Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-5-2012, 08:16 AM   #41
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Default Re: A Bit of Token Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballa48 View Post
More generally, I am confused at all the "elitist" complaints. We are lucky to have this game at all, first of all. Second, it's not like 90% of the game is locked to beginning players. You have 100s of songs to play no matter your ability level. As you get better, you have the opportunity to take on some challenges and unlock a few more songs. How on earth is this elitist? Yeah, some of the tokens are hard. Honestly, there should be harder ones. There should be a token for AAA'ing a 90 or above. Fine, 3 people will have it, but it will be a landmark achievement. Similarly, anti PA is a skill whether you like it or not. It takes work.
The game in it's self is not elitist. The community is. (Sorry that's a tid bit of a side note.) But it's no where as bad as say Osu. (Different thread would be needed for that one entirely.)

Again, to me AntiPA can never be seen as a skill no matter how you explain it, simply due to it's nature of the fact it's counter productive. Yeah going for all averages is a talent when you reduce it to one frame, but two of the engines now have an amazing window, that idea is kind of gone.

I only suggested a change to token whore because if we do reorganize the list all the tokens won't be in their original order which kind of forces a change to the requirement.
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-5-2012, 03:22 PM   #42
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Anti-PA is a skill because you can get better at it with practice. People like awein, rushy, or Dossar can get ridiculous anti-PA scores because they've spent a lot of time specifically trying to get unusual scores like that. Yes, you do have to spend time doing stuff that isn't just PAing harder and harder charts! It's a skill, but the key is, it's a *different* skill from playing the game normally, and the two definitely don't go hand in hand. Middie, you seem to be under the impression that there is only one Proper way of playing the game and everything else is stupid, but I think you're being closed-minded and even anti-fun. Life must be super boring for you.
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-5-2012, 03:45 PM   #43
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

All sarcasm/mild attacks aside, I agree with qq's post, Middie. It can be fun. It's not going to be fun for everyone. AAA'ing isn't fun to some people either, I'm sure. I enjoy diagonal scroll, does everyone else? Anti-PA can be a fun challenge if you look at it as such. I don't really think it's a terrible thing like you talk it up to be.
justin_ator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-5-2012, 04:05 PM   #44
retching oesophagus
(^._.^) =^-ω-^= (^・o・^)ノ
FFR Veteran

Yep, otherwise you might as well say regular FFR is not a skill, due to its nature of the fact it's counterproductive as well.
retching oesophagus is offline   Reply With Quote