Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #1
LaZboy77
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to LaZboy77
Default Watching someone play live on their profile

I don't know if anyone else has thought of this, but I think it would be cool to be able to see someone playing the game while you're on their profile. Say you were adding friends or something and you come across someone you want to add whose online. You go to their profile and you can see a box, like the open chat, that shows them in the middle of a game. I think it would be interesting. Not sure how difficult it would be to make it happen, but it's just a suggestion.
LaZboy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Watching someone play live on their profile

They could add a feature in profile to handle livestreaming, but yeah may as well just post a profile thought with a link instead. I get your idea, but considering how FFR works, it would probably be too heavy on queries to track down everyone playing live.
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:10 PM   #3
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm
Default Re: Watching someone play live on their profile

Seeing as frame hit data isn't sent to the server until after the level is finished (pass or fail), I don't think this is feasible, period. Yes, step grade counts are updated live in multiplayer rooms, but the level is still being run on the player's end.

If you want to livestream your arrow-smashing sessions, get yourself a webcam and a Twitch/Ustream account. Maybe join in on the FFR Perfect Project while you're at it, which is a mission to collect videos of perfect scores on every song in the game.
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote