Old 11-13-2016, 02:25 AM   #1341
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player
 
ShadoWolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: On a life-size Flat Earth model
Posts: 136
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Well, you did it Shadow, I don't understand where you're going anymore.
What don't you understand?
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
ShadoWolfe is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 02:40 AM   #1342
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author
 
MixMasterLar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Emerald Coast
Posts: 5,040
Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-o24 View Post
If I hadn't been following the thread, I wouldn't have known Haku started posting with analysis instead of shitposts. What I meant was I hadn't really considered how to read Haku yet (scum, null, town). Classify is maybe better than read here?

-o24
Fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceflashrevo View Post
Still rocking irrelevant stuff but I live in upstate South Carolina but haven't seen it :/
Huh. I'm in Florida but was pretty sure it was an entire East Coast thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceflashrevo View Post
2) storn42 - Town.
Care to explain that one a little better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceflashrevo View Post
6) MixMasterLar - I feel like you might be scummy because of #1269. Your interactions with both andy and haku were poor in my opinion. The one to haku because you jumped so quickly to "is the gamble that you're voting for your partner?" and to andy because I feel like he's fishing for a newer player to say something that he might not perceive as scummy and then everyone jumps on his ass for it. Plus I feel like your reaction was a little exaggerated to the fact that AA died. Then I think about aggression but I feel like you're pretty outgoing in general so I wouldn't be shocked if this was your wolf game.
Because you didn't bother, here's post #1269 for reference:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Wait fucking what

In the middle of the day fucking what

That's garbage. What a load of shitfuck

What all possible roles could do this? I never played a game where that was a thing




Fuck off, how about a reads list
What kind of gamble is voting an inactive anyway?
Is the gamble that you're voting for your partner?



You uh

You got anything to say about our top town dying in the middle of the fucking day like that?



You should explain that to me.


Now, I don't know why you are latching onto the gamble point. Haku brought up that voting V is a gamble himself, even though it's just voting for an inactive. The only reason I could think of that it could be a gamble is if he's voting his partner. So I called him out. He didn't give me a very good response.

Andy on the other hand has way too many weird posts to let alone. I've covered Andy pretty intensely already and would expect you to already be familiar with why I think he's scum, but you defend him largely on the grounds that it looks like I'm picking on the new guy. I could give you this as a fair enough point (picking on the new guy can be kind of a dick move) except that I bet you can't defend what Andy's actually been posting

Go ahead, quote and explain some of his posts today. Start with the cointoss and work your way up. Defend that shit.

Assuming you can't (I don't believe you can any better then Andy already has) then you're going to have to realize that when you play TWG that bad you deserve to get called the fuck out. If me calling people out makes me scummy in your eyes then you probably should redefine what "scum" means to yourself.

As for AA dying, I legit have never been in or even read a game where that was a thing. I in no situation thought people could die in the middle of the day and it was really fucking jarring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceflashrevo View Post
10) Hakulyte - Null because I can't read you. Initially I town read you but your most recent interactions and posts have been kinda awkward in my opinion. One thing sticking out to me being the Pazzaz thing, but I could understand why you might perceive the roll to be potentially scum.
Why did you read him town in the beginning again?


Quote:
Originally Posted by danceflashrevo View Post
15) Andy-o24 - Was town for d0, then now he's posting kinda strangely, such as the WIFOM post #1169. However, through his and MML's interactions I don't think it's w/w and it's more probable in my mind for mml to be the wolf.
You seriously think I am more scummy then Andy?

Again, you're welcome to defend him with more then "Lar picks on new guy" any minute you are ready to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceflashrevo View Post
16) gold stinger - Town, I liked his reads list, nothing has made me change my initial belief of him being town.
Nothing has changed your belief because NoThING IS THERE HE STOPPED POSTING YOU IdIOT



Quote:
Originally Posted by danceflashrevo View Post
19) _Zenith_ - Null. Haven't seen to much to decide yet.
Should totally check out the work Shado has since done. I think he makes a decent case on Zenith although up to this point I had him in my town pile.



Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post







Okay, Zenith and Haku, I've gone through every game Aryxi has ever played (thankfully he's a new player), hoping that you were right and that Aryxi would have a magic tell that would clear him, and therefore Haku, as town.

I ended up being disappointed, because there's nothing consistent in his responses that would justify your assertion that "He always uses the same manner, style, mannerisms, tone, and almost words when he's town-aligned and being attacked. It's such a bad tell and yet, it's been decisive so many times already for Aryxi that I'm able to say the slot (at that time because I have no idea what Haku is doing right now) was town-aligned."

Therefore, respectfully, I have to conclude that you were grossly exaggerating his "tell". Like I told Haku, the main similarity between this game and any of his town games is just the fact that he gave up and left after a push on him in both this game and the last game. When I said that to Haku, you said I was wrong about the "tell" and that I should have asked one of the two people who saw it. I Since you didn't respond to my request that you pull up where AA originally mentioned the "tell", I'm going to go find it now myself. I hope you weren't lying about AA, because if his version of the tell is the same as mine then you will have my vote for lying and putting words in his mouth.


List of Aryxi's responses to attacks:

Turbo 4 (aka Aryxi's first game):


Turbo 5:


Turbo 6:


Turbo 7:







This game:





He responds as differently as you could expect from the same person. Nothing in his "style" or "mannerisms" is identical. So much for that. On a different note, I never realized how little Aryxi posts in this games. Finding these was easier than I thought. If anyone wants to confirm that these were, in fact, his responses and that I'm not nitpicking or altering them at all, please simply click on the arrow next to the relevant quote and read the context.

Hella work on this, Shado.

Ball's in your court Zenith and Haku. You guys have a response? Because it looks like y'all don't have a leg to stand on to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precarious View Post
There is one other possibility, though. Can a vanilla town player still have an item? It's worth noting that AA was an archer, and died via an arrow shot. I would argue it's possible that he was otherwise vanilla, but possessed a shot that somehow was reflected back at him, either by item or ability (I'm not familiar enough with FE to identify a cross-mechanic for this--a physical shield? A reflect spell?).
I have this nagging suspicion that AA would not have taken a shot at that time under those circumstances. Town AA would save the shot until he was really sure he could trust a large group, then out and try to have people agree who to kill.

I mean it's never come up but that's what I picture him wanting to do, having played with him in almost every game I've done.

I think the timing of the kill is super telling. For every suspect ask yourself "why now?"; there is no one AA should have felt he needed to kill right then that warranted him taking a shot and having it bounce back in his face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by storn42 View Post
I dont think the idea of a gunsmith is that far off... if I'm remembering correctly the gunsmith gives someone a gun and that person got to shoot someone ant any point in time. That means if we have a gunsmith claim we know that the person he gave the gun to is likely a woof. So here is my crazy plan. The gunsmith claims, we lynch the gunsmith after he tells us who the woof he gave the gun to is.

Btw this plan is probably overtly stupid in some way so you know.
No Gunsmith is going to want to claim after reading that you'll lynch him.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
If there's a gunsmith, please don't claim
What, does he continue to make fucking guns every phase?

....that'll fucking be a mess if so.
__________________

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

LAR vs MORDIE:
The King of Fighters 95

(On Gameboy)



Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
Achievement unlocked: reading the setup
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy (Neee) View Post
But, I mean, shado claimed to seer check his N0 on N4, so obvs there's some NEXT LEVEL SHIT going down..
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times
.
MixMasterLar is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 02:41 AM   #1343
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author
 
MixMasterLar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Emerald Coast
Posts: 5,040
Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

JUST SO THIS ISN'T MISSED

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceflashrevo View Post
16) gold stinger - Town, I liked his reads list, nothing has made me change my initial belief of him being town.

DFR SAID THIS. THIS WAS A THING THAT WAS SAID.

I swear I have way too many strong scum reads now. I don't know who to fucking vote for.
__________________

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

LAR vs MORDIE:
The King of Fighters 95

(On Gameboy)



Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
Achievement unlocked: reading the setup
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy (Neee) View Post
But, I mean, shado claimed to seer check his N0 on N4, so obvs there's some NEXT LEVEL SHIT going down..
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times
.
MixMasterLar is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 02:43 AM   #1344
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran
 
andy-o24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Central Indiana
Age: 26
Posts: 1,507
Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

You gonna vote me or what, MML? This is getting silly.

-o24
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
Best strat: enjoy the game, play what you feel like when you feel like it. Don't think about what you are doing or why, enjoy the gameplay, the artistry behind the stepfile, and enjoy the music.

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
andy-o24 is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 02:43 AM   #1345
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author
 
MixMasterLar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Emerald Coast
Posts: 5,040
Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Well, you did it Shadow, I don't understand where you're going anymore.
Put simply, he says you and Zenith are full of shit
__________________

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

LAR vs MORDIE:
The King of Fighters 95

(On Gameboy)



Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
Achievement unlocked: reading the setup
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy (Neee) View Post
But, I mean, shado claimed to seer check his N0 on N4, so obvs there's some NEXT LEVEL SHIT going down..
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times
.
MixMasterLar is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 02:45 AM   #1346
Hakulyte
FFR & TWG Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran
 
Hakulyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,093
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

1. Anything that counts as a day kill power could have killed AA.
2. Zenith's alignment (for me) is based on me assuming that his tell is true.

