Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events > Tournaments

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 05:16 PM   #421
Ghost_Medley
D6.9 Prime Buttonhitter
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: 2nd Post-Official Team Tournament Extravaganza (Hosted by DDRNGGin and Deadlyx39)

bumping it back up for the final day of the round

and jeez, man, puzzle #8 is brutal, so far i haven't gotten close to beating the challenge
Old 10-27-2016, 08:48 PM   #422
CarrotCake94
~Cuddable Wagon~
FFR Veteran

Default Re: 2nd Post-Official Team Tournament Extravaganza (Hosted by DDRNGGin and Deadlyx39)

Looking back to when I first signed up to this tourney, I'm not very happy to how it was organized.
Was waiting to hear about Round 1 starting... and never getting a pm at all.
The tournament's start date was never even publicly posted.

Today, I found out that it's nearly the end of Round 2 and many players are struggling to stay interested.
I'm a bit disappointing to how this all came out.
In the future, make sure all the planning is done beforehand,
and that you will do your best to make sure that communication is clear.

I'm hoping that future rounds will be better, and I look forward to the rest of the tournament.
Thanks DDRNGGin and Deadlyx39 for hosting this. Hopefully, things get sorted out soon.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:05 PM   #423
Ghost_Medley
D6.9 Prime Buttonhitter
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

honestly i feel like a fair amount of it could be put on deadlyx since they're been fairly bad as a side-host for the tournament. round 1 is a different story, but i know that ddrngg has been working his ass off behind the lines with all of the submissions through pms for this round. deadlyx could've helped organize the front lines but the most they've done is a few posts in the thread.

honestly i've stuck in because i was able to sorta get things together and get me, aryxi, botchi, and fwf in a group and talking to each other, and i have enough interest that i'd help run the tournament if i was a host but i'm just a participant.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:59 PM   #424
DDRNGGin
FFR Player

As mentioned before, Deadlyx39 and I are doing the best we can with this tournament, despite of our busy schedules. Keep in mind that this is truly the first tournament that I have actually hosted, so it will likely be very chaotic, organization wise. As far as PM'ing others the rounds, I can take the blame for that. I really should have notified Deadlyx39 about the round so the he/she could be able to send it to all participants. And honestly, any help is actually appreciated from some of the participants. Anyways, I am currently working on song selections for Round 3, so there will be a slight delay, but should be posted within the hour. I will tell you this, Round 3 is the first of 2 elimination challenges, and will end on Wednesday, November 2 at 11:59:59 PM Server time.

Playstyle: Index

Current Level / Division: Level 73 (Division 5)

Highest AAA/PFC: Flight of the Bumblebee (Difficulty 80)

Highest Blackflag: AIM Anthem (Difficulty 76)

Highest SDG: Choprite [3-0-0-1] (Difficulty 70)

Highest FC (Non-mashed): BB Revenge [14-1-0-3] (Difficulty 80)
Old 10-28-2016, 01:47 AM   #425
DDRNGGin
FFR Player

It is time for Round 3!!!

Which also means it is the first of our Elimination Challenges (cues echo effect) This means when this round is over, the team with the lowest team credits in their pool...will unfortunately be eliminated from the competition. With that, Round 3 is a free-for-all battle (of course, being teams against teams) Players in each division will be battling each other; however, the catch....the song choices were selected by an RNG program this time, so...here are the songs: (NOTE: If any of these songs are Skill Tokens/Tokens/Secret songs, then please let me know so that I can try to find a solution.)

D1:
Driveway [Light] (5)
Tom Saving vs Greg Nicotero [Heavy] (12)
Seed (15)
Straight To Video (17)
Boss Machine (19)

D2:
First Try (27)
Build God, Then We'll Talk (36)
Crystalis - House Leaves (Long) (41)
I'm Alive (Jarvis Remix) (43)
U.M.A (46)

D3:
Euro Freak (49)
Hyper Pressure (53)
Monkey Island (53)
System Split (56)
Miniboss (59)

D4:
Aztec Telling (Techno-Titlan Mix) (60)
Call Upon the Seaponies (EuroSHOOBEDOO Mix) (61)
Negions Fail (67)
The Strategy of Emperor (68)
Twelve (69)

D5:
Church Bells (74)
Happy Meal (74)
Poppin' Shower (74)
Dreadnought [Heavy] (75)
Pokamen Party (75)

D6:
Beautiful Arrhythmia (81)
Eradication (81)
All i wanna do is touch your powerpoints (85)
Einstein-Rosen Bridge (86)
Lawn Wake II (89)

D7:
Phi-dentity Crisis (93)
Rengoku -Purgatorium- (96)
Extratone Pirates (Drunk Optimus Remix) (98)
La Campanella (98)
DISCHARGE RUSH (101)

However, there is a special twist to this round: Since this is an elimination round...Each team will have some special items to use throughout this round:

-Attack Level 1 (x3): This item targets one score of one player of a targeted team. This reduces the score by 250 Raw Points.
-Attack Level 2 [Judge Attack] (x1): Use this item wisely! This item targets the entire team. When used, for the next 24 hours, all targeted teammates must play with judge timing of +2 or -2 and submit at least one score on this thread with those settings. (Failure to do so may result in penalties)
-Attack Level 3 [Score Swap] (x1): Use this Item wisely! This allows the attacker to swap one of his/her scores with the targeted player; however, both the attacker and the targeted player must have AAA'd the selected song the attacker wishes to target. This item will not work if all requirements are NOT met.
- Defend (x3): This item prevents any attack items from going through; however, cannot stop Steal skill.
- Steal (1x for all teams except for 5th place team; will receive x2. To be distributed on Day 3 of Round 3): Use this item wisely! This allow the user/team to steal 1,000 Raw Points from a targeted team's song/score.

I would like to note two things with the items:

- Each item can only be used once per day.
- Item(s) teams would like to use must be PM'd to me or Deadlyx39, and all teammates must agree to use the item(s)

1st - 75,000 Credits
2nd - 35,000 Credits
3rd - 15,000 Credits
4th - 7,500 Credits
5th - 5,000 Credits
(Credit prize may be subjected to change based on credit pot, if increased)

This round will conclude on Wednesday, November 2nd, 2016 @ 11:59:59 PM Server Time

Good luck!

Last edited by DDRNGGin; 10-28-2016 at 07:07 AM..
Old 10-28-2016, 01:54 AM   #426
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Wait, who won Round 2?

I put a lot of time into solving those puzzles, and wanna see if anyone outsmarted me and my team ><

I was hoping for a giant post saying "TEAM (whoever won) IS VICTORIOUS"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 10-28-2016, 02:00 AM   #427
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Also, whoa. Those special "items"/"powers" are insane. This is either gonna become a giant clusterfuck really fast ooorrr you'll have a bunch of frustrated ragequitters. Hopefully the first!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Old 10-28-2016, 02:07 AM   #428
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Yeah, not digging this items and such but I guess I won't actively bitch about it beyond this post.

Old 10-28-2016, 02:12 AM   #429
DDRNGGin
FFR Player

As far as the round 2 standings, along with Round 1 standings, I will have those up over the weekend.

Old 10-28-2016, 02:16 AM   #430
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
Yeah, not digging this items and such but I guess I won't actively bitch about it beyond this post.
My thoughts exactly. On the bright side, if we've been given nuclear weapons in the contained zone that is this tournament, might as well wreak havoc with em and 'cause some mayhem !

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-28-2016, 02:29 AM   #431
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDRNGGin View Post
- Steal (1x for all teams except for 5th place team; will receive x2. To be distributed on Day 3 of Round 3): Use this item wisely! This allow the user/team to steal 1,000 Raw Points from a targeted team's song/score.
Quote:
As far as the round 2 standings, along with Round 1 standings, I will have those up over the weekend.
Soo, if the standings won't be up til the weekend, can we do away with "except for the team in 5th place"?

Especially because you may also experience some conflict over the results. I mean, Team Three (Tentatively) is currently last place on your spreadsheet for Round One, but two teams had two or more players not submit scores, so that's a little bit strange. Team Egg Salad, for instance, had three absentees and a total of 7 goods. If every team got to drop three scores, you'd have three teams (team3, SUCC, and Mostly Downscroll) tied for first place with 0 goods each.

Basically, I think that you should get rid of the x2 steal for the 5th place team, because you don't know who that is yet. Additionally, you will likely have to find some way to balance the scores to account for absentees.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by ShadoWolfe; 10-28-2016 at 02:30 AM..
Old 10-28-2016, 02:33 AM   #432
Illeriia
FFR Player

So do we just aaa each song and then decide what to use items on? Or how/when do we submit scores? Very confused
Old 10-28-2016, 02:44 AM   #433
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
-Attack Level 1 (x3): This item targets one score of one player of a targeted team. This reduces the score by 250 Raw Points.
-Attack Level 2 [Judge Attack] (x1): Use this item wisely! This item targets the entire team. When used, for the next 24 hours, all targeted teammates must play with judge timing of +2 or -2 and submit at least one score on this thread with those settings. (Failure to do so may result in penalties)
-Attack Level 3 [Score Swap] (x1): Use this Item wisely! This allows the attacker to swap one of his/her scores with the targeted player; however, both the attacker and the targeted player must have AAA'd the selected song the attacker wishes to target. This item will not work if all requirements are NOT met.
- Defend (x3): This item prevents any attack items from going through; however, cannot stop Steal skill.

I would like to note two things with the items:

- Each item can only be used once per day.
- Item(s) teams would like to use must be PM'd to me or Deadlyx39, and all teammates must agree to use the item(s)
Something else that's extremely important here is establishing an order of operations for these actions to resolve. If one team uses Attack Level Two on another team, can the other team then use Defend retroactively? Will it block the attack?

Furthermore, how do you know if every player on a team wants the action to be resolved? I could say "Team Three uses Defend!" right now, and if you were to ask everyone else on my team afterwards, I guarantee you that they would agree. In fact, nothing stops any of them from even claiming that they agreed to it before I sent it in. How are you going to prove this? Does everyone need to PM you the action, or will quotes from each player suffice?

Also, If I were to submit every score for my Division right now, before any attacks are made, how would Attack Level Two pertain to me? I wouldn't have to submit a score, right? Because even if I did, I would've already submitted a better one.

Also, if I submit a score that I'm alright with, but isn't the best. I can then submit a better score for the same song later on and have it overwritten, correct?
Okay, what about if that first score were to be targeted by an attack before I submit a better one? Would the better score overwrite the previous one, as well as the attack?

One more thing: If I'm forced to submit a score after being Attack Level Two'd, that score is then re-doable once the 24 hours are over, correct?

Sorry, I know I'm nitpicking, but you've created rules that this elimination round will be based on, so it's necessary to establish all of this beforehand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by ShadoWolfe; 10-28-2016 at 03:04 AM..
Old 10-28-2016, 02:56 AM   #434
DDRNGGin
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Soo, if the standings won't be up til the weekend, can we do away with "except for the team in 5th place"?

Especially because you may also experience some conflict over the results. I mean, Team Three (Tentatively) is currently last place on your spreadsheet for Round One, but two teams had two or more players not submit scores, so that's a little bit strange. Team Egg Salad, for instance, had three absentees and a total of 7 goods. If every team got to drop three scores, you'd have three teams (team3, SUCC, and Mostly Downscroll) tied for first place with 0 goods each.

Basically, I think that you should get rid of the x2 steal for the 5th place team, because you don't know who that is yet. Additionally, you will likely have to find some way to balance the scores to account for absentees.

That is the reason why the steal item will not be distributed until day 3 of this round. That is the most likely time that the standings for both rounds will be up.

Old 10-28-2016, 04:21 AM   #435
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
That is the reason why the steal item will not be distributed until day 3 of this round. That is the most likely time that the standings for both rounds will be up.
Fair enough. Thanks, and thanks again for putting in the work to keep this running!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-28-2016, 04:29 AM   #436
Ihavenoname248
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

How will non-submitted scores be affecting this round, if there are any?
Would a player from a lower division be allowed to 'make up' the higher division songs, earning a better placement than no entry?

Quote:
10 goods- this could easily be within the margin of victory and elimination. Each team has 3 of these to throw around.. I like the idea here though but feel like these will probably end up being a bit of a prisoners dilemma. Though, it reduces one score.. it says nothing about reducing a subsequent improvement on that score.

Quote:
This is what I wish the powerups were all like- something that affects the game directly. Though, it's worth noting that no final scores must be submitted with these, and a team can be hit with 4 at most, so there's always a window to play an un-judged score. Also, not everyone will always be available in a 24 hour period, so penalties probably aren't a great idea here- but this has potential!

Quote:
aaaand this is where things break apart. This is honestly completely broken at the upper end of things and heavily favors players who have already AAA'd the song outside of the tournament. Would this swap the score the player achieved or the score the player currently has?

Quote:
How long does the defend last? A day?
Is the team to be eliminated the team in last place overall, or just last for round 3? If the latter, this gives the worse performing teams a higher chance of avoiding elimination and I don't think that's quite where this wants to go.
Highest BF (66): We Killed The Rave (1-0-0-0)
Highest AAA (66): HELLBEAT
Old 10-28-2016, 06:56 AM   #437
DDRNGGin
FFR Player

- For Attack Level 1...yeah, I kinda should've thought about it a bit more carefully in terms of the points it would take away, but keep in mind that it only affects one score if the attack is successful.

- The Attack Level 2 one was definitely one I really thought about for a while. As far the penalties part goes...it only affects the team that was targeted if less than 4 of the teammates submit a score under those circumstances. (Keeping in mind that the effect starts at Midnight server time the day after it was used, if successful.) May not be possible, but if any of the teammates actually made any improvements under those conditions, then that is really good.

- Attack Level 3...I can see that will be the one that people will complain about the most; however, for the attack to work, both the user and the targeted player(s) must have AAA'd the chosen song(s) within the round.

- Defend...that's a little bit complex to explain on that one.

- Now, steal is mainly designed to try to give the overall 5th place team another opportunity to make a comeback in just one round (which can actually be done).

Old 10-28-2016, 09:37 AM   #438
TheThong
♩♪♫♬♭♮♯
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to TheThong

[quote=DDRNGGin;4488254]
- Attack Level 3...I can see that will be the one that people will complain about the most; however, for the attack to work, both the user and the targeted player(s) must have AAA'd the chosen song(s) within the round.

So there isn't really a benefit to using this one. If you've aaa'd the song, and someone wants to attack - you're saying both players need to have the ' chosen song ' aaa'd so it doesn't actually do anything. Or have you just worded it incorrectly? XD
Old 10-28-2016, 09:43 AM   #439
DDRNGGin
FFR Player

If two or more teams end up in a tie in terms of Raw Score, the tie is broken based on the combined MA of the teams in question, so it is in a way potentially an important one just in case that were to happen.

Old 10-28-2016, 01:14 PM   #440
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
If two or more teams end up in a tie in terms of Raw Score, the tie is broken based on the combined MA of the teams in question, so it is in a way potentially an important one just in case that were to happen.
I don't agree with this because "MA" on FFR is one-frame based and therefore with several players, is completely random and by luck.

Should play another chart to tiebreak (one that is harder as seen in the 10th Official).

Closed Thread