Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-7-2005, 05:44 PM   #41
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

Blah, I know you've been busy lately, but you're sounding very hypocritical. The last, what, three games you've been almost completely silent? At least let someone who was posting a lot repremand everyone else on their inactivity. :\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 06-7-2005, 05:46 PM   #42
hydrojakep
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to hydrojakep Send a message via AIM to hydrojakep Send a message via MSN to hydrojakep Send a message via Yahoo to hydrojakep

After reading this thread, i hope this isnt the end of twg. I just got done with jtwg and after realising how stupid it was i wanted to move up. Hell i pretty much won jtwgVI alone :\. Jtwg doesnt need to be erased completely, just changed... a lot. The hosts dont really know what they're doing (i'm serious) and the players are really inactive. The raffle idea sounded good at first, but now i'm thinking, how will we get regulars? Instead of abolishing jtwg, just add another twg. Sign ups would be 32 people, and the game is split according to "skill" and all that. That would be a good way to even games out.

Old 06-7-2005, 06:02 PM   #43
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
Network Security Analyst
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR Send a message via MSN to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR

ok, my thoughts is not to get rid of jTWG because first timers and beginners (like myself) need a place to learn. Instead, you should make the group smaller like -10 or something just to get a feel of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightdarkness
I'm light f**king darkness
Old 06-7-2005, 06:13 PM   #44
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky

I agree with hydro. If you want to abolish jTWG, go ahead. But in replacement, make it a, uh, non-discriminatory game. TWG: Double Trouble, or whatever the hell you want to call it. I wouldn't say split the game according to skill, because that will certainly make the game more interesting.

Raffle idea: I don't like it. The people that are most dedicated to play the game are the people that make the 30 second sign up windows. It would NOT be a good idea to randomly pick, because you'll end up pulling people in who signed up for the hell of it, and won't be great at this whole activity thing.

-Two games at a time, no jTWG.
-Keep the timed sign ups.
-Maybe add in an All Star game every now and then, to maybe make a game to what it usually would be.

Also, I agree with talisman. Chardish, I think you may be overreacting a bit. One game of inactivity does not mean the end of TWG as we know it. Everything was circumstantial, the players that were killed, the way Tass was acting, etc. I think TWG needs a bit of renovation, but nothing major.
Old 06-7-2005, 07:49 PM   #45
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

None of the blame for this can be put on me. I still play this game the same laid back way I've always played. I post a whole bunch to defend myself and point out obvious stuff people might have missed and depend on other people to figure it out, because I can't analyze people worth shit. Even if I had survived to the end, I'd probably just be pissed because I was the only one posting. But I never survive to the end, because I won't shut the hell up so the wolves shut me up for them. Assholes.

And I still believe the solution is an AIM TWG. It was attempted before but failed due to nobody being around to play it. I would love to sit on the computer for an hour or two and play a chat-based TWG, especially now that summer is here and I have plenty of time. The only limiting factor is whether or not the wireless will be a complete bitch and let me play or not, and I can always just ask to use mom's computer for a few hours, since it doesn't have as bad a wireless card and is closer to the router.

But really, people are most interested at the beginning of the game, especially when there's little time left in the day to vote. If you had 10-15 minute days where quick decisions had to be made and thoughts thrown out quickly to be analyzed and voted on, it would be a lot more fun. It'd be as close to real life Mafia we could get, given that we're all so far apart. If we could do AIM TWGs often enough, it would be a good arena to try new ideas quickly to see if they're worth doing a drawn-out TWG with.

But may be we do need a short break from TWG. I, personally, hardly ever play TWG anymore since I die all the time. Argh.

Oh, and another suggestion: every once in a while, play in a jTWG, and let jTWG people play in TWG. Being one of the smartest people in a game makes it more exciting, and gives you more of a chance to try out crazy stuff. It also helps the jTWG newbs learn some from the more experienced players (and even more if they get to be in TWG itself). Mixing it up like this will help jTWG people "graduate" to TWG faster, meaning we'll have more people and more interest. It will also spark more interest in the TWGers doing jTWG because they'll be at the top, where only a few of us have been before, and able to manipulate people. You get a whole new perspective on the game when you're in the different playing brackets (top player, middle player, terrible player). We've all been in the bad player phase, pretty much, but getting the experience as middle and top level players in a game makes it more interesting.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 06-7-2005, 10:37 PM   #46
User6773

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah18
But I mean, all you pansies have to stop looking for exscuses as to why you odn't do jack shit
Quote:
But I mean, all you pansies have to stop looking for exscuses as to why you odn't do jack shit
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
HE SPEAKS GREAT TRUTHS

Old 06-8-2005, 03:11 AM   #47
HansSky
FFR Player

Quote:
Blah, I know you've been busy lately, but you're sounding very hypocritical. The last, what, three games you've been almost completely silent? At least let someone who was posting a lot repremand everyone else on their inactivity. :\
So does she.
Old 06-8-2005, 03:15 AM   #48
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansSky
Quote:
So does she.
So does he.
Old 06-8-2005, 06:58 AM   #49
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightdarkness
Quote:
Quote:
So does she.
So does he.
QFE. lol rhymage

Actually, the quote I'd like to QFE is something Jake said on page 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrojakep
The hosts dont really know what they're doing (i'm serious)
Now, I'm not trying to pick on any one host. But honestly, I want to play a game where the HOST knows the RULES. I want to be able to ask the host a question and get an answer (ps a correct one kthxbai), not an "I'll ask Tass."