Feel free to push him tbh. I just have so many wolves vs town that having him as well here makes little sense.
Hakulyte is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 02:46 AM   #1347
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author
 
MixMasterLar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Emerald Coast
Posts: 5,040
Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-o24 View Post
You gonna vote me or what, MML? This is getting silly.

-o24




No seriously, you have anything to say about anything else I've said at all?
__________________

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

LAR vs MORDIE:
The King of Fighters 95

(On Gameboy)



Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
Achievement unlocked: reading the setup
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy (Neee) View Post
But, I mean, shado claimed to seer check his N0 on N4, so obvs there's some NEXT LEVEL SHIT going down..
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times
.
MixMasterLar is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 02:49 AM   #1348
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran
 
andy-o24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Central Indiana
Age: 26
Posts: 1,507
Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

I just want to see my name in lights~

-o24
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
Best strat: enjoy the game, play what you feel like when you feel like it. Don't think about what you are doing or why, enjoy the gameplay, the artistry behind the stepfile, and enjoy the music.

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
andy-o24 is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 02:51 AM   #1349
XelNya
Kaho
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
XelNya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,798
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Well that's interesting.

I'm catching up right now, was with the girlfriend / good friend all day.
__________________

~Working on a pack~
XelNya is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 02:51 AM   #1350
XelNya
Kaho
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
XelNya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,798
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

That said I'm only on pg 59 so it'll be a bit.
__________________

~Working on a pack~
XelNya is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 02:54 AM   #1351
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author
 
MixMasterLar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Emerald Coast
Posts: 5,040
Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-o24 View Post
I just want to see my name in lights~

-o24
Not sure if doing the Haku or has some type of deal where he can do shit when he's voted.

Like seriously you look scum as fuck right now. I have many hours to which to vote you, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Well that's interesting.

I'm catching up right now, was with the girlfriend / good friend all day.
If she was your girlfriend and then your good friend

I am so sorry, bro.
__________________

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

LAR vs MORDIE:
The King of Fighters 95

(On Gameboy)



Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
Achievement unlocked: reading the setup
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy (Neee) View Post
But, I mean, shado claimed to seer check his N0 on N4, so obvs there's some NEXT LEVEL SHIT going down..
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times
.
MixMasterLar is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 03:06 AM   #1352
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran
 
andy-o24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Central Indiana
Age: 26
Posts: 1,507
Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

If you're so sure I'm a wolf, then I can definitely clear you as town. I seriously doubt if you were a wolf you would let me play this recklessly without even an attempt to intervene. I can think of no world where wolves would let one of their own play like this if they had any intention of winning. It simply doesn't make sense to me that wolves would ever have a member on their team that they felt was expendable this early. There would have to be some obscene edge case win condition for that to ever be viable, or an excessive over confidence in the other wolf players.

-o24
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
Best strat: enjoy the game, play what you feel like when you feel like it. Don't think about what you are doing or why, enjoy the gameplay, the artistry behind the stepfile, and enjoy the music.

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
andy-o24 is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 03:15 AM   #1353
XelNya
Kaho
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
XelNya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,798
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
If she was your girlfriend and then your good friend

I am so sorry, bro.
No as in my girlfriend AND a good friend.

I also cooked tacos for the first time by myself. They had little to no taste, but ayyyyyyy.

Yes I am admitting my inability to cook more beyond easy as shit food.
__________________

~Working on a pack~
XelNya is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 03:29 AM   #1354
XelNya
Kaho
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
XelNya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,798
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

... I should have checked the thread sooner wtf.

tho greggles forgot to add AA to the dead list in the first post, so I'd have missed it anyways.

PS: I love the role flips in the 2nd post I just noticed.
__________________

~Working on a pack~
XelNya is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 03:43 AM   #1355
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player
 
ShadoWolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: On a life-size Flat Earth model
Posts: 136
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
2. Zenith's alignment (for me) is based on me assuming that his tell is true.
I'm going to try to not read that as a slip. Okay, we're going to assume town Haku. I'm going to try to make this easy for you:

Town Haku knows (not assumes) that the tell is "true" in the sense that Aryxi didn't lie about "another mislynch but whatever mang". Therefore, Aryxi didn't flop this game knowing that it was his town meta based on Turbo7.

