Old 06-21-2018, 12:52 AM   #481
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Misc. progress thread

It's been about 4 months since I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and since I changed how I lived my life. I'm down from 345 to 280 pounds. I've ran 3 5ks and will continue to run them every time I run from now on. I've gotten stronger now than I ever have been and hope to get stronger still.

I don't feel like I've changed much since I started but I know that's a mental thing that I'll struggle with and I'll keep at it. My goal weight right now is 240 and I want to eventually run a half marathon.

This is my progress so far as far as lifts go. I've only been weight training since the 26th of April.

Deadlift: beginning -3 sets of 5 @ 100 current - 1 set of 3 @ 290

Bench press: beginning - 3 sets of 5 @ 70 current - 3 sets of 5 @ 120 (I've never been able to bench a lot before and this is the most I've been able to do. This is improvement I'm most proud of)

Squat: beginning - 3 sets of 5 @ 50 current - 1 sets of 5 @ 160 (I couldnt even make it to parallel when I started rofl now I can though)

I may not be as strong as you guys but I'll get there!

Last edited by Wayward Vagabond; 07-1-2018 at 11:37 PM..
Wayward Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 10:50 AM   #482
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

You should make a thread buddy to keep track of your progress. It'd be cool for me to follow your progress.
AND watch anime.

Last edited by Mahou; 06-24-2018 at 10:50 AM..
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 08:04 PM   #483
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Yeah that's something I could def do. Would be cool to keep track of my progress online too instead of just on my apps
Old 06-30-2018, 02:12 PM   #484
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

I'll probably be making my progress thread on Monday but I just want to post about how frustrating it is what I've made huge improvements on my lifts from when I started until now but I still can't do a pushup lmao.
Old 07-7-2018, 01:49 PM   #485
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Calisthenics differ from weight lifting.

I’ve always been able to do around 50 push-ups. Even with all the strength progress I’ve made, that number has not changed. I would have to practice pushups regularly to increase the amount I could do.
AND watch anime.
Old 06-30-2020, 02:02 AM   #486
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf

Dropped 20lbs of muscle over roughly 2 years of school's crippling income vacuum. I'm working in my career field now and moving toward the idea of creating a home gym, as this pandemic has made going to a public gym not really an option.

Will report back with what I end up doing and hopefully more progress. I'm not particularly worried about putting the muscle back on now that I have the money to afford the food I need, but it's definitely going to be a bummer going back into the gym a lot weaker than I once was.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:28 PM   #487
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCWolf View Post
Dropped 20lbs of muscle over roughly 2 years of school's crippling income vacuum. I'm working in my career field now and moving toward the idea of creating a home gym, as this pandemic has made going to a public gym not really an option.

Will report back with what I end up doing and hopefully more progress. I'm not particularly worried about putting the muscle back on now that I have the money to afford the food I need, but it's definitely going to be a bummer going back into the gym a lot weaker than I once was.
It’s great to see you’re back. 20lb muscle loss is huge but I know you’ll get yourself back to where you were. What kind of career field are you in?
AND watch anime.
Old 07-3-2020, 01:20 PM   #488
Shouka
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

2017 was probably my peak year in terms of numbers and it has all been down hill since then. I started a slow cut at the beginning of 2018 and lost about 15lbs by mid-April 2018 while maintaining most of my strength. As I was bulking back up I had a really bad case of mono starting around Memorial day weekend that lasted about a month and I was unable to eat more than about 500 calories/day for a period of about 2 weeks resulting in a rapid weight loss of ~8-10lbs. After stepping into a weight room after recovery my numbers were absolute shit (squatting and bench 135 lbs for reps was not easy). The numbers did go up over the next few months but I'd be forced to take another break around Thanksgiving because of a second back injury caused by deadlifting. At this point I kind of lost interest in lifting partly because of the injury and also because I was preparing to move to California. I didn't start lifting again regularly until April 2019. Around this time I also decided to start training in Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I was more focused on the martial arts than lifting but still lifted once or twice a week. At the beginning of November 2019 I injured my shoulder during a bjj practice and stopped doing any type of martial arts or strength training for the most part. I tried going to a few bjj practices in January, but it just made my shoulder worse. I did start doing light strength training at the gym shortly before covid-19 blew up but haven't been to a gym since shelter in place started.

Now I just feel like I'm a shadow of my former self and think I'm fatter than I was at the start of shelter in place despite losing weight. Even now, my shoulder and back have not completely healed and when I look at old pictures and videos of myself it's starting to feel like the person I see is someone else. Before, I would just see myself. Now I see someone who looks quite different.
Old 12-3-2020, 05:06 PM   #489
katanaeyegaming
#FearTheWyvern
FFR Veteran

This thread really makes me wanna start lifting again.

That and running tho asthma really fucked me over on that one.
katanaeyegaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 11:31 AM   #490
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

This thread has definitely ran its course, but I still have been staying active and have kept lifting despite the hurdles that I've had to face over the past few years.

I'm currently weighing about 220-225 lbs at the moment. Took a small hiatus after I got married and had my honeymoon. No more crazy bulks and I still have devoted most of my time to being a natural lifter. The main focus is really just to become more conditioned and become more of an athlete than just a regular gym bro. Looking back at my previous post just makes me somewhat happy to see that I've really come such a far way.

