Old 09-5-2018, 05:58 AM   #1
A2P
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to A2P
Default Ego = Not Cool = 2 week ban

This ban basically proves that the rules announcement has no merit, and that mods here can and will ban you for any reason, even if it extends beyond this server

Yeah I fucked up last year. To sum my sins,

>Cried over a forum user that died years back

>assembled a DM brigade against someone who I believed was stalking me for years (spoilers: wrong person!!! whoops)

>sent a whole bunch of cringy/infuriatingDMs to several users, for example, sending real cringy pics of how happy I was that I was banned (details in next point) taking off my dental implants in an attempt to convey that I'm pathetic

>tried to extort my way to FFR modship by blackmailing 2 members because I believed that they were gonna find a way to leak nudes of myself (if they want to identify themselves, that's on them)

>not keeping my word of my proposed redemption to said members, one of which involving serious financial compensation

Now that I got that out of the way, I find it sad that someone's criticism alone is enough to ostracize someone who's contributed to a community - so much so that they have helped build the Stepmania community from the core.

Ultimately, FFR can and will be run in any way the staff wants to operate it. It's just a sad state of affairs to watch this forum devolve into a discourse thunderdome that aims to snipe users for WrongThink.

I'll probably be banned for this post, but at this point, Brag Board is all I care about. This site is dead to me.

Last edited by A2P; 09-5-2018 at 05:59 AM..
Old 09-5-2018, 07:01 AM   #2
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Ego = Not Cool = 2 week ban

yea but stepmania, bitch
Old 09-5-2018, 07:40 AM   #3
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Oh, is this the context with the blind thread in General?

I didn't realize he was permabanned.

Also, he stirs up arguments for the sake of arguing from what I've seen. Not that it's a bad thing arguing in the first place, but from recent debates he only does so to go "look how good I am at citing sources and calling you an IDIOT BAKA" [citation needed].

I don't know how him personally and probably never will since he doesn't bounce with me with his personality. I'm sure he's a great guy when he's not trying to debate with online goers like you, me, and everyone else. I think his ban was... questionable I guess in this context. Maybe it should be a slap on the wrist, or a hard slap and stating "stop causing a gosh darn scene you idiot poopface!" because we're not a place to debate super hardcore about what's right or wrong about whatever topic it is (Or really delving in anything that could become political or religious). We're here to relax, shitpost sometimes, make real posts other times, and maybe on the rare occassion even use this site what it's purpose was (or close to it anyways, lol FFR, I <3 you).

What I'm trying to say is, Arch0wl needed a slap, but not a permaslap I guess.

Am I making sense? It's morning and I'm sprouting words on a keyboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

Last edited by Charu; 09-5-2018 at 07:53 AM..
Old 09-5-2018, 09:32 AM   #4
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Oh, is this the context with the blind thread in General?

I didn't realize he was permabanned.

Also, he stirs up arguments for the sake of arguing from what I've seen. Not that it's a bad thing arguing in the first place, but from recent debates he only does so to go "look how good I am at citing sources and calling you an IDIOT BAKA" [citation needed].

I don't know how him personally and probably never will since he doesn't bounce with me with his personality. I'm sure he's a great guy when he's not trying to debate with online goers like you, me, and everyone else. I think his ban was... questionable I guess in this context. Maybe it should be a slap on the wrist, or a hard slap and stating "stop causing a gosh darn scene you idiot poopface!" because we're not a place to debate super hardcore about what's right or wrong about whatever topic it is (Or really delving in anything that could become political or religious). We're here to relax, shitpost sometimes, make real posts other times, and maybe on the rare occassion even use this site what it's purpose was (or close to it anyways, lol FFR, I <3 you).

What I'm trying to say is, Arch0wl needed a slap, but not a permaslap I guess.

Am I making sense? It's morning and I'm sprouting words on a keyboard.
i guess contextually, arch has gotten like, 20-ish slaps in the past and doesn't seem to care about any of them, and apparantly also admitted to ban evading in the video (i didn't watch it so i can't say for sure)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 09-5-2018, 09:34 AM   #5
the sun fan
FFR Player

don't have too much time to say this but
the reason Arch was not given a slap on the wrist is because he has been permabanned multiple times, and I'd wager that even if you ignore the cleared infractions from pre2014, that his record is still quite dirty. He has been given slaps on the wrist before, and many not-so-gentle slaps on the wrist.

Since there appears to be some confusion about the reason; he was banned for moderator harassment and no other rulebreaking is being punished here as far as I am aware. I understand that this is not a permabannable offense on the stated rules, but it is the stated reason.

He is absolutely getting the book thrown at him here for his previous record. There is no doubt in my mind that he wouldn't be permabanned if he had made that video, if not for his previous history.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
(i didn't watch it so i can't say for sure)
He did not admit to ban evading in the video.

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

Last edited by the sun fan; 09-5-2018 at 01:14 PM..
Old 09-5-2018, 11:56 AM   #6
emulord
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

His shitposting is legendary, why get mad about it??
Old 09-5-2018, 02:24 PM   #7
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

The particular incident that resulted in "Something needs to be done" was his repeated harassment of mellonxcollie on official site channels. He keeps leaving that part out, which should maybe make you wonder how much of the rest of his version is correct.

The reason what got done was a permaban instead of what would probably have been a 60 day ban under the "rules as stated" is the proud and noble history of doing this over and over again, and eating bans again and again, and always trying to argue his way out of the bans, coming back and not changing the behaviors in even the smallest way.

If you want the direct rules justification, here it is:

Offenses Not Tied Directly to Infractions (The type and level of infraction for these offenses will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis as they are more types of thing than actual offenses themselves): Bait staff through the exploiting of loopholes in the rules. (If you think it is clever to do a bunch of things common sense tells you that you shouldn't, just because no rule says you can't, that is itself actionable. This is basically official notice that sticking your hand in our face and saying 'not touching you! not touching you!' is not going to end the way you want it to.)

And the conception, from several staff who've been around long enough to have experienced at least -most- of it, he has been sticking his hand in our collective face for YEARS, and the math on any benefits of keeping him around even after a couple month ban versus the costs of his presence on the site was not in favour of keeping him around. So he's not.

Edit: More, and the last on this:

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...8&postcount=40

Last edited by devonin; 09-5-2018 at 03:25 PM..
Closed Thread