Old 01-5-2009, 03:48 AM   #21
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973
Default Re: Ocean test

you know you can still use the brush presets as examples for waves

i didnt mean actually use them in your drawing ;x
Old 01-5-2009, 04:31 AM   #22
Renevatia
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
you know you can still use the brush presets as examples for waves

i didnt mean actually use them in your drawing ;x
ahh.. ..memorize brushes..lol
Old 01-5-2009, 04:52 AM   #23
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

lol lenz flare zux

No really though, the horizon on your ocean isn't all too steady. It should be a bit more straight. Also... To add depth, add more color variation to the sky in the background. Probably making it darker where the water ends and lightening where the "sun" is. The second picture is much better in respect to the depth of the ocean. Just do the same to the sky. More darkness/contrast. And maybe try some depth effects with the clouds, like making more of them go out into the distance.

p.s. if anyone on ffr didn't know I'm primarily an art major; really a side note.

edit: sorry if that seems really critical but I figured you wanted as much advice as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.

Last edited by Syhto; 01-5-2009 at 05:04 AM..
Syhto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-5-2009, 12:52 PM   #24
Renevatia
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syhto View Post
lol lenz flare zux

No really though, the horizon on your ocean isn't all too steady. It should be a bit more straight. Also... To add depth, add more color variation to the sky in the background. Probably making it darker where the water ends and lightening where the "sun" is. The second picture is much better in respect to the depth of the ocean. Just do the same to the sky. More darkness/contrast. And maybe try some depth effects with the clouds, like making more of them go out into the distance.

p.s. if anyone on ffr didn't know I'm primarily an art major; really a side note.

edit: sorry if that seems really critical but I figured you wanted as much advice as possible.
hmm, i was hoping like..a blend of sky / ocean at the end ..with similar colors on each side, for like blurry depth, but at this quality it seemed pointless xD

i've been wondering how to do that with the sky, since sky doesnt really have waves, it will be difficult to show depth with patterns, imo. D:
Old 01-5-2009, 01:33 PM   #25
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

Well add depth to the clouds. And I get what you mean, but soft depth can be hard to portray. Especially in that type of scene.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.
Syhto is offline   Reply With Quote