Town Haku doesn't know Zenith's intention in initially bringing up the "Aryxi defeatist" meta, but town Haku believes him to be town, because why would a wolf declare town to be town. Town Haku then declares Zenith to be top town (somehow) for "discovering the tell" in the first place.

I then disagree with town Haku, telling him he shouldn't clear someone based on a tell that is wifom at best because Aryxi would know that he flopped last game, and could easily flop this game to try to clear the slot. I say that even if Haku was indeed town Haku, Zenith's initial tell does not clear him (because wolves will always have to say someone is town in their reads list, so him calling Aryxi town based on that tell is nothing special).

Zenith then appears, declaring my understanding of the tell to be "very wrong", despite my stated understanding of it to be nearly identical to his initial "tell" post. He then outlines a very different tell than the one he had mentioned earlier in thread, and says that AA had the same tell. He says this tell is so consistent, and so accurate, that one can safely declare your slot town.

Okay, now that we've established what happened with the assumption that Haku is town, I have a few questions.

Why would Zenith go as far in defending the tell as to declare my understanding of it to be "very wrong", and change it in the next post? (1)

Why would Zenith try to fabricate a tell in order to declare Hakulyte's slot town? (2)

Why would Zenith invoke AA's name in the fabrication of his new tell, and say that I shouldn't assume anything about the tell if I didn't ask either of the people who "know it and noticed it", despite AA being dead and unable to clarify even if I were to ask? (3)


I do want to hear your answers (and Zenith's!), but here's what I'm thinking:

Because the tell was being used to clear him and read him top town, so if the tell was thrown away, then him being townread would get thrown away. Considering he hasn't posted much else of importance, that would be a big loss. This holds true whether town or wolf, though I don't know why a town would lie about a read in an attempt to look better(1)

If Haku/Zenith are both scum, then this would obviously be to try to cover for his partner. If Haku is town, then Zenith could be trying to pocket him. If Zenith is town, then he fucked up royally by changing his read and exaggerating about Aryxi to that extent, and should be ashamed. (2)

Using AA's name on his new read while berating me for misunderstanding instantly gave his post legitimacy, considering that AA was consistently top town for most and had just flipped green. Even for me, who had commented on the tell as it was occurring (and tried to stop Aryxi from folding under pressure), his post made me think that I somehow had gotten the tell all wrong. It was only MML's mislynch of me from a few games ago (based on an easily fact-checkable claim that I was a liar) that made me realize that town often fails to factcheck simple things, so I had to go check Aryxi for the magic tell. Interestingly enough, if Zenith had never added AA to his tell, I wouldn't have gone back to check AA's version of it and wouldn't have found how drastically different Zenith's two versions of the "tell" were.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Feel free to push him tbh. I just have so many wolves vs town that having him as well here makes little sense.
Thanks for the permission. More importantly, who are your "so many wolves vs towns"?
Please answer this ASAP^
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
ShadoWolfe is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 03:44 AM   #1356
XelNya
Kaho
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
XelNya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,798
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Also a Charu nk makes no sense to me. AA was strongest town for most, and Charu didnt seem like he was blue. He was playing totally normal
Charu NK makes a lot of sense. Sometimes aiming for a top town if you're not role hunting isn't the best because what if they got a read of Charu acting a certain way under the suspect of third party? Normally I'd agree with this line of thought but Charu is Charu and reading him is bull shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Oh, and now that we're past D0, I'd like Zenith to know that his "I hate d0 bullshit" excuse for not doing shit won't fly anymore.
No matter how much you hate D0 you fucking post even if it's meanial nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AragakiAyase View Post
mindmeld, a good sign hopefully
I dunno if I am the only one who absolutely cannot read charu for shit. Is it just me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Only one nightkill? and it's fucking Charu?

So it looks like that A: there probably isn't a third party and B: Charu was right about somebody.



Right before the day started I was re-reading EoD and saw that Charu said that. It blew my mind and I wish I would have called him out for it sooner.

That said, he was VT, so I have no earthly idea what he was thinking there.



I would love to hear an explanation for this



It's shitty that he got modkilled for only copying a part of his PM.

I mean, rules are rules and I mean no disrespect to Sunfan, but wow. I don't really know how to feel about that.



Having been at EoD and knowing how fast and lose it was, I doubt a scum Xel threw this out there to look more towny super last second. As far as I care Xel can be welcomed into the Strong Town Pile of Town People.

This makes those who where pushing super hard early on super suspect.



