Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Batch Forum > Completed Sets
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2020, 11:52 AM   #11
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Official Tournament 13 Batch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
I mean, he could have not judged it at all. Every OT batch we've always reserved the right to take the file out of the batch if it wasn't going to meet our Tournament requirements anyway to save time for the things that do. I don't know why you're getting so defensive and pissed about one single note given to you that is relevant to the batch in this case, but you could have received just that note and nothing more, he still took his time to give you a thorough judgement.
First off to respond to the last part, that is exactly why I made it a first and foremost point to thank him for the notes, and I meant that. That's why it was first.

However, not only is there literally zero effort to mention anything about any V2 not being a viable choice for a tournament file. (Source.) So you don't even have a ground on that front. Any issue is that the note hits a requirement that isn't specified anywhere, and that's why it was completely wrong to attach that note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
I'm going to walk away from this response and do the right thing and say one thing: this was my personal opinion and wasn't a note. It literally had nothing to do with the notes on the song itself -- and I'm not the one who makes final judgment on what does or doesn't go into the OT batch.

I appreciate you placing your immaturity on full display for everyone who is being respectful and engaging in conversations during disagreements.
It's totally a note, and no amount of explanations from you change that because despite your intentions, you've presented it in the way I interpreted it. We can argue semantics all day, and frankly you would lose that argument to me one-hundred percent of the time. There's no statement that it's an opinion, and even then, setting that aside, the statement is completely inappropriate to be there, because there's no stated rule about it, or mention of it. (Source.)

Also Choof, Halogen has already stated examples, so there's a history of it being done. Halogen has literally just admitted that I am right to have called out that note being completely inappropriate.

Also Halogen, did you really just say I was being immature? Is it where I called what you said "the most stupid, mindless, and absurd fucking thing, I've ever seen attached to simfile notes"? Then follow it up with a point for comparison, which is something I've seen judges making an active effort, and I've been told, to not do anymore? A point I've had happen to me personally twice? For a file you've actually looked at yourself which makes the reference even stronger? Is it because I used abrasive language? Get over yourself - really. Trying to be the bigger man and walking away? Buddy, you didn't. You still said your piece. Try again.

I called you out because what you said isn't fine, it's not ok, and Kayla, there isn't a public justification for it to be not acceptable for an official based on the reason cited. The file is not strong enough to be in the official, I accept that. But that one particular note has no reason to be there.

Oh, and to finish off:

Quote:
I don't know why you're getting so defensive and pissed about one single note given to you that is relevant to the batch in this case...
I'm upset because of the precedent it sets. It literally tells me my work would have been for nothing, because of some silly requirement, that I didn't even know existed. Do you really think I didn't check the submission guidelines? I did.

Quote:
[OT 13 Batch]

This batch is open!

Submission Period: January 1st - June 14th

Submission Criteria

Submissions will go through the batch submission section located
here please make sure you select the proper batch for submission. If you have any questions on how to use this area please feel free to drop them here or reach out via DM or Discord Azlynn #4286

This batch will follow the regular batch rules such as song artist permission and submission formatting. Please be sure to look those over prior to submitting. You do not need to submit to the email as well, only the batch submission area.

Rules/guidelines for this special batch:

*Songs must be at least 1:30 long
*Prefer them to be under 4:30 long
*Ranges needed starting at level 20 and going up from there into the 100s
*We lean more towards files that test multiple skills rather than stressing one. There have been times where we get swamped with jump stream files. If that happens files may get kicked back into the regular submissions.
*You may request a file submitted to another batch be moved to this one. We will look it over and decide if it fits the tournament theme.
*Keep in mind this is a longer-term batch and the OT will not start until the summer so anything you submit here will not be getting released right away and judgements will be slower.
Let's for the sake of argument respond to each requirement, that I met.

1. YEP. Totes is.
2. Oh a preference. SKIP.
3. Certainly hits the wide range, that's for sure.
4. Jumpgluts + Minijacks + Short Streams + mini trills + Speed. Check!
5. Not relevant.
6. Oh again, not relevant.

So I certainly meet the requirements you've presented me with.

In short, just get some better clarifications of what you're looking for, and make sure stuff is spelled out. Then you won't have this problem, although I will say, the unspoken "rule" that a V2 can't be a tourney file because a V1 is gated, is one you really ought to reconsider.

PS:
Quote:
I mean, he could have not judged it at all. Every OT batch we've always reserved the right to take the file out of the batch if it wasn't going to meet our Tournament requirements anyway to save time for the things that do.
As grateful as I am for the notes, this is your problem, and not mine. Don't push it to sound like you're just being generous, that's not how that works.

Have a good one.