Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2009, 08:54 AM   #1
Sprite-
HAVE ME WITH VODKA
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Sprite's Avmiss Tournament - Round 4

Are you one of the many people who enjoyed the "glitch" we all once knew as Average Misses? If so, this is the tournament for you.

Tournament Rules and Overview:

In this tournament, players will compete using the old-fashioned FFR engine, before the average miss glitch was fixed. This version of FFR is located at this link. All players MUST use this link at all times for each round's song. I will know if you used a different link or a different version of FFR. That being said, you MUST save a replay of the score you are submitting so that I can watch it. This will solidify proof that you used the correct version of FFR.

There will be ONE division in this tournament. There will also be a qualifying round that you must pass through in order to participate in Round 1.

General rules:

Sign-ups for this tournament will be done a bit differently than usual. Instead of posting "In" in this thread, you must post a screenshot of the qualifier showing that you succeeded in getting the required score for the qualifying round song. If you did, in fact, pass the qualifying round song, I will add you to the list of players to participate in Round 1.

When the first round of the tournament starts and with each new round after that, I will announce the main song. Your goal is to get and submit a higher score on the main song than your opponents.

-Rounds will generally be 3 days long each, unless otherwise noted.

-When you think you have a score you want to submit, take a screenshot of it and post it in this thread. If you don't know how to take a screenshot, follow these steps:
1. Press the Print Screen button on your keyboard.(For Mac users it is Command+Shift+3. For all who don't know, Command is the apple button.)
2. Go into Paint (Start>Programs>Accessories) or another imaging program and hit Ctrl-V, which should make the screenshot pop up on the screen.
3. Save the screenshot somewhere in your computer.
4. Go to an image hosting site, such as www.photobucket.com or www.imageshack.net and upload the screenshot from your computer.
5. Post a link to the screenshot in this thread.

-You can submit any number of screenshots. I will only count your last one. Do not submit any scores that are lower than previously submitted scores, or you will be credited with the lower score.

-Your screenshots must be from some time after the round starts. This means that you cannot submit a screenshot of a score you got months ago, or even the day before that round starts. If you are caught submitting an old screenshot (and you WILL be caught if you try) you will be immediately disqualified.

- If there is a tie between players over the elimination line, all those with the tie score who are on the elimination number will have to play the tie breaker song. You will have an extra 24 hours past the end of the round to submit your score on the tie breaker. Tie-breakers will be different in that they won't be based on who gets the highest score necessarily, but rather, I will give a goal to achieve and the closest ones to that goal will proceed to the next round.

-If you do not submit a score by the end of the round, you will be considered to have gotten a score of negative infinity on the song. If multiple players tie with negative infinity points, random.org will be used to determine who moves on.

-Don't bother trying to cheat, you'll be caught and immediately disqualified. Cheating will not be tolerated, and any evidence of cheating will result in disqualification. Also note that trying to piss me off by trying to bend the rules or trying to find loopholes will get you disqualified.

-The time at which the round ends will be posted when that round is posted. After that time, the round is over and no more scores will be accepted.

Good luck and have FUN!