Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2017, 12:00 AM   #81
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10
Default Re: Project 0 (Name change pending) [Submissions Open; Deadline: April 30th]

Okay guys so I talked to James and he agreed to let me temporarily head the judging of files until further notice. Send all submissions for this pack to me via PM (please include Project 0 in the subject so I can relay all notes to him when he gets a new laptop or something)

Let's see what you got guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Shadow_God_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:52 AM   #82
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Project 0 (Name change pending) [Submissions Open; Deadline: April 30th]

I may be interested...
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 12:35 PM   #83
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
I may be interested...
If you finish something pm it to me and I'll take a look at it.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Old 04-28-2017, 08:23 AM   #84
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Bump. You guys have two days (unless James says otherwise) to finish up your files and submit them to me via PM. If you've sent them to the email just send me an upload via mediafire or something and I'll review it. James will look at at my notes and see what needs finalizing.

GET TO WORK LADIES AND GENTS
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Old 04-28-2017, 08:35 AM   #85
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

I'll get on the gfx once I finish up my pack. I'll send something too, don't worry. It won't be fixes for The Silencer, but it'll be nice.
Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 01:58 PM   #86
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

PM me the chart fixes and I'll take a look and fire off the notes to James!
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Old 04-28-2017, 08:27 PM   #87
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

BLUE ARMY

This song has been stepped more times than my grandmother has been pregnant... but I'll be fair and give it a proper review

(0s-23.740s)
The mines at the very beginning made it look very promising and the intro bit was good but there are way too many hands. You have hands going at every quarter note which ideally makes sense, but for a song like this where the snare hits every OTHER quarter note it destroys the flow of the chart entirely making it a clusterfuck of arrows which most people will quit out of at the start. Another issue I have is inconsistency, and unfortunately it's all over the place. the 16'ths at the intro right at the start are perfect. But then you decided to ignore the music completely and put some where they shouldn't be which, again, destroys the flow of the chart. If you're gonna follow the music be consistent, that's the most important thing about making a file, You had it going for about... 2.9 seconds then it went out the window. You'll have to do A LOT of fixing for the intro alone, but unfortunately that's not all that's inconsistent...

(23.740s-44.815s)
THE JUMPSTREAM- Dude... I know in this day and age people like to play hard shit and jumpstream is one of those things that make a tricky file but you gotta be more consistent and follow the music. I know this song in particular has a TRILLION different sounds going on everywhere but if you're gonna pick one then pick ONE and run with it. I couldn't follow what you were doing with the 16'th jump trill thingy at all as there are 2 specific sounds that run on the 16th. the first is three notes (as you stepped right at the beginning). and the second runs three notes to seven or nine. You have three notes as jump trill shit literally EVERYWHERE on the quarter and eighth beats of each measure which doesn't follow anything at all. that'll need a massive overhaul as well.

(44.815s-1:05.727s)
Okay to your credit this part is dope. I like the mine placement and the pitch relevancy, that's solid and a job very well done for that... however everything above overshadows this minor section... let's get to the next part

(1:05.727s-1:48.043s)

Okay... I don't know what your goal is here right now. You either hate people who are good at jumpstream or you're trying to give James and I carpel tunnel forever. To your credit you nailed the hand portion I mentioned as an issue earlier, that part I can agree with... everything else is the same issue as the jumpstream section mentioned above, it needs some serious work before it can be considered a solid file.

(1:48.043s-2:38.098s)

This part is by FAR the best portion of this file. I loved the mine placement to the vocals in conjecture with the long freezes. It serves as a brilliant difficulty supplement, one that outshines most files with covering this section in particular so kudos for that! although you DID miss a note for the bigger mine portion from 2:34.146-2:38.098, and if I follow the mine placement the mine that should be a note is at 2:35.991. Pop that in and I have no issues with this section at all. Again well done on this part so let's move on!

(2:38.098-2:59.173)
I feel like this file as a whole is a dump file but I'm not sure just yet.... The jumps in this section: Perfect. You nailed it. Everything else you can get rid of, you have steps to non-existent sounds. I listen to my music at ear bleed level and I still can't find what you put those single notes to, take those out and this part is good.

