Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Art and Graphics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-6-2009, 04:28 AM   #1
Renevatia
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Mecha test

didn't wanna make a new thread on this, but i guess i wanted to develop this more

mecha test v2

titleower

mecha design suggestions welcome surprised
i find most mecha drawings end up into stuff very similar to each other, like..gundam ..etc
no hard feelings gundam fans, they are nice, but ..designs are way too overused .

I am looking for somewhat simple designs, no need for 500 diff parts, something that looks smooth, fast, and strong, but not just adding random boxes on the outside

Last edited by Renevatia; 01-8-2009 at 08:55 PM..
Renevatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-6-2009, 06:07 AM   #2
Quigly
nah
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Mecha test

The first one should have some more shading on the ground around him so he isn't just floating there.

Other than that great work. The second one would be my favorite. =)
Old 01-6-2009, 12:54 PM   #3
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to darkshark Send a message via MSN to darkshark Send a message via Yahoo to darkshark

The left side on the first mech, I have perspective issues with. The furthest foot, comes down further than his knee, and given the shot angle, that's not right, it should follow your perspective lines, the hand on the left also looks a bit off, maybe needs to come forward more because its aligned with his back foot, AND his shoulders are still aligned, throws it wayyyyyyy off. I really like his upper body, you did a nice job on that, its very smooth, simple, flows extremely nicely. The mech itself is nice, just a lot of perspective issues.

Looking back at it, his other foot is off too, his toe angle needs to be brought up more towards the shot angle.

The second picture, took me a while to see what exactly was going on, I wasn't sure what position the robot was in exactly at first, and I give that credit to a static head, his head needs to be bold, refined, it blends with the flow of his body a bit too much, unless you wanted it to be that way, then maybe just place a few more highlights on it and darken stuff up around it to really bring it out. I like his positioning, perspective seems good on this one. I can't tell if his hand above the girl is a gun, or a fist, maybe refine that a bit more. but other than that I really like it.

Good job.

ps. got aim or msn?

Last edited by darkshark; 01-6-2009 at 12:57 PM..
darkshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-6-2009, 02:17 PM   #4
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

very nice rene ^-^ i cant really add anything to what darkshark said lol
Old 01-6-2009, 09:19 PM   #5
Renevatia
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
The left side on the first mech, I have perspective issues with. The furthest foot, comes down further than his knee, and given the shot angle, that's not right, it should follow your perspective lines, the hand on the left also looks a bit off, maybe needs to come forward more because its aligned with his back foot, AND his shoulders are still aligned, throws it wayyyyyyy off. I really like his upper body, you did a nice job on that, its very smooth, simple, flows extremely nicely. The mech itself is nice, just a lot of perspective issues.

Looking back at it, his other foot is off too, his toe angle needs to be brought up more towards the shot angle.

The second picture, took me a while to see what exactly was going on, I wasn't sure what position the robot was in exactly at first, and I give that credit to a static head, his head needs to be bold, refined, it blends with the flow of his body a bit too much, unless you wanted it to be that way, then maybe just place a few more highlights on it and darken stuff up around it to really bring it out. I like his positioning, perspective seems good on this one. I can't tell if his hand above the girl is a gun, or a fist, maybe refine that a bit more. but other than that I really like it.

Good job.

ps. got aim or msn?
hmm i've been told that his head looks too much like a weakness xD

and ya..msn