Freaking why? Please explain this. The timing is really bad for this vote considering the timestamp and wagons that where going on. You're normally a champion of picking between ongoing wagons tbh



Hold on, am I missing a post or wheren't you the one that was copying YoshL?
Although I want to hear both of you give a reason to switch last second.
On lack of third party:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
Cardflips: On, full role flips w/ accompanying Role PM. (If the PM has the names of other players, these names will be redacted, as well as any private chats)
KitB: On
Phantoms: Off
Insta: On
OOTC: Off, any private chats will be able to converse during the night and day phases.
No-lynch: On
No-kill: On
Nighttalk: Off (Excepting private chats)
# of posts that must be met each phase: Off
24 hour pregame confirmation phase: On
Items: On (Items cannot be passed from one player to another)
Corpselooting: Off
I bolded it for you.

I kinda get why Yoshl voted you but a solid explanation would be gr8.

It depends how you interpret the rules, and tbh copy pasting any part of your PM is against the rules, so yeah. It SUCKS but tbh I don't know if the last minute vote swaps would have had an impact. But it sucks, and I do wish I had gotten the hammer because being vanilla town losing the PR is totally worse.

Gonna have to disagree with you on lumping me hard town for a reason Charu himself stated. I have made a post like that, in hopes of preventing mayhem before, knowing it can earn me town points would make that gamble worth it because the rest of you could flop to a prominent AFK.

That's me speculating on it, and don't lean me for this. I just think you should adjust your read and let me earn it. I played a CRAP day zero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AragakiAyase View Post
like I said, I saw pazzaz check in 2-3 times for 30~ min and not post anything which is pretty wolfy
Lemmie confirm this for my own sake but are you saying it's wolfy because of popping in saying "this is fine" an dwatching, or because it's a tell? (Just in case here.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AragakiAyase View Post
not sure why you'd assume there are no extra 3rd parties because there are plenty of 3rd party roles that don't have killing powers

like lyncher, for one
Ayy. I didn't really know that tbh. But even then, no-kill is on, and frankly maying using it early isn't in their best interest? Either that or they have to meet a requirement to get their power. I recall that being in a past game.

Tldr: I'd be really impressed if there was no third party, but I think wolf hunting is more important atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AragakiAyase View Post
did anyone besides me actually discuss haku?
I recall making a mention I didn't want to lynch him, and the reasoning why is that he's not doing his usual implosion. So I wanna watch it play out more but it's not a bad sit back either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AragakiAyase View Post
it's strange because haku usually manages to attract a lot of attention to himself regardless of alignment and he's just been passed over this game

yeah he replaced but there was plenty of time left
Do you think scum Haku would have finally started learning from his mistakes and start acting this way as a method of prevention to himself? (Pardon if that's worded POORLY. It might be.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
1: I like YoshL a little better now. Seems like he's calmed down and is trying.
2: Fuck those players too, but they each at least have one post or more IIRC.
I personally think a nonaggro yoshl is more frightening than one reaming my ass hole with a ten foot pole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Pretty sure I pointed out I thought I saw Haku's wolftell on the same page he first posted in.

Pretty sure I was the only one going at YoshL for awhile

Pretty sure I was the first one (or really early) to scumread DFR, and the first to vote for him.

Pretty sure I was one of the first to call out Freezin's big post as garbage

Pretty sure you're full of shit.
Would you reference the post with Haku's wolf tell for me please? (I'm lazy.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
OK


1 - Charu has too many post for what little he actually was saying most of the time

2 - He was on Andy's nuts the last leg their after that "I'll toss a coin" post.
What's interesting is that, Andy being a new player, I can totally see Wolf Andy thinking he's been caught and trying to get rid of the only player who noticed. And fast!

Then again I can see someone more experience seeing that situation and thinking Ah yes easy framin' boys

Whole thing stinks. I do want to see more Andy posts though.

Also HEY V YOU GONNA PLAY NOW?
I can agree with this perspective, but I don't recall Andy and Charu having any interactions too hard outside of that. Am I misremembering?

Goddamn it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Hey Xel, Haku

How have you guys been?

Just hangin' out for the last 20 minutes I see

Must be nice over there where y'all at.
Was prob less than 20 minutes, but seeing you nit pick the who is here is a plus, not one I'd usually assign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-o24 View Post
I'll catch up on the thread when I get to work in about an hour. Charu seems weird though, I agree.

-o24
Interesting that you'd phrase it as "charu seems weird" instead of say "why charu?" or what have you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I think you guys should discuss about creating a lynch pool of inactives and use these interactions as a mean to continue the game in the right direction.



While that true, I think it's a bad idea to keep ignoring them "hoping they will eventually get active". It's also giving you all the chance to see what the others think about it.
I disagree with inactives. We need to compile a pool based on Charu / Freezin' interactions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Also, a "follow the vote" could be interesting for tracking purposes.
A follow the vote with the CFD attempted at EoD isn't a logical choice right now I feel. Maybe I'm missing something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazzaz View Post
Ok guys, I'm alive! My role kind of kept me from posting the first day, sorry for not being part of it, I'll post a long post with my thoughts later today.
That's VERY interesting... Can't say I trust you on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-o24 View Post
So, I was moved to a new area, there was a super drunk dude who made a run for it, but I think we've caught him, and there is this handicapped scanner thing for opening doors that is beeping randomly and University Police don't know how to stop it. Fun night.

Here's some spicy WIFOM for you:
Charu attacked my weak EOD play, calling me a wolf.
Wolves know I'm town, so getting other town to lynch me saves a wolf through this next phase.
To convince the town I'm a wolf, they kill Charu who was the only one really suspecting I am a wolf, in an attempt to show Charu was onto a wolf read.

As for the coin flip thing: I was really at a toss-up between who I thought was most scummy, Xel or Freezin. I didn't actually flip the coin. I felt Freezin's attempts to admonish himself from our scrutiny were heartfelt and Xel I didn't get the same read from. Therefore, vote on Xel.

-o24
Yes however, the wolves are focused on role hunting rather than framing you. It's a really weird thing you'd jump to this defense, maybe because you're new, but I try my best to not use that assumption to justify anything. However, if the wolves really wanted to frame someone, why not kill say, Yoshl or roundbox.

Roundbox would have been a MUCH better choice for such a tact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazzaz View Post
Ok, I've been thinking about the consequences of what I'm about to say, I hope this provides clarity. I thought about keeping this a secret but I will have to say this before the EOD incase I die so here's the truth.
I couldn't speak D0 but instead I received the ability to switch the positions of two people at the beginning of N1. I switched AragakiAyase and Charu. This is why several people reacted weird, they thought AA was gonna die or atleast not that Charu was gonna die. So if I die as town, AA is confirmed town (or the wolves tried to kill one of their own lol).

TL;DR AragakiAyase IS CONFIRMED TOWN FOR ME


From now on I'm normal townie and will be scumhunting. I'll post my thoughts about everyone later.
Alright, that's an interesting role...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazzaz View Post
No not really, that was not why I chose him. Yes, choosing a scum and a townie and the scum then dying would have been good but the chances for that happening would be pretty low. If I choose two people who are probably townies, if one of them die then I'll know the other is a townie too. I didn't want to throw my ability way and have it not affecting anything.
Alright I got you. That's a great tactic of sorts.

Not sure if it's fair to ask TWG_Ike would him sharing if he did the switch during the night or the day be allowed?

Note: DO NOT ANSWER THE QUESTION PAZZAZ UNLESS HE CLEARS YOU TO DO SO PLZ PLZ PLZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by AragakiAyase View Post
I don't really follow

if you pick a townie and a scum, and the townie is targeted but the scum ends up dying, don't you get a similar result of the townie being pseudo confirmed? I think your claim is believable but just trying to make sense of this
Get the fuck out my head.

The string of Zenith's posts now, don't impress me in the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by storn42 View Post
I'd like to talk about tokzic. He seems to fit that inactive thing you're going for with only 23 posts., and more importantly I'd like to talk about his vote on me. Ifor you read back to it, it actually feels quite forced. He just "has a strong gut read" on how woofy I'm being. I can see this being a world where he rolled lyncher and me the lynched, or even simply him being a woof and trying to fake reads on people like me. But even so as he has this strong read on me in the end he goes and votes for xel. He jumps on that wagon for seemingly no reason despite his read on me.
I was intrigued by the swap to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
For now, we can assume AA is not part of the scum team (based Pazzaz). If we find there are two scum teams then we need to throw this out of the window.
After sleeping on it, MML is probably town?
Good news is that since there is a lack of counter claim or soft counterclaim we can yay sit tight with having two cleared towns for easier reads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wineandbread View Post
Zenith's string of posts pg 60 are promising for activity. Still a bit defensive about his d0 which is nothing surprising at this point. But if you're gonna call out fluff posts, maybe don't post your own fluff posts.

It seems merely observational and not analytical. I'd like some thoughts from him about the Pazzaz development when he comes back.
Zenith's post string honestly just shows a lack of true fucks given for the game. They go into a cold hard void waiting to embrace us all.
Arbys.

