Old 03-31-2020, 04:52 PM   #181
melonpapes
FFR Player
 
melonpapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Confirmed: Sending supplies
Posts: 325
Default Re: Coronavirus

We went from 9 confirmed cases in Windsor 4 days ago to 66 today. I think the way it went was something like 9 -> 15 -> 25 -> 44 -> 66
__________________
melonpapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2020, 12:44 PM   #182
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Batch Search Engine Developer
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
DossarLX ODI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 26
Posts: 14,576
Default Re: Coronavirus

What the hell. In one week, 3.3 million Americans filed for unemployment.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 04-1-2020 at 12:44 PM..
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2020, 01:44 PM   #183
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
gold stinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 25
Posts: 5,399
Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
Wonder what's going to happen as a result of this. There's no way there's enough support for the unemployment branch of the government in the US to accommodate all the people applying.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
butts.



- Tosh 2014




gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2020, 01:50 PM   #184
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author
 
MixMasterLar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Emerald Coast
Posts: 5,070
Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: Coronavirus

After 7,000+ cases we <finally> have a statewide stay at home order fuck you DeSantis
__________________

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter
I have a Let's Play Channel that I update weekly
(most of the time)
Subscribe and be a part of the fun!



Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
Achievement unlocked: reading the setup
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy (Neee) View Post
But, I mean, shado claimed to seer check his N0 on N4, so obvs there's some NEXT LEVEL SHIT going down..
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times
.
MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2020, 07:00 PM   #185
TC_Halogen
Rhythm game specialist.
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
TC_Halogen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bel Air, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 18,840
Send a message via AIM to TC_Halogen Send a message via Skype™ to TC_Halogen
Default Re: Coronavirus

Tomorrow is an exception because I've gotta make two back-to-back presentations and it has to be within our on-site infrastructure: I'm officially teleworking full time.
TC_Halogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2020, 07:47 PM   #186
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran
 
Funnygurl555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 23
Posts: 2,134
Default Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
Wonder what's going to happen as a result of this. There's no way there's enough support for the unemployment branch of the government in the US to accommodate all the people applying.
on a government level they definitely can support Americans through this time, if a 2 trillion stimulus bill is any indication.

hope they do though

good to hear you're teleworking halogen
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
is funny eaman?
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)


Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Heh never underestimate the power of free time
boredom
wanting to get to know you all
true love
a sense of community
blackmail
weekend warriors
my desire to know everyone's dirty lil secrets


our mutual desire to be funny bois and gurls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
There comes a point where we have to ask our selves, "do we really want to deal with that, desperate as we are?"

I think we can all agree on the answer, yeah?
Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2020, 10:26 PM   #187
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
aperson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Houston
Posts: 3,291
Send a message via AIM to aperson
Default Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
on a government level they definitely can support Americans through this time, if a 2 trillion stimulus bill is any indication.

hope they do though
Narrator: They did not.
__________________
aperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2020, 01:34 AM   #188
melonpapes
FFR Player
 
melonpapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Confirmed: Sending supplies
Posts: 325
Default Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by melonpapes View Post
We went from 9 confirmed cases in Windsor 4 days ago to 66 today. I think the way it went was something like 9 -> 15 -> 25 -> 44 -> 66
We're up to 99 with a death now
__________________
melonpapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2020, 02:14 AM   #189
MikeShinoda12345
*\(^o^)/*
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
MikeShinoda12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Age: 24
Posts: 1,879
Default Re: Coronavirus

Haven't been here since 2019, missed a lot of this thread until now

Things in Taiwan are actually really okay. We were sitting at ~50 cases nationwide for a long time but when the virus hit Europe and North America we had a lot of Taiwanese flying back home and bringing the virus with them - now we're at 300+ and having about 15 new cases a day. We all have masks and a culture of using them (they were really helpful when Taiwan was hit by SARS years ago), and while some of us are now working at home, a lot of us haven't changed much except for more handwashing and mask-wearing. Schools are still in session. I still go out every single day. The gym is open, restaurants are all open, there are limits on purchasing alcohol and facemasks to prevent hoarding but things are still really cheap and accessible (we can buy about eight facemasks for $1 USD).

