Old 07-31-2016, 05:51 PM   #1
drizzleRomanceGirl
rain of memories...
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to drizzleRomanceGirl
Default Magicians

so basically, you have to full combo FFR songs with an element in its name with 9 boos or less

for example, the song Fire is the name of an element, and the song Ice Disk is the has the word ice in it which is the ice element

every time you FC a song with an element in its name, you will be one level higher in that element

if you FC one song of a particular element, then you'll be level 1 in that element, and you gain one level for every different song name that's related to that element

if you want to be a Fire Magician, then you could FC Fire and other songs with the word fire in it, but you could also FC songs related to fire, like {Blaze}

you can learn as many elements as you want; there's no limit to how many different elements you can learn

some elements are weak to other elements; for example water is strong against fire

you can also challenge other magicians with any element that you've learned, but you can only use one element in a challenge; however, the other person has to accept first

for the elements that are strong against other elements, they will do 50% more damage than normal based on your level for that element

if you're level 1 for an element, you have a 1% chance of winning each turn, and if you're level 5 for an element, you have a 5% chance of winning each turn; however, if a level 1 Water Magician challenges a level 5 Fire Magician, the Water Magician will have a 1.5% chance each turn instead of a 1% chance

i'll do the turns automatically on random.org

if you win a challenge, you gain as many levels as the level of the element your opponent used

P.S. water and ice are different elements

this game sounds really fun

*edit* also you have to take a screenshot of each song and post them in this thread for it to count as a level for that element

also i'm in!

*edit 2* for songs with two or more different elements in them like Frozen Fire, you gain one level for each element in the song, so for this song you would gain one level for Ice and one level for Fire

*edit 3* songs don't necessarily have to have a synonym for an element as long as the song represents the element

*edit 4* you can only play each song once; it doesn't count if you try to play the same song again

also the maximum level for each element is 75 since anymore than 75% means that you will almost always win

if two players who challenge each other both end up winning during the same turn, then it ends in a draw and neither player gains any levels

the lightning element doesn't have enough songs for it, so from now on it'll be known as the electricity element

also the wind element manipulates air, so it'll be known as the air element

Magicians

1. drizzleRomanceGirl level 3 Ice; level 1 Fire; level 2 water
2. PhantomPuppy
3. Travis_Flesher level 3 drunken warlock; level 1 Neon; level 1 Gold, level 1 Mercury
4. Precarious level 3 Fire; level 1 Ice; level 1 Sun; level 1 Life; level 1 water; level 1 Electricity; level 1 air; level 1 Earth

my discord username is drizzleRomanceGirl0706 in case anyone wants to message me

Division 5 2nd place

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosua View Post
Oh, I thought it was just my internet this whole time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
Also that triple post is almost as delicious as a hot, fresh, Domino's pizza.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
can y'all take a break and kiss
(the first section of this chapter)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5125582...sokyo-no-Jinja

Last edited by drizzleRomanceGirl; 08-1-2016 at 02:01 PM..
drizzleRomanceGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 06:08 PM   #2
PhantomPuppy
Washed and Irrelevant D7
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: The Worst Game Ever

in. sounds like an interesting game.

edit: the elements seem like they're going to be a bit unbalanced. for example, there's 15 songs with either fire or flame in their names, while ice has 4.

10th OT (D3): 13th
11th OT (D6): 11th
12th OT (D6): 6th
13th OT (D7): 31st
14th OT (D7): 25th
15th OT (D7): LAST PLACE
16th OT (D7): LAST PLACE LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
you know what they say

under all the rust is really shiny...……… metal

Last edited by PhantomPuppy; 07-31-2016 at 06:10 PM..
PhantomPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 06:12 PM   #3
drizzleRomanceGirl
rain of memories...
FFR Veteran

Default Re: The Worst Game Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPuppy View Post
in. sounds like an interesting game.

edit: the elements seem like they're going to be a bit unbalanced. for example, there's 15 songs with either fire or flame in their names, while ice has 4.
there's at least eight songs with the ice element:

four songs with the word ice or iced in it, and four songs with the word frozen in it

also welcome

*edit* also Absolute Zero counts as a song with the ice element because it's literally the coldest possible temperature

songs don't necessarily have to have a synonym for an element either as long as the song represents the element

ugh the song {Frozen} is so annoying

Yes! I'm an ice magician! (And a fire magician, but i don't want to use fire)

my discord username is drizzleRomanceGirl0706 in case anyone wants to message me

Division 5 2nd place

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by drizzleRomanceGirl; 07-31-2016 at 07:02 PM..
Old 07-31-2016, 07:41 PM   #4
lofty rhino
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Default Re: Magicians

lmao Re: "the worst game ever"

tbh, i thought someone was bringing up a real conversation about western occultism

this is cool too, though
lofty rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 09:40 PM   #5
Travis_Flesher
Champion
FFR Veteran

After extensive searching these were the only elements I could find that were actually listed on the periodic table.

I am the drunken warlock mage prepare to meet thy doom.

Last edited by Travis_Flesher; 07-31-2016 at 10:40 PM..
Travis_Flesher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 11:16 PM   #6
drizzleRomanceGirl
rain of memories...
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis_Flesher View Post
After extensive searching these were the only elements I could find that were actually listed on the periodic table.

I am the drunken warlock mage prepare to meet thy doom.
Cutting Circles and Leadfoot don't count; also you could play the song Elements and have one level for every element lol

you're a level 1 gold, mercury, and neon magician XD

also you're a level 3 drunken warlock magician :P; the other scores don't count because they aren't FCs though

i'm a level 2 ice magician!

*edit* now i'm a level 3 ice magician and a level 1 water magician

level 2 water magician!

Division 5 2nd place

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by drizzleRomanceGirl; 08-1-2016 at 01:02 AM..
Old 08-1-2016, 01:05 AM   #7
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran

I can post individual screenshots if necessary, but these are the songs I played (with FC and <9 boos) after reading the OP. I'm holding off on posting the individual screenshots for now since I'm not sure how the hide image function works, and eight additional pictures seems like a lot.

warm sea (Water, possibly Fire)

Burnout (Fire)
Dying Flame (Fire)
Firebird (Fire)

Story of Snowman and Sunshine Girl (Ice)

Louder Than Thunder (Lighting)

Underground (Earth)

Leaves in the Wind (Wind)

Precarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-1-2016, 03:09 AM   #8
drizzleRomanceGirl
rain of memories...
FFR Veteran

nice! warm sea only counts for water and story of snowman and sunshine girl also counts for the sun element

also leaves in the wind also counts for the Life Element

there's also sunshine rainy, which counts for the sun element and the water element

Division 5 2nd place

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by drizzleRomanceGirl; 08-1-2016 at 03:14 AM..
Old 08-1-2016, 03:37 AM   #9
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran

I played Sunshine rainy early yesterday, probably before this thread was up, so I'm not sure it should count.
Old 08-1-2016, 04:11 AM   #10
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

This looks like it could perhaps be an interesting game. Just a few suggestions.

1) As people submit, keep track of which files count towards which elements (so that in the future, there is no second guessing if something has or hasn't counted before).

2) Keep track of which elements are strong against others (i.e. make a chart of some sort). As new elements are discovered, add them to the chart.

3) The rules don't make it clear if one can play a song more than once to obtain multiple levels within a given element.

4) How do challenges work? If person A challenges person B with element X then it seems that person B can respond to that challenge by accepting the challenge with an element Y that is strong against X. In other words, it seems like there is little incentive to creating challenges and a lot of incentive to accept them; I'm not sure if this is what you are going for. One way to fix this would be to make it so that both challengers independently choose their elements secretly (i.e. doing this via a pm to you).

5) This rule
Quote:
if you win a challenge, you gain as many levels as the level of the element your opponent used
has a few issues.

-The first is that it seems that it'll be difficult for people to gain levels for people that start to play much later down the road (i.e. if everyone else is level 1000 in every element and you can't find anymore at your level to beat, preventing you from gaining levels).

-The second is that it seems that there isn't a cap on how high one's level can be. If that's the case, someone that is over level 100 in a given element will automatically win on their first turn since they'll have over a 100% chance of winning.

-The third is that it seems like this system could be easily abused by two or more people colluding with one another and repeatedly challenging one another and working together to pick elements in such a way that it'll increase both of their levels.

6) I don't see why Leadfoot doesn't count? The term means that someone has a heavy foot (as if it was made out of the element lead) thus causing them to have a tendency to drive fast.

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
reuben_tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-1-2016, 10:24 AM   #11
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Would "Cold Breath" count as an ice song?
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-1-2016, 10:25 AM   #12
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Also, with FFR api we can actually track this with a website rather than manually..

If you could get a list of songs, we could make it happen.
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-1-2016, 01:06 PM   #13
drizzleRomanceGirl
rain of memories...
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precarious View Post
I played Sunshine rainy early yesterday, probably before this thread was up, so I'm not sure it should count.
oh, nevermind then

you can always play it again though if you want

Division 5 2nd place

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 08-1-2016, 01:36 PM   #14
drizzleRomanceGirl
rain of memories...
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
This looks like it could perhaps be an interesting game. Just a few suggestions.

1) As people submit, keep track of which files count towards which elements (so that in the future, there is no second guessing if something has or hasn't counted before).

2) Keep track of which elements are strong against others (i.e. make a chart of some sort). As new elements are discovered, add them to the chart.

3) The rules don't make it clear if one can play a song more than once to obtain multiple levels within a given element.

4) How do challenges work? If person A challenges person B with element X then it seems that person B can respond to that challenge by accepting the challenge with an element Y that is strong against X. In other words, it seems like there is little incentive to creating challenges and a lot of incentive to accept them; I'm not sure if this is what you are going for. One way to fix this would be to make it so that both challengers independently choose their elements secretly (i.e. doing this via a pm to you).

5) This rule

has a few issues.

-The first is that it seems that it'll be difficult for people to gain levels for people that start to play much later down the road (i.e. if everyone else is level 1000 in every element and you can't find anymore at your level to beat, preventing you from gaining levels).

-The second is that it seems that there isn't a cap on how high one's level can be. If that's the case, someone that is over level 100 in a given element will automatically win on their first turn since they'll have over a 100% chance of winning.

-The third is that it seems like this system could be easily abused by two or more people colluding with one another and repeatedly challenging one another and working together to pick elements in such a way that it'll increase both of their levels.

6) I don't see why Leadfoot doesn't count? The term means that someone has a heavy foot (as if it was made out of the element lead) thus causing them to have a tendency to drive fast.
thank you very much for the advice; i appreciate it

1. i'd rather say which songs have which elements every time i see it; i don't think i'll say the same song has different elements later because each song related to elements either has synonyms for the element, the actual name of the element, or the concept of the song relates to the element

2. i'll probably do that later

3. you can only play each song once; it doesn't count if you try to play the same song again

4. i think it makes it more fun to challenge other people because the person who challenges has a lot more risk than the person he or she is challenging, so it makes it more risky to challenge anyone

5. a) in most level games it is a lot more difficult to catch up with people who have been playing for a lot longer though; there's also a small chance the low-level person will win and be a higher level than the other person

b) actually maybe the max level should be 75 then

c) you can do this in martial arts in person though; two people can train against each other a lot and get a lot more experience

6. it doesn't specifically mean lead though, it just compares it to lead; i don't think that should count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
Would "Cold Breath" count as an ice song?
yep

also if two players who challenge each other both end up winning during the same turn, then it ends in a draw and neither player gains any levels

the lightning element doesn't have enough songs for it, so from now on it'll be known as the electricity element

the wind element would have more songs if it's the air element

Division 5 2nd place

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by drizzleRomanceGirl; 08-1-2016 at 03:31 PM..
Old 08-2-2016, 02:47 AM   #15
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran

+1 Air level.

Last edited by Precarious; 08-2-2016 at 02:47 AM..
Old 08-2-2016, 02:49 AM   #16
Travis_Flesher
Champion
FFR Veteran

Quote:
+1 Air level.
+2 for AAAing it
Travis_Flesher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-2-2016, 03:07 AM   #17
drizzleRomanceGirl
rain of memories...
FFR Veteran

Quote:
+1 Air level.

nice, but that song has to do with water and rain, so it only counts for the water element

that's a remix of the song of storms and the serenade of water from zelda

Division 5 2nd place

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: