Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums > Gaming > Video Games

Old 10-9-2007, 04:55 PM   #61
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: 9/17/07*** Final Fantasy 7 Remake!! Confirmedd

They aren't stupid -- they have listened to crowd demand with respect to an FF7 remake. It's a matter of planning and scheduling and timing. They are busy with tons of other projects right now (namely FFXIII), and the game director of FF7 (Yoshinori Kitase) and designer (Tetsuya Nomura) have said themselves that they and the rest of the staff love FF7 dearly, but they don't have any plans to remake the game.

However, they have claimed decisions are made rather quickly sometimes. It only took them two days to decide to make Crisis Core. Also, Nomura has been known for his... well:

""Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children is a 20 minute short film.

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children will be around 60 minutes long.

There won't be a Final Mix for Kingdom Hearts 2, as we decided to put everything we wanted to into the game the first time around.

We wanted to have both language tracks on the Kingdom Hearts 2 disc, but there's no space at all.

We're definitely not making a Final Fantasy VII remake."

In other words, until they say they are making it, assume they aren't. Keep in mind that no decision is ever final here -- they know people want it.
MrRubix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2007, 04:58 PM   #62
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

In any case, this is pure sex:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N-FGrAtQl2k
MrRubix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:04 PM   #63
Dark Ronin
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Final Fantasy 7 is 99% overrated. The only reason you guys love it is because it was your first (or one of your first) RPGs, and DEFINITELY your first 3D RPG. If the exact game had instead come out today under another title (that is to say, NOT a Final Fantasy game), it wouldn't receive ANY attention at all, except maybe something to the effect of "wow that new square enix game is nothing special."
That is not true at all. My first RPG was Shining force for the Sega (I love my sega) and I played more RPGs than I can count since. My first Final Fantasy game was IX. I went from IX to VIII then VII. Not to mention all the other RPGs I played that werent FF. Yet VII is still easily one of the best video games ever made in my opinion. Its the story that makes it so great. I admit, the game does get a cult following, but it earned it. Something doesnt have to be new and cutting edge to be good. [ex. The old Starwars movies looked horrible and they are getting old, but they still have a great following and are very good movies in their own right. Or look at any great artist's works.]
Dark Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:07 PM   #64
Latentsanity
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I liked FFVII a decent bit, but I can't even express how much I dislike playing through Midgar when I want to replay the game. I've even got a save file right after completing Midgar for that purpose only. Pretty though they may make it, it'll take a lot of awesome to get past my little mental block against:

"LOL R WE OUT OV MIDGER YET?'
"Yes. Wait, no. Have fun climbing this golden shiny wire of hope. You've got a ways to go yet."
"D:"
Latentsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:24 PM   #65
Conorn
Lord of the Tea Republic
FFR Veteran

i would be happy for a FF7 remake, but it better be the same storyline.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:43 AM   #66
Professor Raine
FFR Player

It makes you wonder what kind of Easter Eggs or Secrets they'll add. And the graphics...Knights of the Round will rock.

My simfilez ----
Dancing Rain : Dancing Rain 2
Professor Raine is offline   Reply With Quote