(2:59.173s-3:18.932s)
I was hoping and PRAYING that you'd keep the same consistency as mentioned a couple paragraphs ago but unfortunately that didn't happen. You've got the same issue as above, but fortunately some parts could be fixed with a little bit of layering so the damage isn't too too bad... It's going good until that fucking 24'th stream burst. That's not any sound in the song and I want it murdered, nailed to a cross and burned alive screaming in agony. The buildup with the jump trills is cool though I dig that.

(3.19.590-4:05.035)
Dude... All that wonderful praise... Those three paragraphs. You had actually somewhat stopped the bleeding in this file (I'm pretending those 24ths aren't there)...UNTIL THIS. I need a fucking map and directions from a blind dyslexic to figure out what's going on here and I'd STILL get lost. The hands to the snare are a 4th off (It should be the next red note instead of what you have), the jumpy trilly two blue/yellow screams "Your fingers will never be the same again" and it makes no sense. This part needs to be done from scratch, pay attention to each beat and the sounds you're putting notes to, the blue yellow thing should be blue, then the bass kick (red, make that a jump for overall flow of the file so it feels smoother) then yellow/red jumps. the stream as a whole I can understand because of the 16th hi-hat run. but fix everything else

(4:05.035-4:07.669)
Okay I'll let THIS portion slide. You combined the main rhythm with the high hate thing. If you want change the main rhythm as jumps or leave it as is but...

(4:07.669-4:55.090)
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE FIX THIS. It's a huge mess but as the stand-in I have to point out some of the major issues. That jump trill thing in 5 16'ths starting on the 8th needs to go. it has no purpose other than a ridiculously complicated difficulty supplement, You have jumps going all over the place that make little to no sense to the point where I feel like you just kind of shat them everywhere to see what happened, and something happened. I nearly died of heart failure due this portion of the file ALONE. For the sake of optimism I'll give you credit for nailing 4:47.187-4:52.455. the 32nd rolls are good and the jumpstream is fine, I'll let that go as long as you fix the rest of this... I'm begging you PLEASE FIX IT

4:55.090-6:28.449
I am now officially convinced this is a dump file. If it's not then you have A LOT of work to do on this. It has the same issues as earlier and THOSE FUCKING 24THS! GET RID OF THEM DAMMIT! The mine placement seems a little awkward but I'll let that slide but you HAVE to fix the jumpstreams in this. It makes the file unplayable.

Overall: I don't know if this is your first file but if it is, you have a lot of potential to get better. Don't let one bad submission get you down, everyone has a file that's bad (especially their very first one). If you want this to get accepted you'll have to start with the jumpstreams and all the stuff I pointed out as issues. If you want a visual on what the basic structure of the file looks like then take a look at Zaghurim's version of this song. For now however, I'm going to put this as rejected. Looking forward to seeing you learn from this and putting out more stuff!
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Old 04-29-2017, 03:43 AM   #88
Nixo
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
BLUE ARMY

This song has been stepped more times than my grandmother has been pregnant... but I'll be fair and give it a proper review

(0s-23.740s)
The mines at the very beginning made it look very promising and the intro bit was good but there are way too many hands. You have hands going at every quarter note which ideally makes sense, but for a song like this where the snare hits every OTHER quarter note it destroys the flow of the chart entirely making it a clusterfuck of arrows which most people will quit out of at the start. Another issue I have is inconsistency, and unfortunately it's all over the place. the 16'ths at the intro right at the start are perfect. But then you decided to ignore the music completely and put some where they shouldn't be which, again, destroys the flow of the chart. If you're gonna follow the music be consistent, that's the most important thing about making a file, You had it going for about... 2.9 seconds then it went out the window. You'll have to do A LOT of fixing for the intro alone, but unfortunately that's not all that's inconsistent...

(23.740s-44.815s)
THE JUMPSTREAM- Dude... I know in this day and age people like to play hard shit and jumpstream is one of those things that make a tricky file but you gotta be more consistent and follow the music. I know this song in particular has a TRILLION different sounds going on everywhere but if you're gonna pick one then pick ONE and run with it. I couldn't follow what you were doing with the 16'th jump trill thingy at all as there are 2 specific sounds that run on the 16th. the first is three notes (as you stepped right at the beginning). and the second runs three notes to seven or nine. You have three notes as jump trill shit literally EVERYWHERE on the quarter and eighth beats of each measure which doesn't follow anything at all. that'll need a massive overhaul as well.

(44.815s-1:05.727s)
Okay to your credit this part is dope. I like the mine placement and the pitch relevancy, that's solid and a job very well done for that... however everything above overshadows this minor section... let's get to the next part

(1:05.727s-1:48.043s)

Okay... I don't know what your goal is here right now. You either hate people who are good at jumpstream or you're trying to give James and I carpel tunnel forever. To your credit you nailed the hand portion I mentioned as an issue earlier, that part I can agree with... everything else is the same issue as the jumpstream section mentioned above, it needs some serious work before it can be considered a solid file.

(1:48.043s-2:38.098s)

This part is by FAR the best portion of this file. I loved the mine placement to the vocals in conjecture with the long freezes. It serves as a brilliant difficulty supplement, one that outshines most files with covering this section in particular so kudos for that! although you DID miss a note for the bigger mine portion from 2:34.146-2:38.098, and if I follow the mine placement the mine that should be a note is at 2:35.991. Pop that in and I have no issues with this section at all. Again well done on this part so let's move on!

(2:38.098-2:59.173)
I feel like this file as a whole is a dump file but I'm not sure just yet.... The jumps in this section: Perfect. You nailed it. Everything else you can get rid of, you have steps to non-existent sounds. I listen to my music at ear bleed level and I still can't find what you put those single notes to, take those out and this part is good.

(2:59.173s-3:18.932s)
I was hoping and PRAYING that you'd keep the same consistency as mentioned a couple paragraphs ago but unfortunately that didn't happen. You've got the same issue as above, but fortunately some parts could be fixed with a little bit of layering so the damage isn't too too bad... It's going good until that fucking 24'th stream burst. That's not any sound in the song and I want it murdered, nailed to a cross and burned alive screaming in agony. The buildup with the jump trills is cool though I dig that.

(3.19.590-4:05.035)
Dude... All that wonderful praise... Those three paragraphs. You had actually somewhat stopped the bleeding in this file (I'm pretending those 24ths aren't there)...UNTIL THIS. I need a fucking map and directions from a blind dyslexic to figure out what's going on here and I'd STILL get lost. The hands to the snare are a 4th off (It should be the next red note instead of what you have), the jumpy trilly two blue/yellow screams "Your fingers will never be the same again" and it makes no sense. This part needs to be done from scratch, pay attention to each beat and the sounds you're putting notes to, the blue yellow thing should be blue, then the bass kick (red, make that a jump for overall flow of the file so it feels smoother) then yellow/red jumps. the stream as a whole I can understand because of the 16th hi-hat run. but fix everything else

(4:05.035-4:07.669)
Okay I'll let THIS portion slide. You combined the main rhythm with the high hate thing. If you want change the main rhythm as jumps or leave it as is but...

(4:07.669-4:55.090)
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE FIX THIS. It's a huge mess but as the stand-in I have to point out some of the major issues. That jump trill thing in 5 16'ths starting on the 8th needs to go. it has no purpose other than a ridiculously complicated difficulty supplement, You have jumps going all over the place that make little to no sense to the point where I feel like you just kind of shat them everywhere to see what happened, and something happened. I nearly died of heart failure due this portion of the file ALONE. For the sake of optimism I'll give you credit for nailing 4:47.187-4:52.455. the 32nd rolls are good and the jumpstream is fine, I'll let that go as long as you fix the rest of this... I'm begging you PLEASE FIX IT

4:55.090-6:28.449
I am now officially convinced this is a dump file. If it's not then you have A LOT of work to do on this. It has the same issues as earlier and THOSE FUCKING 24THS! GET RID OF THEM DAMMIT! The mine placement seems a little awkward but I'll let that slide but you HAVE to fix the jumpstreams in this. It makes the file unplayable.

Overall: I don't know if this is your first file but if it is, you have a lot of potential to get better. Don't let one bad submission get you down, everyone has a file that's bad (especially their very first one). If you want this to get accepted you'll have to start with the jumpstreams and all the stuff I pointed out as issues. If you want a visual on what the basic structure of the file looks like then take a look at Zaghurim's version of this song. For now however, I'm going to put this as rejected. Looking forward to seeing you learn from this and putting out more stuff!
Thank you for examining this file, submitting this was kind of a test to see if I'm doing something wrong since I've never submitted a file.

First of all, I want to point out what I was trying to achieve with this file. My objective was to make a really dense handstream stamina file.
The way it is layered doesn't necessarily follow the music (even though I tried my best to do so), I admit I've kind of made a mess though.
My plan was to achieve a much better consistency but when I started charting the first handstream I realized I had to make some compromises to make it dense and fun (at least for me :P).
About the part at 2:38.098-2:59.173, well... I'm perfectly aware that the single notes don't make much sense, but I directly went with them because I felt like the jumps only would have been too light/easy. Now that I think about it though, I should remove the single notes.
About the 24th... they kinda follow the build up? idk
The part at 3.19.590-4:05.035 needed to be the densest, but I've noticed I've made major mistakes, all fixable easily luckily.
Same goes for the rest.
The part at 4:55.090 is a bad idea from me, I should have done the same thing I've done for the beginning of the file but for some reason, I went with these mini jumptrills.
Again, thank you for taking the time to make this review even if it didn't deserve it. This file is actually my favorite thing to play xD I find it very fun, but I guess when I'll fix the problems with it, it's gonna be more enjoyable.
Nixo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 02:18 PM   #89
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Okay guys, as the stand in for this pack I'm going to extend the deadline for submissions until James gets his laptop up and running. So ignore the April 30th deadline for now and just send me what you have. Once James gets his shit going I'll pm him the notes (or he can look at this thread) and submissions will be closed for gfx.

BASICALLY FINISH YA FILES GUIEZ
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Old 04-30-2017, 07:35 PM   #90
James May
FFR Player

Hey guys, just a minor heads up: I'm on a friend's laptop, I'll look at stuff once everything settles around next week. I do apologize but things have been popping up like bedbugs infestation :<

James May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2017, 03:18 AM   #91
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Bumpity wumpity. James when you get yo laptop check your e-mail. I sent 3 files: Noh Stage (it's basically a v2 from my original VGMP2 submission that got accepted then rejected due to the amount of file already in the pack iirc... but I enhanced it with steroids), Study x Study (ED for Highschool DXD- The greatest anime any ecchi lover will see) and Super Affection (OP for Carnival Phantasm)

Let me know if/and when you get them and if you want any fixes/changes to be made

As for the rest of you guys, I'm still substitute judge for the pack (as James hasn't said otherwise yet so I'm assuming he hasn't gotten a new laptop to do stuff with) If James has accepted a file on the condition that it needs fixes send those to me via PM, along with any other submissions you have; As mentioned above I will be relaying all of my notes to James (or he can check dis thread) before the submissions are finally closed

GET TO WORK SLACKERS
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Old 05-7-2017, 11:13 AM   #92
leonid
I am leonid
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Am I too late or can I send pokemed hardmode (not 26 min long) here
edit scratch that didn't see the unreleased file only part
(then again I don't think more than 10 people saw the release)

Proud member of Team No

Last edited by leonid; 05-7-2017 at 11:26 AM..
leonid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:59 AM   #93
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Bumpity bump! I haven't forgotten about this James! Just let me know when I can stand down as judge!

As for the rest of you guys I'm still looking forward to submissions
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Old 05-10-2017, 03:16 PM   #94
James May
FFR Player

You can step down Shadow, just PM me the stuff and I'll get the notes rolling. I'll end submissions tomorrow to start finalizing the stuff.

Old 05-10-2017, 03:53 PM   #95
leonid
I am leonid

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonid View Post
Am I too late or can I send pokemed hardmode (not 26 min long) here
edit scratch that didn't see the unreleased file only part
(then again I don't think more than 10 people saw the release)
Y/N??

Proud member of Team No
Old 05-10-2017, 04:41 PM   #96
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonid View Post
Y/N??
send it over

Old 05-10-2017, 05:03 PM   #97
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Quote:
Originally Posted by James May View Post
You can step down Shadow, just PM me the stuff and I'll get the notes rolling. I'll end submissions tomorrow to start finalizing the stuff.
Sounds good! I had one submission that I'll send over, you can read the notes ITT. Did you get the rest of my submissions?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Old 05-10-2017, 07:33 PM   #98
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Sounds good! I had one submission that I'll send over, you can read the notes ITT. Did you get the rest of my submissions?
I did

Old 05-10-2017, 08:00 PM   #99
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Quote:
Originally Posted by James May View Post
I did
Sweet! If you could PM me the fixes that need to be made I'll have them all done before Friday
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Old 05-10-2017, 08:06 PM   #100
leonid
I am leonid

Sent but feel free to drop if chart doesn't fit in this pack

Proud member of Team No