Old 08-6-2004, 09:57 PM   #1
Nima
FFR Player

Default OUCH I got PWND

My sister moved out like 5/6 months ago and now my brother is moving out on the 10th or 12th (like 4-6 days)... Lol... My brother pays for the satellite, payed for the computer, all the games, xbox, cable internet and all the good stuff...

Now that he's gone, no Xbox (don't really care TOO much but it was still fun), satellite is gone... Instead of satellite my parents are either getting nothing at all or basic cable. Maybe just like 5 channels :S.

They are cancelling the high speed cable internet (2 Mbps max speed) and am going to have dial-up... which sucks to the max and I will barely able to connect to the net... Meaning little forum use and posting and inability to dload anything worthwhile as well as a hole lotta other crap.

AND really importantly... he's going to get the computer since he payed for it. My dad said he was gonna buy a new one when I asked him... But I talked to my bro and him about it and my bro said he offered to sell him this comp for 700 bucks and he said no... What a moron... He wants to either use the 333 (30mhz) computer upstairs for now... Or get my brother to bring a 300mhz computer from work which has like the shittiest specs ever. Then he said in 3-4 months he might buy a new computer .

This means probably no stepmania/ffr or any beatmania for that matter (connection too slow to play ffr (I quit but when R2 came out I might have started playing)), can't access forums often or talk on msn like I wanted, I won't be able to play stepmania since the computer can't handle even running alpha 1.

I mean he's stupid... Although this comp is some months old... It's still one of the better ones out there... The only comp you can buy for 700 bucks like my bro offered is like some shitty celeron computer (celeron's are HORRIBLE) with super slow speed, no monitor, and like the worst specs ever (bad harddrive, low ram, shitty vid card, etc.)). Plus I'll have to wait 3 months at that... This comp is 2.8ghz, over 1 gig of ram, like 120 gig harddrive or something, insane speakers, 19 monitor, insane sound card, ati radeon 9800, and some of the best specs around... Plus it has like the best games and apps ever installed on it and everything I need as well as all my files (like 60 gigs) of files I want. It'll cost him atleast 2000some to buy a new comp like this if not more.

In conclusion, this really sucks. I might not play games of any kind or do anything but use like MS Word for like half a year :S.
Old 08-6-2004, 09:59 PM   #2
Privateer
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Privateer

Sucks. I guess I'll be the best then. XD
Old 08-6-2004, 09:59 PM   #3
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

Man, sucks to be you. I'm glad my computer is all mine, muahahh!
Old 08-6-2004, 10:02 PM   #4
LEGO
Banned

Send a message via AIM to LEGO

Nyeeeeeeeeeeeeeerm pen missle

If you're of age, try getting a part time job, or go online at the local library and get a flash plugin. That cover at least FFR

My deepest sympathies :O
LEGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2004, 10:05 PM   #5
dmleet
FFR Player

LMAO Privateer >_<... But I guess you're right

Nima, you can always get a part time job... I don't know the minimum wage there in Canada so I'm not sure if 2000 bucks will take some time to get
Old 08-6-2004, 10:07 PM   #6
dmleet
FFR Player

Don't you think you should at least buy the hard drive from him? It might take you a while to get all the stuff you already have in there

I don't feel like editing -.-
dmleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2004, 10:14 PM   #7
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Yahoo to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Skype™ to FishFishRevolution

Wow, that sucks Nima, i'd offer for you to use my comp, but i'm all the way here in VA. =/
I'm sorry.
Old 08-6-2004, 10:17 PM   #8
Privateer
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Privateer

Prepare for 50 people saying they would give you ___ if you lived closer.
Old 08-6-2004, 10:18 PM   #9
Nima
FFR Player

minimum is 5.90 where i live ouch... I only get like 7some but whatever... I can only work like up to 15 hours during the year since my university starts and I need to spend my time on that since I'll be spending most of the rest slacking off...

I wouldn't need 2000... just like 700 so I can buy my bro's... But I need to buy it soon or he's taking it. I'll try to figure something out. But I don't know if I can pay for a comp AND cable and all this other crap... I also wanted the comp/game systems for iidx so I could practice for tourneys and shit since there aren't any machines in my city now.
Old 08-6-2004, 10:23 PM   #10
Nima
FFR Player

ill figure something out hopefully... But for sure I won't have one for a while... I can probably afford like some cheap dsl/cable on my own... we'll see.
Old 08-6-2004, 10:35 PM   #11
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Yahoo to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Skype™ to FishFishRevolution

Good Luck. *salutes*
Old 08-6-2004, 10:39 PM   #12
ravenhexa
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ravenhexa

Quote:
Prepare for 50 people saying they would give you ___ if you lived closer.
...am i the only one who filled in the blank with something sexual?
oh, and dial up isnt so bad (yes it is). ive always had dial up...and you can still play FFR. just take a day to load all the songs, then never delete the levels out of your temp internet files. guess you just gotta be devoted to playing FFR...or go to the library and play it there
ravenhexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2004, 10:42 PM   #13
TACODUDE
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to TACODUDE

God speed, Nima, God speed.

I LOVE POKEMON! LOL
TACODUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2004, 10:56 PM   #14
noviceanimeartist
FFR Player

OMG!! That just sucks! I don't think I'd be able to live in that sort of situation. However if I say that I probably will so don't listen to me. I didn't know you were in Canada! Where in Canada anyway. I'm in Winnipeg, MB if you know where that is. It just surprises me that the greatest Stepmania player on FFR is a Canadian! W00T! Seriously tough break man, that's a harsh situation you got there, No computer or T.V or anything... Well, you can always read something.. yea right, but if you want you could draw (I know it HAS to come from me doesn't it ^_^;; ) or if you have a GBA you could always play it (unless you don't) Sorry I can't help any, c ya and goodluck! Well I have to go, Inuyasha starts in 5 minutes or so.
Old 08-7-2004, 12:27 AM   #15
Tsuguri
FFR Player

Location: Do the Bender dance! Hoo! Hah! Come on baby now Hoo! Hah! Come on, yeah!
Send a message via AIM to Tsuguri

I play stepmania from a 250 mb zip disk that I bought, at the library. I have a sh1t a$$ computer at home, as well as dial up. But the zip disk works perfectly for what I need. You can only have around 65 songs, with the program on the disc and all, but it's better than nothing.
Tsuguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2004, 12:40 AM   #16
Nima
FFR Player

don't they get annoyed that you're making too much noise at the library tapping the keys hard?
Old 08-7-2004, 01:08 AM   #17
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

I made a Stepmania CD with hundreds of songs and I played it before class in first period like, every day. The other kids got sick of it, and they all thought I was like, the best SM player ever (and I'm not good at all compared to yall). It's fun fun fun. I need to make an emulator CD, too. That way they'll walk in and be like "HOLY CRAP IT'S MARIO!!" Oh shizz, I gotta do that before school starts =O

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2004, 09:32 AM   #18
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

How in the world did you manage to play Stepmania off of a CD?

It must have been lagging like hell.

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Moogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2004, 09:53 AM   #19
Varia
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Varia Send a message via MSN to Varia Send a message via Yahoo to Varia

Nima...do you mean he will sell it to you for$700 Canadian dollars? Holy crap...your father is the stupidest guy in the entire world. That's like $500 or so US dollars I think. Good luck trying to buy a computer of that quality for anything near that price. And even if it is $700 US, that's still like...the best computer deal ever.

Poor guy.

ARE YOU HOMOSEXUAL?

I THINK SO
Varia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2004, 11:19 AM   #20
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

It does suck, but 2,000 for a computer just like that? PSHH. I paid $1,350 US for a better one 3 weeks ago. Dual Monitor, 5.1 surround, 1gb DDR2 ram, 3.0p4 ht, Radeon X300, 160sataHDD, SBAudigy 2, you name it. Here's what I did when I wanted my new computer:

Start making it really apparent that the need for the computer is great. Price out several different brands online. Then, keep doing it until the deals on the site are giving you enough of a discount to get your parents to buy it. This computer should have been about $1,900. I waited 4 months until the site offered 15% off and 150 off after that as their deals. And free shipping. I even got a brand new line of computers since I waited until they upgraded. This one has a better heatsink and much freer air flow within the computer.

So, do what I said and it may be cheaper and sooner than you think.

~Squeek
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote