Old 05-4-2015, 05:37 PM   #1
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

Default jTWG LXXIV: or maybe it's sundance idk - POST GAME

jTWG LXXIV: or maybe it's sundance idk

TOWN WINS.

Players
1. XelNya - Lynched Day 0 (Odd Night Bulletproof)
2. danceflashrevo - Survived to Win (Tracker)
3. storn42 - Survived to Win (Vanilla Town)
4. _Zenith_ - Lynched Day 1 (Wolf)
5. Charles Claythorne - Lynched Day 2 (Vanilla Town)
6. Funnygurl555 - Survived to Win (Vanilla Town)
7. Red Blaster - Lynched Day 3 (Wolf)
8. blindreper1179 - Killed Night 3 (Vanilla Town)
9. choof - Killed Night 1 (Vanilla Town)

General comments:
This was a surprisingly fun game to mod. No horrendous amounts of drama, some ballsy (albeit not particularly helpful in their own right) plays by various people, and some really awesome plays led to an all around fun game to watch and laugh at while you guys ran in circles

Player comments:

XelNya: i mean, I really don't have a lot to say here. you were insta'd while you were at work when someone got a very lucky guess and claimed your role while you couldn't CC. sorry that happened lmao.

danceflashrevo: holy shit probably one of the best plays i've seen from you. figuring out that blind was actually vt and not cc'ing until after blind was dead was super awesome on your part and probably ultimately led to town winning. i don't think town would've won if you'd CC'd right away necessarily

storn42: you played so laid back this game. which is good, it's better than getting really defensive, but even as town, you have to at least try more than just on the last day :P not bad overall

_Zenith_: you made a super risky play and got SUPER fucking lucky that the person who could've CCd you wasn't even around and then you got him insta'd while he was away. you also got lucky you managed to claim one of the roles that was actually in this setup. for future reference: claiming in a game like this isn't necessarily a good thing to do because you can easily out yourself. you just got lucky you didn't this game. but in any case, it was a super ballsy play that was fun to watch play out so gg for you

Charles Claythorne: you were really, really tunnel vision'd on FG this game (and vice versa, will be mentioning again when i get to her). i think honestly this wasn't a great game from you. i didn't think you were as wolfy as dfr and fg thought, but hey, i'm a little biased.

funnygurl555: like i said, you were really really tunnel vision on mashi, same as he was you. i think you could've played a better game and i think you know that. i know you wanted to be replaced, and i just want to say thank you for sticking it out. made the game a lot easier for everyone i think.

red blaster: you actually played a really good game. You made a couple slips here and there but you were just UTR enough for it to not matter until the very end, which is pretty commendable if you ask me. I'm surprised you didn't kill blind earlier, but it's probably good you didn't. you would've lost the game faster i think. if you had killed dfr like you had been thinking at one point, you might've been able to pull it off. oh well, hindsight is 20/20 and all that. but seriously -- good job. that was a really good game from you.

blindreper1179: you're one ballsy mother fucker, you know that?? i think you and dfr together won the game for town. if dfr had cc'd you though, you'd have been dead faster than you'd be able to type "i'm vt". you're super lucky that didn't happen.

choof: lol you died night 1. sorry man. same as xelnya, not much to say. you were fear-killed though, so that has to say something right???

alright so I can't decide between blind and dfr
Co-MVPs: danceflashrevo and blindreper1179

wolfchat for your viewing pleasure: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/XXVtW9Pji7iM

fun game guys, i made a few mistakes myself so sorry about that, but i hope you guys had fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
it's like putting training wheels on gutterguards covered in styrofoam made of bubblewrap with a velcro fanny pack inside a condom

Last edited by Cold Kitten; 05-4-2015 at 05:47 PM..
Cold Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-4-2015, 05:46 PM   #2
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: jTWG LXXIV: or maybe it's sundance idk - POST GAME

my role isn't bolded :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
"I think storn is town but he doesn't have a shirt on" - Roundbox
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post

storn42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-4-2015, 05:48 PM   #3
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

i literally just fixed that lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
it's like putting training wheels on gutterguards covered in styrofoam made of bubblewrap with a velcro fanny pack inside a condom
Cold Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-4-2015, 06:27 PM   #4
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

Thanks cold! I really wanna see what Sun has to say lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
blindreper1179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-4-2015, 06:36 PM   #5
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

Same haha. Thanks for the co-mvp <3

Why are you here?
danceflashrevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-4-2015, 06:43 PM   #6
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Xelnya post where?
Quote:
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
what's a milky christmas :O
Red Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-4-2015, 06:44 PM   #7
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Just to clarify, the no-kill was me forgetting/not having time to send in another actual kill that night lol
Quote:
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
Old 05-4-2015, 09:37 PM   #8
Charles Claythorne
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to Charles Claythorne Send a message via Skype™ to Charles Claythorne

I think this game might be in the running for one of the best jTWGs, frankly. I was disappointed that I was lynched and the rushed manner it was done, but that's simply a minor complaint in a game that was composed of various Players completely exceeding expectations with solid performances on both the Human and Wolf Teams. Embarrassingly, you all actually performed better than the two veterans (Funnygurl and I) by a landslide. However, I think that might be more of a commentary on the general skill and improvement of you 'junior' TWGers than anything major regarding us. That said, we should probably try to avoid a mishap like that in the future, Funnygurl!

XelNya - Sorry that you ended up getting lynched Day 0! I don't think people were generally that suspicious of you, it just turned out that you ended up being the last minute lynch in a mostly hectic Day Phase. I don't think you were really being that suspicious, aside from a few combatative remarks made, so you really just got the short end of the stick, given that you were absent when it was lynch time.

danceflashrevo - Amazing, amazing, amazing. I'm actually a bit ashamed of myself for having read through the topic twice and not coming to the conclusion that you and blindreper Role swapped. It was excellently done. Perhaps a more diligent Player than I would have picked up on it, but seeing as a more diligent Player wasn't in the game, the manner you and blindreper Role swapped more than adequate.

I noticed Day 0 that you were particularly more confident and perseverant in your opinions and reads and I liked that. Always feel free to assert yourself and don't be afraid to give your opinion.

I'm happy that you read through the thread and came up with conclusions yourself. Unfortunately, due to my zoning in on Funnygurl, I think I somewhat misled the Humans, but considering you and blindreper's skillful dupe, you were able to confirm her the last Day Phase and avoid a disastrous lynch. You've made me proud. Keep being awesome.

storn42 - Sorry for being suspicious of you Day 0! Just how Day 0 goes usually though, it's not uncommon for Human on Human suspicions. As the game progressed though, it seemed to me that you were starting to get a hang of things and making some decent reads. You were suspicious of Zenith fairly handily Day 0, so good job!

Your crowning achievement is definitely your Mashi post tbh. I'm so proud of you!!! Best post in the topic tbh

Your points on Red Blaster were mostly good and very analytical. I think Red Blaster might have managed to pull a decent defense if he had the time, but if you persevered, I think you would have convinced everyone if they needed any.

_Zenith_ - I think your soft claim would have been more suitable later in the game than Day 0, but for what it was worth, I don't think it was too bad of a play. That is to say, I think you could have lived beyond Day 0 without the soft claim. Hard claiming wasn't a good call though. In most matrix/semi-open setups, it's best to hard claim mid or late game, because you can usually make a more informed decision on which Special to false claim as to ensure no counterclaim. You still got the Bulletproof lynched, which isn't bad at all!

Putting storn at L-1 was a mistake on your part, but an understandable one. You're a new Player, so you're still learning and I doubt you'll make it again next time.

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I felt your many posts in the topic in which you questioned people and gave input seemed pretty Human.

Funnygurl555 - Aside from our tunneling, I think I was too harsh when I said your performance, if you were Human, was the worst I've seen. You were the first to catch Zenith and made the right call with Red Blaster in the end, after all!

The primary thing that bothered me about your performance though was that you were absolutely confident that I was a Wolf and didn't respond to the points I made against you. I mentioned in a post that I was willing to take a look at Red Blaster (before I was RUDELY Insta'd!!!) and might have done so sooner if we got off on the right footing. But when you say silly things like "I'm not a clever wolf" and similar, I get put in doubt!

Red Blaster - You may have lost, but your performance was absolutely solid and I'm extraordinarily proud of you. I at first thought that the wolfing choices were more detrimental than good, but having thought them over, they were pretty ingenious and I applaud you for coming up with them. Your wolfing on choof over blindreper 'the Investigator,' was a perfect distraction; while people were wondering why the Wolves went after choof over the obvious Investigator, they completely ignored that choof has been on your case since the start of the game. Wolfing choof was definitely a good call, as I think he would have ran after you had he lived even a Phase longer than he did.

But you excelled even in the thread too. Your contributions were well thought-out and very Human-minded, so I applaud you for that. Admittedly, I was a bit misguided in judging some of the good points you brought up (choof was right that you were much more proactive this game), but that's merely a meta tell. If you continue with exceptional performances, as I expect you will, that'll be a moot point and we'll see you consistently contributing informative input in future games.

I think what I'm most impressed about though is that you were able to make Human seeming posts while still remaining under the radar. You let Funnygurl and I bout it out and successfully avoided other drama in the thread. Expertly done. I think people are going to become a bit cautious of you now, given your excellent Wolf performance this game.

blindreper1179 - Outright amazing. Amazing. When Zenith was outed as a Wolf based on XelNya's flip, your claim as Investigator was nearly flawlessly done. It would have backfired (well, more like simply not worked) if there were a Jailkeeper in the game, but it seems we got a bit lucky with the setup. You were able to convince danceflashrevo to Role swap with you, which was a brilliant play on your part. I said in my advice post that I would recommend against false claiming, since it would cause more confusion than good (at least, if not done properly), but you false claimed exactly as you should have; you saved a Special and more or less secured a victory for the Humans. Fantastic job.

choof - I think the last game of yours I've read was your one game on LLF, so I was pretty shocked when I saw that you were serious and contributive you were from the get-go. Phenomenal play; there's a reason you were wolfed Night 1. I'm not doubtful that you would have caught Red Blaster if you lived to Day 1. Keep doing your best, you seem to be a very accurate and deductive Human.

Last edited by Charles Claythorne; 05-4-2015 at 09:39 PM..
Charles Claythorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-4-2015, 09:49 PM   #9
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

thanks mashi! I didn't know if it was going to work or not, but I went with it anyways. I'm so glad I caught onto dfr wondering about me. I'm even more impressed when I said "I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO DO, DON'T" didn't catch anyone on but dfr.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-4-2015, 11:00 PM   #10
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

What pissed me off is people expected me to CC when I gave like 12+ hours notice I wouldn't be here. The fuck guys. I have more to say but I'm at work.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-4-2015, 11:34 PM   #11
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

We didn't *expect* you to as you said you were at work. It sucks he got away with it either way.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-5-2015, 12:21 AM   #12
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

I just want to say overall this was a really good game. Sorry I couldn't be a decent vet, but yeah you guys still rocked it~
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-5-2015, 12:28 AM   #13
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
What pissed me off is people expected me to CC when I gave like 12+ hours notice I wouldn't be here. The fuck guys. I have more to say but I'm at work.
I tried to defend you
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-5-2015, 01:30 AM   #14
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

definitely a great game, everyone pulled serious weight
wolves had some unfortunate mishaps, but otherwise played really well
I was watching from the sidelines with the knowledge that rb was final wolf, and up until the last day, I was pretty sure we were gonna lose
choof is offline   Reply With Quote