Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who will win the MLB World Series?
Boston Red Soxs 5 9.26%
New York Yankees 22 40.74%
L.A. Angles of Anaheim 5 9.26%
Minnesota Twins 1 1.85%
Los Angeles Dodgers 6 11.11%
St.Louis Cardnials 2 3.70%
Philadelphia Phillies 12 22.22%
Colorado Rockies 1 1.85%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2009, 04:16 PM   #121
All_That_Chaz
Supreme Dictator For Life
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to All_That_Chaz
Default Re: '09 MLB World Series

I'm not sure if Lee will even pitch before game 3. It would be short rest if he comes out for game 2. I trust whatever Charlie decides on that.

You know, the Rockies were supposed to have an amazing bullpen too, but we won two games late against them. I'm not saying the Phils can definitely come back against the Dodgers for two wins in the series, but I think the Phils offense is capable of putting up a big inning against anyone. I don't think Broxton is any more dominant than he was last year, and we roughed him up for a win last year. I'm not bringing it up just to be a dick, but I don't have any other examples off the top of my head.

Like I said, I think it's going to be a great series. I think it will go at least 6 games. I just hope we can get through it without your pitchers trying to decapitate our Flyin Hawaiian.
dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.
All_That_Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:21 PM   #122
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Oh ****, I totally forgot about Victorino. He's going to be booed to ****ing hell and back on Thursday, haha.

I anticipate a good series as well, and really, may the best team win. It'll be the Dodgers. ;)
foilman8805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:05 PM   #123
fireking550
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to fireking550

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz View Post
How does being tied in the 9th inning mean the Rockies should have won. Over the 18 innings played in games 3 and 4, the Phillies were tied or had the lead over 13 of them. They deserved to win, and they did win. Having a closer blow a save doesn't excuse a loss. The Phils would be 3-0 against the Yankees would have been 6-1 against the Dodgers this year (instead of 3-4) if it weren't for blown saves by Brad Lidge. But so what, they lost. Even with 11 blown saves, we managed to win the NL East Division.
No having a closer blow a save does excuse a lose in a sense, when you are up two runs with 2 outs and 2 strikes on the batter you should get the win and force a game five. Yes the Phillies had to rally to win but when you are a playoff team you should not blow two consecutive saves or make all the mistakes that Playoff teams are making. If Lidge had been in that situation and blown those two saves you would be taking the same stance.

Honestly when it came to overall team skill i liked the Rockies better, there starting pitching was solid and offense was solid only their bullpen was off. The Phillies are good, yes i won't ignore that, but i think the Rockies had a better chance of winning it all than the Phillies do.

And don't even say winning the NL East is a big win there. They have the Marlins, Braves, Mets, and the Worst Record Nationals to play the most games against. The Rockies had the Dodgers, Giants, Padres, Diamondbacks. 4 bad teams for the Phillies, 2 bad teams for the Rockies (we all know the Marlins sucked except the start and end of the season).

As for them against the Yankees, the Yankees are a different team right now so i don't think they will beat them, I don't even think they could beat the Angels right now because as we all know AL>NL. I would also take Rivera over Lidge any day. Either way i would be shocked if the Phillies repeated.

Big Time Boston Fan, Bruins, Celtics, Red Sox, and Patriots, beat that line-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibblre View Post
New mission: I will attempt to get "Meep" banned from my school, as well.
fireking550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:38 PM   #124
omgitznpv
cohoooooon
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to omgitznpv Send a message via MSN to omgitznpv

Quote:
Originally Posted by foilman8805 View Post
Brad Lidge has never been the same since Pujols rocked his ****.
i was at a mets/phillies game

brad lidge came in

mets attempted to rally

i kept yelling albert pujols (i was possibly slightly audible as i sat right along the third base line)

the unassisted triple play happened
omgitznpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:57 PM   #125
DotKritic
Forum User

Well...they were facing the Mets. The Mets suck.

edit: Oakland was beating Minnesota 16-1? No wonder they got beat in thew ALDS.

FFR Member Since December 17th, 2004

Last edited by DotKritic; 10-13-2009 at 07:01 PM..
DotKritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:58 PM   #126
All_That_Chaz
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireking550 View Post
No having a closer blow a save does excuse a lose in a sense, when you are up two runs with 2 outs and 2 strikes on the batter you should get the win and force a game five. Yes the Phillies had to rally to win but when you are a playoff team you should not blow two consecutive saves or make all the mistakes that Playoff teams are making.
You didn't listen to me at all. The Phillies lost the lead and gained it back in both of those games. Are you saying the Rockies deserved to win because they took the lead an inning earlier?
Quote:
If Lidge had been in that situation and blown those two saves you would be taking the same stance.
Quote:
The Phils would be 3-0 against the Yankees would have been 6-1 against the Dodgers this year (instead of 3-4) if it weren't for blown saves by Brad Lidge. But so what, they lost.
ok...
Quote:
And don't even say winning the NL East is a big win there. They have the Marlins, Braves, Mets, and the Worst Record Nationals to play the most games against. The Rockies had the Dodgers, Giants, Padres, Diamondbacks. 4 bad teams for the Phillies, 2 bad teams for the Rockies (we all know the Marlins sucked except the start and end of the season).
The Rockies were 9-12 versus the Braves, Marlins, and Mets. Then Giants were 11-11 against those same teams. What was that about the East teams sucking? Yeah, the Nats sucked, but so did the Padres and the Diamondbacks. Don't play the division game with me.
Quote:
As for them against the Yankees, the Yankees are a different team right now so i don't think they will beat them, I don't even think they could beat the Angels right now because as we all know AL>NL.
That's why the Rays won the series last year right? Owai...
Quote:
Honestly when it came to overall team skill i liked the Rockies better, there starting pitching was solid and offense was solid only their bullpen was off. The Phillies are good, yes i won't ignore that, but i think the Rockies had a better chance of winning it all than the Phillies do.
You know what?

Cry some more.
dammit chaz
Quote:
god dammit chaz
Quote:
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:07 PM   #127
fireking550
FFR Player

Quote:
You didn't listen to me at all. The Phillies lost the lead and gained it back in both of those games. Are you saying the Rockies deserved to win because they took the lead an inning earlier?

ok...

The Rockies were 9-12 versus the Braves, Marlins, and Mets. Then Giants were 11-11 against those same teams. What was that about the East teams sucking? Yeah, the Nats sucked, but so did the Padres and the Diamondbacks. Don't play the division game with me.

That's why the Rays won the series last year right? Owai...

You know what?
I never said that they "deserved" the win, i said they should have won. If your a playoff team you shouldn't be blowing two consective games in the 9th inning, i don't care who you are playing. It has nothing to do with the Phillies in particular, but if they have to wait till the 9th to win their games, they can't do that against the Dodgers.

Yes the Rockies did have a harder division in my mind, having two playoff contenders to play against compared to the possible marlins.

I am trying to be unBiased, i am a red sox fan and saw them losing a mile away, and same thing with them in game 3 of their series, if your a playoff team, your closer should not be blowing a 3 run lead when you have only three batters to go. So for the Cardinals closer who gave the win to the dodgers by almost the same means (the error by Holiday Hurt There).

The Rockies "SHOULD HAVE WON" i never said deserved, they had the lead when they needed it and their best pitcher (the closer should be the best on every team) blew it for them when they need them. The Phillies can't wait till than to try and beat the Dodgers because if they do the Dodgers will have a 6 run lead over team. I liked the Rockies better in beating the Dodgers, i think the Phillies will lose in 6.

Quote:
Old 10-13-2009, 09:08 PM   #128
super kid
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to super kid Send a message via Yahoo to super kid

The Mets don't suck, they just couldn't catch a break. I mean Jose Reyes, Carlos Beltran, Carlos Delgado, John Maine, Johan Santana, and David Wright all got hurt during some point in the season. And yes i know they chocked the past two years.
super kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:16 PM   #129
All_That_Chaz
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Yes the Rockies did have a harder division in my mind, having two playoff contenders to play against compared to the possible marlins.
You obviously didn't follow the wild card chase in the NL. The Braves were threatening the Rockies for the wild card and were ahead of the Marlins until the final game of the season. The Rockies had a better record because they're in a weaker division. They had more games against the Diamondbacks and the Padres than the Braves and Marlins had against the Nationals. And again, head-to-head records don't lie. The East beat on the west in most of their opportunities.
Quote:
I am trying to be unBiased, i am a red sox fan
Oxymoron. And also why I have no respect for you. **** the red sox.
Quote:
The Rockies "SHOULD HAVE WON" i never said deserved, they had the lead when they needed it and their best pitcher (the closer should be the best on every team) blew it for them when they need them. The Phillies can't wait till than to try and beat the Dodgers because if they do the Dodgers will have a 6 run lead over team. I liked the Rockies better in beating the Dodgers, i think the Phillies will lose in 6.
And what a freaking hypocrite you're being here. The Rockies wouldn't have even made the playoffs if it weren't for all the comeback wins they had. So you're saying they SHOULDN'T HAVE WON [sic] those games?
dammit chaz
Quote:
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Old 10-13-2009, 10:04 PM   #130
fireking550
FFR Player

Quote:
You obviously didn't follow the wild card chase in the NL. The Braves were threatening the Rockies for the wild card and were ahead of the Marlins until the final game of the season. The Rockies had a better record because they're in a weaker division. They had more games against the Diamondbacks and the Padres than the Braves and Marlins had against the Nationals. And again, head-to-head records don't lie. The East beat on the west in most of their opportunities.

Oxymoron. And also why I have no respect for you. **** the red sox.

And what a freaking hypocrite you're being here. The Rockies wouldn't have even made the playoffs if it weren't for all the comeback wins they had. So you're saying they SHOULDN'T HAVE WON [sic] those games?
You seem to like to ignore all my points except the ones that you can insult me with so, the regular season is different than the post season, coming back against the nationals is different than coming back against the rockies, even you have to agree with that. However, if you go to the lead in the 9th, you should have the win so yes, they should not have won those games. The Closers don't get paid millions to blow the game the last minute. They do, they shouldn't, a win in the 9th comes from a error on the opposite team more often than i does from the hitting team doing something right, the Rockies mistake was leaving street in as long as they did. That is why all regular season status is reset for the post season. And what how the red sox ever done? they have been a horrible team till like the last four years, the Yankees are the team that never loses or maybe your going to be a a** and say that is not true as well.

The Braves and Marlins sucked most of the season till the end which was really matter but by that time it was too late. Here is a better question, are you even a Phillies fan? you must be, everything that even hints them giving up a run you havn't debated, i wanted to have a debate not listen to you preach about the god like status of the Phillies.

Quote:

Last edited by fireking550; 10-13-2009 at 10:15 PM..
Old 10-13-2009, 10:22 PM   #131
All_That_Chaz
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I'm not insulting you. You're just so incredibly wrong on the points I address. I'm not going to let you off easy because you think you're being unbiased. I'm not sure what you think I'm ignoring.

You keep talking like the Phillies played the Nationals for 162 games. They played 18 games against them. The Dodgers and Rockies have more guaranteed wins against the Padres and Diamondbacks over the course of the year than the Phillies have against the Nationals.

Of course I'm a Phillies fan. And Phillies fans are the most knowledgeable and loyal fans in all of baseball. We don't argue over runs.

And don't take it so personally. I'm just having fun.
dammit chaz
Quote:
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Old 10-13-2009, 10:51 PM   #132
Patricoo
FFR Player

Quote:

You keep talking like the Phillies played the Nationals for 162 games. They played 18 games against them. The Dodgers and Rockies have more guaranteed wins against the Padres and Diamondbacks over the course of the year than the Phillies have against the Nationals.

Of course I'm a Phillies fan. And Phillies fans are the most knowledgeable and loyal fans in all of baseball.
I'm gonna take it personally.

EVERYONE ELSE SUCKS! BLAHGKDSJAFKDSA GO PHILS!

I ran into our local sports bar as the ninth inning started on that last game. It was very exciting. Great sense of community. I've seen places for other teams do 'polite applause' but its great just to see a divisional playoff win spark cheering, free beers, and general obnoxiousness that would have eaten most of you nay-sayers alive.

Sure, they probably won't repeat in a realist sort of view, but until they loose I'm going to have a fun time shoving every win down the throat of my enemies. TAKE THAT DENVER! YOU SHOULD FEEL ASHAMED OF YOURSELF WITH YOUR... YOUR... LOWER OXYGEN RATE! STAY UP IN YOUR MOUNTAINS TILL YOUR TEARS FORM ICICLES! ICICLES OF FAILURE!

EDIT:

Quote:
i wanted to have a debate not listen to you preach about the god like status of the Phillies.
Most Philidelphia Fans don't really care about a debate of stats... because in the end... there is one stat that matters. Wins. The rest of this crap is nonsense for fantasy games and filler time for sports columnists. "Well they did well this year. Had a good run." Good run? Psh. Did they win? Did they win everything? No? Well then they LOST. Their LOSERS.

You can divvy up the wins into whatever meaningless statistic that you think will be the sign of your betting success... in the end we only care that they win.

Last edited by Patricoo; 10-13-2009 at 10:55 PM..
Patricoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:43 PM   #133
All_That_Chaz
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Yeah, we have our morons in Philadelphia too.
dammit chaz
Quote:
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Old 10-13-2009, 11:56 PM   #134
Patricoo
FFR Player

Quote:
Yeah, we have our morons in Philadelphia too.
Ooo ouch.

I hope its known that I'm exaggerating in my 'boasting'.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:57 PM   #135
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricoo View Post
Most Philidelphia Fans don't really care about a debate of stats... because in the end... there is one stat that matters. Wins.
I guess they don't care about such debates because they're the losingest franchise in sports history?

Side note: Raaaangers woooooooooo!!!!

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:16 AM   #136
All_That_Chaz
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I was waiting for someone to bring that up. Thanks, Guido.

How about we see which happens first, another club hits 10k losses or the Rangers win a postseason series. I've got $10 on the losses.
dammit chaz
Quote:
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Old 10-14-2009, 12:16 AM   #137
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Shiiiiiiit that was uncalled for Guido. I don't even like baseball all that much. But don't harass my city man =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:29 AM   #138
Patricoo
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter View Post
I guess they don't care about such debates because they're the losingest franchise in sports history?

Hehe. I guess you can make it akin to Phillies having a disturbed childhood of losses.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:20 AM   #139
DotKritic
Forum User

Oh my god. The Astros fired 1st base coach Jose Cruz. If you don't know him, gtfo.

FFR Member Since December 17th, 2004
DotKritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:02 PM   #140
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Quote:
I was waiting for someone to bring that up. Thanks, Guido.

How about we see which happens first, another club hits 10k losses or the Rangers win a postseason series. I've got $10 on the losses.
Make the odds 100:1 and you've got yourself a bet.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote