Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2014, 03:54 PM   #1
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

Default Destiny

I've looked and seen a few threads for way back in February and what not but since it came out this past week and haven't seen anything posted for it, I figured why not. Does anyone else have the game and what do they think about it? I have it for the Xbox One and have a 20 Hunter working on getting light gear to try and get ready for the Vault of Glass. It would be cool to learn of anyone who plays and have some people to play with.
Gun92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 04:02 PM   #2
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: Destiny

I saw it on a shelf in eb games today and that was about it.

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 12:52 AM   #3
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

I will be getting this next week but on the PS3. I'll be whoring it out like it's the next elder scrolls game. :]
Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 04:08 AM   #4
Banned
FFR Veteran

just bought it yesterday for PS3. loving the SHIT out of it
top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 07:12 AM   #5
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

PS3, level 26. Got an exotic helm, and bought two legendary vanguard pieces. Game so gud

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
yo man im awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:40 AM   #6
phe0nixblade
Praise the sun mofo
FFR Veteran

all you ps3 players damn it
if i have it for xbox 360 can i play with people on xbone and vice versa or no
Old 09-21-2014, 10:35 AM   #7
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24

I think it is backwards compatible as far as the network is concerned. But I might be getting that mixed up with the new Call of Duty. All of this is hearsay though, I'm sure that functionality is documented somewhere if you wanted to look.

-o24

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
andy-o24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:26 AM   #8
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

I coupdn't possibly care less. ;(

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 01:51 AM   #9
SurdifiableOne
FFR Player

I have it for PS4, add me: OG_Sus_Johnson

I need help with the weekly heroic strikes. lvl 24 Warlock btw
SurdifiableOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 12:39 PM   #10
nunocart
FFR Player

..--..

Last edited by nunocart; 04-2-2019 at 12:37 PM.. Reason: posts was irrelevant
nunocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 03:03 PM   #11
Fission
no
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

isn't this game basically a bad version of borderlands for console idgi somebody explain pls

Last edited by Fission; 10-11-2014 at 03:03 PM..
Fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:21 PM   #12
Oni-Paranoia
No fucks
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fission View Post
isn't this game basically a bad version of borderlands for console idgi somebody explain pls
No, but they are extremely similar.

Here's everything you could ever need to know...

- You get missions from a town (The Tower)
--- You can see other players here. Interactions are limited to waving, dancing, sitting, and pointing unless you message them directly.

- There are four worlds, similarly setup like Borderlands (open, different enemies all over, some areas are locked to missions etc...)
--- You can see other players here. Interactions are limited (read above again.)
--- You can kill the same enemies with those not in your team, experience is shared with anyone nearby in the world, and the only use this has are for events called Public Events. Basically, defend something or kill something with a constant onslaught of enemies against you.

MMO like equips...

- Guns and Armor are ranked by rarities like MMOs (Common, Uncommon, Rare, Legendary, Exotic).

- You have four slots for Armor (head, chest, gloves, feet) and an extra slot for your classes item.

- Guns and Armor are static (unlike Borderlands where you can have identical guns with different stats; if you have the same gun as someone else, it's exactly the same stat-wise).

- There are different classes (Hunter, Warlock, Titan) with different abilities and a sub-class per class. These create minor differences, not game changers like MMOs.
--- No gun-specific classes; any class can use a sniper, shotgun etc... as good as the other.

- Levels are static, except for weekly and daily challenges.
--- Strike's (boss levels) are worth nothing unless you use the random playlist, even then you have < 2% to get anything.

- Legendary stuff requires a large amount of special materials that are basically based on luck to get. Getting the other materials require searching the open worlds for hours.

Why do people hate on this game?

You can't do anything end-game by yourself that's actually rewarding. You need a decent amount of materials from running hard levels and doing the weekly and daily objectives.

It's also a grind from that point since you've already done every level and the 5-6 strikes (boss levels) available. End-game is running those over and over and over...

Sincerely, 160+ hours of playtime with double digit legendary/exotic weapon count. >.>

Last edited by Oni-Paranoia; 10-11-2014 at 08:26 PM.. Reason: Added stuff
Oni-Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:53 PM   #13
Fission
no

thanks for the tl;dr version about this game.

i might research further but no solo viability seems like a huge turnoff due to personal taste. how does specializing work in this game? is there obvious cookie cutter specs or multiple specs that are viable? what about the depth of character building in general?
Old 10-11-2014, 11:02 PM   #14
Oni-Paranoia
No fucks
FFR Veteran

Quote:
thanks for the tl;dr version about this game.

i might research further but no solo viability seems like a huge turnoff due to personal taste. how does specializing work in this game? is there obvious cookie cutter specs or multiple specs that are viable? what about the depth of character building in general?
You can switch between your two sub-classes at will. There is no "specializing" other than the fact you're forced to work on one sub-class until level 15 which is when you unlock the other. You can only use some different abilities between them, and honestly there is very little difference between them.

The game tells you nothing about specs for armor or guns. They give you meters with names but nothing is written out for you. The game itself is very equalized as long as you're the same level as your enemy. I'll go into some detail for this in the spoiler below.

Guns and armor have set integers. Either one large number or two numbers (242/300) in which the first number is your actual integer and the second number is showing you the max possible integer for that equip.

The game tells you range, fire rate, impact etc... but the information is different per type of gun and per gun itself. So really it's on a "can I handle this gun well" type of deal for regular play.

For the Crucible (PvP) you focus on the only useful stat for it. Impact. This is basically damage per shot and is the only real stat that matters. The higher the better if you can handle the weapon you choose.

As for character customization... Hah. You can choose between, I believe, 3 different species of travelers (a.k.a your hero). You can change the color of eyes and hair style and even the color of your skin. Too bad, none of this matters. Only in town can you see a persons face. You have no reason to interact with other players, so you don't even mind them most of the time. In battle, you have all your gear which completely hides your character. So does the customization even matter? Not at all.

On a big note/rant, I play with my girlfriend whose level 29 and closer to the cap than me, so I rarely solo anything unless I'm doing circles for materials. For the big end-game raid, I used reddit to find other players. It's worth soloing till 20 to then check online for some friends who'd like assistance running the "hard" stuff for better gear. Is it odd to use other sites to find friends for a console FPS game? Yes. It's been absolutely fun for me though. Struggling with them, with strangers, spending hours to try and get something done with someone else or others who are as dedicated is just awesome. /rant

Last edited by Oni-Paranoia; 10-11-2014 at 11:03 PM..
Old 10-12-2014, 12:28 AM   #15
Fission
no

so basically it's a leveling simulator with no depth to it.. ok
Old 10-12-2014, 12:29 AM   #16
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

game blows
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 12:31 AM   #17
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Honestly everything about this game strikes me as a less fun version of something that already existed in Borderlands

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 12:46 AM   #18
choof
Banned

that's practically what it is but somehow they were able to dumb it down even further

reasons to play destiny: you can play with more than 4 people at once
reasons to play borderlands: literally everything else
Old 10-12-2014, 01:04 AM   #19
Oni-Paranoia
No fucks
FFR Veteran

Quote:
so basically it's a leveling simulator with no depth to it.. ok
They tried so hard with the story they forgot to explain what was actually going on before they bombarded with you statements like "Why are the Vex here? If the Fallen are already holding off the Vex, they'll be ready for us?".

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
that's practically what it is but somehow they were able to dumb it down even further

reasons to play destiny: you can play with more than 4 people at once
reasons to play borderlands: literally everything else
Destiny has a more balanced environment with a far better PvP system than Borderlands. Not everything is better.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:05 AM   #20
choof
Banned

balanced enviroment is subjective

pvp sucks