Old 02-16-2009, 07:05 PM   #841
meno_rocks123
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to meno_rocks123
Default Re: 2moons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
So I can't get the new patch to work. Anyone else having this problem? It patches and then fails, telling me that all the dekaron files need to be present and the history.config (which is present).

Initially my antivirus said it was a virus, so I turned it off...and yeah, it just doesn't work now. =/
This happens to everyone as far as I know.
Once it fails, restart the minilauncher (patcher) and let it patch a second time. It WILL work that second time.
What kind of anti-virus do you have? If you have avg I can help you out, but otherwise you'll have to figure it out on your own.
meno_rocks123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:22 PM   #842
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

I fixed it. It works after you add dekaron extreme as an exception under your resident shield.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:25 PM   #843
phe0nixblade
Praise the sun mofo
FFR Veteran

So wait is this game actually pretty tight? I saw some videos and it just looked kinda dumb..
Old 02-17-2009, 03:57 PM   #844
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf

K so I'm playing Act 6 on an Invite only server. There are about 5 people on it that arent GM's. It needs to be kept on the down low, GameHi is riding their ass because they think they might know that the server has the files. Pretty sick. But yeah anyway, the new skills are AWESOME, the transforms are even more awesome, and lets just say, I like some aloken wings ^_^

EDIT: K so the Deadlands is ridiculous too. The map reminds me of Expedition and requies mixed together. I know you all prob want screenies, but I'm going to make a video of my mage grinding in the dead lands when it hits 135 so just wait. 135 because thats when I get my last skill xD, I can just walk in the deadlands map, it's modded so that you can do so.

Last edited by SCWolf; 02-17-2009 at 04:01 PM..
SCWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:07 PM   #845
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Interesting SC. Do all classes get new skills? Gosh, as much as I think the Seg is pretty awesome, it needs some high level skills.

Also, does anyone know optimal point allocation for segs after rebirth? I mean, putting points into health is a no brainer since it raises HP + DEF, but what about spirit?

I'm thinking that if we only considered CF damage it's no more useful than adding it to DEX, so overall fairly useless (especially since getting to +9 weapon would outweigh the gain of putting all 250 points into dex), but spirit adds to healing ability as well. As such, it seems like points should be put into spirit. Not sure how much though.

Also, is there a faster way of getting coppers other than spending your money from Crespo A runs and just buying them off people? I mean, I've gotten them in drops, but they drop so infrequently that the lack of exp you get after level 160 on regular maps just seems to be a waste of time.

I've actually forged some +6 stuff, but have broken every +7 item I've tried to make. I'm actually curious; what are the going prices for +6 items on the market? (level 130+ stuff). I'm wondering if it would just be faster to sell +6 items and use the money to buy coppers - assuming the sale price is high enough, I'm assuming you would make a profit and could upgrade items faster in the long run. Let's consider an example: Baseline price for something like a +6 seg weapon would be: 15mil/copper x 3 = 45 mil, ~5mil/silver x 3 = 15 = 60 mil. Add the weapon price = ~80 mil to make the thing, assuming 100% success. So if you sold it for more than 2x that (say 200 mil) you could probably make a profit, but would anyone buy it?

It would also help TREMENDOUSLY if the success rates for upgrading on this server were known, since then you could just calculate out the exact price you would need to sell it for in order to make a long run profit. So, are the rates on this server even known? They're not the same as the official server.

Oh, and one last Q to anyone that knows: What enemies officially drop gold coppers? They're expensive to buy, so that's out of the question given you don't need many of them to begin with. I've gotten two before, both in the ruins out in the middle of nowhere, but I can't remember what enemies dropped them XD

But yeah, I'm almost 166, and given I'm off next week (spring break), I can probably find some time to get to 170 and rebirth ;o

Last edited by Reach; 02-17-2009 at 08:25 PM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:25 PM   #846
Flandre Scarlet
Death
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Flandre Scarlet

Started playing this once again, lvl 85 Seg after a day on Stone. Never got past lvl 46 on normal game before I stopped playing so I've been enojying curse field and max blood whip <3

Currently doing Crespo dungeons, went through C and got to the altar and ran out of mana pots so I was ****ed =/

Sorta just placing higher dex, heal a bit higher, and spr somewhat behind, and skills more focused on blood than heal.

Noob Seg ftw >_<

Old 02-18-2009, 01:31 AM   #847
meno_rocks123
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

k, so I'm going to be grinding on hinata for a while (try and get through two rebirths this week) and see what I can do with my armor.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:55 AM   #848
macgravel
Resident Poopbutt
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

What are rebirths? Also, me and my friend got to level 104. Where should we go to get some good gear or fight some good monsters?
macgravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:40 PM   #849
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
What are rebirths? Also, me and my friend got to level 104. Where should we go to get some good gear or fight some good monsters?
Check the first page for a monster guide - it lists the range of levels for monsters in each area, so at level 104 you'll probably want to go to Python Castle/Oread's Tomb. Isle of Avalon is also an option if you're soloing, as it's easy to solo there. There's also a dungeon in Crespo with three difficulties - you can check that out as well.

You will pick up armors and weapons at approximately the same level as the monsters in different areas, so look around. Go to higher level areas for better armors and weapons. e.g. you'll find level 100 and 115 sets around oread's tomb and doomed maze. Level 130 sets can be found in the ruins and pilgrimage.

Also, when you get to level 170 you can rebirth you character, which means you start at level 1, but with an extra 250 stat points. i.e. you start at level 1 with 265 stat points instead of 15.

