Default Re: ITG/DDR Scores

Oceanlab is definitely at least a 15
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:20 PM   #502
megamon88
aka Assertive
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

This probably sucks compared to most of the people in this thread, but I'm pretty proud of this pass. I need to stop getting random misses though lol

(This is the file if anyone is wondering: http://r21freak.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23368)
Old 04-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #503
FrozenAngel91
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to FrozenAngel91

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamon88 View Post
This probably sucks compared to most of the people in this thread, but I'm pretty proud of this pass. I need to stop getting random misses though lol

(This is the file if anyone is wondering: http://r21freak.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23368)
You passed it already? Wow I thought it would take you a lot longer, you're getting really good really fast mega .

I think a 13 pass is probably within range for you now, you should give a few a try.

Oh also don't worry about being up to par with other people here, its all about what's good for your level of skill, anything is worthy of praise if its good for you. When i started this thread ddr 10s were hard for me haha, i had never intended it to be for ultra good people. Anyways I want more people to post here lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findarian
get a sand hack and don't chicken scratch it and if someone does something stupid hack burn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannytwobyfore
I wouldn't blame them, playing jump dense Konami files in DDR would make anyone's dick hard, maybe that's why the only thing anyone does anymore is stream.
FrozenAngel91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #504
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenAngel91 View Post
Oh also don't worry about being up to par with other people here, its all about what's good for your level of skill, anything is worthy of praise if its good for you.
Agreed, my main goal on pad is to pass the files in my Nero's Day at ITGland pad pack. Honestly I dislike going into the typical ITG type files, and I never want to play any of those Pendulum-type files. Locked Into Phantasy is good enough for something like that.

I personally find it more impressive if someone is willing to give all kinds of files a shot. Not strictly sticking to ITG footspeed files, etc. I have great respect for FrozenAngel for giving DDR files a shot too. Players, especially on r21freak, care way too much about patterns they're used to.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:21 AM   #505
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

Guys, i'm putting it here to see if anyone knows something... a friend of mine is buying a machine and he would like to know if there are some ITG2 machines for sale. Ofc it would have to be sent to italy then, but first i'd like to know the prices for some machines
Old 04-26-2013, 07:08 AM   #506
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

The thing is ITG Dedicabs are extremely rare. Usually there's only 1 for sale at a time, most likely via private seller, and you can go like 6 months or even a year without one being on sale. Also I have noooo idea about anyone who would ship it to Italy :s
Old 04-26-2013, 07:51 AM   #507
MinTS2
FFR Player

3000~6000 USD without shipping but it really depends on the state of the machine.
MinTS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:57 AM   #508
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

for that amount i can get a DDR convert here in italy in extremely good shape, there's actually one i'm considering buying that costs 2500 € - and i can rent a truck and go get it myself, with minimal expenses. Besides, i'm friends with some dude who owns some 20 arcades all over italy, that means i can get excellent first hand assistance if something on the cab breaks... maybe i should go with that. There's some french dudes who imported some itg mahcines and they paid some 10 grand and more for each machine, lol. One of them is actually trying to sell his ITG machine for 14000 euros.

EDIT ok w/e i found a DDR convert for € 2200 which is the cheapest i've ever found around. Pads are in great condition and it has been throughly cheched recently, so yeah.

Last edited by Mollocephalus; 04-26-2013 at 12:34 PM..
Mollocephalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:49 PM   #509
MinTS2
FFR Player

Well DDR cabinet prices are much lower than Dedicabs. At least here in Toronto, Canada. One of my buddies said it's possible to get a super crappy ddr cabinet under $800 and just touch it up by yourself. But still nice to see you found a good machine. If it's in great shape, 2900 USD isn't really that expensive.

Last edited by MinTS2; 04-26-2013 at 08:56 PM..
Old 04-26-2013, 09:02 PM   #510
MinTS2
FFR Player

Gate is still fully closed.

Also, I almost passed Miota from Delta later in the day. 260s are cake now.

Also some other things I did but couldn't take a pic.

Express Emotions 1.3 rate - 91%
Inner Universe 1.2 rate - 88%
Why I Became a Witch 2.0 rate
Sharper 1.1 rate was REALLY hard. The pattern was easy enough for me to pass it.

These were all 235+ and I think I'm improving footspeed. Stamina is still crap though. (Still haven't passed a pendulum 14 YOLO)

Last edited by MinTS2; 04-26-2013 at 09:20 PM..
Old 04-27-2013, 12:34 AM   #511
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Very nice scores :P
Old 04-27-2013, 01:00 AM   #512
EzExZeRo7497
FFR Veteran

yeah you open that gate
EzExZeRo7497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:45 AM   #513
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur

Haha you havent passed a pendulum 14 yet you passed fucking Miota? The 17 right?

That's dumb, even Jim seems to struggle a little on that song
Old 04-27-2013, 10:46 AM   #514
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Doesn't Miota have a bunch of 8th notes in between the 16ths outside of the longer 16th stream sections? In that case I'd imagine you'd just have to haul through a lot of ULTIMATE 130 BPM STREAM with some short fast bursts here and there, and then the big 16th streams are the real trouble spots.

Also, if Miota is a 17 and he hasn't passed a Pendulum 14, then there is zero reason to say Valkyrie Dimension Challenge is a 14. The beginning candle stream alone has a lot of turns alone, not to mention the xmod barrier created by the speedups and then the ending crossover streams having a 270 degree turn doing it the legit way. Also "it's only 4 measures of 240 BPM 16th stream" is bullshit because that would be like saying BBP expert is an 18 just because its 16th streams only last 2 measures at the longest even though it is 292 BPM with candle steps, and that the song is barely over a minute in length.

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 04-27-2013 at 10:49 AM..
Old 04-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #515
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur

All you have to do is bracketstomp Valkyrie to survive the stream. Because unless you play on Cmod Im fairly certain that speedup is unreadable
Old 04-27-2013, 12:10 PM   #516
MinTS2
FFR Player

NO lol I didn't passed Miota. I said I almost passed it. After surviving the first few runs, the rest of the song just prepares you for the ending run. I failed near the end.

Also, this is the reason why I don't like converting DDR song ratings to ITG because they are DIFFERENT games to begin with and to be honest I've never played DDR in my life. I've never played anything techy like VD so I don't know how hard it is to read the speedup and those crossovers near the end but if you think it's not a 14, that's completely fine with me. However, without the speedup and those intense crossovers, it is definitely a mid 14 no matter how bullshit the patterns are.

Also, I'll go to Newmarket to play pendulum this week because there's no pendulum in the pacific mall and the pads are MUCH better and raised there so yeah. I haven't been there for a long time because it's so godamn far from my house but my stamina did improve quite a bit so I'll try to pass some pendulum 14s and maybe some easier end 15s soon there.

Last edited by MinTS2; 04-27-2013 at 01:04 PM..
Old 04-29-2013, 02:51 PM   #517
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur

Some random stuff from today. Nothing too impressive I guess.

I really love this song. I also seem to be getting quite good at 240 streams. I probably could have gotten a lot farther if I wasnt so tired already. Could definitely be my first 16.

Holy shit this song is impossible to score well on because of all those 24th drills. Note how I FEC'd the entire 16 measure 190 stream.

This is actually pretty good for me. Sure I only made it about half way, but my FA on these streams... which are basically most brutal in all of Pendulum, is really impressive.

http://www.twitch.tv/dragonxdm/c/2221420

Also reposting these for whoever didnt want to look in my thread.

Also got my new best score on a 14.

Little pissed that my vid in twitch didnt have sound for this part of my session but whatever, heres a video of the chart(REALLY good chart in my opinion. One of my favorites now. It cuts out before the fun part though. whatever)

Also got really far in Black Lamp( I think I could probably pass this soon too)

Old 04-29-2013, 02:58 PM   #518
MinTS2
FFR Player

I agree with you. 4 18 Na LS is probably my favourite speedcore song.

http://osu.ppy.sh/u/2407433
Old 05-1-2013, 12:11 PM   #519
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur

So yeah I completely changed my diet 1 1/2 weeks ago to lose weight specifically for ITG stamina. Im down 8 pounds and I guess it's working.

3 weeks ago I couldnt get past the 2nd end stream, and I was dead tired afterwards. I actually had minimal fatigue after this run AND it was my 2nd song of the day.

I know I can definitely get 94%+ because a lot of the misses were dumb, especially in the easy sections. I think I was accidentally ghosting a lot of the down arrows. Plus overall I didnt thin I was going to pass so I didnt really put much effort in until the ending.

Apparently Archi actually rated Granite as the hardest Pendulum 14 so lol sure Ill take it.

Old 05-1-2013, 05:21 PM   #520
FrozenAngel91
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to FrozenAngel91

Wow what, that looked exteremely hard, especially the end 48 measure run, that would of murdered me x.x. I'd probably have a hard time beating that score, and you didn't even look all that tired so you can definetly do better, geeze dragon.

You might as well beat a pendulum 15 now, go for the fountain, it's not much harder than that song to be honest.

Oh also I don't have a picture cause my phone battery ran dead, but I beat my second 16. It was dreamer by happy feet, maybe a bit harder than world sound but probably still not a legit 16, oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findarian
get a sand hack and don't chicken scratch it and if someone does something stupid hack burn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannytwobyfore
I wouldn't blame them, playing jump dense Konami files in DDR would make anyone's dick hard, maybe that's why the only thing anyone does anymore is stream.
FrozenAngel91 is offline   Reply With Quote