Old 07-18-2019, 07:48 PM   #5481
Not devonin
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
It seems like a cool mechanic for ShadowGod where he could bait the wolf roleblock to punish them. I can see it happening as a mechanic.
Just wondering then why he'd go to such great lengths to point out that he has no powers and can't do anything until he's visited? You'd think if he needed to bait out the roleblocker, he'd either -have- a power or fake one to get targeted.
Old 07-18-2019, 07:50 PM   #5482
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not devonin View Post
Just wondering then why he'd go to such great lengths to point out that he has no powers and can't do anything until he's visited? You'd think if he needed to bait out the roleblocker, he'd either -have- a power or fake one to get targeted.
It's his 2nd game, it's probably not a thought that occurred to him. No offense, shadowgod, but I think that's what you were supposed to do
Old 07-18-2019, 07:51 PM   #5483
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
Thanks Xel for viewing the thread and leaving
ShadowGod, you too

MY ACTUAL ROLE IS CHOPPED LIVER, I SWEAR
any tem bruh
Old 07-18-2019, 07:51 PM   #5484
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

I really feel it's within dev/haku/Xel

I need to get some big brain action going on
Old 07-18-2019, 07:52 PM   #5485
Not devonin
FFR Player

Quote:
Hey dev, does your power involve tape at all? If so, I know your character
As far as I know it does not involve 'tape' no? The implication is that I actually physically like, go stake out and watch somebody.
Old 07-18-2019, 07:54 PM   #5486
Svaz
quite clever

Quote:
It seems like a cool mechanic for ShadowGod where he could bait the wolf roleblock to punish them. I can see it happening as a mechanic.
Hmm, I actually really like this take. I hadn't considered that -- just was thinking that the likeliest pairing was w/3p over anything else. I think that explains the contextless [REDACTED] at the end of Cocoa's post better than any other place it could possibly fit, yeah.

I believe you when you say your actual role is chopped liver, I kinda feel like that about mine too, sending messages kinda generates more problems than it solves outside of confirming itself through its usage, and the distribution of the role PM also just ended up working against me until I fully understood it.
Old 07-18-2019, 07:55 PM   #5487
Not devonin
FFR Player

Quote:

Well I'm easy. If somebody other than me dies tonight, I'm a wolf. I outed a role that actually just -gets told who the wolf is outright- so the only way I live is if I get guarded, or the wolf wants to do some huge brain move thinking they can out-predict who I'm going to target and get a kill in while framing me.

If anybody's got like, a single use guard or anything kicking around, please consider using it on me. I'll do my best to figure out who they'd target besides me and target accordingly.
Old 07-18-2019, 07:55 PM   #5488
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Your character's initials are EF
Old 07-18-2019, 08:00 PM   #5489
Svaz
quite clever

Quote:

I personally don't think it's Xel at this time; I generally trust the early character claim and power layout, which is why I sent him the PM and a message today.

Between the other two, well, I've had something bothering me about Hakulyte, which I addressed last dayphase, albeit briefly.

I want to clarify my rationale for not character claiming in thread and just to XelNya in today's message:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
1. I'm just assuming it could be the case.
2. Namekilling would be like a night action that you sent to Xiz. It would be like: "Svaz is Violet Evergarden" then Xiz check if it's true and if that's the case; she dies and wolves -still- have their night kill.
This post sketched me out earlier as the bolded struck me as a namekill attempt, which I've been terrified of since the beginning!

Violet Evergarden centers around a former soldier reintegrating into civilian life through ghost writing letters for those that need help or are illiterate in order to better understand human emotion; it fits with the message sending mechanic.

(I should say now, the terminology of my role doesn't specifically refer to "messages" although it functionally works that way, but it seemed safer with the above suspicion to let that thought continue)

It seemed safer to keep it somewhat concealed as I've revealed all else involved. I don't necessarily think Haku isn't town for it though; Haku has suspected me numerous times throughout the game, after all.

Killing abilities aren't explicitly anti-town though; Wayward used his to kill Dafty in the night and helped town out immensely as they would have otherwise been green-checked through that point.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:04 PM   #5490
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

What do people think about Haku leaving thread without a vote? I'm having a hard time deciding where to gauge it

Haku stated multiple times that they did not know my night action history even though I posted it a zillion times
Seems like a pretty big detail for haku to gloss over, but at the same time, I split hairs cracking Soundwave for saying green and town, so I'm questioning this feeling since they seem slightly equal

I think leaving without a vote is definitely the weirder, more head-turny part
Old 07-18-2019, 08:07 PM   #5491
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

I like your take, Svaz, but I really feel like namekilling being on would have decimated gold stinger before you, Svaz. He full on claimed shield hero and that he had a protective role. Pretty sure storn just stabs him there to avoid night protection fuckery
Old 07-18-2019, 08:08 PM   #5492
the sun fan
FFR Player

hello, I will be taking over for Xiz this EOD

I will be posting votecounts as soon as I can

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:09 PM   #5493
Not devonin
FFR Player

Quote:
I'm nervous to respond because I feel like you are reading me town based on this assumption of who I am, and saying you've got it wrong could be bad for me, but you've got it wrong. My character's initials are RK
Old 07-18-2019, 08:09 PM   #5494
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

I didn't word that the way I wanted to, but I think you can get what I mean

FFA's big reads post (THE WALL) had a read on Haku that was literally "I trust Haku completely"
Old 07-18-2019, 08:10 PM   #5495
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I'm nervous to respond because I feel like you are reading me town based on this assumption of who I am, and saying you've got it wrong could be bad for me, but you've got it wrong. My character's initials are RK
Dangit
Backpack wasn't predictable

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity lmao
Old 07-18-2019, 08:11 PM   #5496
Svaz
quite clever

Quote:
What do people think about Haku leaving thread without a vote? I'm having a hard time deciding where to gauge it
Haku did express concern earlier this dayphase about the remaining wolf exploiting suspicion on Shadowgod here, for what that's worth:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
If you're town, I can see a wolf convince everyone else that you're a wolf and then gg rip.
Quote:
On that note, do you feel one way or the other about this character being an antagonist in most of the content they appear in?
Old 07-18-2019, 08:13 PM   #5497
Not devonin
FFR Player

Quote:
I didn't word that the way I wanted to, but I think you can get what I mean

FFA's big reads post (THE WALL) had a read on Haku that was literally "I trust Haku completely"
On that subject, I still think about the fact that when the idea was raised that the wolf team was all lost wolves and it was said "How could there be all lost wolves, how would that even work" Haku was extremely quick to drop a link to a game from like, 2016 that had all lost wolves, and the thing that struck me the most about the game he had so readily to hand, was that it contained a wolf fruit vendor, which up until then everybody in the thread had been saying that fruit vendor was a town role, and I sort of wonder if he had that thread in his mind because he was reading it for play tips.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:13 PM   #5498
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
Haku did express concern earlier this dayphase about the remaining wolf exploiting suspicion on Shadowgod here, for what that's worth:

On that note, do you feel one way or the other about this character being an antagonist in most of the content they appear in?
EF is the detective
And she's badass

Also, once again, given the fact Miku and a character from Gumball were wolves, I don't think their status in the show is indicative of anything
Old 07-18-2019, 08:13 PM   #5499
Svaz
quite clever

Quote:
I like your take, Svaz, but I really feel like namekilling being on would have decimated gold stinger before you, Svaz. He full on claimed shield hero and that he had a protective role. Pretty sure storn just stabs him there to avoid night protection fuckery
Alright, but here is where I tinfoil even harder. What if, like how I had to select Dafty.Pixel to distribute deets on at the beginning, a namekiller had to select their target at the beginning too, and could only namekill a specific target? I know, this is pretty wacky, but that's... how I rationalized that post, lmao
Old 07-18-2019, 08:15 PM   #5500
Svaz
quite clever

Quote:
On that subject, I still think about the fact that when the idea was raised that the wolf team was all lost wolves and it was said "How could there be all lost wolves, how would that even work" Haku was extremely quick to drop a link to a game from like, 2016 that had all lost wolves, and the thing that struck me the most about the game he had so readily to hand, was that it contained a wolf fruit vendor, which up until then everybody in the thread had been saying that fruit vendor was a town role, and I sort of wonder if he had that thread in his mind because he was reading it for play tips.
holy shit, what

how did I miss that

do you happen to have the link handy?