Old 06-24-2018, 08:04 PM   #481
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Misc. progress thread

Yeah that's something I could def do. Would be cool to keep track of my progress online too instead of just on my apps
Old 06-30-2018, 02:12 PM   #482
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I'll probably be making my progress thread on Monday but I just want to post about how frustrating it is what I've made huge improvements on my lifts from when I started until now but I still can't do a pushup lmao.
Old 07-7-2018, 01:49 PM   #483
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Calisthenics differ from weight lifting.

I’ve always been able to do around 50 push-ups. Even with all the strength progress I’ve made, that number has not changed. I would have to practice pushups regularly to increase the amount I could do.
AND watch anime.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 02:02 AM   #484
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf

Dropped 20lbs of muscle over roughly 2 years of school's crippling income vacuum. I'm working in my career field now and moving toward the idea of creating a home gym, as this pandemic has made going to a public gym not really an option.

Will report back with what I end up doing and hopefully more progress. I'm not particularly worried about putting the muscle back on now that I have the money to afford the food I need, but it's definitely going to be a bummer going back into the gym a lot weaker than I once was.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:28 PM   #485
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCWolf View Post
Dropped 20lbs of muscle over roughly 2 years of school's crippling income vacuum. I'm working in my career field now and moving toward the idea of creating a home gym, as this pandemic has made going to a public gym not really an option.

Will report back with what I end up doing and hopefully more progress. I'm not particularly worried about putting the muscle back on now that I have the money to afford the food I need, but it's definitely going to be a bummer going back into the gym a lot weaker than I once was.
Itís great to see youíre back. 20lb muscle loss is huge but I know youíll get yourself back to where you were. What kind of career field are you in?
AND watch anime.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-3-2020, 01:20 PM   #486
Shouka
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

2017 was probably my peak year in terms of numbers and it has all been down hill since then. I started a slow cut at the beginning of 2018 and lost about 15lbs by mid-April 2018 while maintaining most of my strength. As I was bulking back up I had a really bad case of mono starting around Memorial day weekend that lasted about a month and I was unable to eat more than about 500 calories/day for a period of about 2 weeks resulting in a rapid weight loss of ~8-10lbs. After stepping into a weight room after recovery my numbers were absolute shit (squatting and bench 135 lbs for reps was not easy). The numbers did go up over the next few months but I'd be forced to take another break around Thanksgiving because of a second back injury caused by deadlifting. At this point I kind of lost interest in lifting partly because of the injury and also because I was preparing to move to California. I didn't start lifting again regularly until April 2019. Around this time I also decided to start training in Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I was more focused on the martial arts than lifting but still lifted once or twice a week. At the beginning of November 2019 I injured my shoulder during a bjj practice and stopped doing any type of martial arts or strength training for the most part. I tried going to a few bjj practices in January, but it just made my shoulder worse. I did start doing light strength training at the gym shortly before covid-19 blew up but haven't been to a gym since shelter in place started.

Now I just feel like I'm a shadow of my former self and think I'm fatter than I was at the start of shelter in place despite losing weight. Even now, my shoulder and back have not completely healed and when I look at old pictures and videos of myself it's starting to feel like the person I see is someone else. Before, I would just see myself. Now I see someone who looks quite different.