see the directions in which you wanted to go with it but then it's like you decided to go with something else, The patterns are great but somewhat scattered though. But I'll give you a bonus for a welcome back to SM 7/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Shadow_God_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:56 PM   #97
squeesfan
Ale Nerd
FFR Veteran

dowbnloooaaading! Won't play until tomorrow, but will probably go through the whole thing, then start indexing all posssible songs >

squeesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:56 PM   #98
Dynam0
The Dominator
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Aegis: (8/10)

Nice straightforward file. There was a sync issue near the beginning when I tested it so the whole song was off by a 4th or something but it had good flow and the mines were used well. Not extremely memorable though.

Apocynthion Drive: (8.25/10)

Most would rate this higher but it wasn't incredible imo. Freeze spam in the beginning was awkward as fuc. The 24th js at the end will ruin any good run you had going so I would've actually made this harder throughout believe it or not. There were some spots where constant js would work. If you're going to make a difficult file, make sure the difficulty is constant throughout unless you actually need to throw a break in lol
I'll probably say it somewhere later too but wtf are those blue freezes????? Probably not a good idea to put a long one of those while doing shit on the side...it's incredibly awkward lol

asdfmovie6 Song: (8.25/10)

Really didn't like the amount of holds in this. Aside from that the file is pretty basic but charted well. Although it's a little towards the easy js side, the pack needs files like these to make it more well-rounded

Autoprocess: (8.5/10)

Pretty tricky and heavy on the jumps/hands. I didn't feel too much connection here to the music since my focus was mainly on the patterns. Didn't really like the song, but the chart was aight.

Bambous: (8.75/10)

I really enjoyed this for the first half but it got a little stale by the end, although the little drum solo brought me back in for a bit. Great use of the freezes and mines early on, and add that to a pretty wacky sounding song and it makes the whole file very unique. This will be a great scoring file for MA players no doubt. Cool man gj

Battle! Team Plasma: (8.25/10)

Probably the lowest I've given to the harder files in the pack. It's not terrible at all and has replay/scoring value but there is really nothing too astonishing about the file other than it's overcharted on purpose . Patashu jump glut files ftw

Bit Howl: (8.5/10)

The beginning was great when the 16th js kicked in, nice build up to that. Not as strong in the ending and some patterns are a little awkward but I guess it is supposed to be difficult =)

Blue Rose: (8/10)

I think I still prefer Yesssss's chart only because it's the shorter version. The mini-jacks section is kinda neat but it's a really bland section leading up to it and doesn't make the file addicting...more of a "well lets try blue rose today and see if I don't eff up on a minijacks this time" file. The beginning was much better than the short version though!

BSpower explosion: (Heavy is basically oni with less jacks)

Oni (8.75/10)

This was really fun and is super good for scoring! The random animal noises are like lolwut tho, gj guys

Captain Murasa's Ass Anchor:

Heavy (9/10)

Holy shit that was fun! Mines were used really effectively and the patterns had great flow to them. Some little things that could be brought out stronger but I haven't tried oni yet so we'll see ^_^

Oni (9/10)

Just as fun and with some added mini-jacks and hands to spice it up. The part where the vocals are the focus has some neat bass drums going on that I think can be added but it might make that section too busy. Awesome jorb xD

Chaotic White: (8/10)

Pretty good file but on the boring side. The percussion is focused on a lot in the first half even though there is some piano going on that should prob be thrown in. Really nice when the synth comes in though.

Child Protective Services Theme Song: (Only reviewing highest diff)

Oni (8/10)

Was expecting a little more difficulty but it's still well done. Some of the pattern choices were a little funky but overall it was pretty fun.

Chronos: (8.75/10)

Whoa pretty trippy song, I liked it. The heavy part with the 32nd bits is really fun and although there are a lot of freezes, the patterns have a good flow to them and it isn't awkward for the most part. Fun! (Where are the difficult files tho?!)

CirnoRHTL: (8/10)

Well that certainly was trickier than most of the files so far. I liked the pace and the patterns were fun too! Would love to see an uber minefield oni chart though, this song would be perfect for that cuz of all the erratic changes and such.

Probably shouldn't be giving this a 9 but I had a blast playing this! The 48th bursts aren't traditional patterns really either so that's neat. Right when the song started to get a little stale, the swing part came in and that was awesome lol. Well balanced imo, gj

Crack in The Hourglass:

Heavy (9.5/10)

Not much you can do to make this better unless of course you add an oni chart that uses some jack theory....oh wai

Oni (9.49/10)

I actually find heavy a better file only because it doesn't need to have added jacks to make it fun. Still an incredible file, Glove never disappoints!!

Cyberstorm (DJKurara Remix): (9/10)* Bonus star cuz I played it twice in a row 8)

I am a sucker for difficult files and all I can say is SPEEEEEEEDCOOOOOOOOOOOREEEEEE!!! As fun and intense as that was, I would've made the first 'climax' part jumpgluts instead of single notes just to add that intensity. The ending with the streams was outrageously fun, I think you should've ended the file at that climax though but that's just me. Thyraxic Mole

Demonish Animal Appearance:

Heavy (9.25/10)

Goddamn, this file is so clean pattern-wise it's silly. I'm always impressed by how don chooses his patterns; never awkward and fun as hell. This is a solid ass file guys...and there's another chart too?

Oni (9/10)

I prefer the heavy chart to this overall but the guitar solo was a little nicer in this chart than the heavy. Both very solid charts but heavy is a touch trickier.

Dishevel: (8.5/10)

Pretty tricky but overall it's not too eventful. I will likely play this more though for sure (rofl nice constructive review)

Do It This Way: (8.5/10)

Pretty fun cuz swing and great for scoring. The mini-jacks make this easy to mess up on if you're an MA player so it's not ideal for scoring but w/e it's good! Too bad the song is like 2:31 long cuz it might be underplayed now since it has that L beside it

Don't Say Anything: (7.5/10)

Really just eh to me. It's got the difficulty in there but not a lot going on other than chugging along to the rhythm (lacks some subtleties).

Earthquake: (7.5/10)

This was just way off in spots (the guitars leading into the solo? ?). The percussion is so hard to hear over the cacophony of instruments that it's hard to justify charting this for a 4-key chart and making it predominantly follow the percussion. It was fun cuz difficult but I don't think this song can be made interesting in 4-key while being charted accurately lol

Eater Merry: (8.5/10) minus 80 stars cuz I whiteflagged sightread ffffffffffff

Very fun and solid file. Not much else to say since it's pretty cut and dry a well-rounded file.

Ehhen Doyadosu? Tengujiman:

Heavy/Oni (8/10)

This chart is well put together but I'm not a fan of the beginning stuff cuz it's a tad on the awkward pattern side. The really small mini-freezes were not necessary imo. The js is really fun though so nice job

Empty Skydiving: (5/10)
Generic js file that's super innaccurate....not sure how this got accepted tbh but meh =P

EndleSSStation: (9/10)

This was really cool! I'm in love with the song too! I normally dislike seeing even one mine but these were used in neat spots. I will be playing this more.

EOS: (7.5/10)

Nothing super interesting/incredible going on here. Some of the js doesn't match the breaks going on in the background sometimes. I will give this file a bonus cookie because it's quad-bait so gj for making a good scoring file :P

Fallen World: (8.75/10)

Pretty cool file, love love love dragonforce js files so +1 for that. Only 3 mins tho?

Fashion Queen: (7/10)

Felt really boring to me but it's a good file, I'm just masochistic lol. Got better towards the end though

Fatal Tragedy: (7.75/10)

Really tough to critique when I've been playing IamMe's chart for years now. Lotsa colour notes but it didn't feel like I was playing the guitar parts rhythmically. There's a bunch of questionable stuff going on here that I will touch on in later files but it's a fun file either way so I can't complain =)

fffff: (7/10)

Eh, seems like you converted the solo chart to 4-key, watered down the polyrhythms and added a few jumpgluts where there was chordstream. I thought it was boring tbh

Five Regrets: (Not trying lower diffs)

Heavy (7/10)

Well, when he started charting this bmah said, "fuck it, we'll ruin any chance of a quad right at the beginning. *123412341234123412341234* muahahaha that'll piss them off" Naw but truthfully this file is a snoozefest and there's a couple parts where the instrument that is being followed suddenly stops (some 24th piano notes missing near the end). Anyway, it'll be a fun quad to get then never playing again =P

ge4ce: (lol/10)

Dumb file that really shouldn't even be in the pack lol...maybe heavy but w/e that's being generous

GO! GO! MANIAC: (7.5/10)

Is it bad that I got so bored of the melody and wanted the drums to rip into a nasty solo? (They sound pretty awesome throughout the song, would've loved more emphasis on them). Now that would've made a cool file. This is just bland imo.

Gravestoned: (Didn't try heavy)

Oni (5.5/10)

Great song choice cuz Orange Dust <3 but man the patterns are just bad. The 48th bursts were pretty well all extremely tedious to do and a bunch of poopy parts make this a disaster for scoring. Work on patterning cuz you nailed the rhythmic aspect of it without question. I'm sure heavy is much more fluent

Guile of the Rime King: (8/10)

Pretty clean file. Song is cool and gets even more interesting towards the end with some of the tom drums and stuff; would've been cool to see some variation in the steps here too

HAERETICUS: (6.5/10)

Uhh...what were those 24ths going to? I can appreciate this from a difficulty stand-point and you certainly know how to pattern properly but the file is overcharted to say the least.

Howling:

Heavy/Edit (8.5/10)

This was pretty awesome. The minijacks were a nice touch and the colour notes going to the voice were great. This is an excellent file for scoring too, aside from being fun.

I Like Trains: (8.75/10)

Song made me lol. This was really fun and is as good as it gets when it comes to a scoring js file . Great patterns and consistency

I'll forget you, you'll never forget me: (8.5/10)

This surprised me, it was mega fun! The patterns are crisp and I like the jackiness (?) to it. Good difficulty for scoring too cuz quad-bait.

In The Name of God: (7.5/10)

Following the guitar on 0.1x music in the editor and getting weirdly spaced colour notes for the entirety of the file doesn't necessarily make it a work of art. It was pretty boring and it felt like I was just focusing on MAing the awkwardly spaced notes instead of feeling like I was playing the song, pretty much the same story as Fatal Tragedy. mi40 had a similar approach in Beyond Abilities from FFRCP4 but the pattern choice was more appropriate and thus there was more connection between the chart and the music. DukAmok's chart on this song is 24ths for the first part of the solo and then 32nd running men for the ascending part towards the end of the solo. Even though it is far less technically correct than this file, it feels much more appropriate while you're playing it. I guess it's just a matter of preference too here cuz I'm sure a lot of ppl will really enjoy it, it still is a replayable file at that. /rant

Innocent Walls: (8.5/10)

Pretty cool file with tons of jacktacularness. I thought the cut was perfect and the patterns were appropriate as well. Nothing mindblowing but a solid file nonetheless.

Insect Digestion Melancholy: (8.5/10)

Another file that's been stepped by IamMe . Well once again the amount of detail you go into is just too much. Even with my headphones on I can barely hear some of the sounds that are being played towards the beginning of the file; BUT, it's still fun and there are no annoying patterns. This is probably the best version of this file I've seen to date so gj! I would just try taking a more simple approach though because leaving sounds out is fine but hitting notes to things you can hardly make out is a whole other story.

Jack-the-Ripper: (8/10)

Neat song/file. The start is a bit slow but once the song picks up it's a very fun file. Not sure how it would be for scoring though but meh

Jordan: (8/10)

All the technical accuracy in the world is nothing without great patterning. I felt like there was little if any PR in the solos and if there was, it just didn't work well in this case. The triplet part in the very end was the same (though I appreciate you used freezes to show PR.) However, I felt like I was just doing 24ths (which is correct) but the syncopation/rhythmic grouping and how the hands play those 24ths didn't coincide with the tones in the guitar. If you master patterning, you'll be an incredible note-charter.

kona-yta-mina-tangs be Altered Scale: (8/10)

Felt like Kil's 'acid rain' when you stepped the whole thing in pink/purple notes . This was pretty fun and probably deserves higher but I really don't care for the weird song lol

Laste Testamente of Twelfth Mother: (8/10)

Not sure who stepped this but it sounds like something Kil would step and the chart feels Kil-esque. If it is, then bro you're slippin' cuz this file isn't nearly as fun as your other stuff. If it was stepped by somebody else then gj cuz the file is pretty fun but a little on the boring side imo. Good for scoring and has replay value though

Laveran no Shokutaku: (8/10)

Dang, the first third or so of the file were awesome as fuck, and the rest of the file was charted great the only problem is that the song got pretty stale and repetitive towards the end. Had potential to be one of the best in the pack otherwise, gj!

Lawn Wake II: (Didn't try heavy)

Oni (8.5/10)

Goddamn man chart something that hasn't been done before! I've seen like 8 different files of LWII haha. That being said, this one is very fun and is the proper difficulty for scoring imo. Really good replay value, just a couple spots that are tedious to hit but other than that, really well done!

Light House: (8.5/10)

Awesome quad-bait file . Fun and relaxed js chart, the pack needs more of the easier files to play like this one!

Lost Not Forgotten: (9/10)

That was fun as shit!! Bit of a slow start but the guitar solos were bang on. Also like how you were ballsy enough to throw a pretty fast one-handed trill in there . I'm guessing 'NS' is Nick_Skyline so props to you dude, you've surprised the hell out of me with your files so far. Fun as fun gets, one of the best so far.

Mariostep: (6.5/10)

Eh, pretty tedious file to play. The 12th jack polyrhythm part is annoying but the 16th jack section a little later is pretty cool. The end is just stupid rofl xD

Mirage Garden (Long Version): (Didn't try heavy)

Oni (9.25/10)

This was epic as hell. The 24th poly runs are a little nerve-wracking but definitely reasonable. Excellent for scoring and patterns were next to flawless in design. Good show chaps. If heavy is just straight 24ths in those spots (which I'm positive it would be) then that chart will be uber fun as well. This is up there for best file in the pack so far.

Mr. Lonely: (8.25/10)

Not bad, but not a really great file either. I'm not even sure how you managed to stick 161 holds in this file but you did haha. The longer full-length freezes with 24ths in them are total ass and add nothing rhythmically (you can barely hear them in the song). It's too bad the freeze parts are the hardest over the entire file cuz otherwise I would be playing this more. (This same thing happened to me on a number of SMGpack 2 files that I never play anymore)

My So-Called Life: (8.5/10)

This was aight but I think there's a bit more potential in the song. Either way it was really fun and patterns flowed well. The couple small drum fills were awesome, it's a shame there wasn't more of that in the song.

Narcolepsy: (8.25/10)

Pretty fun but not as much oomph as I was hoping for from a prog metal song. The beginning was the best part for me; that being said the entire file is fun and replayable as well

New Decade: (8/10)

Wow, pretty high density simfile here! I really liked your choices of patterns for the 32nd bursts. They weren't necessarily straightforward right to left or left to right rolls, but they were still intuitive and natural. As fun and replayable and good for scoring as this is, I think it's a tad overcharted but it's in ODI 3 right?!
Lol just realized this was a roar file too. Well that makes a lot more sense now.

New Lights: (Only tried oni)

Oni (9.25/10)

Holy shit this was incredibly fun!! The beginning really set the tone and the difficulty was consistent throughout. The only thing I didn't particularly feel was necessary were the amount of freezes. The chart is interesting and dense enough that I think the freezes take away the focus from the rhythmic aspect. That's just personal preference though, bravo sir!

Nth Degree: (9/10)

Definitely an epic marathon stephen kay song, but stepped extremely well at that. The pattern choices were next to perfect and the only reason I'm not giving this a 9.25+ is because the song was a little bland at times and not as 'engaging' as planet karma was for me (but that's beside the point). Again, the chart itself is brilliant though and I will be playing this a shit-ton, GJ gentlemen!!

Oblivion: (8.25/10)

Short, simple file that is fun but nothing incredible going on here. It is somewhat good for scoring but I think we will see it only get to low SDP because the 'wow' factor isn't there and it won't be played too much, though it is quaddable.

Orbital: (8.25/10)

Pretty fun file and the jacks add a bias to it that make this highly replayable. I want to stress here that in my opinion, bombardment of holds and full-length freezes is okay if what you're going for is an annoyingly difficult file (or you use them like Aperson did in Psicicite). Unfortunately for me, the holds here didn't help the file at all but actually took away from it. It's a rhythm game after all and I shouldn't be focusing my efforts on holding keys down when the real focus is a complex rhythm. Anyway it's still fun and I'll likely play it some more.

Paradise Lost: (8/10)

Pretty generic js file that doesn't stand out to me. Good for scoring but that's all I can say really.

Parousia: (8.75/10)

This was pretty dope man, borderline 9/10 but it's not anything mindblowing imo. Your pattern choices are very 'friendly' and makes the file a good candidate for scoring despite the difficulty level. This would stack up well on music rates too, good jorb!!

Plasmatextor: (7.5/10)

Didn't like it tbh. If you're going to put 24th jacks in the beginning like that, at least make sure the difficulty is consistent with the rest of the file. Now I only want to play this if I manage to AAA past the beginning because the rest of the file is pretty boring -_-. Not sure what the point of some of the mine placements were (they weren't expressive, although the very last mine at the end was perfect and did it's job). The parts where you just follow the lead and the bass drum is incredibly boring and I feel like you should've upped the difficulty to match the hard beginning.

Polssia: (8/10)

This gets an 8 only because it's a good file for scoring and it's pretty fun. Otherwise it probably deserves a 7.5 because it's not charted too accurately. There were some parts too throughout that I would've put mines in, there really is more potential for this song but eh.

POP A PARADE: (8/10)

Pretty much the same explanation as above for this file too. The patterns should definitely have been trills of some sorts but obviously that would've made for a boring file so you went more free-form in this. Didn't work for me but it was fun and good for scoring so 8 it is.

Poppin' Shower: (8.5/10)

Pretty generic js file, however I think you did as good a job with this song as you could...not much room for improvement but it's a fairly cookie-cutter bemani song! Good for scoring and has replay value, gj

Red Nikita: (Didn't try heavy)

Oni (8/10)

Well...it's an okay file but a little TOO short for my liking. It's just an annoying quad file imo (quadded to the end and 2p in the end rolls, gg). Probably won't play it again after I quad it or w/e

Reefer Man: (Didn't try heavy)

Oni (8.75/10)

Although the chart itself isn't omfg good, the fact that you tackled a big band song is enough to give some extra credit. I'd LOVE to see more stuff like this get stepped, (Buddy Rich Big Band anyone?). Chart was fun but I'm not sure there is a whole lot of replay value cuz it is a little tedious to score on

Requien For a Team: (8.5/10)

This was really fun but got boring towards the end. I know the most intense part came after that break but I really think you should've cut the song at that break cuz my focus was starting to float away there haha. Really great patterns though and awesome scoring file.

Resurrected Replayer: (8/10)

Well at first I thought this was a Malice file cuz zts and there were full-length freezes. Anyway, zts is awesome but I'm not sure this song was a perfect choice, it's a little boring at times. The full-length freezes take away from this and I can't stress enough that you don't hold the freezes down for the whole length anyways!!. Pretty well done but not for me.

Rip Roar Power: (8.75/10)

This was intense and fun! Patterns were about as good as you could do given how you were charting it. The difficulty is consistent though it's too bad the hardest part is towards the first half of the file. If the song had more to offer I'm sure this would be in the 9+ area.

Salieri Strikes Back:

Heavy (7/10)

Weird colour note spacings and patterns don't feel right UNTIL the big run in the guitar solo which you really nailed; very nicely done in that section, some neat pattern choices that rhythmically made sense. The freeze trills for the vibrato in the guitar I wouldn't have done and they don't add anything to the file, and if anything they should have been one-handed trills. The other odd thing I kept seeing was that you were representing snare flams as one-handed gallops (34, 12 etc.). That's a no-no to me because a flam isn't played with one hand on the drums so why do that in a rhythm game? Anyway little things aside it was fun but we'll see what mi40's chart is like.

Oni (9.25/10)

WOW! That was super fun to play! The song wasn't charted using pin-point syncing precision but there is no need because it's the overall expression that makes the file fun and not the technical accuracy. The 8th note jacks going to the chugging guitar were done more consistently which wasn't seen in the heavy chart. The solos were all brilliant (although the heavy chart handled the ending section a little better imo). I will be playing this a LOT even though I managed a 16p AAA sightread and prob won't be beating it by much

Sane To More (Standard is good too)

Heavy (9.25/10)

I've got huge love for this file, I actually think it's my favourite in the whole pack so far even though I'm rating it 9.25. The only reason it loses some is because it's short and so the epic factor isn't quite as high (see Not Again from Red Fraction Pack). Really fucking fun though, I'm hooked on it

Seven (Only tried the oni)

Oni (9/10)

I can guarantee you this file will be one of the most played across the entire pack because of the difficulty factor alone. I can't do the 24th trill part at all so can't AAA

Sin: (8.75/10)

lol I play-tested this ages ago for you cetaka wtf. Probably the best version on this in terms of scoring but I actually find linus' version more fun rofl oops.

Space is Key: (8.5/10)

Holy hell that was a tad over-charted. Really good challenge-wise but damn this file is a real pain to score on for a number of reasons. The rolls sections dont really flow too well (it might've been me cuz bad tho i'
ll have to double check this) The mine part is really a score-killer tho so idk if i wanna play this 4+ times to get a good score. If I'm warmed up and willing to beast I don't go seeking out files with a mine section in them no matter how fast they may be. just my two cents

Speed Dial: (8.75/10)

This was a really fun file and I will likely play it multiple times (kind of a corny song tho but w/e). Only reason it isn't 9+ is because there wasn't a large degree of uniqueness to it (patterns were straightforward Icyworld patterns ). Also I don't think quad can be managed (I'd have to try again) so a bunch of ppl will be stuck at low SDP on this. It'll probably be played more on rates

Spin The Disc: (7.75/10)

Eh, the original was much better imo, this felt like a DJ_Ossa file almost (just less freeze wankery). The mines definitely were a good addition but dude that random burst really makes this file a scoring nightmare. Probably won't play this after I AAA it.

Sports! (Didn't try heavy)

Oni (8/10)

Fun file but nothing memorable other than "lol tim and eric". Probably will get low SDP/quad then not touch it again

St. Alphonzo's Breakfast and Father O'Blivion: (9.5/10)

Holy SHITTT that was hyper mega hardcore fun, and the syncing was pretty much bang on, especially in the beginning. I can't really find anything wrong with the file... props. +0.25 for Zappa song <3

Swing Set: (Didn't try heavy)

Edit: (8.75/10)

Super fun to play and score on. It's a little on the chill side so play this when you're warming up . Good job and nice to see a Yesssss file again

The Bridgeport Run: (9/10)

Flushblab goes dubstep? Got me worried for a bit there haha. This was really fun and I love how this is a climax theory file hehe..this will be a sought after AAA for sure. This is one of the last files I've reviewed out of the ~100 files in the pack so it probably deserves a 9.25 cuz I'm getting grumpy doing these now rofl (and to all the others who sent late, I've been under-rating a lot of your files too). Very nice job!

The Creator: (8.75/10)

This was really fun and interesting pattern-wise. The song was a tad long for how little variation there was but nothing's perfect right? Not sure why you halved the BPM in some parts either, not that it matters . Well done!

Time Out: (8.75/10)

Ah, this youtube sensation finds itself a chart . I don't know why but the chords that she plays while doing her big runs with the right hand are really annoying to me...anyways as downright fun and tricky the file is, the patterns are not picture perfect for the piano parts. The last 30-45 seconds or so were done really well tho, nice job

Toki: (8.75/10)

The first half was just so-so and it's not the charter's fault at all, the song just doesn't offer much. The 2nd half however, was incredibly fun to play. Lots of replay value and good for scoring, pattern choice was A+ too. GJ!!

Transparent World: (Didn't try other diffs)

Edit: (8.5/10)

High in intensity and consistent difficulty makes for a great scoring file. Also, the freezes were utilized really well here. Making use of one-handed trills is always nice here and there (thankfully haven't seen any big left-handers yet haha). This file will probably be played a lot on rates by Staiain and co.

Tranzport: (8.5/10)

This deserves a bit higher than 8.5 but it's really hard when one of your favourite files ever is Apersons version . There were a lot of things that were better than the original though, the 2nd half of the speed up was great (those freezes were a really nice effect to throw in). The cut of the song was more appropriate too. All-in-all, this is such an awesome song so there are a lot of opportunities to make fun charts for it. This is really fun and I personally recommend it!!

Tzuicha-cha: (7.5/10)

File is pretty fun but I didn't feel a lot of connection between notes and song. It's way off in some places but w/e i <3 u skorp

Ultraviolent Junglist: (9/10)

I'll admit, the file had a slow start and the patterns weren't the absolute best choice throughout, but holy SHIT that was fun! The file just kept getting more ridiculous and intense and that's awesome to see in a marathon file. Scoring-wise, it's a tough AAA so it's great for that!! Well fucking done

Unconnected.: (8.25/10)

This is pretty beefy file but thankfully less intense than the FFR version . I can't say that I like playing it for the song but the patterns are really well done and the challenge makes it replayable for me.

Uplift: (7/10)

This file isn't terrible by any means but compared to the high calibre of files in this pack, it's one of the weaker ones for sure. Generic js is fun but is not innovative and the song choice is very cookie-cutter too. The mini-jacks saved this from being a 6.5 btw.

V^3 (Hello World): (9.25/10)

Yes yes yes. This is what a difficult file should have, a ridiculous song that's all over the place rhythmically with accurate steps which is the easy part. The part that a lot of people mess up is the pattern choice and these were pretty much as good as it gets for something of this difficulty. I might've actually nade this a tad harder but who cares, it's fucking awesome!! gj, this will be played regularly

Waltz No. 17 in G Minor, "Waltz of the big dogs": (9/10)

Although I will be playing this a shit-ton to AAA it (Yay wristjack file), I think many people will rate this lower than me. It's accurately charted and the patterns are perfect for this difficulty level (no spikes except for the very end which is pretty damn tough). The file is definitely your best in the pack so far so it's no surprise why you love making difficult files

Why Am I Here: (8.75/10)

This was really fun and the length was perfect for this type of file. The use of left jacks reminded me of Dark Eternal Night and was done near to perfection! There were a couple of sections that were on the weaker side but I'm sure you will tighten stuff like that up in future files (yeah a more detailed explanation would be helpful but I've played and reviewed so many files now lol sorry).

Wooly Mammoth Stomp: (8.75/10)

Damn man, I was really hoping for this file to take off but I had never heard the song before so didn't know it never intensified. The jacks were fun to hit and I can probably see this file being music rated for AAs since it's a very biased style of file. It was a tad on the easy side so I will probably rate this lower than a lot of others because the chart was about as good as it gets for the song. GJ!!

=== KARMA-fied! ===: (8.75/10)

The beginning is just bad (those full length freezes dude wtf). The harp flourish part got me interested again though and I kept going, otherwise I might've wanted to quit out. Pretty much the entire first half was a planet karma wannabe (obviously) but it made the experience really corny to me. The song really started to get interesting towards the end and I have to give you mad props for your pattern choices; the 24th runs during the 2nd half and the 16th stream going to the synth in the rock song towards the end were 100% perfect for me. I just don't think the song lends itself to being an interesting simfile. Although Planet Karma was very similar in style, the structuring and progression stephen kay used was way more effective, whereas the ordering of genres in this song were just way off imo. Well done, but Nth Degree was the stronger Stephen Kay file for me

These reviews are old for the most part so some of the files have been fixed/changed up since then fyi

I still haven't reviewed the last batch of files that were sent in about a week ago....actually I probably won't review anything else holy !@#$ so many files hahaha

Last edited by Dynam0; 05-26-2013 at 07:44 PM..
Dynam0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #99
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

Haereticus was stepped that way intentionally. Almost all of the 16ths are 24ths and vice versa. Of course I wanted to make sure it played well, so I make it score-friendly.

Pop A Parade used to have trills and it was way worse. Trust me.

No Devotion? So sad...
Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:00 PM   #100
xVaLoRx
MYFUCKINGSOUND
FFR Veteran

I love u dynamo