Old 07-9-2013, 01:06 PM   #1681
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach
Default Re: The Fitness Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnnicol View Post
Rob Riches failed a drug test..........I know I shouldn't be surprised, but FML....
Yeah, it makes me sad. Not super surprised, but sad, because I aspire towards a physique like that.

Let's be real though. Most of the guys making it in the fitness industry would test positive if the tests were 100% accurate even if they claim natural. =/

Also, wasn't Rob at your gym recently Senip for some chest promo. I remember seeing the Metroflex logo in flames.

Ah well mnnicol, at least Lavado is natty; https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...1965a3e30d3052

Last edited by Reach; 07-9-2013 at 07:31 PM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-9-2013, 03:33 PM   #1682
Senip
Forum User

He looks vaguely familiar, but so many people come in that if they arent IFBB pros I can't tell if they're regular guys or famous, haha.
Senip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-9-2013, 05:18 PM   #1683
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I imagine the answer is "nothing is permanent" but I am curious if anyone happens to know:

I have a lot of fat on my stomach and I am curious if there is always going to be excess fat cells/skin chilling around even if I lose a bunch of weight. I imagine there would be temporarily, but I recall reading that certain fat cells don't actually go away -- they just sort of "deflate." I don't know if this has any ramifications or if it just implies that it's very easy for excess fat to get stored there or sth.

(My gf and I have synced work schedules, so now we get home at roughly the same time and can have each other as workout buddies. Wootwoot!)
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-9-2013, 07:38 PM   #1684
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

It usually just works such that some areas are much harder to lose fat from and store more fat than others. For guys it's pretty much belly + love handles + thighs.

If you lose enough weight, you won't have excess fat on your stomach anymore but realistically this would be a monstrous amount of weight and it probably won't be realistic for you to lose that much any time soon. If anything it would probably be easier to lose most of the weight and then allow your body to recomposition though fitness training (as you build muscle and get in shape your body will distribute fat differently).
Old 07-9-2013, 07:51 PM   #1685
Senip
Forum User

I have a horrible amount of skin hanging, but it disappears more the longer i keep my shit clean and keep losing/recomping.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:03 AM   #1686
.Layne.
~~
FFR Veteran

I need to start working out, but first I have catch up on all these fitness terms xd..

yes

.Layne. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:32 AM   #1687
kmay
Don't forget me
FFR Veteran

got off track this last week since all my friends were in town for my 21st... but starting that grind back today after work. not going makes me feel even fatter.

i heard a really good phrase at the gym the other day. made me feel better about where i am at.

a trainer told his client "no one is fat at the gym" i mean which isn't true, but it made me feel a little better about being there
Old 07-10-2013, 06:18 AM   #1688
mnnicol
U mirin'?
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
Yeah, it makes me sad. Not super surprised, but sad, because I aspire towards a physique like that.

Let's be real though. Most of the guys making it in the fitness industry would test positive if the tests were 100% accurate even if they claim natural. =/

Also, wasn't Rob at your gym recently Senip for some chest promo. I remember seeing the Metroflex logo in flames.

Ah well mnnicol, at least Lavado is natty; https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...1965a3e30d3052
Everyone at his level is on some form of special "supplements", I'm sure (and understandably so, seeing they make their living off it), but a part of me always believed Rob Riches.

I suppose the idea of maintaining his BF% year-round and still managing to gain strength/mass is near impossible for a natural, but to get to his level of shreddedness with that amount of muscle?

Also, his response regarding the drug test:

http://www.robrichesfitness.com/did-...l-a-drug-test/
Old 07-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #1689
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf

Old 07-10-2013, 11:59 PM   #1690
DarkAngelKanna
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Location: In a box, my igloo melted last year thanks to global warming.
Send a message via Skype™ to DarkAngelKanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
The loose skin on your stomach is fat, so in order to firm it up you've got to lose it while maintaining those tummy muscles.

A good weight for your frame is impossible to know without seeing what you look like, but you could certainly start with a goal of losing 15 lbs.

I would just make sure you're focusing a lot of your workout time to resistance training, either by using weights or by doing bodyweight exercises. If you want to 'tone' your tummy you do not want to do exclusively cardio. The precise amount of time you spend working out though doesn't really matter; however long you feel you need to workout to get a good workout and lose weight is what you should be doing, and that's going to vary depending on your body type etc.

30-60 minutes is usually a good workout time though.

Excellent point. I have an odd body type, so I'll post a picture soon here. I'm going to do a workout on Sunday (Tied up with extra work hours until then) so I'll post a pic in my workout clothes and current weight/height.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:03 PM   #1691
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

so Rob Riches only tested positive for Craze.

if this supplement sounds at all appealing to you, I suggest you stock up because it's going through the stupid cycle that every effective supplement goes through:

1. People in Australia have a freakout over it because they ban everything, and/or someone dies from doing something really stupid with it

2. Competitive organizations ban it

3. Australia formally bans it

4. Australia-lite countries (Canada, UK) ban it

5. "OMG the rest of the world has wised up and banned this, how can you be so stupid America, the rest of the world is laughing at you"

6. FDA forces businesses to halt production

7. RIP 1,3-dimethylamylamine
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:30 PM   #1692
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

yeah but 1,3 dime was actually bad for you. Who knows how bad this shit is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.
Syhto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #1693
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

DMAA was only bad for you if you took it in stupid amounts, not bad for you at any dosage

and even if it was, so what? bodily autonomy is a monolithic principle here, the only rock-solid argument for banning a substance is if there is no way you can take it without interfering with someone else's autonomy
Old 07-12-2013, 04:22 AM   #1694
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

side note: it is interesting how

(A) Stepmania is the ONLY music game community I have seen to have a strong interest in fitness

(B) for that matter, one of the only video game communities I know to do this also

I wonder why this is?

my hypothesis is that the same drive that makes someone want to get higher scores on a song is also the same drive that would make someone want to break PRs on lifts, but if anyone can think of a more plausible reason let me know
Old 07-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #1695
Poison-
Nope
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I know that back when I was into competitive Halo, that community had a huge amount of people that were into fitness, so it's not the only one I've seen
Poison- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:20 AM   #1696
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Interesting. Every guy I have known personally who was huge into Halo also saw being fit as a kind of responsibility, because many of them either were from military families or admired military traits themselves. Was that the case with that Halo forum?
Old 07-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #1697
Poison-
Nope
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

There was certainly a good amount with military backgrounds, but most of the people I knew that were into fitness were doing it to break the stereotype that all gamers were skinny nerds
Poison- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #1698
Senip
Forum User

Man, nerds will do anything if it gives them points. Fitocracy is a case in point. "I fuckin WALKED UP THE STAIRS! and got points! aw hell yeah gonna do this shit"
Old 07-12-2013, 05:08 PM   #1699
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

God, I'm trying to eat less and I am getting the worst headaches in the universe.
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #1700
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

drink water