Moogy
Frankie Muinez
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 08:13 AM   #43
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

Heh. I lead a conservative lifestyle (as in I don't drink/smoke/do drugs) but I tend to be fairly open-minded (and therefore liberal?) about most issues.

What I hate is people that are either all one way or all the other and don't stop to give any consideration as to whether the other side might have a point.

IMO, people need to listen to each other more and not hide behind prefabricated ideological barriers.

I know for a fact I won't register Republican, but I'm not sure if I will be a Democrat or Independent.
talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 02:25 PM   #44
NeoDarkHeart
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to NeoDarkHeart Send a message via MSN to NeoDarkHeart Send a message via Yahoo to NeoDarkHeart

michael moore brought these truths to the public. had he not made these documentaries, we wouldnt know about all these companies being the jackasses they are.

he went to the president of Nike and asked him to make a Nike shoe factory in flint, michigan, where roger shut down his GM factories.

dude argued that americans dont want to work by making shoes, so michael got all these workers who used to work for the factory for GM to stand outside the factory and say they'd do anything for a job, and making shoes wouldnt be so bad.

michael showed it to the president of Nike and dude just stood there goin "... nah, they wouldnt make shoes... not gonna do it..."

but he did donate like 10k dollars to some charity michael asked him to do... even though he couldve donated a million and it wouldnt have dented his pocket at all, he wouldnt go any higher than 10k.

so yeah. if you say michael doesnt do anything, think about if we never knew the big companies were doing all this assholeish stuff. nobody could go against them if they didnt know they were greedy bastards. if you were really pro-american and wanted the economy to get better, as most of you would, then you should be for what michael does, because he's against all those morons who would rather pay 14 year old mexican and indonesians like 14 cents an hour than give the jobs to americans and pay them a livable wage.

all this stuff i told you about up there was in "The Big One". it's called that, because when michael was being interviewed on a radio talk show, he suggested that america change its name to "The Big One", because if britain calls itself GREAT britain, we would naturally want our country to sound better.

Stats
You were my witness, my eyes, my evidence.
NeoDarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 02:43 PM   #45
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman
Heh. I lead a conservative lifestyle (as in I don't drink/smoke/do drugs) but I tend to be fairly open-minded (and therefore liberal?) about most issues.
Michael Moore is a liberal, and by no means is he open minded. Not all liberals are open-minded, just as not all Conservatives are closed minded.

They are just too different parties with different beliefs about what is best for America.

Neither party is totally wrong, and neither party is totally right. The foundation of our government is "Checks and Balances".
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 02:49 PM   #46
NeoDarkHeart
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to NeoDarkHeart Send a message via MSN to NeoDarkHeart Send a message via Yahoo to NeoDarkHeart

i think lewis black said something like:

the only thing worse than a conservative's idea is when a liberal is there to hear it. get those two together and you get fucked up. the conservative stands up and goes "i have a really shitty idea!" and the liberal stands up and goes "i have an idea to make that one SHITTIER!"

or something along those lines.

Stats
You were my witness, my eyes, my evidence.
NeoDarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 06:37 PM   #47
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoDarkHeart
michael moore brought these truths to the public. had he not made these documentaries, we wouldnt know about all these companies being the jackasses they are.

if you were really pro-american and wanted the economy to get better, as most of you would, then you should be for what michael does, because he's against all those morons who would rather pay 14 year old mexican and indonesians like 14 cents an hour than give the jobs to americans and pay them a livable wage.
No.

Plenty of people knew of these business practices before Michael Moore came around. The fact that you know about Enron is testament to that fact.

Your second paragraph saddens me. I'm not sure if you're completely ignorant of the fact that the economy is currently BOOMING or if you just didn't want to include that fact because it didn't further your argument. I'm going to assume the former (and that your views are just a product of the liberal media). We created over a million jobs in three months, employee wages are up, and so is the index of leading indicators, which are all signs of a great economy. If the economy gets much better, it's going to be inflationary and we'll have to cut it down. As for the outsourcing, hey, we're a free-market economy. If you don't like it, try another country and see how long you'd last before you realized that our way is better.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 07:16 PM   #48
Fuman86
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter
I'm not sure if you're completely ignorant of the fact that the economy is currently BOOMING or if you just didn't want to include that fact because it didn't further your argument. I'm going to assume the former (and that your views are just a product of the liberal media). We created over a million jobs in three months, employee wages are up, and so is the index of leading indicators, which are all signs of a great economy. If the economy gets much better, it's going to be inflationary and we'll have to cut it down. As for the outsourcing, hey, we're a free-market economy. If you don't like it, try another country and see how long you'd last before you realized that our way is better.
Ok, sorry Guido but I don't really see it that way:
Keep in mind that it's a lot easier to get more jobs when you're at rock bottom. The Bush administration has done a lot of bad things and just not publicized them too much. For example, about this time last year, when we were about to go into war, Bush approved a multimillion dollar tax cut and invited all the press he could. The next day, he signed a bill increasing the decficit by $4 trillion. It's also a lot easier to make some jobs once you're low enough. The idea is that we're so far down that we can only go up. At least that's what the democrats say. Yes, the economy is doing relatively well (although booming isn't quite the word) but a lot of that comes from Iraq. It seems as if Bush always needs to keep the country preoccupied with something so we don't see his flaws. Before afghanistan, he tried to get the stock market to increase. He'd do his little speeches of "the economy is doing better" and suddenly nasdaq and dowJones drop 30% each. Uh oh. So he goes to afghanistan to find Bin Laden. Gets the public caring about other stuff. Then the whole "Iraq is going to blow us up any day now, so duct-tape and paper bag your windows closed to protect yourself from nuclear radiation (what a joke, it was all a scam to increase the 3M stock...lol jk). But honestly that would do nothing. And then we attacked Iraq. And then discovered that the Weapons of Mass Destruction that we claimed existed and specified locations for (in front of the UN) didn't exist. Oh sh*t. But that's ok, Saddam was a bad guy, so we're justified anyways. Basically, "we create our own sense of right and wrong, and we're always the good guys, no matter what" is the Bush campaign slogan. That's part of what pisses me off. Stay tuned for the next rant about the patriot act and how it can ruin your life without breaking a single law--while you're innocent the whole time. And then after that why other governments aren't bad. And then outsourcing. I'm really not biased against him, I just completely disagree with his stance on everything. I can't name a single policy of his that I agree with.

Fuman

http://www.bushin30seconds.org/

ps: Sorry to everyone who doesn't like bush, but he's going to win again because we're going to "find" bin laden a week before election day.
Fuman86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 02:40 PM   #49
TACODUDE
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to TACODUDE

I'd just like to jump in here and say that Michael Moore is a fat piece of shit with a voice. Bowling for Columbine was a fictional story pieced together with news clips. Why doesn't he make a film about McDonalds or KFC and how he's gonna die of a heart attack in two weeks? Why do people give him a voice, though? Because most of them are democrats who think he is a god and sees the world as it is. I think that no one should listen to him because most people should be able to have their own opinion of the world and not some fat shit loser's.

I LOVE POKEMON! LOL
TACODUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 11:28 PM   #50
COBOL
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to COBOL

Michael Moore and all far left democrats need to shut up and stop running this country to hell.

And Bowling for Colombine sucked ass I mean come on people keep blaming death on guns and try to take away our right to bear arms, like my old sig used to say "Guns don't kill people, People kill people

Oh yea BUMP
Old 06-22-2004, 11:32 PM   #51
Jam930
FFR Player

Moore is fat.