Indheart mind melds with me a bit on Yoshl. It's gud to know I am not the only one. InD is sittin in that dank town pile though

which atm is

pazzaz
AA
indheart
I wanna lump yoshl here too, but I wanna see a little more play out. I'm only on 63 though as of writing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
NO ONE SEEMS TO THINK ANDY IS A LITTLE SUSPICIOUS?

....alright then
I think it's more people are tying up other options first and using the day to full effect.

Not a single smart person I think would keep andy off the table right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Where I stand right now.


A Ayase
- Mentioned mutiple times he seems towny, pretty cleared by Paz
Xel - That post from EoD, and the fact that his wagon started simply because Roundbox can't be bothered to do work before voting anyway, makes me feel good about him. He had a shit d0 but hoping that'll change this phase.
Pazzaz - is probably telling the truth and following that logic he's town.

-
YoshL - Seems alright. We mindmelded for awhile and he makes solid points most of the time. His game got hella better this phase.
Zenith is probably is town because he's always a little bitch when he's town. Glad to see he's at least considering solving the game.

-
Storn could really post more, but he isn't what I would consider an inactive.
WiB Is just now coming back into the game. Keep posting, bub
Precarious needs to make a comeback. Did he ever do a solid post? A reads list? Do I not remember them?
Shadowolfe is always hard for me to read. He hasn't totally lost his shit at me this game which is nice, albeit out of chararcter for him. I could see him being scum but there isn't a strong reason to believe it right now.
InDHeart is playing recap episode. I like this considering how far behind he was, but I want to see more before placing him

-
V needs to fucking post
Gold Stinger needs to fucking post
Tokzic needs to fucking post

-
Haku is probably a wolf, but the vacation story checks out so I am hesitant to paint him red.
Andy's post still doesn't look right to me, guys. No one else sees it, so maybe he is horribly misplaced on this list. But he's awfully wise about some things and not about others, and that rubs me the wrong way.

-
Roundbox's only real contribution is starting a bullshit wagon on Xel, who as it turns out is probably town. Had he bounced back and tried something else he wouldn't be this far down, but that's it. In near 100 hours that is it.
danceflashrevo Never made me feel better about him, I don't see alot of new post that strike me as good, and I agree with AA that he isn't projecting town like he normally does. I had him down here mid-d0 and he's still down here.
I can agree with your completely town pile. I'd add a name to it though.
I disagree with Zenith being anywhere but null or scum. Considering solving the game & solving the game & trying are two HIGHLY different things. But I'm tunneling hard tbh, so take what cha want outta it.
I'd like to see storn drop a reads list
wnb I can agree waitin a bit more on
precarious meh.
Admittedly shado feels off, but I can't tell if it's a he seems more calm, or if it's a "he's fishy"
I think the recap is a good thing as he's offering new insight and a lot of it is GOOD SHIT.

Agree on latter half, save for dfr / roundbox.

So in short mine'd look like

Pazzaz
AA <- Towns
Indheart

Yoshl
WnB <- town lean
RB

Haku
v
GS <- Type:Null
Tokzic
DFR

Zenith <- Would lynch atm
Andy

reads subject to change*

Let me explain the roundbox read though.

I was being an obnoxious FUCK in the game by refusing to do more than shitpost. Roundbox formulating a shit wagon on me and looking for my tell can sure be wolfy because if he can incite the reaction he wants, it's an easy mislynch. HOWEVER, I don't think round would do that in this time in the game if he was scum because an easier wagon on freezin was there. A wolf could just ride the wagon or pick on an afk like I was doing. I feel Roundbox was trying to clean up a potential mess for town.

If that makes any sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
omfg there goes our most active poster.

awesome.

so there's guns in this game?

awesome.
**** **** *** ****** TITS.

... We knew it couldn't be that easy with items on.

BUT THE ITEM GIVER SHOULD PROBABLY NOT CLAIM YET IF YOU ARE TOWN.

Worth noting that modifyer there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Guys I am legit triggered I didn't fucking expect a role that kills in the fucking daytime
What's it called... Modified voodoo maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
It's not Pazzaz.

I believe his claim is legit, and he said he bussed 2 players, AA, and Charu - 2 townspeople.

I'm worried right now because the current turn of events was dfr getting pressure from AA and MML (i think, still hav en't reread) and AA getting day vig'd.

I want to say the most likely person to do that is dfr at the moment, but it seems so fucking easy.



if only this reaction wasn't god awful forced feeling, i wouldn't be willing to look at pazz

second suspicion falls to shadowolfe for overreaction:



I'm not exactly sure why you're adopting such an alarmist point of view.

17/20 players is about equivalent to 11/13 players, or one day phase of a normal 13 person setup assuming 3 wolves. Like, you seem to be blowing the urgency of the situation out of proportion to make it look like you're in a more desperate haze trying to scumhunt, but all you're really doing is not actually reading people. you've said "if you are town" to multiple players like, telling them to play better but not actually scumhunting at all?

final suspicion is haku.
instant fixation onto "gunsmith" throws up major alarm bells, given that according to the OP, items are on. Noting the other reactions that people gave to AA being day-vig'd, literally the only person that seemed to be primed to think of items was Haku, and I'd daresay that it's surprising given the intelligence of mechanical play and setup understanding he's shown in the past
Jesus fuck yoshl do all the work for us why don't you o.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precarious View Post
Several things here. Does "Not included in initial PM" mean AA was unaware of his own modifier? If this is the case, then there may be personal and global effects that we're not aware of. Not much that can be done about that, but it's worth keeping in the back of our minds.

More to the point: it's highly likely that AA was killed by a wolf (although this speaks to the inexperience of the wolves if so; a wolf daykill is more dangerous if saved, as it can collapse a LYLO situation into an instant loss). Now, while dayvig roles are fairly common (at least in other mafia communities, I can't speak for custom here), wolf daykills are much rarer, and anonymous wolf daykills are unheard of (precisely because they're so powerful and balance-breaking). That suggests that an item was used, and as has been pointed out, item sharing and corpse looting are not in effect. It's possible that this was planned, then, but given the Paz claim, it's likely that the wolves were caught off guard by the lack of an AA death. That means AA's content on both days (but especially today) probably points to a wolf or wolves.

There is one other possibility, though. Can a vanilla town player still have an item? It's worth noting that AA was an archer, and died via an arrow shot. I would argue it's possible that he was otherwise vanilla, but possessed a shot that somehow was reflected back at him, either by item or ability (I'm not familiar enough with FE to identify a cross-mechanic for this--a physical shield? A reflect spell?).
I was considering it but given the game theme I think "arrow" is used because archers are a thing in FE but I don't think a person with say a musket is. I think it's just flavor text based on game theme.

tldr: who do we think would:

A: Make an AA night kill originally? B: AND make the Charu kill in case of Pazzazz nonsense.
C: Who has highest odds of selecting to shoot during the day on AA? D: Do we still trust Pazzazz's claim?

Compile and form a lynch pool and we could prob go from there I think?
__________________

~Working on a pack~
XelNya is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 03:45 AM   #1357
XelNya
Kaho
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
XelNya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,798
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Modifyer.

MOD

I

FY

ER

I speel gud
__________________

~Working on a pack~
XelNya is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 03:49 AM   #1358
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
Sectional ModeratorEvent StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
YoshL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Celestial Harbor
Age: 26
Posts: 6,329
Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Thanks for the permission. More importantly, who are your "so many wolves vs towns"?
Please answer this ASAP^
this is actually important, given that a lot of people this game have had quite the opposite problem, i know like, aa, shado and i included
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 03:51 AM   #1359
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player
 
ShadoWolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: On a life-size Flat Earth model
Posts: 136
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-o24 View Post
If you're so sure I'm a wolf, then I can definitely clear you as town. I seriously doubt if you were a wolf you would let me play this recklessly without even an attempt to intervene.
.....what? If he were a wolf, he wouldn't let you play recklessly? Did you just admit to being a wolf? Is this going to become a classic example of a slip? You realize if he a were a wolf, and you were town, he would have no reason to intervene? oh my god, you really did just admit to being a wolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-o24 View Post
I can think of no world where wolves would let one of their own play like this if they had any intention of winning. It simply doesn't make sense to me that wolves would ever have a member on their team that they felt was expendable this early. There would have to be some obscene edge case win condition for that to ever be viable, or an excessive over confidence in the other wolf players.
I am very much okay with an andy lynch today. Hell, it looks like it might even be more promising than the Zenith lynch, depending on Zenith's responses.
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
ShadoWolfe is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 04:00 AM   #1360
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player
 
ShadoWolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: On a life-size Flat Earth model
Posts: 136
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Modifyer.

MOD

I

FY

ER

I speel gud
Is the reason there's so many questions to AA in your post because you didn't notice before typing it all up?
If that's the case, do you typically write up a big post like that and then copy it and shitpost a little before pasting and posting it?
I ask obviously because you noted that AA was dead before posting that larger post.
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
ShadoWolfe is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution