Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 09:02 AM   #21
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens Postgame

So wait, I made one pick which turned out to be incorrect and I'm horribly bad at the game. You made 4 picks all of which turned out to be incorrect and you're still amazing, it was just too early to make good picks. Gotcha.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:07 AM   #22
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

See I'm learning!

I knew I was human, and when I made a post that anybody who has ever seen me post knows is exactly how I've -always- posted, you directly went into accusing me of being a wolf. This concerned me, since I knew you were a smart guy who knows how I post, so why would you be so critical of my posting how I always do? Maybe the reason for why you jumped on it was that you were yourself a wolf, and you wanted to deflect attention away from yourself by attacking me even though you knew I was acting precisely in character for how I always post.

So you seemed like you might be a wolf, and I started posting accordingly.

Now...it seems like you took -my- attacks to -you- someone -you- knew was human, and thought to yourself "Now I wonder why Devonin is accusing ME of being a wolf, he seems like a pretty smart guy why would he assume I was a wolf when all I did was post suggesting that he was a wolf. Maybe it's that HE is a wolf" and so you started posting accordingly.

But I'm horrible at the game, and you're the best player on the site.

And so then, you state repeatedly that since you think I'm a wolf, all of my statements to the contrary just convince you that I'm lying and am only lying because I am in fact a wolf.

And so then, I state repeatedly that since I think you're a wolf, all of your statements to the contrary just convince me that you're lying and are only lying because you are in fact a wolf.

But I'm horrible at the game, and you're the best player on the site.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:08 AM   #23
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

I never implied that the reason you were bad at the game was that you were wrong about me being a wolf. We're all guilty of falsely accusing greens. I'd never fault you for doing what I myself did, especially if I'm more guilty of it than you.

You suck at the game because you don't understand the subtleties of the things you say. You defend the wolf kill, get offended when I insult the wolves, argue to lynch me because I am attacking you (and seemed that you were afraid that I'd get you lynched, whether you'll admit it or not). These are not things a good green player does. And considering you were blue, that just makes your actions in the game even more foolish. Bet you would have felt awfully dumb if you had gotten yourself lynched by acting the way you did. See how the reds played through that part of a day? That's how you should have behaved.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:07 AM   #24
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Bear in mind here Afro, that seeing as I -was- human, you might consider the possibility that you actually were acting in a way that actually did make me feel like you were a wolf. Maybe I give you too much credit? I naturally assumed that as a wolf, you'd be completely capable of holding up a strong "No U" front in the face of accusations of wolfdom, and that for the EXACT SAME REASONS that you felt more strongly I was a wolf as our conversations continued, that I felt more strongly that you were a wolf.

I suppose if I'd had a lower opinion of you as a player, I might have thought that you coudln't act the way you did if you were really a wolf. I guess that's my lesson for next time. Believe myself when I point out that you aren't actually as amazing at the game as you think you are.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:08 PM   #25
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

arfo is a danger to himself and society
Old 11-28-2009, 12:08 PM   #26
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

devonin is a danger to arfo and society
Old 11-28-2009, 12:09 PM   #27
FictionJunction
FFR Player

I'm the best.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:36 PM   #28
Ruritsu
FFR Player

Well, that was fun to read, and I got a few lulz out of it, but can we start the next player sign ups please?
Old 11-29-2009, 08:08 AM   #29
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
I suppose if I'd had a lower opinion of you as a player, I might have thought that you coudln't act the way you did if you were really a wolf. I guess that's my lesson for next time. Believe myself when I point out that you aren't actually as amazing at the game as you think you are.
In that regard, you probably should have a low opinion of me. I'm not a very good wolf. The last times I recall being a wolf, I was completely obvious about it and was rightfully lynched instantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruritsu View Post
can we start the next player sign ups please?
sorry you just missed sign-ups
Old 11-29-2009, 03:39 PM   #30
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
sorry you just missed sign-ups
Cold man, ice cold. And i know cold =[

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED
Old 11-29-2009, 09:11 PM   #31
u84
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Afro, just because Devonin points out logic doesn't mean he sucks.. It means he's a smart player who actually thinks before posting his entire thought process on every single player and action. Before going off and making insane accusations over the minutest things, he looks at everything and considers all possibilities.. isn't that what we're all supposed to be doing?

Then i remembered i found the package last night while drunk and put it on in excitement, then immediately passed out.

Last edited by: Tasselfoot; 7 minutes ago. Reason: I am your MILF.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:06 PM   #32
Afrombean
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by u84 View Post
Afro, just because Devonin points out logic doesn't mean he sucks.. It means he's a smart player who actually thinks before posting his entire thought process on every single player and action. Before going off and making insane accusations over the minutest things, he looks at everything and considers all possibilities.. isn't that what we're all supposed to be doing?
lol

Go back and read the chat log I posted and commented on during the game. He says so many things that are either completely wrong or simply illogical. He even claims that disputing a logical statement without providing an equally reasonable alternative is NOT appealing to fear. Rather than merely agreeing with me that the kill was a bad choice, he argued HEAVILY that it was not. You tell me that doesn't sound like a newb wolf trying to justify their bad choice.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:32 AM   #33
Viccica
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Viccica Send a message via MSN to Viccica

I vote we do only red and green games in celebration of the Christmas season.

In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu
Old 11-30-2009, 11:54 AM   #34
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Afro, jesus christ learn to read.

"Maybe we shouldn't be so hasty to assume they are idiots" is NOT DEFENDING THE WOLF KILL. "Actually it was a great idea to kill Freaky" that would be defending the wolf kill. "Actually, I feel strongly that they had a -very- good reason to pick him" would be defending the wolf kill. "Hey guys, lets not just jump right to an unfounded assumption" is NOT defending the wolf kill. It is opposing the logic used to conclude that they are morons. That is a very different thing.

I'll also point out that your conclusion as to why they picked Freaky was WRONG, they didn't pick freaky to try and avoid hitting a guard, they picked someone at random because they didn't give a ****. So when I said "Maybe Afro isn't automatically right just because he talks like he's right" I was actually correct. Fancy that, from such a horrible player too.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:17 PM   #35
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggymatrixcounter View Post

@afro and devon: Even though this game only lasted one day, I still see you arguing for most of this postgame, so can we just assume you guys battle it out for like 3 or 4 pages and then decide to agree to disagree? I'm tired of reading posts of you two arguing XD.
I guess not XD.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:21 PM   #36
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

I'm not even arguing, so much as trying to get Afro to realise that now that the game is over, and nobody is trying to lynch him, that he can stop misrepresenting my position in the game to save his ass.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:05 PM   #37
FictionJunction
FFR Player

nobody is trying to lynch you arfo
Old 12-1-2009, 12:47 AM   #38
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
It is opposing the logic used to conclude that they are morons.
Wait...
Quote:
Afro, jesus christ learn to read.
I need to learn to read? How about you? I said over and over how me calling the wolves idiots was a TRICK. I never truly believed that to be indicative of the wolves being morons. I used it to see if I could draw out any wolves, to see if anyone would defend the kill choice, if anyone would be offended. You defended it (even if you say you didn't) and you became offended quickly, even claiming that I called you an insult. I set the trap to catch a foolish wolf, but instead you somehow found your way into getting caught in it. I don't even understand how you as a green could do that.

Quote:
I'll also point out that your conclusion as to why they picked Freaky was WRONG, they didn't pick freaky to try and avoid hitting a guard, they picked someone at random because they didn't give a ****.
You don't think they would have changed it if their random choice had turned out to be someone likely to be guarded? if they TRULY didn't give a ****, they would have just thrown caution to the wind and attacked whoever they felt like without considering the guardian.

Quote:
So when I said "Maybe Afro isn't automatically right just because he talks like he's right" I was actually correct. Fancy that, from such a horrible player too.
I say "The kill was a bad choice". I was right. They should have left freaky alive so that I could kill him during the day, so that I and the other greens would do their legwork. Me nearly being lynched was something stupid they couldn't have accounted for, but me being lynched in place of freaky isn't something that they could have ever guessed would happen or hoped could come to be. They really just took a random kill choice, and the choice was not a good one. That's all I've said all along, dev. I don't know why you clamped so tightly onto my personal attacks on the wolves, calling them morons and whatnot. I've said over and over that that was only a trick, hoping to catch a wolf if they elicited the very same response to the personal attack that you gave me.
Old 12-1-2009, 12:23 PM   #39
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

I guess it was a bad plan then, if every person who reacted to you wasn't a wolf, including arguably the most veteran player that isn't you.
Old 12-1-2009, 12:34 PM   #40
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I guess it was a bad plan then, if every person who reacted to you wasn't a wolf, including arguably the most veteran player that isn't you.
It wasn't that bad of a plan, I just gave it so much weight because of how strongly you responded. Had you not defended so heartily, had you not been so offended, I wouldn't have given the trap's return much weight.