Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 09:19 PM   #41
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction
Default Re: TWG XC: Deja Vu POSTGAME

be humble u84. you too syhto!

I would have kept my vote for syhto had arfo not gone after u84. I was pretty broken down last game ;_; and the idea was just sooo appealing - the glory!
Old 11-12-2009, 07:31 AM   #42
Viccica
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Viccica Send a message via MSN to Viccica

3 normal wolves, 11 normal humans, 1 seer?

Yesh?

In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu
Old 11-12-2009, 08:19 AM   #43
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Apologies on the length of the reply. You guys gave me quite a bit to respond to while I was sleeping all day yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hufsa View Post
Right, I missed signing up for this game by an hour or so, which sucked, but it was an entertaining read. The games over on the site I help administer are getting a tad too complex for my liking, so I'd like to latch on here assuming you guys stick to the basics.

I've got to say that I don't think this past game should have happened, however. There's no way a game with no Guard and a 3:1 human-wolf ratio is balanced. Blame the humans' struggles on inactivity if you will, or credit strong wolf play, but I think the main reason the last two games have been four-and-outs is that they're slanted more than slightly toward the wolves. That's just my two cents, though.
These games aren't balanced horribly. I personally would rather see less wolves (i.e., three) and less blues (i.e., none), but as it stands, that's NOT why we've lost the last two with shutouts. This game was played relatively poorly by the humans (myself included), until the seer finally screwed up, causing me to throw everything away right when we were on the verge of nailing the wolves (which I guess we should have been considering the heavy ratio of wolves to humans at that point). Last game was lost because certain people followed a wolf blindly, combined with the fact we lost our seer night 1 (not that seer is 100% necessary if one simply knows how to play the game).

Taking out wolves while keeping the blues would tip the balance too heavily toward the humans I think. The blues exist assuming they'll help find wolves, it just so happens that they haven't helped AT ALL in the last two games and instead their mere existence has screwed us up royally both times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by u84 View Post
Afro, shut the **** up. You and I clearly talked about, because I had slipped up with syhto, saving my ass by telling everyone i seered syhto red.
I referred to this directly in my post above.

This was before I figured out you faked a log at me. When I came to that realization, everything prior went out the window. It did worry me a little that Syhto was a wolf and she had faked it, but she didn't fake anything, so I was completely right in my original analysis.

Quote:
You knew I seered Panda and that I was going to tell people that I had seered Syhto.
You never told me you were going forward with that plan, and if you were, you should have posted immediately at the beginning of day.

And you shouldn't have told her you were the seer if you were going forward with that plan, no matter what.

And with that log saying I had been seer'd (apparently a misunderstanding), I wasn't sure what to think, because I had never told you to say that and you had never told me you'd be saying that.

Quote:
How the **** would you simply forget this upon being confronted by syhto or tupac?
Like I said above, if you lying in this way was all there was, I wouldn't have gotten you killed. The fake log was what made me change my mind about you, and I used the lies as a way to strengthen the case against you when they otherwise wouldn't have affected my opinion of you at all.

Quote:
Seriously, don't critique me on lying when you clearly ****ed everything up.
You're right. It's my fault you faked a log at me for no reason and caused me to lose all trust in you. Sorry.

Quote:
I had everything going perfectly and then you went and ****ed it up and got me lynched, by insta, no less.
I never advocated insta. Tupac plus me plus 3 wolves was enough to do it though.

Quote:
Then you went and mind-****ed him
lmao

I was the mastermind of your death. Syhto went along with me and helped me by posting logs and voting for you. It wasn't her idea. She didn't manipulate me. I killed you for faking a log at me, not because Syhto is a master manipulator. I was quite sure she was a wolf at the time until I discovered you faked a log at me, at which point my opinions of the two of you flipflopped. I knew one of you had faked the log, and that MUST HAVE meant one of you was a wolf. Why the hell was the wolf the one who provided me with a legitimate log?

Quote:
It wasn't until Afro ****ed up that you realized I was the seer.
I love how it's my fault that you faked a log.

Quote:
Syhto is amazing.
I won't contend that she is a great player, but she wouldn't have won the game like this if not for you faking a log at me and me working to kill you for it. Had you not done that, you wouldn't have died-- Syhto would have instead.

Quote:
I want to make it clear I was fine with the lying, just Afro ****ed it up and that I had made plans with Afro as to the "readings" I was going to give other people. How he forgot that, I will never know..
Again, I only used the lies to strengthen my argument. I had little qualm with them, because again, lying about Sytho being seer'd red was MY IDEA.

You died because you faked a log, not because you lied about Syhto being seer'd red.

Quote:
Do you not now see that it was my log that was the real thing..
Why would Syhto lie in postgame? Her story was already more credible during the game, then immediately after the game ended she told me she didn't fake anything and was actually laughing at your stupidity in faking it, because she knew it would lead to your death.

Quote:
So, you tell me to wait until later and then bring this all up while I'm gone. If you had some suspicion, you could have sent me a message on AIM. it goes DIRECTLY TO MY PHONE if I'm not online.. No, instead, you seem to have forgotten everything we talked about and went on to kill me anyway.
I said to you "at least I know one of you is a wolf" when I pointed out the fact that the logs didn't match.

If you had come clean and said you faked it, I probably would have trusted you regardless. You trying to pull over a fast one on me made me lose all trust in you though.

I was completely justified to vote to lynch you. I wash my hands of guilt here. I was completely ready to take guilt for the loss when it happened, because I figured Syhto had been the one who faked and I was mistaken in thinking it was you. But once she told me she didn't fake anything, I washed my hands of the guilt. You fake a log, you get lynched. Not my fault you were actually human.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
excuse me while I bask in the glory of being the only one who openly considered the possibility of the blues hiding in the open.

ahh, yess. This feels great.
Syhto did as well.

And when u84 told me about it, I wasn't surprised at all. Seemed like something outside of the play level I'd've expected from him (which is why I guessed fiction was involved when I figured u84 as a wolf), but the tactic overall didn't surprise me at all. The reason I didn't voice it (and why I even argued against it if I recall) is that the tactic isn't useful if EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT IT IS.

Fiction, next time you figure out a blue strategy like that, keep it to yourself. Pointing it out publicly would only serve to help the wolves. If you want the ego boost, just make a note of it to mention in post game. Boosting your ego by helping the wolves isn't a good thing, even if the wolves fail to take your "advice".

I still don't understand why syhto didn't just kill u84 right away. That's what I'd've done if I was a wolf last game. Even if he wasn't really the seer, he was the ONLY public tie to the seer, so killing him was the best choice anyway. She said she was thinking on a higher level, but the plan was pretty convoluted as it was, I don't know why she thought it was an even more convoluted TRAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syhto View Post
Furthermore, we only needed one vote on a human to haul ass and get them insta'd right away. I don't understand why everyone thinks I would have been lynched if not for _____. Frankly I don't believe it.
Even if my argument wouldn't have done it (which I think it might have considering fiction was behind it, and few other ideas were put forward that day), u84 popping up and saying "I seer'd syhto red last night", would have.

Quote:
Afro, by all means, you can take full credit for getting your own seer lynched if you want to.
I do want to. I caught someone faking logs. I'm terribly proud of that.

Not my fault the guy didn't know that humans shouldn't fake logs (not that ANYONE should really fake logs, especially when the people are still alive).

Quote:
Truthfully I worked my ass off this game to reach the end with my team intact. Afro, thanks for enabling me.
Don't thank me. I was all for killing you until u84 faked that log. You should be thanking him.

Quote:
But you aren't really the driving force in this game. Really. You're not. It doesn't all depend on who you're going after, I could have won with or without you on my tail.
Your team could have, I'll admit that, but if not for u84 faking the log, you would have been lynched that day. You can't talk your way out of a lynch when the seer says you were seer'd red.

Quote:
I wasn't that impressed.
Yeah, wasn't really my A game. You were the only wolf I really called (not that the others posted ANYTHING to go off of anyway), but I waffled throughout the entire game, finally ending up on the wrong side about you due to a failure on my seer's part combined in part with a pretty good tactic in faking blue on your part.

Quote:
And don't respond to me in your typical dissection form. Just shut your mouth for once, and consider what I'm saying. You know it's true.
no u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viccica View Post
Frankly, we didn't have subs to cover for me or I'd have stepped down.
THREE OF FOUR WOLVES WOULD HAVE BEEN SUBBED.

THIS IS BULL****.

I have half a mind to host next game with no blues, 3 wolves, no subs, and no phantoms (players who get a phantom instead just die). Who thinks this is a good idea?

Quote:
The last thing we need is another ****ty player with a giant head, although, you're at least not as ****ty as him.
Haha. Syhto is, in spite of being VERY new, one of the best players playing today here, and the worst part is that she's apparently good at playing the wolf side as well as the human side. People like me or manti are pretty bad as wolves.

She's one of the few people around here who pretty much are justified to have a big head, even without winning this past game in the way she did.

Quote:
Afro, you are a good player and I would hope you don't change your tactics simply because it's too in-your-face. People need to learn to be just like that, if not more so.
I wouldn't know how to change if I wanted, and I actually agree for the most part. People should play more aggressively.

I don't want to see people adapt my shotgunning approach to accusations though. That would be a little wild with 15 players going around all constantly accusing each other the way I do.

Quote:
Afro got retarded.
Don't fake logs at me and I won't "get retarded". I tend to "get retarded" when I catch people doing retarded things.

Quote:
no, my point is that you have no idea what would have happened. So stop pulling that **** in either direction.
Maybe I'm special in this regard, but I can usually guess who will be lynched if things continue down the path they are. Had that stuff with u84 not happened, you definitely would have been lynched, especially if u84 merely posted "syhto was seer'd red last night", which is what I wanted for him to do in the first place.

I changed my mind once day broke though. I said "I'll take it from here, u84", because I was pretty sure we'd be able to take you down without lying about seering you. But u84 still went to the trouble of lying over aim to at least tupac, so whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viccica View Post
3 normal wolves, 11 normal humans, 1 seer?

Yesh?
Replace seer with guardian, and if the guard works, no one is told who was attacked. Or maybe psychic.

I like the psychic role better than seer for balance, because the seer role finds reds with 100% certainty (no matter how well the red is playing), while the psychic role still requires the player to use their mind and work with their exclusive information to find wolves. Seers are just told if they found a wolf.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:40 PM   #44
tupacodaman
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to tupacodaman

ok, I think we've had a good discussion of the game now. host sign-ups soon I guess, clari?
Old 11-12-2009, 03:52 PM   #45
FreezinIce
FFR Player

WOOF WOOF

In retrospect, thats how I felt I acted when i was alive. I was just a dog chasing its tail <_<. About the only decent thing I did that game was convince people of my humanity...the night I died. Well except for that epic misplay at the end i thought that was a decent game. If by decent you mean inactive, ****ty, with people who phantom out and get subbed and their subs phantom out too. Seriously, what the ****. Dont sign up if your not going to be active. I know im new and i probably dont know what makes a good TWG, but im pretty sure that inactive people and forced instas to save phantoms are universally bad. Yeah im already tired of that **** and this is my first game. Ain't that a female dog.

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED
Old 11-12-2009, 05:06 PM   #46
Makilaz
TWG Princess
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to Makilaz Send a message via AIM to Makilaz Send a message via MSN to Makilaz Send a message via Yahoo to Makilaz Send a message via Skype™ to Makilaz

Quote:
I have half a mind to host next game with no blues, 3 wolves, no subs, and no phantoms (players who get a phantom instead just die). Who thinks this is a good idea?
Do it. Please.

And while we're at it, make the no phantoms thing permanent. If you can't vote ONCE during a 48 hour period, you don't deserve to keep playing.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:19 PM   #47
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter

I love postgames. We should call them, "The 'Let's all yell at afro' thread"

I'm signing up for next game. Beware afro, your manipulatively long posts and logic rants do not work on me XD.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:37 AM   #48
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggymatrixcounter View Post
I love postgames. We should call them, "The 'Let's all yell at afro' thread"
How about "Afro makes long mad posts filled with obscenities"?

Or "People get pissy at Afro and he shuts them down with huge ass replies that no one even bothers to read".

Quote:
I'm signing up for next game. Beware afro, your manipulatively long posts and logic rants do not work on me XD.
Logic rant? I guess I should take that as a complement. I mean, you didn't say "fallacy rant", so I must be doing something right!
Old 05-22-2014, 10:01 AM   #49
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Archived 5-22-2014 11:01 AM EST

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Closed Thread