I'm especially not trying to pick on Dan, since he's been having a hard time hosting and it's not his fault. I used this quote, though, to give as recent an example as I could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_lewis20
ok, 5 votes on BBQ makes an instalynch. Psycho and Tank hasn't voted, so they each get phantoms.
sdajhbearjhbaejhbeac

That seriously pained me when I read it. The solution? Have people from TWG host jTWGs. This idea would be especially more relevant if we used the "get rid of the discriminating jTWG tag, just have two running TWG games" idea. I think this would give players more of a sense of security in the fact that the rules work. I know I haven't felt that way.. ever. I would say jTWG IV, but Spheroid (damn good host by the way) first tried a game with 14 people, or something like that, and the game got all screwed up and had to restart.

I think that's enough use of my brain today. Time to go play SMO and not think at all :>
Old 06-8-2005, 08:27 AM   #50
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Yea, better hosts are needed for jTWG, and more dedicated players are needed. When I played with them, it was a sorry sight. Though, a few were very good (dan, ep, hydro). So, don't know what to do from here.

Chardish, what's up with INF 2 ?
Old 06-8-2005, 10:54 AM   #51
mead1
Cerebellumberjack
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to mead1 Send a message via Skype™ to mead1

I am really liking the sound of this two TWG suggestion. It answers all of our concerns, and generally makes everybody happy.
Old 06-8-2005, 03:29 PM   #52
hydrojakep
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to hydrojakep Send a message via AIM to hydrojakep Send a message via MSN to hydrojakep Send a message via Yahoo to hydrojakep

Hey, my suggestion is popular. I think that seriously was the best thing said. And if not evened out, how about just random. You wont get to choose if you're in the "good game" or the "bad game". You're just in one of the two twg's. Sometimes you'll be in the same game as (super awesome twg guy/girl or not so super awesome twg guy/girl) so sometimes you'll be one of the more experianced or one of the less experianced.

Old 06-8-2005, 04:17 PM   #53
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Eh, I really don't like the idea. It waters down TWG, and boosts up jTWG. I guess it would make the game interesting because we would be experiencing all new play styles. I do like Blah's suggestion of different variations. Gives us a bit of change.
Old 06-8-2005, 04:22 PM   #54
ddrruler
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ddrruler

Quote:
I agree with hydro. If you want to abolish jTWG, go ahead. But in replacement, make it a, uh, non-discriminatory game. TWG: Double Trouble, or whatever the hell you want to call it. I wouldn't say split the game according to skill, because that will certainly make the game more interesting.

Raffle idea: I don't like it. The people that are most dedicated to play the game are the people that make the 30 second sign up windows. It would NOT be a good idea to randomly pick, because you'll end up pulling people in who signed up for the hell of it, and won't be great at this whole activity thing.

-Maybe add in an All Star game every now and then, to maybe make a game to what it usually would be.

Also, I agree with talisman. Chardish, I think you may be overreacting a bit. One game of inactivity does not mean the end of TWG as we know it. Everything was circumstantial, the players that were killed, the way Tass was acting, etc. I think TWG needs a bit of renovation, but nothing major.
Yea that seems like the right thing to do but it would make the 'Elite' complain constantly....
Old 06-8-2005, 04:32 PM   #55
Demon_Of_The_Comet
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Demon_Of_The_Comet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrruler
Quote:

Yea that seems like the right thing to do but it would make the 'Elite' complain constantly....

I think if were gonna end JTWG and have a split TWG, we should try to make sure inactive bullshit doesnt happen again. It really kills a game, not to mention how hard it is for the humans to win.

BTW IMO the "elite" should just deal with it, they were in our shoes at one time.
Originally Posted by jewpinthethird
If you are part of the 2% that isn\'t a ******, put this in your profile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by white_boy
firemon is in the top 10 sm list...dont talk (#$% to him.
Old 06-8-2005, 05:01 PM   #56
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

So wait, are you saying we still have two completely separate signups and two completely separate TWGs? Then nothing would change. The oldbies would all sign up for #1 and leave #2 for the newbies. The thing to do is to have ONE signup thread. So like, 30 people sign up there. Half of them will randomly be put in game A and half in game B. That way there would be no picking and choosing which game you're in. You may get placed with a bunch of other people your skill level, or may be not. It would literally mix things up quite a bit.

Of course, there's the issue of games not ending at the same time, and that the huge signups may not fill quickly (we all know how slow jTWG signups can be). However, this would give us that needed "break" everybody has been talking about. If there's more time between TWGs, there's more build up and more anticipation for it, so there's more interest. Some people may complain, but a healthy TWG is better than a bunch of rapid-fire TWGs.

And I still think we should have an "ad" in Chit-Chat concerning TWG. I'm sure there are people who would gladly play and enjoy if they only knew it existed. Another sticky couldn't hurt, really, so why not make one in Chit-Chat?

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 06-8-2005, 05:03 PM   #57
Tps222
FFR Player

No they weren't, there never was a jTWG for the 1st 7 or 8 games. So, anyone who is "elite" was good from the beginning. I guess it's something you can improve on, but not too much. A lot of it is natural.

I wanna play again
Old 06-8-2005, 05:07 PM   #58
HansSky
FFR Player

Eh, too many people will complain that we're whoring TWG around FFR. I don't think we want that right now.
Old 06-8-2005, 05:14 PM   #59
talisman
Resident Penguin

Send a message via AIM to talisman

I think the real problem with jTWG vs TWG is that in the former the average age is somewhere around 14 and in TWG is somewhere around 18... there's a real difference in the maturity of posts and general intellect. (You do get smarter between 14 and 18, trust me).

That said mixing might not be a bad thing, if it raises the standard of play for everyone.
Old 06-8-2005, 05:49 PM   #60
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Yup Yup Talisman...

No Sticky in Chit-Chat. There is one in CT, that is where it should be.

Demon... I was never at your level.