Old 10-27-2010, 02:01 PM   #1821
revolutionomega
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to revolutionomega Send a message via MSN to revolutionomega
Default Re: Rock Band. More Awesome.

Exactly what fan said. The dlc covers so much, I like the variety in the actually in-game setlist.

My two biggest thumbs down worthy aspects of the game was the rating system (which is ****ed beyond belief) and the logistics of gameplay. Wayyy too similar to TBRB and not enough like RB2/GDRB which flowed much better IMO. Otherwise it's sick and I look forward to picking up piano, which I have already struggled with on easy/medium xD
Old 10-27-2010, 02:21 PM   #1822
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

My biggest irk is how they said they didn't want to chart the double-bass in pro drums mode. I dunno what their reasons are exactly. I think it was something like, "not fun" or "too hard". It was bull**** reason besides the fact that they're too lazy to do it.

Also, call me Gpop :P
ddr_f4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:06 PM   #1823
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddr_f4n View Post
My biggest irk is how they said they didn't want to chart the double-bass in pro drums mode. I dunno what their reasons are exactly. I think it was something like, "not fun" or "too hard". It was bull**** reason besides the fact that they're too lazy to do it.

Also, call me Gpop :P
Charting a differentiation between left foot and right foot for two kicks would be retarded.

But there IS support for using two pedals. Most songs surely don't justify it, but that's just because most bands don't use them and their music reflects it. I imagine there is some metal and hardcore **** where two pedals should be useful though.

They even allow the second pedal to function as a hi-hat pedal during fills.

The one place they did **** up though does involve the pedal. Open hat is still blue and closed hat is still yellow. They should have worked out a way to require accurate left food pedal play when hi-hats need to be open or closed. Probably only for Pro Expert, but still. With that, I think they'd be able to have roughly 100% accurate drum play.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:15 PM   #1824
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

I wasn't stating that there'd be different notes for the left foot pedaling (which Drummania XG did, which I found retarded). I meant more of merging the expert+ in GH where they have double bass.

And really? That's kind of a turn off, since it's pretty unrealistic in that sense, and in the end I think the second pedal is pretty useless now. Jeez...

...I'm still getting RB3 though because really...I have no interest in Guitar Hero anymore (despite the graphics and background animations [omg the drummer doesn't look like a retarded robot anymore!] being much improved and story is implemented)
Old 10-27-2010, 05:18 PM   #1825
blackjack2300
FFR Player

I hate my city I really do, no one has the bundles till the 2nd of november when i was told 26th of october guaranteed

blackjack2300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:52 PM   #1826
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to EnR Send a message via MSN to EnR

Quote:
...I'm still getting RB3 though because really...I have no interest in Guitar Hero anymore (despite the graphics and background animations [omg the drummer doesn't look like a retarded robot anymore!] being much improved and story is implemented)
I don't plan on buying anymore GH games. They're useless and horribly made IMO. I can't stand playing them, seeing notes being hit miles after it's passed the receptor turns me away from the game. The drummer may not look dumb anymore, but he/she still doesn't play the same way the notes are hit in game. Activision rely's too much on their stories and graphics and it's getting annoying and too confusing.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:46 PM   #1827
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
I wasn't stating that there'd be different notes for the left foot pedaling
You said:

My biggest irk is how they said they didn't want to chart the double-bass in pro drums mode. I dunno what their reasons are exactly. I think it was something like, "not fun" or "too hard".

Quote:
I meant more of merging the expert+ in GH where they have double bass.
THERE IS SUPPORT FOR DOUBLE KICK. They might not chart a lot of songs which REQUIRE it, but the hardware and software does support it, even if most of the songs they have don't need it.

ps free songs from The Doors available in DLC right now until November 1.
Old 11-3-2010, 09:44 PM   #1828
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to EnR Send a message via MSN to EnR

Got RB3. Setlist is ****ing awesome, graphics are awesome everything is awesome.

I feel bad that my mom rented GH5 because it's a peice of **** compared to RB3 and there's still 4 days left on the rental.

When I looked at the setlist online I thought... I don't know any of these songs, but once I played them I was like... I know all of these songs!
Old 11-4-2010, 08:04 AM   #1829
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnR View Post
Got RB3. Setlist is ****ing awesome, graphics are awesome everything is awesome.

I feel bad that my mom rented GH5 because it's a peice of **** compared to RB3 and there's still 4 days left on the rental.

When I looked at the setlist online I thought... I don't know any of these songs, but once I played them I was like... I know all of these songs!
Yeah same here. In the end I think the songlist was actually pretty awesome. Although it didn't seem all that great on paper, it's all well chosen in the game. Quite the opposite on the Guitar Hero series, where it looks great on paper, but seems ****ty in the game.

Also, just one minor irk that doesn't matter much at all is there are some graphical glitches in the game. Not on the charts, just the background animations. But I really don't care, the glitches are almost unnoticeable since I'm usually too busy playing the songs
Old 11-18-2010, 11:35 PM   #1830
Crizo92
FFR Player

rock band 3 is amazing. I love everything about it. scores and stars are to the right, tells how many songs you have left to five star, ugh it's so awesome.
also canon "look at the score I got just now" post.

on drums btw.