Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 12:17 PM   #61
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction
Default Re: TWG C: ANONYTWiG postgame

playing a seer requires you to make judgment calls every time you seer a red. The info kind of has to go out - that's the priority. What I think you didn't do was force 12 to tell the thread. Had you established yourself as a power player and twisted 12's arm to reveal your info you might have caught him hesitating. Maybe not. Either way, the priority is to get info out. The info never went out. It doesn't matter if the person you're talking to is red because if he hesitates you may as well come out yourself and say something like 'hey guys I seered 7 red and I told 12 and 12 suggested I keep this under wraps instead of telling you guys so just kill both.'

At that point you might actually stay alive in order to reduce suspicion on 12 - why kill the seer if it confirms that 12 is red? Chances are you would have died anyway because you're the seer but still - that's half the team in one seering.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #62
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

but yeah revealing your username wasn't all that great - in fact I was surprised. Only wolves want usernames. Humans shouldn't care about usernames. But they do. Mostly because it helps figure people out - manti's motivations are different from V's motivations. So it certainly helps to know who is who.. but wolves are the only ones, I think, willing to reveal usernames because humans shouldn't be this trigger happy. But man it's great to kill people when you figure them out. Conversely one might argue that wolves are best of not revealing at all because it helps them hide in public with the humans. Wolves always have the upperhand because they can choose who to wolf and who to guess.

I think there's an interesting dynamic here. As if revealing yourself is an act of trust, a way to form alliances. Coincidentally this is the first thing wolves do.. but only to know what players aren't human. If name guessing wasn't present I don't think player identities would matter to anyone

Last edited by FictionJunction; 09-24-2013 at 12:23 PM..
Old 09-24-2013, 02:35 PM   #63
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

very insightful, thank ya.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #64
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

13 says the words "intent to hammer"

13 is not V.

I was suprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #65
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

Actually I knew about 7 seering red too and just totally forgot lol whoops

I need to think about things more

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
Old 09-25-2013, 11:20 PM   #66
freakysnots
八一
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
13 says the words "intent to hammer"

13 is not V.

I was suprised.
its the avatar dude.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:21 PM   #67
freakysnots
八一
FFR Veteran

also i stepped in and had no idea whats going on. saw that manti had 1.1 phantoms and realized we won without doing anything.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:41 PM   #68
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rodd123 View Post
lol wtf tps never woulda guessed, lol wolves

love how I voted 3 wolves day 1 and after making a big case against 12, no one supported that in thread or on aim. and then 12 told me who they were so I wanted to keep them around, although I told 2 people-pretty sure it was 8 and someone else that if I die and 12 stays around to kill 12 lol.

the game was kind of ruined by inactivity though like my internet died before end of phase and I couldn't make it back on time, why the fk did people leave their votes on me? we prolly coulda nailed 12 too then because 9 was the seer and came out to 12, then 12 told me and I talked to 9 and after pressuring them figured it was the truth. 9 also seered 7 red, which is the reason for the votes there, and 12 didn't vote 7 which raised flags to me, then had to go for a bit so I was like okay.........12 was saying they didn't believe 9, but when no one counterclaimed or anything, it was easy to trust, and inactivity literally opened this game up like a festering wound.

I mean day 1 of last game had substantially more posts than this entire game lmao, thanks fiction was fun still I guess. also sorry for killing you netjet, I figured the whole trying so hard to imitate someone was wolfy, which is why I made the whole case on 12, then he came out so I left him off the table and YOLO'd it, my bad.
Analysis like this is why I'm scared to try this game.

HOW THE HELL CAN YOU TELL
Old 09-26-2013, 12:10 AM   #69
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

you just...think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:46 AM   #70
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotrhythm View Post

don't be scared. It's a hell lot of fun.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:46 AM   #71
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotrhythm View Post

TWG isn't hard. You apply the same concepts you would when you talk to your friends IRL within a very specific context - the rules of the game.

So your girlfriend cheated on you and some of your friends know but you don't know. You start feeling your girlfriend is acting weird but you can't pinpoint what is making the whole situation awkward. You investigate. Then you feel more uncomfortable because she knows you're asking around. And then bam, you find out and you get your friends and hang her. And then you hang your friends, too, for being dicks.

The difference between that and TWG is that nobody is your friend and nobody is your girlfriend and nobody is trustworthy. So you find out what people's intentions are by reading what they say, when they say it, how they say it.

You do this everyday.

Last edited by FictionJunction; 09-26-2013 at 10:48 AM..
Old 09-26-2013, 12:09 PM   #72
pokelda
⁽ ´ཀ`⁾

Send a message via AIM to pokelda Send a message via MSN to pokelda Send a message via Yahoo to pokelda

In the end, it's also a game of chance. All that analysis might help tilt the odds slightly in your favor but people tend to over think things. Really, just use common sense when deciding your vote. And even if you are unsure of what to do, using gut feeling is a legitimate tactic. Nobody is right 100% of the time.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:58 AM   #73
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Archived 5-22-2014 11:58 AM EST

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Closed Thread