But I did university in North America and have friends there, and I've been reading reddit and other places where Americans and Canadians are talking about what's going on for you guys. Most people in Taiwan think that we have it pretty bad already, and flat out reject the idea that Americans and Europeans are living in more fear than we are, but also almost no one in Taiwan personally knows anyone who's gotten covid 19 at all. I don't know. I'm kind of rambling, and I don't know what it's like for you guys either. But I have friends in North America that are sick or who have sick family and even the healthy people are stuck at home for weeks on end. It makes me sad :/ Be safe, and I hope you all stay okay.
__________________
MikeShinoda12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2020, 02:31 AM   #190
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
gold stinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 25
Posts: 5,399
Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeShinoda12345 View Post
Most people in Taiwan think that we have it pretty bad already, and flat out reject the idea that Americans and Europeans are living in more fear than we are, but also almost no one in Taiwan personally knows anyone who's gotten covid 19 at all. I don't know. I'm kind of rambling, and I don't know what it's like for you guys either. But I have friends in North America that are sick or who have sick family and even the healthy people are stuck at home for weeks on end. It makes me sad :/ Be safe, and I hope you all stay okay.
Canadian here. Some american states are on lock-down. Meaning all non-essential businesses, like fast food locations, delivery, movie theatres, some banks, and other stores that don't fall into 1 of 3 categories of grocery stores, government business, and emergency transponders, are closed indefinitely until lock-down is lifted.

Lots of places in Canada at the moment are running on reduced hours of availability, or following the same situation as america. Unemployment has struck North America massively due to this virus, and multiple government heads are requesting that people stay inside.

summed up tl;dr.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
butts.



- Tosh 2014





Last edited by gold stinger; 04-2-2020 at 02:32 AM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2020, 04:20 AM   #191
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!
 
Arntonach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The coldest place in hell
Age: 30
Posts: 2,469
Default Re: Coronavirus

Arizona's messed up right now. There's a stay-at-home order, but the list of essential businesses is far too huge. Notably, salons are still open as essential. One city tried to shut them down but the governor stepped in and told them no.

Arizona has far to many senor citizens to be doing this shit.
__________________

Now released!

Prof. Raine's Originals
Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 03:52 AM   #192
cookerrr
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Age: 27
Posts: 4
Default Re: Coronavirus

When will this pandemic end? Do you have any predictions?
cookerrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 07:11 AM   #193
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
gold stinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 25
Posts: 5,399
Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: Coronavirus

It's gonna be at least a few months from now. Conventions & gatherings in May/June/July have all for the most part, been cancelled or pushed back internationally.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
butts.



- Tosh 2014




gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 08:59 AM   #194
Shadow_God_10
Lewdy Shadomar God
FFR Veteran
 
Shadow_God_10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 27
Posts: 1,649
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10
Default Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookerrr View Post
When will this pandemic end? Do you have any predictions?
Mmm... I want to say MAYBE late September earliest on the grounds that people are intelligent and heed the warnings of medical professionals. This is my foolish optimism though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antori View Post
i can't vote shadow god because his profile picture gives me motivation to check on the thread regularly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
i'd contribute but i haven't taken a picture of myself in a while
Shadow_God_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 04:40 PM   #195
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
gold stinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 25
Posts: 5,399
Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: Coronavirus

For my Canadian bros out there, if you've lost your job outside of quitting on your own terms (Meaning, you lose your job because of hours, not enough work available, business shut down, quarantine, inability to get to work, virus, or even suspicion of it), APPLY FOR THE EMERGENCY CERB RESPONSE.

They're paying $500 per week, for 4 weeks, per application. Applicable up to 4 times (or 16 weeks). If you've ever done taxes in Canada, you can apply directly through your CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) "My Account" without having to fill in any details other than your mailing address. If you haven't done taxes, you can apply for it through Employment Insurance. Don't need RoE's to get it sent out to you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
butts.



- Tosh 2014





Last edited by gold stinger; 04-10-2020 at 04:42 PM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 05:15 PM   #196
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran
 
Funnygurl555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 23
Posts: 2,134
Default Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeShinoda12345 View Post
Haven't been here since 2019, missed a lot of this thread until now

Things in Taiwan are actually really okay. We were sitting at ~50 cases nationwide for a long time but when the virus hit Europe and North America we had a lot of Taiwanese flying back home and bringing the virus with them - now we're at 300+ and having about 15 new cases a day. We all have masks and a culture of using them (they were really helpful when Taiwan was hit by SARS years ago), and while some of us are now working at home, a lot of us haven't changed much except for more handwashing and mask-wearing. Schools are still in session. I still go out every single day. The gym is open, restaurants are all open, there are limits on purchasing alcohol and facemasks to prevent hoarding but things are still really cheap and accessible (we can buy about eight facemasks for $1 USD).

But I did university in North America and have friends there, and I've been reading reddit and other places where Americans and Canadians are talking about what's going on for you guys. Most people in Taiwan think that we have it pretty bad already, and flat out reject the idea that Americans and Europeans are living in more fear than we are, but also almost no one in Taiwan personally knows anyone who's gotten covid 19 at all. I don't know. I'm kind of rambling, and I don't know what it's like for you guys either. But I have friends in North America that are sick or who have sick family and even the healthy people are stuck at home for weeks on end. It makes me sad :/ Be safe, and I hope you all stay okay.
good to see you again man

the us is reaching "shit hitting the fan" time. glad to hear taiwan's doing okay, or that anywhere's doing okay.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
is funny eaman?
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)


Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Heh never underestimate the power of free time
boredom
wanting to get to know you all
true love
a sense of community
blackmail
weekend warriors
my desire to know everyone's dirty lil secrets


our mutual desire to be funny bois and gurls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
There comes a point where we have to ask our selves, "do we really want to deal with that, desperate as we are?"

I think we can all agree on the answer, yeah?
Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 08:12 PM   #197
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!
 
Arntonach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The coldest place in hell
Age: 30
Posts: 2,469
Default Re: Coronavirus

We're running out of PPE at work and already reusing shit AND we're going to start to take in overflow from other hospitals nearby. Can't wait to see what kind of shit we'll be dealing with next week. 🎉
__________________

Now released!

Prof. Raine's Originals
Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 11:08 AM   #198
qrrbrbirbel
FFR Veteran
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
qrrbrbirbel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Michigan
Age: 31
Posts: 376
Default Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
Narrator: They did not.
you going melee or long-range for when they release the pvp update?
__________________


Best AAAs:
CHOPRITE!!!! Cloud Nine, Reminders, Captain Murasas Ass Anchor, Ascii Art Core

Best Non AAAs:
Flounder (4-0-0-0) Full Mast (1-0-0-0)
Rottel-da-Station (1-0-0-0) Final Fantasy Last Battle Festival (11-0-0-0)



Mason - I play brutal and just hit random buttons
Goldstinger - Eat suck thankings lol
Squid Bits - booty isnt my only poor decision
Goldsting - no i'm not stepping rain / bro i'm not that trash
qrrbrbirbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 06:26 PM   #199
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
aperson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Houston
Posts: 3,291
Send a message via AIM to aperson
Default Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrrbrbirbel View Post
you going melee or long-range for when they release the pvp update?
melee range is bad social distancing
__________________
aperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 09:35 AM   #200
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Batch Search Engine Developer
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
DossarLX ODI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 26
Posts: 14,576
Default Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
melee range is bad social distancing
"Getting up close and personal can be hazardous to your health!"

For Massachusetts, it looks like Salem now has a mandatory order for masks (or scarves/cloth face covering) for essential services stores and restaurants. Other people should see if their state will be issuing a similar order in the near future.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution