Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2008, 09:55 AM   #1421
SuperSonicX
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to SuperSonicX
Default Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

That is probably the most unusual final smash that I've ever heard of.

If practice makes perfect, but no one has reached perfection, then why the hell practice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
Welcome aboard. I'm a noob also, so don't feel bad.

Cheers,

Synthlight
SuperSonicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:02 AM   #1422
Shashakiro
TWO THOUZAND COMBO
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Shashakiro

They'll probably nerf all the really top tier characters from Melee, especially Shiek. Or they'll just make everyone else better to even it out.

I honestly hope they do. A new game should bring new techniques/strategies, not just be a prettier environment to play the previous game in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogiebear
use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.
Shashakiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:05 PM   #1423
DigitalS3r4ph
I'm Tsuka
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to DigitalS3r4ph Send a message via MSN to DigitalS3r4ph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttoxin View Post
I have to say, this is probably the best final smash that they've linked to a character. The only problem is what if you're not on his world? What if you're on... say, Brinstar and then he flys up in his space ship. Where the hell would those boogers come from?!? The lava?!?
The same place Snake's helicopter and Sonic's Up-Special spring comes from.

Their asses.

PM me if you find the secret.
DigitalS3r4ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:51 PM   #1424
Loyal2Death
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
They'll probably nerf all the really top tier characters from Melee, especially Shiek. Or they'll just make everyone else better to even it out.

I honestly hope they do. A new game should bring new techniques/strategies, not just be a prettier environment to play the previous game in.
Highly doubtful. They gave Sheik the exact same move set as before so unless they changed where her power is designated she'll be just as cheap as she was before. (I shouldn't say that, but she did get priority to pretty much everything and could just go out and swat you and come back. She had a sex kick for everyone of her moves man it was just irritating.)

Are you Loyal?
Nows the time to choose
Die and be free of pain.
Or live and fight your sorrow.
Loyal2Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:05 PM   #1425
l2awr
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to l2awr Send a message via MSN to l2awr Send a message via Yahoo to l2awr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyal2Death View Post
Highly doubtful. They gave Sheik the exact same move set as before so unless they changed where her power is designated she'll be just as cheap as she was before. (I shouldn't say that, but she did get priority to pretty much everything and could just go out and swat you and come back. She had a sex kick for everyone of her moves man it was just irritating.)
Ya but other characters countered her
l2awr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:11 PM   #1426
Loyal2Death
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2awr View Post
Ya but other characters countered her
Oh I know. I'm not saying it to complain, but my friend tends to be of the dash variety and then "Ok, you're at a high enough percentage I'll swat you now." I have no problem beating him as a Marth, but its severely agitating, because I have to constantly stay in a battle of grabs and distance attacks because he does the same thing constantly.

Also, I find it extremely annoying when people knock others off at 30% and cliffhang so they can't get back on. It is part of the game, I know, but it's just distasteful to me, and my friend represents everything I hate about people who think they are playing competitively.

Shiek is fine by me, I just hope they dulled down how much she can pull of in the air, because whenever she was up there she could essentially eliminate any type of air game if you don't have a quick character.

The game is supposed to be fun, but he tends to pick the same types of characters and does the same thing, meanwhile I'm expected to keep ground when I'm playing defunct characters like Bowser, because its funny to scream when I taunt him, you know?

Are you Loyal?
Nows the time to choose
Die and be free of pain.
Or live and fight your sorrow.
Loyal2Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:47 PM   #1427
Shashakiro
TWO THOUZAND COMBO
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Shashakiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyal2Death View Post
Moveset doesn't mean jack.

Kirby has almost the exact same moveset in Melee as in the original. Kirby is arguably the best character in the original and sucks balls in SSBM. The same is true of Ness and, to some extent, Pikachu. In fact, none of the movesets underwent significant change from the first game to the second as far as I can tell, but the balance of power sure did.

The names and appearnce of the moves don't matter, it's how they're implemented. They can keep all of the same moves and still nerf the character by making them slow, have recharge times, have less reach, etc.

It seems to me in the spirit of Nintendo to change where the power lies character-wise. They definitely did that for the first game, and again, I hope they do for the second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogiebear
use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.

Last edited by Shashakiro; 01-17-2008 at 04:49 PM..
Shashakiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:58 PM   #1428
SuperSonicX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Moveset doesn't mean jack.

The names and appearnce of the moves don't matter, it's how they're implemented. They can keep all of the same moves and still nerf the character by making them slow, have recharge times, have less reach, etc.
This, I agree with. Your character can have some of the strongest moves in the game, but its how you use them that depends on if they'll be as effective as they are expected to be.

Oh and yes, Kirby sucked ass in SSBM.

If practice makes perfect, but no one has reached perfection, then why the hell practice?

Quote:

Cheers,

Synthlight
Old 01-17-2008, 05:11 PM   #1429
RoastedNoob
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Loyal2Death.. "because he does the same thing constantly." If that's the case, can't you just simply counter it?

..and I found this to be an interesting read: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=136872
I'm sure everyone on this page would find it to be the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Fallen- View Post
Still lol'ing at the ******ry some people are posting and actually being mad over a video game being delayed. Oh no everyone, hurry and go end your pitiful lives. So ridiculous.

owait, Brawl related.. I doubt this game deserves a 40/40. Some super nerd who knows every aspect of Melee will find something wrong with Brawl and then all the hype will die out shortly.
Hey, man. I take offense to that.. I spent the next two nights in a hospital after I found out about the delay. They had to pump my stomach for hours. I took every pill I could find, because I was so upset.

Lol, I'm not mad about it. It just sucks. Why are you even here? I come back after a few months to post once, and this guy is here to pick on me. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about in either paragraph. Why even bother posting here, man? oO

Last edited by RoastedNoob; 01-17-2008 at 05:37 PM..
RoastedNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 05:50 PM   #1430
Buttoxin
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSonicX View Post
Oh and yes, Kirby sucked ass in SSBM.
My sister's best character is Kirby. So just guess how good she is! And I say best because kirby is the ONLY character she uses.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:02 PM   #1431
SuperSonicX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Fallen- View Post
Still lol'ing at the ******ry some people are posting and actually being mad over a video game being delayed. Oh no everyone, hurry and go end your pitiful lives. So ridiculous.

owait, Brawl related.. I doubt this game deserves a 40/40. Some super nerd who knows every aspect of Melee will find something wrong with Brawl and then all the hype will die out shortly.
QFT. If you have nothing real to contribute to this discussion, then GET OUT! No one cares about your opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttoxin View Post
My sister's best character is Kirby. So just guess how good she is! And I say best because kirby is the ONLY character she uses.
Wait. Do you mean good as in like she's legendary or good as in like good enough to actually survive the first 5 minutes of a battle?

Quote:

Cheers,

Synthlight

Last edited by SuperSonicX; 01-17-2008 at 06:06 PM.. Reason: 1+1=3.......BRILLIANT!!!
Old 01-17-2008, 06:10 PM   #1432
RoastedNoob
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I'm attempting to teach my little sister to play. She's always been into videogames growing up around me. She played Melee a bit when she was like 7, but sucked. She loved Sheik. Maybe she's old enough to actually play now.

Buttoxin!! Let's battle our sisters like pokemon, and bet on the winner! HA!!! That would be quite entertaining. =p
RoastedNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:17 PM   #1433
SuperSonicX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoastedNoob View Post
I'm attempting to teach my little sister to play. She's always been into videogames growing up around me. She played Melee a bit when she was like 7, but sucked. She loved Sheik. Maybe she's old enough to actually play now.

Buttoxin!! Let's battle our sisters like pokemon, and bet on the winner! HA!!! That would be quite entertaining. =p
I got 5 bucks on RoastedNoob!

Quote:

Cheers,

Synthlight
Old 01-17-2008, 06:23 PM   #1434
Zeldafan8
FFR Player

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hya! hya! hya! STRAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!!! Well that takes care of him...............
I cant believe its delayed AGAIN UNTIL March 9th!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have an inside story a friend of mine said his uncle works for Nintendo and somethingcalled like a fire virus or something like that or something got in to Nintendos computer and DESTROYED the game!!!!!!(but I kinda dont believe him) What do you guys (or girls) think?

PLEASE CLICK THE EGGS!
Zeldafan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:41 PM   #1435
SuperSonicX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldafan8 View Post
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hya! hya! hya! STRAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!!! Well that takes care of him...............
I cant believe its delayed AGAIN UNTIL March 9th!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have an inside story a friend of mine said his uncle works for Nintendo and somethingcalled like a fire virus or something like that or something got in to Nintendos computer and DESTROYED the game!!!!!!(but I kinda dont believe him) What do you guys (or girls) think?
Was this even necessary? Okay, first of all, that "delayed date" was announced a little while back. Second, no offense but you really have to lay off the National Inquirer (however its spelled). And finally, the fire virus story is kinda bogus because they would've announced it in the smashbros website. Think before you post. That's all I ask of you.

Quote:

Cheers,

Synthlight
Old 01-17-2008, 06:57 PM   #1436
arsonistsgetallthegirls
FFR Player

I can't get over how strange captain olimar's moveset is...
Even the final smash was strange.

[Trust me, This user is your friend.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeron View Post
Holy ****, civility in the forums?! My head just asploded.
Wait, What?
arsonistsgetallthegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:37 PM   #1437
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

It's not strange if you've actually played Pikmin.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:46 PM   #1438
Relambrien
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Relambrien Send a message via MSN to Relambrien

It's strange in that it's completely off-the-wall for Smash.

Even the Ice Climbers weren't that strange; they use fitting attacks, there's just two of them. Olimar's entire being is different from traditional Smash.
Relambrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:54 PM   #1439
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relambrien View Post
It's strange in that it's completely off-the-wall for Smash.

Even the Ice Climbers weren't that strange; they use fitting attacks, there's just two of them. Olimar's entire being is different from traditional Smash.
does it have to be traditional???? no. brawl is having what sometimes melee lacked (because of the clones but it was not a big deal) and that is variety,
that these new characters break the standards of smash is actually good, unless there was never really an standard and we just played melee for a long period of time XD
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:57 PM   #1440
Relambrien
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Relambrien Send a message via MSN to Relambrien

Did I ever say it had to be traditional? No.
Did I ever say that strange is inherently bad? No.

Squeek said Olimar isn't strange if you've played Pikmin. I said that in terms of Smash, he is. That's it.
Relambrien is offline   Reply With Quote