Send a message via AIM to Tokzic
Default Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

in retrospect i wish i voted ic waifu pick, that was definitely the play

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Old 07-12-2018, 12:30 AM   #682
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam33 View Post
I have mostly concerns about the big post
:There's no cohesion moving from reply to reply. Not only that, the quotes get to be less and less game-relevant and hard-hitting as you move from top to bottom, like he was able to summon up less and less interest
Def made sure the important stuff was near the top, save for the vote on YoshL which I decided to keep since I ended up not wanting to cut his post. Post was not written as linear as you may think since I actually do have a laptop right now and can actually do that.

Quote:
:He never talks about celirra, for all his mentions of the voting stuff, and specifically my involvement, which (between my and charu's input) he had more words for than anything else. How is that possible?
I'm shit at reading him. Why I'm more or less gonna sheep Blind on him for d0.

You can totally call me weaksauce for that I guess. Cel will get easier to read later.

Quote:
:The post he ends up voting in reply to isn't even that bad on an alignment-relevant level. (Only because of the next point I'll point out that) the post he's replying to is thoughtless swill, and he takes a super formal, stiff tone in his commentary leading up to his vote. In every other reply he either uses cutesy language or personal flair - I checked. Hard for me to get past
So no love for me being in before braindead?
But no for real what the fuck are you on about? I explained my vote the way anyone should explain a serious vote.

Quote:
:He speaks weirdly to Hakulyte, whom I'm having a hard time seeing as a villager for a reason I'll explain further next post. It's questions without questioning, it's concern without action or conclusion. Bugs me hugely. FWIW haku's post he was replying to read mildly not W/W to me, which has left me doing a couple of actual, factual head scratches
How is this weird? I'm calling him out for being a hypocrite there, but the way I do it is weird? You'l have to explain that one good sir.

Quote:
:His disclosure of "yo my internet might be fucked I'll be around while I can" sounds way more "can I please get credit for posting in hard conditions" than most.
It died out for like 5 minute-chunks of times like 4 times because I am sitting far away from my friend's router, so I'm not gonna to pretend I might be able to actually chat when I may not. Had I not copied that big post it would have been eaten for real.

Quote:
FWIW @MML, it's appreciated and respected that you are here under questionable conditions. I just think you presented it in a suspicious way
Speaking of wording shit weird

Quote:
Yeah, this is also pretty clearly an edited line:
"It's also noteworthy that he's taking a stance that to me seems the most Town-serving option we have ever had the opportunity to preform d0."
I think from context he must have meant "..a stance that to me seems [contrary to/against]..."
More reason against
You seem to have a problem with people proofreading their posts.
I'll admit that in restructuring the line it from the fucking horribe run on sentance that last paragraph was I botched t hardcore but within context you should be able to figure it out. Or ask about it like YoshL did.

Quote:
Post 649. No complaints with MML! He's posting hard and playing seriously. Big fan
Fucking

Really now

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 07-12-2018, 12:31 AM   #683
Tokzic
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
hear me out

I think with this massive amount of players in this game, we should go without the pretense of having everyone reading every post

because let's be real, this thread will be insane by the end of the day
this is the only post on this page i read

Old 07-12-2018, 12:36 AM   #684
Adam33
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokzic View Post
The first time I read this I thought "lol haku trying to minmax the waifu contest" but something about this stuck out to me and on reread I don't like the way this situation played out.

Haku's knee-trigger response to the waifu contest announcement is, "Should we all vote for the same waifu?" He then puts out the list of waifus, and less than an hour after announcement, tries to push us all to voting Eirika.

The wolves naturally have an advantage in this contest in both their numbers and the fact that they know each other's identities. But they specifically aren't allowed to talk in private about the contest. They have to do it in public. How do you get your team wolf team to pile votes onto your target? You tell them quickly who the group target is and act like you're talking to town. The "correct me if I'm wrong..." part even kind of gives an air of non-finality to it, which would maybe get town to disperse their votes and concentrate the wolf pool in future?

Another thing I noticed during my waifu research was that the characters in the contest are all within the Sacred Stones. It's a very real possibility the waifus are players in the game. And if that's the case, there's good motive for the wolves to get their waifu the win.

I don't think Haku's response to the contest is towny. I think there was a little too much initiative going on there and it smells bad to me.
yessss......
Old 07-12-2018, 12:37 AM   #685
Adam33
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Fucking

Really now
You should reread this please. It's not sarcasm or backhanded anything
Old 07-12-2018, 12:38 AM   #686
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
The first time I read this I thought "lol haku trying to minmax the waifu contest" but something about this stuck out to me and on reread I don't like the way this situation played out.

Haku's knee-trigger response to the waifu contest announcement is, "Should we all vote for the same waifu?" He then puts out the list of waifus, and less than an hour after announcement, tries to push us all to voting Eirika.

The wolves naturally have an advantage in this contest in both their numbers and the fact that they know each other's identities. But they specifically aren't allowed to talk in private about the contest. They have to do it in public. How do you get your team wolf team to pile votes onto your target? You tell them quickly who the group target is and act like you're talking to town. The "correct me if I'm wrong..." part even kind of gives an air of non-finality to it, which would maybe get town to disperse their votes and concentrate the wolf pool in future?

Another thing I noticed during my waifu research was that the characters in the contest are all within the Sacred Stones. It's a very real possibility the waifus are players in the game. And if that's the case, there's good motive for the wolves to get their waifu the win.

I don't think Haku's response to the contest is towny. I think there was a little too much initiative going on there and it smells bad to me.
Yeah, that's something that started coming in mind as well for me as the phase progressed a few pages later.

I just saw that waifu contest and wanted to do something about it even if I'm not listened to.

I don't really a rebuttal to this because my posts have been more reactive than anything else so far.

Note that I'm cool with adapting to whatever others want. I don't have a particular reason to want "Eirika" over anyone else in the waifus.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:47 AM   #687
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Alright the MML post is exactly what I wanted to see. More focus on what he's come to care about most in his retelling of the game from his POV. I'm off the suspicion
No seriously what the actual flying fuck is this shit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I think my vote is still on sprucegrit. I feel like wolves objective at this stage of the game would be to hurry and find a PR. Therefore stuff has to happen to create the opportunity to create this scenario.
I disagree so hard with this assumption it hurts me.
You realize as the game goes on and people get into the shop he'll be found out pretty easily right? If he's lying, it's only a matter of time before he gets caught.

Quote:

Bold = Wrong. So, so fucking wrong.

You realize that if Haku is a wolf here and that was his plan, he has to bank on all of town not doing what he suggested because if they did, their
numbers would make whatever the fuck the wolves did mute. Like seriously, if everyone did it we know town had more votes on said waifu because there are more town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikyi View Post
i would have definitely not argued as much, because there's concession points. Again, whenever someone's dealing in such harsh absolutes, it's really hard to believe that they're coming from a genuine mindset of wanting the best in the current situation.
I disagree with this; I've seen more town be stubborn then wolves in my games.

Quote:
I understand that we do have to work with what we have - however, i'm trying to avoid the assumption that the sudden death round is going to work exactly like the voting rounds. Another belief that I have is that the SD round has its rules very hidden for a reason.
I agree with that theory, but I don't think it really matters all that much. In this case, I think I'm with Charu when he says that people are overthinking the set up.

Quote:
Part of it is that i was fishing around for some responses, part of it is because i have a gut belief that sunfan was 100% ready for people to try and game the events, especially after public chat got turned on. Partly because it felt *really good* when adam's choice didn't win. Also, as a complete aside, we have no way of knowing whether or not adam even voted for that apparantly.
Sunfan bit is fair'nuff, but I dont think he would fuck us that bad. That's super gut feeling though. /angleshooting

Quote:
I do think you should take more time to continue actually talking with people before you instantly dismiss things as weak logic. Also, not to mention that i had like instavoted Tana LMAO
You can only think so much on matters that are literally guesses and non-points my dude.

Quote:
this is the only post on this page i read
Tokzic you're a bad player and you should feel bad

Old 07-12-2018, 12:48 AM   #688
Adam33
FFR Player

Quote:
1 - Def made sure the important stuff was near the top, save for the vote on YoshL which I decided to keep since I ended up not wanting to cut his post. Post was not written as linear as you may think since I actually do have a laptop right now and can actually do that.

2 - I'm shit at reading him. Why I'm more or less gonna sheep Blind on him for d0.

3 - You can totally call me weaksauce for that I guess. Cel will get easier to read later.

4 - So no love for me being in before braindead?
But no for real what the fuck are you on about? I explained my vote the way anyone should explain a serious vote.

5 - How is this weird? I'm calling him out for being a hypocrite there, but the way I do it is weird? You'l have to explain that one good sir.

6 - It died out for like 5 minute-chunks of times like 4 times because I am sitting far away from my friend's router, so I'm not gonna to pretend I might be able to actually chat when I may not. Had I not copied that big post it would have been eaten for real.

7 - Speaking of wording shit weird

8 - You seem to have a problem with people proofreading their posts.
I'll admit that in restructuring the line it from the fucking horribe run on sentance that last paragraph was I botched t hardcore but within context you should be able to figure it out. Or ask about it like YoshL did.
Reverse order to spare myself some scrolling
8 - nope, just that mafia have more reason to edit their posts and more difficulty phrasing their votes on town. i did figure it out. i explained what you meant in the very post you replied to
7 - yeah idk how to communicate that i really appreciate people going out of their way to play the game even when it's inconvenient in the same line i'm calling them suspicious for something related to it, so i just use my most natural tone and hope it gets across sincerely
6 - all good. again, no purely grateful you're going to these efforts. i just thought and think the wording is suspicious
5 - the way i explained. you seemed content to ask hakulyte a question that looked like it would lead to suspicion or shade throwing, but you ended the reply on a pretty muted note. it looks like "you think THAT? i don't get it - what's the point of THAT? i really don't think this makes sense. but i guess i'll move on" to me
4 - fair enough, honestly, though it comes after the vote, and it being spaced out differently makes it sound like it was tacked on as an afterthought
3 - oops 2 and 3 are part of one thing
2 - it was very notably missing. if i were to give you a detailed analysis of the girls in the contest, and i only talked about four of them, you would be confused, too
1 - i assumed multiquote now, press reply later, don't rearrange anything. which i still think is accurate? not sure what to make out of the rest of 1, but i don't think you needed to hear much more of a reply than this
Old 07-12-2018, 12:49 AM   #689
Tokzic
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
is this the worst post ever made in the history of werewolf????
lmfao

Old 07-12-2018, 12:49 AM   #690
Daikyi
FFR Player

i think it's less of a thing about "non-points" and just, disagreeing with overall viewpoint of what's important regarding the event, and how to handle it

and i think i can be satisfied leaving it at that
Old 07-12-2018, 12:50 AM   #691
Adam33
FFR Player

legit baffled. does anyone know what MML is bothered by wrt me? MML please reply live for a minute!
Old 07-12-2018, 12:51 AM   #692
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
You should reread this please. It's not sarcasm or backhanded anything
You literally made a post criticizing my post and before I even get a chance to respond before even one page goes recorded on the site you flip flop off me and are now saying it isn't sarcasm?

Son you clearly had issues with my post that where a little more explicit then "I don't like this post" please own up to it.

Old 07-12-2018, 12:52 AM   #693
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
I disagree so hard with this assumption it hurts me.
You realize as the game goes on and people get into the shop he'll be found out pretty easily right? If he's lying, it's only a matter of time before he gets caught.
It's not knowing what's in the secret shop that matters. It's discussing about it that can lead to issues. Same story with the waifu contest. You want to minimize the talking and keep things simple preferably.

DBP should have led the waifu contest part tho. That's definitely the one thing I overlooked.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:52 AM   #694
Tokzic
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
Yeah, it makes Raeko a real question mark as I would absolutely peg her as a 3p right now
am i bad at reading

1) i can't find what which post this is "yeah"ing
2) i can't figure out what "it" is in this sentence

Old 07-12-2018, 12:52 AM   #695
Adam33
FFR Player

Quote:
You literally made a post criticizing my post and before I even get a chance to respond before even one page goes recorded on the site you flip flop off me and are now saying it isn't sarcasm?

Son you clearly had issues with my post that where a little more explicit then "I don't like this post" please own up to it.
oh. i get it okay

i was calling you a wolf. i was saying i think your post was wolfy. charu was asking me who i had a problem with, not who i was wolf reading
Old 07-12-2018, 12:54 AM   #696
Daikyi
FFR Player

also

Quote:
I disagree with this; I've seen more town be stubborn then wolves in my games.
i think i know my motives for engaging someone, and i think i'm more accurate than this generalization lol - it's kinda sweeping and doesn't really elaborate on much
Old 07-12-2018, 12:56 AM   #697
Tokzic
FFR Player

i need to sleep and then work eight hours and then stream so see you guys in 20 hours or whatever ;____;

Old 07-12-2018, 01:00 AM   #698
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
the way i explained. you seemed content to ask hakulyte a question that looked like it would lead to suspicion or shade throwing, but you ended the reply on a pretty muted note. it looks like "you think THAT? i don't get it - what's the point of THAT? i really don't think this makes sense. but i guess i'll move on" to me
I will clarify that for some people, I have a lot of history playing the game with them in the past. Haku makes no sense as both town and wolf, and it's better to just let him have to answer for himself for a spell before advocating for anything. I have mislynched him many times before for being hasty.

Besides, I think he knows I was throwing shade at him, and he's the only person who really needed to know for me to see reactions.

Quote:
honestly, though it comes after the vote, and it being spaced out differently makes it sound like it was tacked on as an afterthought
Can confirm it was not an afterthought.

Quote:
i assumed multiquote now, press reply later, don't rearrange anything. which i still think is accurate? not sure what to make out of the rest of 1, but i don't think you needed to hear much more of a reply than this
I don't understand your point?

Quote:
i think it's less of a thing about "non-points" and just, disagreeing with overall viewpoint of what's important regarding the event, and how to handle it

and i think i can be satisfied leaving it at that
Then I'll leave it be for now

Old 07-12-2018, 01:03 AM   #699
Adam33
FFR Player

Point being, it seemed like the last quotes you made were the least deep. Like you were less interested in digging into the game as time went on (quotes did happen linearly with your read of the game)
Old 07-12-2018, 01:09 AM   #700
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Point being, it seemed like the last quotes you made were the least deep. Like you were less interested in digging into the game as time went on (quotes did happen linearly with your read of the game)
So do you like, like my post or not? getting some seriously fucking mixed signs from you here.

Some posts quoted where cut when I ended up addressing them at the start generally instead of quoting, say, all of DPB's posts about the contest and most of that shitstorm of yours. That would leave the most interesting bit at the top, which was the goal, because half our playerbase doesn't like reading legit and will read like the first paragraph only anyway.

Closed Thread