So far, here is some of my best numbers as of today. I have not maxed out in about 2-3 months simply because I'm putting more emphasis on my bench since it is the weakest lift I currently have.

Best flat bench - 340.
Best Squat - 435 (I haven't tried maxing out in years to be honest)
Best dead lift is 525 (conventional)
Best OHP - 225. 185 for 7.
Best Incline - 295 (could probably beat this, but meh)
Best Decline 355 (haven't done decline in a long time)

At the moment still doing strength training, but I'm definitely trying new things because the weight room does start to get a bit boring after 5 years or so. Been biking a lot more and did more sprints/sled pulls to work on explosion.
AND watch anime.

Last edited by Mahou; 08-18-2022 at 11:32 AM..
Old 08-18-2022, 11:36 AM   #491
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

https://youtube.com/shorts/8oPS7NP7Tl0?feature=share

Here is a vid that I have from a good bench session. 315 3x3. Only captured one of those sets.
AND watch anime.
Old 08-24-2022, 10:28 PM   #492
kaiten123
FFR Player

I started lifting a few months ago in May. Its pretty fun, I really wish I started earlier.
best lifts so far:
Here is me (almost) deadlifting 545 today, which would be a 40lb pr
squat: 420 but depth might have been questionable
Bench: 315 touch'n go, 300 paused
OHP: 185
kaiten123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 09:07 AM   #493
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiten123 View Post
I started lifting a few months ago in May. Its pretty fun, I really wish I started earlier.
best lifts so far:
Here is me (almost) deadlifting 545 today, which would be a 40lb pr
squat: 420 but depth might have been questionable
Bench: 315 touch'n go, 300 paused
OHP: 185
How long have you been lifting because these numbers are pretty impressive. 545 deadlift p strong
AND watch anime.
Old 08-25-2022, 09:38 AM   #494
kaiten123
FFR Player

I started seriously Lifting weights on May 9th so its been about 3.6 months.
I was casually doing bodyweight stuff (pushups, pullups, dips) throughout 2020, but got bored and quit. Then I started rock climbing in February this year, and they have a bench setup at the rock climbing gym I go to. Around mid-March I decided to test my max bench occasionally. It was pretty fun and I was good at it so in May I decided to actually start strength training (mostly powerlifting stuff). Before this year, the last time I touched a barbell was in middle school gym class. I was able to deadlift 415 on my first day so that's +130.
Old 08-25-2022, 10:21 AM   #495
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I started seriously Lifting weights on May 9th so its been about 3.6 months.
I was casually doing bodyweight stuff (pushups, pullups, dips) throughout 2020, but got bored and quit. Then I started rock climbing in February this year, and they have a bench setup at the rock climbing gym I go to. Around mid-March I decided to test my max bench occasionally. It was pretty fun and I was good at it so in May I decided to actually start strength training (mostly powerlifting stuff). Before this year, the last time I touched a barbell was in middle school gym class. I was able to deadlift 415 on my first day so that's +130.
3.6 months and you're already doing numbers that take people years or even never are able to achieve. This is amazing. Since you're naturally strong I'm curious to see what a few years of powerlifting can make you do!
AND watch anime.
Old 10-17-2022, 03:43 AM   #496
kaiten123
FFR Player

Nearly 2 months since my previous post. The newbie gains are slowing down a bit but still good progress.
My current prs:
squat: 455 with better depth than before. My biggest improvement and it didn't even feel maximal.
bench: 330 touch'n'go, 315 paused. Bench felt like it wasn't going up for a bit so quite happy.
deadlift: Still 545 but I actually locked it out. Deadlift seems to be the most affected by the fatigue of always lifting heavy. Pretty sure I could do more if I could chill out and not try to max out every time.
Old 10-18-2022, 03:52 PM   #497
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Nearly 2 months since my previous post. The newbie gains are slowing down a bit but still good progress.
My current prs:
squat: 455 with better depth than before. My biggest improvement and it didn't even feel maximal.
bench: 330 touch'n'go, 315 paused. Bench felt like it wasn't going up for a bit so quite happy.
deadlift: Still 545 but I actually locked it out. Deadlift seems to be the most affected by the fatigue of always lifting heavy. Pretty sure I could do more if I could chill out and not try to max out every time.
Very nice numbers. I think you're a taller person so it's normal to have a very good DL and have a slow progressing bench. You seem like a bigger dude, so I'm curious to see if you can hit the 500 lb squat club..

Only thing I recently did was get a 355 bench touch and go. This one was a struggle to get, but it allowed me to get 315 for a good 5 reps when I was finished.
AND watch anime.
Old 03-24-2023, 08:58 PM   #498
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf

Physique update @ around 160lbs

Strength numbers have been great. Happy with how things have been since lockdown has been less strict. Right now I'm focusing mostly on intuitive eating and seeing how much I can cut down with my only cardio being ITG for fun.

Last edited by SCWolf; 03-24-2023 at 09:07 PM..
SCWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 03:24 PM   #499
Plics
FFR Player

for 2 months of training, I threw off 11 kilograms,
Now I'm getting ready to run my first ever marathon.
Plics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 01:28 AM   #500
kmay
Don't forget me
FFR Veteran

damn thats awesome!! good luck!

and SCWolf lovely as always