Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Old 11-21-2019, 08:23 PM   #1
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Who all is going to delete their youtube channel come Jan 1?

With the fact the FTC is raining down extremely hard with poorly written rules that could actually effect anyone that uploads a video to youtube with a potential $42000 fine for each video in violation of the vague poorly written rule, I believe if the rule is implemented it is no longer sustainable or safe, or advisable to share video game content, or anything interesting at all on youtube anymore. What do you guys think?

icontrolyourworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 08:33 PM   #2
Matthia
🍍Pineapple Man🍍
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Who all is going to delete their youtube channel come Jan 1?

Let's see how the entire community will fight back once this thing gets implemented

but my god why
Matthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 08:40 PM   #3
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

lets see how long it takes for youtube to die and for a new site to come around
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 10:48 PM   #4
Travis_Flesher
Champion
FFR Veteran

them federales aint takin my shizzle without a fight got dammit! just uploaded new guitar jam btw v=tonbz9l0DXo

Last edited by Travis_Flesher; 11-21-2019 at 10:49 PM..
Travis_Flesher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 11:14 PM   #5
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Family friendly shit is crap anyways
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 11:27 PM   #6
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

already put my entire channel on not-made-for-kids bc like. there's probably one video where i don't lay down a Swear and it's the one where i don't say any words

also because if the intent is to filter out child-directed content from the rest, my channel is certainly not child-directed

really they should just let me show nothing to under-13 viewers but if that's a thing that exists, tell me how to do it?
inDheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 11:40 PM   #7
Travis_Flesher
Champion
FFR Veteran

this is a man's world, not a kids world. didn't stick around working and studying for 30 years to cater my creative energy towards maintaining innocence. i mean, i wouldn't upload untasteful content anyway, but still. i'm not going to act like steve from blue's clues when i plan on partying with mature adults at the day's end.
did i make a youtube channel for your kid? hell no. did i make it to showcase videos of me playing games on stream while going off on vulgarity strewn often drugfueled tangents? absolutely not.

Last edited by Travis_Flesher; 11-21-2019 at 11:56 PM..
Travis_Flesher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 11:54 PM   #8
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

one of my videos which was a tour of a place includes a shot of me entering a plane and you can see my ~butt in shorts~ I'm prolly gonna get banned oh well

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
mellonxcollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 12:49 AM   #9
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

No one is allowed to make funny comments. No humor allowed. This is the fucking internet guys. It's serious business
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Shadow_God_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 06:04 AM   #10
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

the opposite, in fact i'm gonna upload danny brown acapellas every day starting january 1st, it's a new years resolution
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:23 AM   #11
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24

They'll delete my channel for me. No reason to do it myself.

-o24

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
andy-o24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:45 AM   #12
Josemba
D8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I'm going back to this site https://www.metacafe.com/
Josemba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 08:18 AM   #13
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

The whole thing is dumb and I can't believe they're actually going to go through with it.

Seems like a means of protecting kids and I get that, but wow what a very WRONG way to go about it.

Kids under 13 shouldn't even be on the Internet anyways. If they are, then it's on their parents part to make sure they ain't looking at something they shouldn't be looking at. This generation sucks in terms of being cuddled, and that's coming from a dude that loves birds and cute shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

Last edited by Charu; 11-22-2019 at 08:18 AM..
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 09:23 AM   #14
SubaruPoptart
da kyo~
Number Judger
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Wiki StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to SubaruPoptart

I have a channel and it's mainly Minecraft and FFR, with some other things smattered in there in between, and from what I understand of the whole "Anything cartoony seems to be counted as 'children's content'", I feel if I don't mark everything I do as "for kids" it'll just get ganked. And on that note, I don't swear whatsoever, but since most of them are a Minecraft server, with a considerable amount of swearing and other forbidden profanities which I can't name in the chat I'm not sure.

It was mentioned they may take the video at face value; literally judging a book by its cover. The thumbnail or title and what not. So I (at this point in time) still don't really know what all's going on but I'm very much considering abandoning YouTube or just going radio silent until they get all that stuff sorted out. I don't feel like getting ganked by the FTC just because I'm recording a so-called "children's game" that may have any adult content within it and had marked it as a "child-friendly video" just because I didn't have any control over the things that occurred in the video.

I've been doing YouTube since bout 2016, and tbh havin all that work get just stripped because of some new crisis. Because here's the timeline of all my concerns over the years. From 2017 onwards, I was terrified of copyright. Having uploaded a bunch of FFR, with music games and what not, copyright can just... come from anywhere. Without any warning, without ability to appeal. The copyright system is still jank as hell at this point which still sucks but yeah. My fears diverted to some other weird false claiming and false-copyright strike stuff somewhere in the beginning of 2019 but I don't really remember all too much of that, but now this is probably it. All the other like, adpocalypse crap ain't got nothin on this.

So yeah. I may not delete my channel, I may just make my videos private, since idk what the deal with private/unlisted videos are. I may just not upload anything until all that's sorted out. I really hope it gets sorted out or amended in some way before January 1st but knowing how this stuff goes, nobody in the official place or whatever it's called will listen so we just gotta deal with the consequences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrrbrbirbel View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamerai View Post
damnit subaru
Quote:
if cocoa flips town, n2 vig should shoot zenith obv
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
Okay, I'm 7 pages deep and this is a shitfest.
Quote:
wolf gurls exist awooo owo ¿furries? owo awoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
My beak is bigger than yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Oh God it's Subaru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
ㅤㅤ

SubaruPoptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 09:54 AM   #15
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josemba View Post
I'm going back to this site https://www.metacafe.com/
yooooooo this is a throw back

y'all this is starting to worry me tho I watch so much youtube

maybe everyone should go to dailymotion they've always been more lax about copyright maybe they will be more lax about this

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected

Last edited by mellonxcollie; 11-22-2019 at 09:54 AM..
mellonxcollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 12:13 PM   #16
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/9528076

the actual wording of COPPA as it refers to "games" sucks ass, but this page seems to take it to mean educational/fun/active children's games rather than video games

in any case, i figured out how to age-restrict to 18+ at least
inDheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 12:28 PM   #17
awein999
(ಠ⌣ಠ)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to awein999

no i'll still have my account and upload as a hobby if i ever feel like it.

if youtube was my job id be hella stressed/worried tho
awein999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 12:34 PM   #18
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Some things I think people are missing

1 - this isn't just a Youtube thing it's any site based in the US. Youtube is just the example because they where breaking COPPA harcore running targeted ads on videos clearly meant for 5 year olds.

2 - They are judging a book by it's cover; it's if the video is enticing to kids/would want to make them click. You swearing halfway through/saying it's for an adult/boarding a plane with your butt doesn't factor into it. Because animation and cartoons are named as for children this could be a fucking huge issue for art channels, anime communities, etc. Also do videogame characters count as cartoons? I mean look at my sig there's Crash Bandicoot down there is he a cartoon that entices kids to click?

3 - If you mark your video targeted at kids Youtube basically fucks you. They can't run targeted ads or collect any data on it so instead it becomes unsearchable and doesn't get recommend
So anyone who was legit making content suitable for kids, or anyone thinking they could just mark it as for kids and not worry about it just gets fucked.

Which is really goddamn funny because when you make laws forcing actual children content to not exist because no one can make a living, you get an entire internet of edgy, trying to mature this up so COPPA won't sue me videos and an entire generation of 13 year olds still on the internet still watching shit on their parents account so fuck me, if you actually had a legitimate fear of kids watching something not age appropriate this shots the problem in the face.

---

For me, it's how loose the definition of "video games" is and the thumbnails, but the chances are the FTC has no where near the manpower to nail a channel as small as any of us. Our biggest problem is that nobody can make a living with content too mature because demonetization, and no one can make a living with content a kid might be tempted to watch, so then people just don't fucking make a living on Youtube and the whole site just stops being what it's being. There's a lot of implications and consequences if that happens, but probably not worth writing out here and now.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Last edited by MixMasterLar; 11-22-2019 at 12:35 PM..
MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 02:18 PM   #19
SubaruPoptart
da kyo~
Number Judger
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Wiki StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to SubaruPoptart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Some things I think people are missing

1 - this isn't just a Youtube thing it's any site based in the US. Youtube is just the example because they where breaking COPPA harcore running targeted ads on videos clearly meant for 5 year olds.

2 - They are judging a book by it's cover; it's if the video is enticing to kids/would want to make them click. You swearing halfway through/saying it's for an adult/boarding a plane with your butt doesn't factor into it. Because animation and cartoons are named as for children this could be a fucking huge issue for art channels, anime communities, etc. Also do videogame characters count as cartoons? I mean look at my sig there's Crash Bandicoot down there is he a cartoon that entices kids to click?

3 - If you mark your video targeted at kids Youtube basically fucks you. They can't run targeted ads or collect any data on it so instead it becomes unsearchable and doesn't get recommend
So anyone who was legit making content suitable for kids, or anyone thinking they could just mark it as for kids and not worry about it just gets fucked.

Which is really goddamn funny because when you make laws forcing actual children content to not exist because no one can make a living, you get an entire internet of edgy, trying to mature this up so COPPA won't sue me videos and an entire generation of 13 year olds still on the internet still watching shit on their parents account so fuck me, if you actually had a legitimate fear of kids watching something not age appropriate this shots the problem in the face.

---

For me, it's how loose the definition of "video games" is and the thumbnails, but the chances are the FTC has no where near the manpower to nail a channel as small as any of us. Our biggest problem is that nobody can make a living with content too mature because demonetization, and no one can make a living with content a kid might be tempted to watch, so then people just don't fucking make a living on Youtube and the whole site just stops being what it's being. There's a lot of implications and consequences if that happens, but probably not worth writing out here and now.
Ye I was tryna get some of those across but I missed #1 there. I knew it was an FTC thing but people focusin on YouTube made me think FTC was crackin down on YT only.

That last paragraph there though perfectly encapsulates what I was tryna get at in the sense of like "punishing child-friendly content and also punishing mature content. I don't really understand the point of hiding content like that, Unless they're gonna incorporate some sort of YouTube Kids crap into it, like videos marked for kids will be more visible on there, while the "rest of the videos" or more "mature" videos will be on regular old YouTube. I'm bad at retaining information and let alone relaying it so if I missed somethin else or if anyone else does it'd be good to know so we all know what's goin down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrrbrbirbel View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Quote:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamerai View Post
damnit subaru
Quote:
if cocoa flips town, n2 vig should shoot zenith obv
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
Okay, I'm 7 pages deep and this is a shitfest.
Quote:
wolf gurls exist awooo owo ¿furries? owo awoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
My beak is bigger than yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Oh God it's Subaru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
ㅤㅤ

SubaruPoptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 02:21 PM   #20
Blackskull305
Sippin' tea in yo hood
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Coming up next, a new act which fines parents $42,000 if they neglect to bubble wrap their children before they leave the house.
Blackskull305 is offline   Reply With Quote