Last edited by Reach; 02-18-2009 at 05:46 PM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:26 PM   #850
macgravel
Resident Poopbutt
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Oh snap. That's pretty cool. Thanks for the help. ;D
macgravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:39 PM   #851
Flandre Scarlet
Death
FFR Veteran

Got to lvl 90 tonight so far on Stone after like 40 mins from lvl 86. xD

Came across that Laiden thing in Crespo, after getting past the Luban's >_< but was potting/healing like mad, and took ~1/8th its hp before dying D:

Edit: I'm killing things somewhere within the good exp range for lvl 92, but are these mobs just strong, or I should keep up adding more heal? I can easily kill these with curse field/dread nail/evil spear skills one after another. Need to find some damn medials too x_x

Last edited by Flandre Scarlet; 02-18-2009 at 10:40 PM..
Flandre Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:18 AM   #852
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Once you meet your weapon requirements you should put the rest into heal, IMO. Let's you take a lot more damage, especially with a seggy, given you can full heal yourself at any time basically.

And curse field is really overpowered and just ruins everything until much later on. Probably around doomed maze where a maxed CF won't cut it and you have to do a lot of micro to avoid getting swarmed and killed if you're soloing. Enemies at this point gain a lot more hp than you'll ever gain damage. Just pair up with a summy or something and you can take mobs right up into the ruins without too much trouble.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:10 PM   #853
KilikOdagawa
Zombie Dancer
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to KilikOdagawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
Once you meet your weapon requirements you should put the rest into heal, IMO. Let's you take a lot more damage, especially with a seggy, given you can full heal yourself at any time basically.

And curse field is really overpowered and just ruins everything until much later on. Probably around doomed maze where a maxed CF won't cut it and you have to do a lot of micro to avoid getting swarmed and killed if you're soloing. Enemies at this point gain a lot more hp than you'll ever gain damage. Just pair up with a summy or something and you can take mobs right up into the ruins without too much trouble.
Why do that with TayFun around?
Old 02-19-2009, 07:56 PM   #854
Flandre Scarlet
Death
FFR Veteran

Thank's for the advice Reach =P

Just picked up a +50 curse damage whip, but it's lvl 78 D; But should nonetheless with two lvl 40 curse rings and 4% curse gems keep my damage a little higher.

edit: got 2 copper argates and a siilver in like 5 minutes; <3 Isle of Avalon xD

Last edited by Flandre Scarlet; 02-19-2009 at 08:24 PM..
Flandre Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:53 AM   #855
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf

Flandre, in the time I'm not playing Act 6, i'll party up with you on stone and plvl the crap out of you. I'm lvl 160 with full +7, strongest Bagi on stone, so just look around draco teleporter and Loa Castle sometimes, i should be there, Thats usually where I hang out.

BTW which server are you playing on Mac? 1500?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilikOdagawa View Post
Why do that with TayFun around?
Tayfun* no capitol F.

EDIT: Pilgrimage doesn't work. Never will, because the GM's are too lazy to get the files. When I find an unpacker for the data pack, I'm going to patch a lot of things, such as the needle out the ass of the summoner, and the REAL summoner armour, not that glitched up grey crap. I will post links when I finish this.

I don't play much on eXtreme anymore because I have all the act 6 files on my computer. I have the aloken, Deadlands, 145 weapons, act 6 skills (including transformations), and the new Act 6 map. When this new server with act 6 is released to the public, i'll post it in this thread.

EDIT #2: As I play act 6 I can't believe that this game is free to play.... This is absolutely incredible...

Last edited by SCWolf; 02-20-2009 at 08:12 AM..
SCWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:00 AM   #856
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flandre Scarlet View Post
Thank's for the advice Reach =P

Just picked up a +50 curse damage whip, but it's lvl 78 D; But should nonetheless with two lvl 40 curse rings and 4% curse gems keep my damage a little higher.

edit: got 2 copper argates and a siilver in like 5 minutes; <3 Isle of Avalon xD
Apparently the best place to argate farm is doomed maze. I highly recommend - I was there last night for like 30 minutes and got 15 argates.

Three of which were stolen from me by an invisible hacker when he killed me LOL!

Thankfully Tayfun killed him
Old 02-20-2009, 08:18 AM   #857
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Tayfun is full +7 now.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:22 AM   #858
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCWolf View Post
Tayfun is full +7 now.
what, he isn't full +9 after all those rebirths? haha

Hell I'm almost full +6. I'll probably attempt some more +7s soon.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:27 AM   #859
Flandre Scarlet
Death
FFR Veteran

Got to lvl 97. Went to Crespo B and then had to go to bed haha, after the Lightning Zombies :< Good practice on luring, casting CF, then healing/running.

Usually I'm on from 7 to 11 EST, but since it's Friday I'll be up way into the night. Usually I can lvl a good 2-3 times an hour or more if I don't screw around.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:51 AM   #860
meno_rocks123
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCWolf View Post
Flandre, in the time I'm not playing Act 6, i'll party up with you on stone and plvl the crap out of you. I'm lvl 160 with full +7, strongest Bagi on stone, so just look around draco teleporter and Loa Castle sometimes, i should be there, Thats usually where I hang out.

BTW which server are you playing on Mac? 1500?

Tayfun* no capitol F.

EDIT: Pilgrimage doesn't work. Never will, because the GM's are too lazy to get the files. When I find an unpacker for the data pack, I'm going to patch a lot of things, such as the needle out the ass of the summoner, and the REAL summoner armour, not that glitched up grey crap. I will post links when I finish this.

I don't play much on eXtreme anymore because I have all the act 6 files on my computer. I have the aloken, Deadlands, 145 weapons, act 6 skills (including transformations), and the new Act 6 map. When this new server with act 6 is released to the public, i'll post it in this thread.

EDIT #2: As I play act 6 I can't believe that this game is free to play.... This is absolutely incredible...
I second this with all of my being.